Losing weight at 50

You're on Page 5 of 34
Go to
  • I'm stuck as well. My scale is clearly not intimidated by me!
  • Bad Bad Bad scale! My cats have taken to sitting on it. I wonder if their fur is accumulating in places that I do not see to add to my weight HHHMMMM

LOL I think my trouble is, is that I am not eating enough. Reading other posts seems to show that you really do need to eat close to a specific amount so that your body is not starving. I need to eat 1620 cal and I am under that every day. Is this true? Thank you for your answers and I hope all have a wonderful Monday!
  • Well Well Well The lb that has been coming and going and deciding to see if it is ready to set off on its own, left last night and took a friend with it. 2 have left the building Yipee Yi Yah!!! Lets hope that they don't get homesick LOLOLOLOLOL
  • Quote: Well Well Well The lb that has been coming and going and deciding to see if it is ready to set off on its own, left last night and took a friend with it. 2 have left the building Yipee Yi Yah!!! Lets hope that they don't get homesick LOLOLOLOLOL
    yay!! great news! And hopefully you can send them some more company to keep them from getting homesick!

I'm doing an extra WI on Thursday (for a challenge I'm doing) and I'm hoping the devil box is nicer to me by then too.
  • Well Now I know were Mine went. My 2 are gone off to stay with the 2 that departed your company ( I am thinking).

Geeee I hope that they are having fun without us. hmmmmm As long as they don't come back to tell us their stories LOLOLOL
  • Good morning all, and thanks for the giggle ladies I hope the 1kg I have lost has joined yours as well, and yes I have heard that if you don't eat enough when trying to lose weight it is just as bad as overeating, the body thinks it is starving so goes into survival mode and hangs onto the fat. I hope everyone is having a lovely day, stay focused, take care, stay safe and be happy x
  • I am a new also. I am 53 and have found the pounds are rather more inclined to stay than go. I need to lose 80 pounds and am ready to start the journey. We can do it!
  • Welcome Hiphipaway! Glad you have joined us. Yes please do tell those lovely pounds that they need to go somewhere else and bug someone who needs them. That is what I say! Just trying to make it fun as it gets so frustrating sometime to lose just that 1 lb. But we are strong enough to wait them out. and to stare down that Devil Box of a scale LOLOLOLOL

I know that you can do it! You have the strength and the want to change your life. Good For You!
  • Oh the ups and downs I was in another decade and have moved back up. ARGH! I was so tempted to have a pizza last night. Gosh.. it is hard when you can remember what it tastes like from memory and it beckons your tummy to be pleased. I talked myself out of it and had a grilled Chicken Breast with 1/4 cup of RAO's Marinara and Moz cheese. It was good and satisfied the Saucy and cheesy part of the craving... tho pepperoni its still calling LOL It is amazing what we have to do to change our mindset from what our little voice wants and override it. All the process of learning.

I hope that everyone is having a GREAT day and have conquered that "little Voice" within too.

• Hey girls got any room for 1 more in here

I did Not eat allll the chocolates my guy gave me. I shared them.... I did Not order dessert or a Margarita when eating out. I ate 1 serving & brought the remaining home & ate it the next day. I made Valentine's Day weekend a success instead of indulging/binging on food

wannaskipandlaugh & April snow & hiphipaway & A NEW BEGINNING we R succeeding & winning when we plan just 1 meal @ a time daily
  • miniDoodles.... I love your posting. I LOVE positive people

Yep... always have to remind ourselves... 1 day (meal) at a time

Please stay and be happy with us!
  • Welcome aboard, miniDoodles and hiphipaway!
  • G'day everyone and welcome hiphipaway and mininoodles, jump in the more the merrier, it is good to see people with such great attitudes and all on the same journey, and it seems like we are all doing well, I have had a good couple of days, I find when I get my head stuck into studying I forget about food and eating so that is a good thing.
    Wishing everyone a great day, stay focused and take care and stay safe all
  • welcome hiphipaway and minidoodles!! I love the positive energy, I need it right now.

I got so frustrated by my stall that I deliberately went a little off plan this weekend - had carbs that I've been avoiding since my restart. The hope is that this will re-set things and I'll get back to my losing ways. Back on track today, and really really hoping this works and I'll see a nice loss on my Sunday WI!
  • Quote: Well Well Well The lb that has been coming and going and deciding to see if it is ready to set off on its own, left last night and took a friend with it. 2 have left the building Yipee Yi Yah!!! Lets hope that they don't get homesick LOLOLOLOLOL
    I love your humor! LOL Just hope they aren't heading my way!