Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #481  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I have 3 minute to post...
Donna... I thought you were talking about the 5 little green nature stuff, not the Sasha B bears. Those pieces are very unusual green bears I purchased many years ago, signed on the bottom by Sasha B (Brastoff) and I adore them. I've looked often, especially on Ebay to see the value of them but can never find them.
Rosey...loved your candle bottles, did you crochet the dollies too? How did you get them to fit so well, maybe laced the raffia thru the holes in the dollies? Nice when lite.
When I worked at the gift/collectibles shop, I did silk flower arrangements as part of my job so it comes easy.
Gotta go....

Last edited by Bobbolink; 11-29-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #482  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone!

I am off to work so I will check in here later. Have a great day!

Rie
Old 11-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #483  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Bobbi, you have a way with making things look just the way they should.. If I did that it would look like I had just stuck it in there

Gale, Love those candle lights.. You too are so very talented. I guess I'm not very creative-- wish I was.

Well, now with having so much to do-- I decide to get a sore throat! I hope it passes very quick and doesn't go into anything else! I was up several times in the night and gargled warm salt water and put Vicks on the bottom of my feet and around my throat--- smell so good this morning!! Hope it works!! Tomorrow I go for my mammogram. Be glad when that is done too!

Red--don't give up--just keep pushing through. We all have to do it!

I hope everyone has a great day and I will be back later.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:36 AM   #484  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Yesterday I shopped til I actually dropped. Slept about 10 hours last night and was still tired when I got up. I haven't had time to really look and read all the post before but Bobbi that arrangement is beautiful. Karen3, I will be positive--I'll be a Pollyanna. . Rosey the luminaries are beautiful. Did you crochet the doilies? I've got to run. I'm volunteering at the local food bank and goodwill center this week. Got to be there in 20 minutes. Will come back this evening. xoxox
Old 11-29-2011, 12:51 PM   #485  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, All.... I'm wasting my employer's time!

Rosey - your hummus recipe sounds good. How do you serve it? I've always had it on crackers, which probably defeats the purpose! Your luminaries are so pretty... very talented lady! BTW, did I congratulate you on your very (VERY) successful visit with the doc?

Bobbi - your arrangement is lovely! And I really like the animal figurines, especially since I know what they are now!

Nothing to report. My throat is scratchy and my head is filling with caca... I'm fighting this! I don't do sick... so when I do get sick, most people wouldn't even notice; however, I think I'm going to DIE. It's pathetic.

Good day, lovelies! BTW, we just need 12 or 13 more entries today to get to the magical 500 number! We're such a gabby group!
Old 11-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #486  

Donna, sorry that you are sick too. I hate being sick! Just talked to my Aunt and she said when she got this right before her cruise she talked to the Dr. and she had her get Tylenol Cold and Mucinex D. She took that and was feeling great for her cruise--- so I'm sending Tim to the store!! I plan on gorking most of the day today and hopefullu feel better for my mammogram...Did I sai I HATE being sick!!!
Old 11-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #487  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Sorry you're not old enough to be Aunty Bea. You'll have to stay Donna.

Rie, so your BFF cried for only 100 miles. How about you? Then we can measure progress. BTW, you and Lynn use the Pres Fitness Challenge for motivation - I use electronic toys. I love toys.

KarenFL, I am enjoying this new holiday. I stepped on the scale after an 8 months hiatus and it wasn't pretty. BUT... it wasn't nearly what I was guessing. So I'm a happy little camper who is so back on plan.

Bobbi, I love your center piece with the odd shapped blacking things. Ok, I like the flowers the most. How awesome to light them up.

OMG Rosey, I love your luminaries. They are so pretty. Where did you get electric candles. I must try to copy.

Mary, research company? Is that surveys? I do surveys occasionally to keep adding airline miles into my account. I don't have a user or lose unless I don't have activity in my miles account. So I do surveys occasionally. I'd way rather amazon gift cards. I just adore amazon.

