Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

HAPPY 4th of July to everyone!! Just wanted to pop in and say Hello!! Will be back later after the cookout/birthday!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!! HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4094.jpg (39.9 KB, 11 views)
Old 07-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #77  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Rie, pretty cool we’re both having a great time with our grandsons. I just love when they are interactive and fun. He’s so awesome considering his family (DD and her ex) still don’t communicate and its been nearly two years. BTW, would you mind doing some upper body strength training for me? I'd sure appreciate it.

Koala, that wii certainly does have a lot of commentary on your age. I think you should tell it is not polite to mention a GG’s age.

Freda, it’s nice to know you and I have Bobbi’s garden in common. I can only dream of having a yard as luscious as hers. I’m sorry your work has lost all its fun. Certainly makes it drudgery but always remember you can complain here. We aren’t sick of it so let the frustrations go with us GGs.

Gayle, LOL at “He needs a weekly visit from the GG's wacking brigade to keep him in line”.

Bobbi, I’m glad your DH didn’t damage much with his fall.

Donna, good idea on a GG on facebook. It would be so much easier for everyone to post pictures, especially decent size so we can see details! I second for KarenMO to be Queen GG of FB. I just glance at my FB and post pics for family. Other than that, I don’t know or do much with it. And you do realize you live in the most perfect place for hiking (more importantly skiing)??? But I’m good with mocha meetings, shopping meetings, and of course, meal meetings. I’m not too picky. Someday, DH and will fly to Denver (probably several more years) when he finishes building his plane. I want to ski in CO again. I love OR, CA and NV skiing but CO has always been my favorite. DH promises he’ll fly me there. Then we’ll meet up. Just don’t invite Hef. We’re still youngsters compared to him although probably not in his eyes.

Lyn, your choral plans sound awesome. I wish I could watch! Every time I travel internationally I’m amazed how friendly people are. Sometimes I wonder if its just traveling in USA that’s not filled with helpful people. Like you, when I was in Bangkok, I got lost trying to find a salon I had an appointment at (legs needed waxing we were there so long). I went into a Starbucks and a man from England guided me to where I needed to go. Everyone in Thailand was friendly (except the cop who got really mad at me when I took a picture outside the gates of the US Embassy – made me delete all the pictures and show him they were gone – he wasn’t very nice – DD thought I was going to get us arrested).

KarenMO, very patriotic shirt. You look so relaxed.

A lazy day planned here. Pool and BBQ, then up into the mountains for a firework display on a huge mountain lake. DGS’s legs are tired. He’s busy playing Playstation 3. I want him to play Dance Dance Revolution with my on PS2 – his legs are too tired. At least he won’t have memories of a lazy grandma. My memories of my grandmother was she never got out of chair. Never that I can remember. I’m guessing she did when nature called or to go to bed but I don’t remember that. My mom is a lot a like in that she wasn’t active when I was growing up. Maybe that’s why I did the 180 and have gone overboard.

Marie
Old 07-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
I’m not really here, places to go & things to do, but had to see what everyone’s doing & say HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

Before I go, Bobbi, I so glad your DH is ok. That was scary. And yes, Freda & Bobbi, those are Desert Rose dishes, & look-alikes that I collect. I have more in my china cabinet. The Desert Rose dishes are what’s left of the set that were my mom’s wedding presents (so I guess they’re from the 1950’s - the new Desert Rose dishes are not near as pretty). After my dad died, Mom was pretty crazy & was traveling a lot, & moved off & abandoned the dishes, so I rescued them. When she came back & settled down, she didn’t want them back, she prefers blue for her kitchen, so….. I love the pink & green, & that’s why my kitchen & dining room are in those colors.

Gayle, about the exercise problem - do you have stairs at work? If so, going up & down them several times a day would be good exercise. Many years ago, when I was on one of my many diets, I lived in a two story house, & my exercise routine was going up & down the stairs 5 times each, 3 times a day (my cats would always run to watch me, I guess they thought I was crazy!). Another time, & another diet, my grandmother was in the hospital, on the 9th floor, for a couple of weeks, & I was visiting her every day. I forced myself to use the stairs instead of the elevator so I would get some exercise. And you do work at a hospital. Just a thought.

