Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Anyone Ever Hear Of?

Anyone ever hear of injections called Lipo/B12?

I've been reading about it, thinking it might be what I need to jump-start my weight loss. This losing a pound a week is getting OLD.

Just want to know your experience with it or any information you might have.

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #107  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Rie, I had to laugh at your note to Bobbi about renters and your experiences with them. I thought you’d mentioned you’re a renter. Or am I totally blonde at the moment? Anyway, I thought it was funny. I remember being a wonderful renter (always got my deposits back) and I bet you are too. And yeah, you’ve mentioned Pixie before. She sounds like a perfect pup. Perhaps all pups named Pixie are very special. My Kai Pixie Bear is my special silly girl. She will be the reason that when Blizzard passes I won’t crumble in sadness. Blizzard is my souldog but Kai Pixie also has me wrapped around her little paw. Oh heck, Sasha is in there too. Now Kodiak, I love him to pieces but he’s such a jacka$$ it is hard to be wrapped around a paw.

KarenMO, hope you feel much better today than you did yesterday. BTW, if my Playstation yelled at me, it would be drop kicked into the pool. It’s bad enough the scale gives such lousy numbers.

Mary, a bag of frozen peas or frozen cold pack will help a headache? Good to know.

Ginger, how awesome that you would give flowers to people in a vase just to brighten their day!

Cajun, you are just eradicating those pounds left and right. Congratulations!

Isabella, have a wonderful trip!

Work irritated me today. I guess only one day of non-irritation was all my vacation gave me. But… my superintendent backed my on the first irritant. The second one is with the Dept of Ed and I was promised a response tomorrow. So I didn’t eradicate any pounds like Cajun but eradicated on work irritant. Heck, that’s almost better than pounds.

Miss Blizzard had her 2 week recheck on her broken ankle yesterday. She did not like that. It’s still nasty swollen (that surprised me but the vet said it was way less than when we were out of town). Instead of a purple cast, she now has a pretty turquoise green one. BTW, she hates the green one just as much as the purple one.
Marie
Old 08-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #108  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Change, you may think 1 pound a week is not losing fast enough but I think that's really great.

Cajun
, I know I can do this as I've done it before and gained most of it back!!! ...sigh... We don't do much running around once school starts but the summer we visit the kids quite a bit.

We're at DS#2's place and DH is busy looking for some work to do. I, on the other hand, am happy to sit like a slug on the couch and just do nothing, lol. Although I rather do that at home. hahaha.

Must go and stare into space again. Have a lovely night.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #109  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG’s,

Day off almost over. It was a pretty good day. Days off don’t always turn out like I think they are gonna ~ life is never dull.

Back to work tomorrow.

Sorry to not be able to get to the personals tonight. Kind of wiped out from thinking. Had to do a bunch of education stuff on the computer today for work. Glad that is done with. It was in preparation for a skills fair coming up at work. They dream up such fun stuff for us

Hope you all are doing well.

Take care
Old 08-07-2012, 11:18 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi Goldens!

Well, it has been a long day. I am choosing between discomfort and the insomnia caused by the pain meds. I must be the only person who can't sleep on the meds . I might have hit on something today that is making me feel a little better tonight - my mom suggested that I try desitin (for babies). For now, it seems to make me a little more comfortable. Oh. My. Goodness! I am only 52 and surely this is the first step toward the dreaded depends!

I am having a really busy week but I am looking forward to the weekend. Oldest ds, little Shawn and I are heading out to go camping this weekend. Just us. It will be a good trip. The little guy is really excited.

Marie, Yup, I am a renter. But, I am a good renter. LOL Yes, we love our dogs. When I am older and I stay home more, I am going to get a little, non-shedding dog. I miss the presence of dogs in my life but I am just not home enough. Take care of your pack. And thanks for the messages tonight.

Gayle, it was nice chatting with you tonight. Sara will make it through. What is a skills fair?

Isabella, stare into space for a while for me, OK? I like how you are so comfortable at your kids' homes.

Change, one pound a week is a really good loss. Most of us don't average that much over time. I know various people who have done different weight loss shots. I hope you don't do it.

Mary, I like how you spent your day...

Karenmo, don't you have to change disks to log your other workouts into the wii? Of course, I don't use it for a scale because I only have carpeting and it is sooooo off.

Ginger, I love the idea of you spreading flowers around to people!