Red, good thing you chose not to give up. Because if you did, I can guarantee you that in 6 months you'd have even more to lose. Always fight the food demon and then the war isn't as nasty.

KarenMO, did you get the contract on the house? Last I saw was that you expected it on Friday. Of course I could have missed the posting that you have it and are happy with it.

Both Donna and KarenMO, get rid of the virus. You must feel better in our new Pollyanna holiday (thanks Isabella for the label and KarenFL for the holiday).

I've had a productive morning. I finally called my secondary medical insurance. My employee insurance I called 2 weeks ago because a co-worker mentioned that once you have to have mammograms every 6 months per dr order, the mammos aren't covered under preventative and is subject to deductible. And yes she was right, my primary will pay something after the $1000 deductible. I really didn't want to call the secondary because I would have cancelled the appt if I had to because I don't have $1000. Anyway, the rep said that at worst, it would be a 50-75 buck copay and best that they'd cover the mammo under their preventative since there wasn't a claim filed last May on the last one. So that is good news. My DSister was diagnosed last April with breast cancer (cancer free now) and my paternal grandmother died of ovarian cancer (just learned that last March as it was a taboo female subject). So my options for the ovarian prevention is to have the timebombs out and artificially start menapause which then raises my risk for BC. So my dr offered all my choices and I chose to keep the timebombs and have 6 months exams so she can check changes (yuck). And the radiologist is the one that said 6 months mammos after the last one so my dr said that fit in well with the plan. Phooey, I don't like either 6 month session but the C scares me. Until last March I though the only C in my family was my paternal GM that died of liver cancer. BTW, apparently that was a secondary C. I figured it was alcoholism and didn't worry me as I hardly ever let alcohol pass my lips - too many calories. Now I have a substantial C family history so I will do what the drs recommend. My appts are on Dec 13th, early in the day. Then DH will shop till we drop or not.

Anyhow, I faced the insurance fear and the scale fear. I now will enjoy my happy day.
Marie
Old 11-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #488  

Yes, we accepted the offer on our house and made an offer on one that we like-- now I guess we have to sit back and wait and see what their bank says about the financing they will need to do to buy ours---- and we have to wait until ours is sold so we can buy the other... Right now both closings are set up for January 13. And yep---that is Friday the 13th.

So glad that I have a laptop-- I'm bundled up in an afghan sitting on the couch. I did get the kitchen cleaned up from last night-- hate it when I do that--- and now the dishwasher is running. YAY! Clean dishes tonight----I'll probably have cicken with rice soup or boullion... Tim will have to fix whatever he wants.. Just not in the mood for fixing a meal! In fact, I don't plan to get off this couch much today!
Old 11-29-2011, 03:59 PM   #489  

Morning evryone.. well its morning to me im gorking today. the luminaries are fun and easy, qt mason jar,purchased 12" rd doilie,spray adhesive,batterries candel lites(wallmart xmas section or e-bay) and whatever decorations u want. spray jar with adhesive and fold and pull doilie over jar till its covered,decorate, and put in lite wahlah! a friend of my is making them for her sons wedding and gave me the idea. Jess the hummus i use with vegies and cukecumber slices. i avoid crackers and chips if i can. karen 31 congrats on the new house how exciting whats it like? i dont envy you the move tho. hoping you all have an awsome day (((hugs))) rosey
Old 11-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #490  

Rosey Thanks, But it isn't a done deal yet. The owner of the home we put the offer on hasn't answered us yet. I hope it all works and I get over this cold before it does!!!

Last edited by Karen31; 11-29-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:02 PM   #491  

My brother just called and the people who are buying our house want to do their inspection tomorrow morning at 9:00! Hope I sleep good and can get up and out of here before they show..I guess you are supposed to be gone when they do that. Told Tim we may just go down to our little family diner here and have breakfast in the morning. Sure wish they would have scheduled it for the afternoon since we have to be gone then anyway.. Guess things are moving along--- now I wish we would hear from the guy that has the house we put the offer on. The Hurry Up And Wait Begins!!
Old 11-29-2011, 06:22 PM   #492  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Lovelies!