Donna, count me in on the Facebook thing if someone can get it started. But, doesn’t 3FC already have one? So this one would be for the GGs, right?

KarenMO, love your patriotic shirt!

If I’m going to make it to any of the 4th festivities (we haven‘t decided which one we want to go to), I’d better get out of here & get going! Have fun everyone!
NCNancy
Old 07-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good afternoon all....It is not only July4th, but the beginning of scallop season. The boat traffic is terrific. These are the little bay scallops that you dive for....By the looks of the sky the afternoon bommers will be driving the boats in soon.They can't roar up the river as it is a manatee slow zone and it gets hairy being on a boat with lightening crashing (not mentioning beer consumption!) Glad to be sitting here on the lania.

Dash is terrified of thunder and loves fireworks. He ran miles last night trying to catch a rocket. That dog has a world record tongue. Hangs to the floor.

Have read all the messages, but not up to personnals today. Love everyone's house and just love now see you at home when I read the dailys.

Happy 4th......hugs,k3
Old 07-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #80  

Hi everyone.. boy am i pooped and need a nap. we just got back from the parade. we took my mil and my family and dh brother and family where there. we lined the main street, and had fun.now everyones gone back home and its quiet here. even sadies napping just wanted to wish everyone one HAPPY 4TH r
rosey Ps some pics of the parade and amanda and tim playing with my boxing gloves.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 227.jpg (24.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 207.jpg (40.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 210.jpg (30.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 184.jpg (19.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 172.jpg (31.9 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by akrosey49; 07-04-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hope everyone had a great day! Here are a few pictures of the patio on the back of our house. I really love the space out there. And in the second picture you can see the stairway leading down to my "WOMAN CAVE"!! The last picture is my Aunt, and her daughter (my cousin) and me---- can you tell that we might be related??? LOL!! I took that picture yesterday evening so I don't have my patriotic shirt on in that pic.

We're getting ready to take a watermelon over to my Aunts and then visit a bit but then I will be happy to come home and relax! Think I have been going steady since 6:30 this morning!! WHEW!! These old bones are tired but I love being with family too.

Try to catch you all later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4104.jpg (36.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4108.jpg (23.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4109.jpg (35.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4093.jpg (25.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 07-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #82  

Height: 5'3"

It's a beautiful day!! Supposed to be in low 80s but I don't know if it is, but it is very nice. We got up late and I heated up two small leftover blueberry pancakes for my breakfast, yummy! We had planned to go to the mall and just look around but our dil called to say she is here with two kids and she dropped the kids off for a visit. They are 20 and 16 but very quiet so we mostly chatter and try and draw them out. We showed them around the yards, and garden and introduced them to a couple neighbors. I love summer as we are all outside more. This is the dil I have had my struggles with but I try to keep good relations with her best I can. She grabbed me and gave me a hug today before she left....I think she has kind of a love/hate thing for me. I was a little worried about her last time I saw her but today she looked very nice. She is a beautiful woman and very sweet at times.

The ads for the rig are still up and one neighbor has shown some interest, but I have a feeling we may just keep it. Thanks for the nice comments. Our house desperately needs new exterior siding but since we save for everything and pay cash, it will be a while before it gets done. I'd love to get the kitchen remodeled but one thing at a time. LOL The way we are doing it we'll probably get it all fixed up just in time to sell it because the yard may get too big for us to keep up! BTW, as we showed the kids our garden and orchard I noticed we now have a peach almost but not quite the size of Bobbi's! The rest are real tiny though. We're getting more blueberries this year but they are not quite ready for picking. We also have a couple small green peppers and three small zucchini.

Nancy - Forgot to mention last time...I love your kitchen!! Almost too pretty to cook in, don't you think? I'd be tempted to just sit with a cup of tea and enjoy looking at it and eat my meals out. You look so nice too! I know it must feel very good to be slender...oh, I want to lose weight like you, so why can't I get myself to actually do what it takes to do it?!! I'm dropping right now and hope I can keep it going down this time!