Andi, glad that your ds is getting better. Nice to see you again.

Donna how were the salt mines today? LOL

Cajun, it is terrible how people prey on the elderly. Before Grandma passed, she lost some money to a scam. We helped her set up an account for usual expenses and my cousin made sure that there was never very much money in it. So sad.

Freda, I would love to open the windows but it is around 100 here and I have been using the air conditioning. I love the open air in the mountains, though, part of the benefits of being up there. I actually cuddle under a blanket while I sleep - my favorite thing.

Marty, sorry for your loss. This is the best group on 3FC and I am glad that you have joined us.

CarolSue, I think each part of the country has weather challenges. Here we have bitter cold and some snow but I love my Montana

Karenfl, how is your knee? Worried about you.

Well, I know that I am missing lots of you. Sorry. I just want to go read for a while tonight before I turn in. Have a nice evening. Pool league tomorrow, work and a dr appointment so I probably won't make it in here tomorrow. later lovelies!

Rie

Old 08-08-2012, 12:20 AM   #111  

Height: 5'3"

From 100 Days of Weight Loss by Linda Spangle
Food...Important or Not?

During the course of a day, how much do you think about food? What if you could eliminate food as the center of your life? You can...by choosing specific times to let food be important..and then other times, treating it as uninportant.

Food doesn't always have to be fun or exciting. Lots of times, food will be quite mundane, but since it's providing fuel, you have ot eat it anyway. Instead of fretting about boring food, just label it as unimportant.

When it comes to eating, a surprise birthday party or even an exotic new restaurant can suddenly change your view of food. During these times, you can make a decision to let food be important. At those times give it your full attention and allow yourself to enjoy it. Appreciate the taste, enjoy the fun of the eating experience and ask for the recipe. Designating food as important doesn't give you the permission to overeat. Instead it allows you to openly appreciate and enjoy good food. When you've labeled it as important you don't have to punish yourself by saying things like "I shouldn't be eating this!" Simply relax and enjoy it.

Be selective with when you call food important. Don't assume you have to give food special status just because of the event. When you spend time with others you can still choose to let food be unimportant and instead focus on giving love and attention to the people around you. Simply choose when to make it important and when to let it be routine.

From If I'm So Smart Why Can't I Lose Weight by Brooke Castillo (partly paraphrased)
Future Tool#9
Have your future self be your mentor

Start visualizing your future self. She's already at the top of the mountain, she's at her natural weight, she is more accomplished than you are now. She is you, just further along the path, without the fat, without the struggle, with a sense of peace and fulfillment and accomplishment. She is who you already are without the negative belief systems that hold you back.

As yourself what your future self would do in certain situations. Imagine her free of the negative believe systems you currently have. She has the confidence of completion that you can borrow when you feel anything but confident. She is at the top, with a clear view, telling you what to be careful of and what you need ot steer clear of. She shows you that achievement is possible. By believing in her, you believe in yourself. What would your future self tell you (the past self)? That she is proud of you for surviving? Would she remind you to keep working hard and to trust yourself and follow your intuition. Would she tell you that the view is beautiful and worth every step and obstacle along the way?

See yourself at the bottom, at the top and in between. See yourself at your current wight and your ideal weight. Visualize the journey. Visualize the entire process of losing the weight. Anticipate the times when you will struggle and plan for them. Think about the times when your weight will plateau and have a plan for how to handle the inevitable struggle you will have and recognize having the desire to give up This way you won't be so caught off guard and willing to throw in the towel if it happens.

You will be challenged. You may get sick or injured. Your dh may leave you or a friend might die. How will you remain connected to yourself? How will you stay committed to your dreams? You will do it by knowing in the deepest sense who you are and that no matter what happens you can and will have what it is you truly desire. Your strength will be tested and increased. This is when you can set an example and become more of who you really are.

Don't expect it to be easy. Expect it to be hard and know you can handle it.

