Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #121  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Taking a break from altering my scrubs. Eating supper and visiting here.

You'll have to forgive me ~ I probably won't get to the personals tonight. Not enough hours in a day So many things I need/want to do and not enough time ~ something always gets left out.

DH is sort of pressuring and making me feel a little bit guilty for saying that I can't make it to the Y as often as he thinks I should. Grrrrr ~ I told him that if I had every day off like he did, it wouldn't be a problem, but I have so much to do and as much as I would like to go every day, I just don't think I can pull it off. The goof ball said that his brother goes every day before/on his way to work. Well, for me that is too much work. I would have to take along my hair dryer, curling iron etc etc and my work clothes. Plus getting ready not in my usual setting would take more time. His brother probably needs a comb and a toothbrush (sorry ~ I'm exaggerating) but you get the idea.

I guess I felt guilty then today and so went with he and Maddie. Thing is when you go with him, there are usually other errands to be done while we are out. With the high price of gas ~ I know this is a good idea, but again the time element. When you go with him, you can pretty much kiss a good part of the day good bye.

Oh well, I did enjoy getting in the pool ~ I pretended like I was pedaling a bicycle to try and help my knees and walked in the water too.

My ~ so many GG's with hidden talents ~ hunting and such. As a kid ~ grandpa was a hunter /fisher. He taught us how to filet fish. Yum ~ fried fish. But I don't think I could or want to do that now-a-days.

Freda ~ if there was a "like" button on here like on Facebook ~ I would click on like to your comment "I believe a woman can do anything, and usually better than a man".

Well, I'd better get back to work on those scrubs. Hope you all have a nice evening.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 11-07-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #122  

You guys rock, it surprises me how many of you have hunt or use a gun. Most of the time I hear, oh how could you.

Karen, I love your comments.
Bobbi, my DH use to hunt, but not anymore. He can't sit still long enough, use to always come and visit me at my stand. I like to hunt because I love the outdoors, and if I get a deer fine, if not oh well. We have so many in our area, that I would rather shot one with a gun then have a car hit it and maybe cause people getting hurt. Everyone looks at it differently. I also enjoy just watching them. And yep, sometimes I find myself just doing that and not even raising the gun. Opps.

Thanks ladies for the conversations.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #123  

Hello everyone,

Karen31 was so very kind to invite me here to join this lovely group, although I'm sneaking in as I don't turn 50 until the 30th of November. I have read all the posts and look forward to getting to know you all. I almost feel like I do already! I love the way you "speak" to one another here as if it were a giant kitchen table where you're all sitting and chatting over a cup of coffee.

It may take me a while to comment of the so many things I want to comment on after reading here, but I know you're a patient gang and will give me time to feel my way in.

As for myself, I'm relaxing with my pup after just getting home from driving my son's girlfriend to the airport. They're 19 and have a long-distance romance, the young lady having moved from NY to Florida. Hubby is watching sports on tv, oldest son is getting ready to play league basketball. In a few minutes, I'm going to get into my brand-new running shoes and do a nice long walk with my pup. Well, "long walk" is relative, as all I may feel like doing is twice around the block, but I'm planning to do more day by day.

Oh, one more thing. I started my graph today, the graph I'll use to record my daily weight-loss results, and it feels GREAT to see it, even though it only has one number on it so far. I HAVE BEGUN!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Susanna, Glad to see you made it! And I'm sure everyone will be happy to get to know you and Welcome you here with us. And yeah, you got it--- it is just about like a BIG KITCHEN wilh a HUGE table with all of us sitting around it and loving it!!

I don't hunt --my Dad and Uncles used to and I like deer meat but I could never hunt them! Only with a camera!!

It looks like there are more tornados in the OK area tonight-- not a good thing. We have had 7/10" of rain today and it is supposed to continue tomorrow with more wind and hail.. But so far we don't have any tornado watches for here. The earthquake Saturday night was bad enough!!! And it was just more of a rumble here-- but down in OK. guess there is quite a bit of damage to buildings from it.

Gayle, you take it easy and go at your speed or you won't like it and then won't continue. If you want to make it a regular stop for you maybe it would be better to plan on stopping for 1/2 hour or so on your way home from work. But do it for you!!

OK, I am going to go and watch Dancing with the Stars right now and will try to get back to everyone later...
Still haven't heard anymore on Tim's nephew. Just talked to his sister and she will try to get some info for us. She didn't know about it so I guess except for facebook they haven't been in touch with anyone else. She will try to call her brother there and hopefully have more info for us. I'll update when I hear more. Thanks for all the prayers.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #125  

Christmas 2011---Birth Of A New Tradition

----- As the holidays approach, the giant Asian factories are kicking into
high gear to provide Americans with monstrous piles of cheaply
produced goods --
merchandise that has been produced at the expense of American labor.

This year will be different. This year Americans will give the gift of
genuine concern for other Americans. There is no longer an excuse
that, at gift
giving time, nothing can be found that is produced by American hands.

Yes there is!

It's time to think outside the box, people. Who says a gift needs to
fit in a shirt box, wrapped in Chinese produced wrapping paper?
Everyone -- yes EVERYONE gets their hair cut. How about gift
certificates from your local American hair salon or barber?

Gym membership? It's appropriate for all ages who are thinking about
some health improvement.

Who wouldn't appreciate getting their car detailed? Small, American
owned detail shops and car washes would love to sell you a gift
certificate or a
book of gift certificates.

Are you one of those extravagant givers who think nothing of plunking
down the Benjamins on a Chinese made flat-screen? Perhaps that
grateful gift
receiver would like his driveway sealed, or lawn mowed for the summer,
or driveway plowed all winter, or games at the local golf course.