Bobbi - yes that's similiar to how my dh had his accident. A large evergreen tree and a big branch didn't fall the way it was supposed to, it came down and hit the ladder (10 footer, Joe was about 3/4 way up I'd say), but instead of going down with the ladder, he jumped off, landed on the concrete driveway and fell, fracturing his femur. He used to teach martial arts esp judo and knows how to fall and I think he might have been alright if he'd fallen on the lawn instead of concrete. We now know he has lost a lot of bone density in his other leg (they can't test the fractured leg) and esp in his spine where it is almost osteoporosis. Probably the fractured leg was the same. I think they ought to check men earlier at least from 65 on. My dh has always been very active so we weren't too concerned about it but I made him take calcium supplements when he got about 70 at least and he STILL has lost bone density...just part of aging I guess.

Lyn - I don't pull the trailer myself...I leave it all up to dh..pulling, parking, setup. I do get out and kind of guide him into the sites, and watch our side level while he levels it but that's about all I do on the outside. I take care of the housekeeping though just like at home.

Glynne - Most likely what happened with the stove was just common forgetfulness, too much on your mind, that sort of thing, esp if you haven't had a lot of other episodes I wouldn't worry about it. On the other hand I have had a lot of "forgetful" and rather strange moments over the past ten years or so. There is no history of dementia of any kind in my family. Because they are so infrequent (esp the more worrisome ones) I have not yet mentioned them to my doctor although my dh and some of my kids are aware. One sil does not think I should talk about it because I guess he is afraid of self-fulfilling prophecy. It is scary because you always wonder but I'd rather be aware and do what I can to help myself ..just the way I am...I like to take control rather than allowing a situation to take control of me, you know? I guess there are tests they can do but I'm not sure how early they can do them. And btw, my dh reacts much the same way, so I know how you feel. Your berry dessert looks great! I love berries and esp blueberries and strawberries!

Rie - Thanks for the recipe! It sounds yummy! It is much like Adobo, the national dish of the Philippines except Adobo is boiled in a pot, then sometimes fried. We (and my dh's family) don't usually fry it but that is the most traditional way I think.

Something is bothering me today...cooking for my dh has always been a task I loved, but for some reason, I can't seem to please him much any more. I either get things too well seasoned or not well enough or he just doesn't care for the dish. About every 4-5 days or maybe even less, he seems to like something but most often he doesn't. He eats very little and even though I only make 2-3 serv of any recipe, we have leftovers which often end up getting tossed. I'm glad he is truthful, I would not want him to lie...but I can't help but feel hurt and frustrated by my inability to please him as I guess I feel like cooking is my job as a wife. That's the way it is in my family and the men usually brag about their wives' cooking so it is hard for me to come to this decision, but I am at the point where I feel like giving up and we can just fix our own meals. But this is so foreign to me I don't quite know how to go about it..I shop very carefully...stocking up on the good deals etc., I plan my meals around my stockpile (freezer/pantry), so I don't know how to buy just for myself. Do I buy for him and me and have it divided ...like the meat and put on different shelves in freezer? Or should he buy his own however he wants regardless of price. He is very thrifty and I suspect that if he cooks his own he'll still spend less than me. It hurts me that it has come to this but I also just don't know how to do it. I know couples where the wife doesn't care for cooking and the dh does it all, but that's not the case here...I prefer to do the cooking, enjoy it (or did) and I want to be sure we eat healthy. He cooks mostly healthy..small amount of meat or fish and usually plenty veggies but does use more oil than I do. I don't want him to go the rest of his life eating food he doesn't like, and hopefully I'll get over my silly emotional distress about it. Afterall many women would love to have their dh cook and he has always cooked about once a week at least for himself. If anyone has any thoughts on how to go about this, please comment.

