Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 09:19 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello! Deelee, so sorry that you are going through this now. I think that we have all gone through this too with our own kids. It does hurt but you really have to just stand back and let "Them" go through it. In all liklihood he is probably lashing out at you because he doesn't want to rack the boat of the tick tock lady. I had to stand back and pretty much put a wall around me so I wouldn't hurt... after he realized I wasn't going to engage in his BS (it took a while) he did come back and has apologized for the way he treated me and his Dad. Not a perfect road all the time now, but much better than it was. Keep you chin up and know that YOU are fine.. And your Mom has to be so proud to have a daughter that cares so much.. We're all here for support anytime.

This group is getting so big that I won't even try to do personals to everyone (GOOD JOB GAYLE!) Just know that I think of you and will try to acknowledge more.

Take care everyone and have a good night
Old 01-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning goldies,
Today my baby boy turns 21! We will postpone gift cake supper until he's done with his turnaround. He leaves early and gets home late.
The water is starting to sit still and stay at this level. It's still high but off the road at least. River is rising and swamp is filling up. Scary situation. We have rain chances just about every day next week. Temps have warmed up in the 70s. Are we in January in the middle of winter? Lol.
Day before yesterday I ate everything that was in site. Did I feel bad? Yes but not enough to quit. I had reflux so bad. I've never had that since I started dieting in February. It's due to overeating. Yesterday I had a good day with my eating. I refuse to give up. My jeans are tight. I did dry them when I usually hang them but that's an excuse. Where has my willpower gone?

Dee~ my heart hurts for you. Hang in there. One day he will be a parent and he will understand.

Work calls. Be back later

Hugs
Cajun
Old 01-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #243  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning...
Dee...sorry for your problem child, but like Rosey and KarenMo said....it'll get better and I think we've all gone thru it with one child or another. We had to boot our daughter out of the house, actually found an apartment for her. We moved her out and paid the first months rent. She went out kicking and screaming, TOUGH LOVE. Yes, someday you're son will come back and apologize. Ours did and now she's the best Christian mom ever.

Cajun...I'm thinking global warming must have a hand in your over abundant rainfall in the South and country wells going dry in the North. Thankfully we have a very deep well and it's not affecting us. But I worry about all our fruit trees and bushes.

Anyone ever have hard boiled eggs that don't peel. I know eggs are easy to peel if they're old. I've used the recipe below for years, especially when we had our sweet laying hens. Well, maybe I didn't put that much salt in but always the vinegar. You don't taste the vinegar at all, try it!

Quote:
Ken's Perfect Hard Boiled Egg (And I Mean Perfect)

Rated: Submitted By: Ken
Photo By: My4boys

Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 40 Minutes
Servings: 8
"The use of a little salt and vinegar makes these hard boiled eggs easy to peel with no tearing or sticking."
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
6 cups water
8 eggs
Directions:
1. Combine the salt, vinegar, and water in a large pot, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the eggs one at a time, being careful not to crack them. Reduce the heat to a gentle boil, and cook for 14 minutes. 2. Once the eggs have cooked, remove them from the hot water, and place into a container of ice water or cold, running water. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Store in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning....Doctor said to reduce meds to once aday...this is day one.....tick tick tick....is that my heart or the clock?....later....k3

Last edited by Karen3; 01-24-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default !!!!!!!! : )

Running to the hospital for labs, don't have time to post much
But

LOOK AT MY TICKER!!!
I'm down another 2 pounds WHOOOOHOOOO!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #246  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi - I have heard so many stories about peeling eggs. It's hard to know which ones to believe. I never tried the salt and vinegar so that will be next. In the past, I have found that older eggs peel better than fresher ones, but that theory goes out the window since you say you used to have chickens and therefore, very fresh eggs. I know the cold water is important, too. I cook my eggs 10 minutes after the water starts to boil.

Deelee - I am so sorry for what you are going through. I wish I could be there to give you a hug and help in whatever way I could. You are such a good daughter and your DM is lucky to have you to care for her. Young people have a tendancy to be very self centered, thinking only of their own problems. I'm hoping he sees where he went wrong and apologizes to you. You don't deserve to be treated that way.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-24-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #247  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Dee - good thoughts, good thoughts, good thoughts!!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #248  
Bobbi

This method did work on my fresh eggs, they peeled easily. Guess I worded it wrong in my earlier post?

Quote:
but that theory goes out the window since you say you used to have chickens and therefore, very fresh eggs.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi Golden Girls -

Donna, Carol Sue, Bobbi, Cajun, Karen 31, Mary Gee, Rosey, and everyone -
Thank you so much. It is comforting to hear how many of you have gone through problems like this with your children. And that eventually things work out. Waiting for someone to some to their senses is not my strong suit. If it weren’t for my mother, I would leave town. Go visit DH’s cousin in Tucson or something. Maybe we can do that for a few days. My brother will be around and the chemo is cumulative. This first round shouldn’t be as bad. We’ll see how it goes. Her first chemo is tomorrow. She has to be there for 6 hours. I think I’ll pull out jmy crocheting - see if I can remember how to do it. I made one afgan. I hope it will come back to me. I can do that while I’m sitting with my mother.

Gayle - so sorry your daughter lost the baby. Very sad.

Karen Fla - I enjoyed Downton Abbey so much. I’m on first season of upstairs downstairs. Not as good yet. What were the other British series you liked? I know Doc Martin was one. I’m going to lose my self in tv shows when I can.

Thank you all for sharing with me how the kids go and then come back. It is very helpful.
Hope you all have a good day.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

hey....rushing by....BBC series I loved beside Doc Martin were Monarch of the Glen, Rosemary and Thyme, William and Mary, Pie in the Sky,Ballykissangel and Mullberry. After Doc Baalykiss, Mullberry and Monarch were my most favorites. I have a dozen more and a lot of Martin Clunes movies and shows.

LoveJoy
Land girls
Indian Doctor
Clatterford
Mapp&lucia
Pulliers
The Grand
Flamards

Think I got addicted.....k3
Old 01-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #251  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hey, CarolSue - isn't today your birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #252  
Bobbi

Good job Donna, it is Carol Sue's birthday, I just looked.

Happy Birthday Carol Sue.

Gayle...sorry about your grandbaby, I must have missed reading it before.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Happy Birthday Carol Sue!
Thanks Karen 3 for the list. I wrote them down. I remember Monarch of the Glenn. I used to watch in on BBC America and then it became Gordon Ramsey all over. And I liked Lovejoy too. I also liked that one cop show with the woman
Super Inspector. She reminded me of Helen Mirren.

Well, we decided we are going to go to Tucson for a few days. Leaving Saturday. I'm looking forward to it. I just need the change of pace.

Hugs to you all!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #254  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Happy Birthday Carol Sue ~ hope you've enjoyed your day.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #255  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Rie ~ tomorrow is your day ~ just wanted to wish you a happy birthday now ~ in case I don't get to get on here, or my old forgetful brain messes it up. Hope you have a wonderful day.
Closed Thread