I have had a busy day today at work. I have been gone for a few days and that always means that things are all piled up. I have had a good, on plan eating day but I didn't work out this morning because I overslept. I have felt achy and out of sorts all day. I think I might go for a walk or work out when I get home.

Karen31, congrats on the house stuff. Fingers crossed that you get the one that you want! Feel better!

Rosey, I love my humus with cucumber slices too. It is such a low calorie, high protein lunch. The luminaries are so cool.

Marie, I cried for a while the night before. I left her at the hotel on Friday night and then left for Wyoming the next morning. She said that it was like leaving me when she drove out of Billings. Gonna have to buy me a cheap ticket to Denver in the early spring. And, I am so proud of you for conquering such big issues today Insurance companies are the pits and I hate dealing with them. And, you got on the scale

Donna, feel better! Tea, lots of tea and chicken soup. I am a baby when I have a cold. The other stuff, I can tolerate, but not a cold.

Bobbi, I swear, I love your decorating talents. I have no idea how to decorate and I totally lack style in my house. I know what I like when I look at it but I have no idea how to create it. I just go with the "family photos everywhere" look.

Red, I am glad that you didn't give up. It seems like the weight never comes off as fast as it gets on.... Drat! Hang in there and don't pay any mind to others' thoughts and deeds. Small minds and all that....

Mary, I was on one of those research things for a while but it seemed like I spent a lot of time for not much reward.... Good luck on the house stuff.

Karenfl, keeping my positive attitude here..... or trying. My intention is to do at least one nice thing for my community each week until Christmas... This weekend is the annual Toys for Tots Pool Tourney that a friend and I have been doing for many years. It is so much fun. We do it at this biker bar and the big tough guys reach deep into their pockets and give us cash. We focus on the women's shelter and the battered women's shelter as our primary recipients. We buy lots of toys and also put together packages with basic grooming supplies for women who have escaped. Fun Fun. I have also collected money this week for some law enforcment buddies who will be doing the "polar bear plunge" in the local lake this weekend. Brrrrr! Thanks for the inspiration.

Isabella, bless you for volunteering at the food bank. Sometimes that makes us feel better than any other activities. And bless you for shopping - I'm sure the merchants would go broke waiting for me to appear. The only shopping that I do is online, or at gunpoint....

Zoe, wazzupp? today. How are you? Closer to retirement every day, aren't you?

Carol, I am in second place for the work football pool.... Pretty fun.

Chickadee, how is your thumb doing???

Well, I am sure that I am missing people.... Sorry. Hopefully we will get lots of posts tonight to get to the magic 500. That would be cool!

BBL

Rie

Old 11-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #493  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile

Well, it's the day after the binge and of course I feel awful. Allergies causing itchy eyes and runny nose and I am bloated with whatever fluids from the junk food and extremely sore from exercise yesterday that I don't normally do. Yeah, it's a great way to start the day!

But I went out for a short walk and feel better now...

So, I'm wondering what all happened that I didn't see the kind of progress that knocked me off track or was it just the stress of life that finally caused me to cave in. I think it was the latter. I think, that, more than anything else is what causes the overeating in the first place. I don't really deep down care that much about mere appearances. How could anyone? Really? Many cultures value being a bit hefty. I don't mean when it starts to cause health problems but before that. I wish I could find a philosophy that makes me do it despite not really valuing it that much. Or, if I had a goal that incorporated being lighter.... I could become a boxer or jockey where I had to make weight...hmmm. I don't know but being in Japan around all these tiny people is discouraging. I like to be different and that's what I am. Maybe I just have to try to be different in other ways. Sigh.

Well, one idea. I have been watching what other people eat and even though they may be thin, they don't look that healthy, that good. I keep thinking it's age and what happens after menopause but then again, perhaps not. They don't eat super healthy stuff. In fact, they eat a lot of processed sugar still, just don't eat much food overall.