Last edited by maryea; 07-04-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #83  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Mary...maybe he doesn't feel good? If you've been cooking the same foods and he liked them in the past but not now, I think he has a problem he's not telling you about. Have you asked him what he'd like for supper or just planned them on your own? If his eating patterns have changed that much, you might want to dig a little deeper into his thoughts. Good Luck.
[QUOTE I can't seem to please him much any more. I either get things too well seasoned or not well enough or he just doesn't care for the dish. About every 4-5 days or maybe even less, he seems to like something but most often he doesn't. He eats very little and even though I only make 2-3 serv of any recipe, we have leftovers which often end up getting tossed. I'm glad he is truthful, I would not want him to lie...but I can't help but feel hurt and frustr][/QUOTE]
Old 07-04-2011, 10:03 PM   #84  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Mary, I agree with what Bobbi said. If your meals haven't changed but he has, that's a sign. My first thought was depression (maybe because of his accident and realizing he's aging???). Also, any reason it has to be an all or nothing in the cooking department? For a long time, I did the cooking. Then DH started to help. I swear it is probably one of our most comfortable time - cooking dinner together - we chat about our day and share the tasks. Now after lots of years, we have our parts down pat. I wouldn't trade it for anything. DH now has ownership in the meals and their taste. Just a thought.
Marie
Old 07-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #85  

Bobbi & Marie: I think this has been building up the last few years. I don't think it is sickness or exactly depression. I think he wants to eat more Filipino food. We have been married almost 49 years and he early on taught me to cook Filipino dishes plus I learned some on my own and from others, and I have always cooked them, but I admit we do eat Asian (like stir-fries not Filipino which is usually more like a stew) and American dishes mostly. He likes these dishes esp the stir-fries but lately complains...I don't get them seasoned properly or I don't make enough sauce or something. He also likes American foods but with them it's usually the seasoning he complains about.

I realize that as people age they often want to get back to their roots and since his whole life changed when he came to the states at age 19 leaving his family behind and he has lived as an American mostly since then I can understand this need might grow stronger in him as he ages. (He rarely saw his family after that but all but one of his bros and sis have come to the states and in recent years he sees them about once a year). We do have Filipino friends and have potlucks frequently where he gets to eat this food as well as when I cook it. Plus, a few years ago I realized his need for more of his own country's foods and tried to incorporate more of these type dishes into our food, at least once a week.

No, I don't ask him what he wants to eat when I plan the menus but if there is something he has mentioned being hungry for I add it. I guess I can ask him but I'm pretty sure he'll say he doesn't care unless there is something he's hungry for at the moment and he tells me that already...like during the summer he likes Pinacbet a dish which uses fresh green beans. Usually he fixes it as I think he likes to but now and then (at various times of the year) I fix it too. But anymore it's like I can't make it right. Once I'll admit I got it too salty but lots of times he wants things way too salty and it's hard to know. Sometimes I think things are not salty enough and he thinks they are ok. I also have to be very careful about anything hot...Asian hot is ok, but Mexican hot is not..not even a tiny bit!

I like to eat healthy esp my meal foods so it is hard for me to use a lot of salt and soy sauce. Also I use Kosher salt in the kitchen. Now that I think about it, that might be when this all started....maybe because it seems to take more Kosher salt to season. If I can I let him taste what I'm cooking but that is not always possible. He says he likes me to do that but then often gets irritable when I ask him to do it LOL

As far as cooking together, I don't think he'd want to do that..occasionally we do that but usually he prefers either he or I cook solo and gets irritable if I ask him for help...like he thinks I should be able to do it all. I mostly fix very simple meals so not much to do anyway and he usually is watching TV while I cook. He does like to cook though and usually cooks about once a week plus fixes all his own breakfasts and lunches generally. Today I told him what I was thinking about...to let him cook his own food. He says it's just that I don't get the seasoning right (well, that's part of it but not all), and then starts telling me that he liked a dish about 3 days ago, proving my point! LOL
I asked him if this is what he wanted (to cook his own meals) and that if so, that's fine. He said, not really, so I asked him what he wants to do, and he said he doesn't know. And they say women are difficult?!!

In the past after I had a baby or surgery, he would cook for a while but after a while he could complain he couldn't think what to cook. He knows I like variety. I think he could eat about six things over and over again.

Well, he just told me he liked what I fixed tonight...of course it was packaged rice a-roni fixed up a little with prepared (frozen) meatballs, sliced carrots and peas, topped with sliced green onions and peanuts. He didn't add the peanuts, but I did. It was very tasty but healthy...not so much!