Last edited by maryea; 08-08-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 179/172/150

Height: 5'4"

Maryea ~ your post is what I really needed today. I've tried "being my own best friend," but "future self friend"--so much wiser and centered--may be a better idea. I'll let you know how it works!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #113  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Bobbi made it to Denver on the walk to Colorado Springs thread ~ way to go Bobbi ~ give Donna a for me when you visit.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #114  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good morning Donna, didn't we have a blast last night! Thanks for showing me around Denver, what a beautiful city and view of the mountains. Gynne...you'll get the full treatment from Donna too.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 08-08-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I have a question to throw out to all of you. Breakfast. Yes or No? I have heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it gets your motabolism going, etc blah blah blah. But I also hear, don't eat if you aren't hungry, and I am rarely hungry when I get up. If I eat, it's because I know it's time for breakfast, not from actual hunger. After I eat breakfast, my appetite wakes up and I want to overeat all day. I have tried keeping it to a minimum, like having egg whites cooked up with some chopped veggies, but it still jump starts my appetite. I think I would eat much less if I waiting a while and ate a combined breakfast/lunch around 11 AM and then my next meal would be dinner and I would be done for the day. Should I just do what works best for me and forget about what the "experts" say?

Headaches. I rarely get headaches and I really feel for people who do. I wonder why some people get them and others don't. I am like Gayle and don't like to take pain meds. It's tempting to take them because when I do, all my joint pain goes away and I feel so wonderful, but I too fear stomach problems from taking too many.

Donna2 - I would recommend NOT getting the shots. If you are losing 1# per week you are doing good. Slow weight loss might be discouraging, but it tends to stay gone. It means you have changed your lifestyle enough to promote weight loss. Weight lost by getting the shots might come back on as soon as you quit getting the shots. I think you're doing great! Your pictures tell all!

Bobbi - What? Our "no exercise" Bobbi walked to Denver???? Good for you! Beautiful skyline with the mountains in the back!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

hi all just too achy to sit and type at you all....going try and get in Dr's office today....k3
Old 08-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello goldies,
Last night I played pokeno and my friends noticed my weight loss. I guess I had been wearing clothes that fit baggy on me so you could not tell. Some of them said they noticed something different but last night they were all in shock. It made me feel very proud. Usually I would celebrate with food but I dont do that anymore. Today it makes me want to keep going.
I don't know if all of you remember a small goal I had back in February when I started. My dad died february8 and February 14 I started this weight loss journey. My mom gave me a camouflage outfit that was for my dad to give to my dh. Well I kept it for myself and have worked so very hard to get into that outfit for hunting season as I hunt with my husband and sons. I hoped to be able to wear it by november when deer season opens. I can say that I did get into the shirt. It is very comfortable. The pants I got on and I zipped them!!!!!!!!!!! Before I could not get over my knees. They are tight but I'm so happy that my goal will come true. I still have 3 full months for them to loosen up so they are comfortable. You can't imagine how happy I am to get in this outfit. I often wonder what he would say. I know this might not be of interest to you but just thought I'd share. I never thought this lil goal would make me feel so emotional and proud.

Carol Sue~ I was always told that by skipping meals your body tends to hang on to the meals that you do take in. It thinks you are going to starve it. So anything you eat it holds on to. Might make weight loss slow down some.

Bobbi~ congrats!! I'm not sure what this is about but it surely has to be something good!!!!

Karenfl hope you feel better soon. I'm with you. I don't like to take medicine. I rarely take tylonal or motrin. Its gotta be bad for me to give in.

Rie~ have fun on your camping trip.

Gayle~ them days off sure go by fast don't they.

Isabella~ I would love to be staring into space on a cool autumn day at the camp. Lol oh well a girl can dream can't she!!!!

Donna(change)~ I think a pound a week is better than a lb gained. Every pound you are closer to goal. Try stepping up your exercise. I did and that's helped a lot.

Hello to all
Hugs
Cajun
Old 08-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

to you Karen. Feel better soon
Old 08-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Cajun-- that is awesome news on the camoflauge outfit! Great job of getting to your goal! And don't ever think that something that i important to you may not seem so to us.. We all enjoy sharing everything about our lives and it doesn't always have to do with weightloss. So many feelings need to be shared and this is a great group to share with. I hope you feel comfortable sharing anything you want to talk about.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #120  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Isabella - you've created MONSTERS, LOL! I'm loving these highly decorated posts!!

Bobbi - so how do I see what we did when you visited me in Denver? Did I have fun, too??

Cajun - you're doing so well! Congrats!

Rie - poor baby!

KarenFL - you, too...

Enough nonsense..... got to do something today, something! Maybe I'll get my hairs trimmed...

Everyone, have a lovely day!!

Last edited by jess1; 08-08-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Closed Thread