So, maybe I could really go kind of crazy on the health food, eat more seaweed and fermented soybean paste (miso) and drink more vegetable juice and eat more brown rice like I used to. That's an idea that appeals to my warped mind....

maryea, How goes it today? You didn't have anything like the binge I did yesterday, but I realize now that I NEED to do that sometimes, that I actually have to do it even though I may not feel like it. I get into this mode of, oh, I've been so good, what a shame to "blow it" but it's not blowing it at all. It's taking the pressure off for a day or so. It's not a reward. It's a part of the plan. What, by the way, is "Frozen Lady?"

Bobbolink, I wish I understood what you were talking about with all your crafts. In any case, it sounds like a lot of fun!

Karen31, hope you get better soon! Thanks, I am back now with a vengeance and it's a good thing because I have to go to Hong Kong for five days next week and have nothing done (meaning getting my room in somewhat presentable order for the cat-sitter.)

retiredone, nice of you to volunteer at the food bank! We all need to think of others less fortunate. We could all be there ourselves.

jess, a lot of sickness going around it seems. Hope you feel better soon too.

Marie, you're right. Giving up isn't really an option is it. Life is a battle and we just have to keep on trucking! By the way, I have a real hard time with all these acronyms people use. I have figured out a lot of them but others not. What is BFF?

Rie, thanks too! Yes, the small minds got a hold of me last week. Glad I was able to break free! You see, I'm quite a sucker for someone "being kind" and only realize later that they are a real pain in the arse or worse. It's odd but the two people causing a LOT of trouble over the past few weeks are both similar. They need to talk bad about others, put the blame on others and always talk about how "unfair" life is. WTF??!?! "Check out a mirror, honey!" is what I'm going to tell them if they try to lay such dredge on me again!

Last edited by redballoon; 11-29-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:49 PM   #494  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG’s,

A nice sun shiney day today, so that was nice ~ a spirit lifter. A busy day ~ dr, got my glasses fixed (lens fell out), staff meeting at work, errands. Got my scrub pants hemmed up. Tweaked the scrub jacket (was too big in the shoulders). Bought a pretty piece of cloth to make a holiday scrub top. Hoping to get that done this weekend. Will go with the black pants I already have. Black back ground with pine boughs, holly berries, ribbons and different birds ~ cardinal, chickadee and some others. Christmas cloth was ½ off at the Hobby Lobby ~ yippee!!

Survived the dr’s visit. Have to go back in two weeks ~ I guess to go over the results of the lab work. Have a mamogram in a couple weeks. I’ll tell you this ~ I would rather have a mamogram any day than that vaginal exam/pap test. I don’t know why, but that is way more uncomfortable to me. Sorry if that was TMI

I’m trying not to mess up and say anything negative (want to do good for Karen‘s holiday)~ hope I have done ok so far. I didn’t mean to be such a downer. I was just sharing my fears and stress and didn’t realize I was dragging everyone else down. I will try to think more carefully before I post something.

Had some good news today. My dad had a skin cancer removed a week or so ago, and they took a biopsy of one of his lymph nodes ~ it was negative. Thank you Lord ~ an answer to prayer.

Back to work tomorrow. Have to go in early in Thursday. They are switching over to a newer version of the program that is used for charting and order entry.

Personals next post……….
Old 11-29-2011, 09:11 PM   #495  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Red, BFF nationwide is Best Friend Forever. My daughter put a new spin on it when she said, "BFF - Bridges Freeze First". Her doing that a couple years ago makes me remember the bridges when the temps hover at freezing, like they do for months on end around here. Last week I was just coming up to a major nasty bridge and before the bridge, saw yards and yards of the guardrail gone and wood splintered all over the other side of the 4 lanes (oncoming traffic). I was so stunned by the missing guardrail (right after the oncoming traffic's fun on the bridge) that the bridge was icy. If I'd computed faster, I'd have stopped and helped because clearly someone had just gone over the edge (no injuries that I heard of). Anyway, BFF is best friends forever (except where I live).
Marie
Closed Thread