But I appreciate your thoughts and I've got some ideas from our discussion. I'll ask him again if he wants to fix his own meals but if he says no I'll try the following. Trouble is he will likely just not make the decision so I still won't know what to do.

1. Try switching to sea salt. I have some on hand.
2. Asking him what he wants me to cook.
3. If he wants Filipino food, I can offer to let him cook it. I do this already as I said with some dishes.
4. I'll ask him if he'd like to help with the meal but I really don't think he'll go for that one.
5. I can add more Filipino dishes to the menus but although I like them I can't eat them every day.

Last edited by maryea; 07-04-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Happy Birthday America!

Well, bummer! I am home early tonight because there was a Montana monsoon and we couldn't do fireworks. I didn't even get any time with the little colts. Oh well, maybe next weekend.

We had a barbque at my aunts and it was really nice. I ate pretty good but I splurged and had a couple small margaritas (they wre made with absolute vodka instead of tequilla) and they were yummy. No mix, just fresh lime juice. I also had a small desert cookie. My two cousins have been doing ideal protein and they look good. We were all proud of ourselves.

Marie, tomorrow morning I do aerobics but I will hit the biceps, triceps, abs, glutes, quads and hamstrings for ya! There is a mini strength section in the routine. That Gilad is a killer but his accent is so cute that I huff and puff and try to do what he asks. LOL Yes, I hope that my dgs remembers me for the things that I do with him. I had such a good role model in my grandmother who lived to 97 - I was 48 when she passed. She could do anything! She wasn't athletic but she was the quintessential farm woman and she worked hard her whole life. She was also such a fan of all of us kids. She actually asked me to take her to the pool hall so she could see it a couple months before she passed. Like you, I want my grandkids to remember me as the grandma who taught them to fish and camp, and I also want them to learn to cook from me. I have already cooked with them lots of times.

Mary, it is interesting what you said about the chicken sounding like it is like adobo. I agree. I had adobo when I was living in Colorado. And, the guys who taught me to barbeque are pacific islanders.... I think that your dh is just having trouble with his appetite and maybe health. Maybe you guys could start to cook together or plan menus. My mom is frustrated these days because dad suddenly decides that he won't eat certain things. The latest is pork - suddenly he doesn't like it.

Karen31, yes, you are family I loved your patriotic shirt. I am with you on being tired, though, sometimes I think I need a day off to recouperate after a holiday!

Rosey, you look wonderful! Are you hiding out about that 3 pounds? it sure looks like you are dropping more weight. Nice parade.

karen3, scallops ! yum! It must be nice for you to sit out and watch the boats go by. Not too hot for you, is it? keep taking good care of yourself. How is the rehab going?

Nancy, happy 4th! I will wait to hear how you celebrated. I like your excercise ideas - just get it in whenever you can. I will have to start using that. I have been trying to stand when I take phone calls, rather than sitting at my desk. I have been reading lately about how bad sitting is for a person. I can't change the desk job but I can stand up!

Lynard, I am so pumped that you are in a chorale. My son is an opera singer and he has been involved with various chorales since he was in elementary school. He ws the youngest member ever to be accepted in the symphony chorale here. Anyway, I seriously miss those old great classics, show tunes, and other songs that they used to perform. I can't wait til he is back here. He has been persuaded to audition here for the Rimrock Opera for the upcoming season. Are you an alto or soprano?

Donna, I think the GG facebook page would be a good idea in some ways but would it change our conversation here? Maybe if we mostly used it for pictures?

Koala, I love it that you are in a different season. You will be able to remind us that the weather could be different when we are whining about the seasons. I never think of australia as having winter....

Lynn, I bet you are busy in some great activity today.

Zoe, did you spend the day at the shore? either the lake or the ocean? I hope that your work is more tolerable so you can make it through to next year.

Gayle, I hope you had a good day. I agree with Nancy, about the excercise - a little bit at a time.