There are a bazillion owner-run restaurants -- all offering gift
certificates. And, if your intended isn't the fancy eatery sort, what
about a half dozen breakfasts at the local breakfast joint. Remember,
folks this isn't about big National chains -- this is about supporting
your home town
Americans with their financial lives on the line to keep their doors open.

How many people couldn't use an oil change for their car, truck or
motorcycle, done at a shop run by the American working guy?

Thinking about a heartfelt gift for mom? Mom would LOVE the services
of a local cleaning lady for a day.

My computer could use a tune-up, and I KNOW I can find some young guy
who is struggling to get his repair business up and running.

OK, you were looking for something more personal. Local crafts people
spin their own wool and knit them into scarves. They make jewelry, and
pottery and beautiful wooden boxes.

Plan your holiday outings at local, owner operated restaurants and
leave your server a nice tip. And, how about going out to see a play
or ballet at
your hometown theatre.

Musicians need love too, so find a venue showcasing local bands.

Honestly, people, do you REALLY need to buy another ten thousand
Chinese lights for the house? When you buy a five dollar string of
light, about
fifty cents stays in the community. If you have those kinds of bucks
to burn, leave the mailman, trash guy or babysitter a nice BIG tip.

You see, Christmas is no longer about draining American pockets so
that China can build another glittering city. Christmas is now about
caring about
US, encouraging American small businesses to keep plugging away to
follow their dreams. And, when we care about other Americans, we care
about our communities, and the benefits come back to us in ways we
couldn't imagine.
THIS is the new American Christmas tradition.

Forward this to everyone on your mailing list -- post it to discussion
groups -- throw up a post on Craigslist in the Rants and Raves section
in
your city -- send it to the editor of your local paper and radio
stations, and TV news departments.

This is a revolution of caring about each other, and isn't that what
Christmas is about?
Old 11-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #126  

Just got this update about Brian "Brian is improving and is more alert! Still a ways to go but its looking good! Thank you for your prayers!"

Just wanted to let you know.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Need Prayers

Went in for an ultra sound today due to some pain in my lower right abdomen. I was told that it would be 3 - 4 days before I would get results. But, this afternoon I got a call from my doctor who wants me to have an MRI ASAP. I have a large complex cyst on my ovary.

Many issues going on, and I am afraid. I recently had a heart cath and stent. I'm on Plavix, which complicates things even more.

Please keep me in your prayers.

Donna
Old 11-07-2011, 10:00 PM   #128  

Donna Marie, you are in my thoughts and prayers! There is a thread on here called Prayer Warriors that you can go to here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fait...faiths-32.html I find I get lots of comfort there as well as being able to send prayers for others.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #129  

Donna, I'm a praying woman and I'm praying for you, my dear. And also for Brian, who I don't know, but I see he is in need of prayer. May God touch Brian and Donna with His healing spirit.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:57 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change4Life View Post
Went in for an ultra sound today due to some pain in my lower right abdomen. I was told that it would be 3 - 4 days before I would get results. But, this afternoon I got a call from my doctor who wants me to have an MRI ASAP. I have a large complex cyst on my ovary.

Many issues going on, and I am afraid. I recently had a heart cath and stent. I'm on Plavix, which complicates things even more.

Please keep me in your prayers.

Donna
Donna - You are definately in my prayers. I am on Plavix due to a stent I had last year. When I had my colostomy surgery it was a life or death emergency. They had to do the surgery, regarless of the bleeding. I did lose a liter of blood but they didn't have to transfuse. I am waiting to have the colostomy reversed because I am due to quit the Plavix this month. Now my cardiologist scheduled me for another stress test this morning. I am so afraid they are going to find something and have to do another stent, which means staying on the Plavix for another year, and no colostomy reversal.

I can't imagine how they are going to deal with this ovarian cyst while you are on Plavix, and you really need the Plavix. I hope they work something out. Keep us posted!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Donna, I am praying for you and hope that everything works out all right with your MRI.

Carol Sue, I'm also praying that your stress test this morning comes out fine.

This reminds me never to take my good health for granted.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #132  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Prayers for Donna Marie, Brian and Carol Sue.

Welcome Susanna ~ I liked your description of the Golden Girls: "I love the way you "speak" to one another here as if it were a giant kitchen table where you're all sitting and chatting over a cup of coffee". It is a very nice group. Glad you've joined us.

Off to work here in a bit. Three days, then off Friday. Yippee!!

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #133  

Susanna welcome.

Everyone is so busy already this morning. Good thoughts going out to Donna and Ruth.

I am just sitting here waiting to leave for my surgery, I already have a headache and I have 3 hours to wait yet. I am going to be so hungry when I get home later. Will be glad when this is over.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #134  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Welcome Susanna to our kitchen table, it does feel like that. When I get serious about my diet, I always make a weight graph and post on my refrigerator. It works great for me, glad you get motivated by it too.
Quote:
Oh, one more thing. I started my graph today, the graph I'll use to record my daily weight-loss results, and it feels GREAT to see it, even though it only has one number on it so far. I HAVE BEGUN!
I only have time to post my Monday's menu...later friends!

Quote:
Monday’s Keep me Accountable menu 1,003 calories + 48 grams fiber

Breakfast - Fiber One, raspberry yogurt , dried cranberries, Flax, Chia
Lunch- Squash Soup
Snack - Peanut Butter dip with celery, carrots and radishes
Supper- Venison Tenderloins, 2 slices low calorie toast, large lettuce salad with apple/FF Italian dressing
Snack - ½ serving sunflower seeds

Late nite Snack - dry Fiber One toasted with cinnamon and sugar substitute.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #135  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Chick
Quote:
I am just sitting here waiting to leave for my surgery, I already have a headache and I have 3 hours to wait yet.
Closed Thread