Gonna go have story time now. I promised. See you tomorrow.
Rie
Old 07-05-2011, 12:06 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Happy 4th of July to all the American GG's! We had our national holiday-Canada Day- on July 1st. Long weekends all around - yay!
Be safe everyone!
Old 07-05-2011, 12:26 AM   #88  

Ok, we had a talk and he wants me to keep cooking. He agrees with me that it MIGHT be the kosher salt. I like it but also want to please my dh so I will try adding more and if that's not enough I am willing to try sea salt. I keep sea salt on the table but we rarely use it. Used to use it all the time when I cooked until I started using Kosher. I can't remember when he started complaining exactly but it might be the salt. He also said he doesn't like me "experimenting" so much...apparently I make too many new recipes. As I said in my last post I like variety and like to try new recipes but I now will only try one a week and otherwise cook the things he has said he likes. I have always done this though so not sure why it has started bothering him

He denies that it has anything to do with the Filipino dishes (or lack of) so maybe I'm wrong about that. I'm still not sure though and I will go back to preparing one of them a week at least. He did not ask for this but I think I will also ask him if he wants to cook it. He used to seemed to like that I fixed them for him so he may not care, but I am going to ask him more for advice and to taste etc while I cook to involve him more esp with the Filipino dishes. Cooking is very important to him and his family whereas I am more casual about it. He didn't respond to the idea of cooking together. Since our meals are usually only 1-3 very simple dishes there wouldn't be much to do. We don't even set the table when it's just us. I cook and we fill our plates in the kitchen. I love this guy even more than I even did when we married and I really want to please him. I may have made him sound like an old grouch but really he isn't usually. He's the sweetest man I've ever known and everyone likes/loves him! I know I'm a lucky woman!

Last edited by maryea; 07-05-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:56 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning Girls,

I did my Wii workout yesterday, holiday and all. I did a 20 minute run and a few other things. The day before I only did 10 minutes but I did go pull weeds in my garden for about 30 minutes...yeah! I am feeling more motivated as the days go on and I am feeling just a tiny bit small around my waist. Baby steps.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #90  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Mary...asking him if the seasonings is right while cooking is a good idea.
Quote:
but I am going to ask him more for advice and to taste etc while I cook to involve him more esp with the Filipino dishes
Anyone ever used Celtic Salt? I purchase salt online from 'The Grain & SaltSociety'. It's a moist, chunky salt thats so tasty. It comes in a jar with a side loop for a small wooden spoon and cork top. It's sun-dried, hand harvested, unrefined whole salt.

KarenFla...my dog runs to the basement when we have thunder. I think dogs have more sense than humans, he heads for cover when we get high winds and lighting too. Hope you feel better soon, are you still able to get around the kitchen and cook or is that a no-no for now?
Zoe...sorry about your job stress. Just remember that retirement is around the corner.
Lyn...love your house too! Did you put in the plants?
Nancy...I agree with the new Desert Rose dishes, not only are the colors not as varied but they break/chip easy. I had 8 place settings plus some serving dishes I purchased of the newer set. Then I happen to see an ad in the paper about someone selling their desert rose dishes. I didn't want anymore but checked it out anyway. It was an old gal who was downsizing and she had 12 place settings plus all the serving pieces. All old from the 40's-50's. I picked up the whole set for $115.00. I've since felt guilty for paying so little for it. One place setting is worth more than I paid for the whole set.
Quote:
more in my china cabinet. The Desert Rose dishes are what’s left of the set that were my mom’s wedding presents (so I guess they’re from the 1950’s - the new Desert Rose dishes are not near as pretty).

KarenMo...how far away do you live from your family? I was thinking you purchased a home in the same town.
Rosey...you look very happy in your parade pictures, isn't it fun getting out! Is your walking getting better now that you've dropped so much weight?
Rie...colts? Since I missed so much of June's post I'm stumped. Do you raise horses?
Marie... We have lap trays which DH sets up while I finish cooking. We always eat in the living room at night in front of the T.V. Bad habit I know but we both enjoy eating that way. We have a running joke about my meals, he always suggests something for the next days supper and I always take credit for thinking up the idea. Sometimes he cooks, if not he usually does the dishes.
Quote:
Then DH started to help. I swear it is probably one of our most comfortable time - cooking dinner together -
Be back later...gotta shower and get ready for massage and chirop. app. DH is going to try sneak in with me after his ladder accident.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 07-05-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Closed Thread