Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 09:27 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up Daily Chat #6

Hello,

Please join us here where we discuss our weight loss efforts, as well as our daily lives. We share support, friendship, and accountability. All newbies welcome!

So, pull up a chair, make yourself comfortable, and jump right in!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

I had a great weekend, and hope you did, too. I don't get a lot done around the house when the kiddos are here, so now it's time to make up for that, lol.

I am still OP, but get frustrated with the fluctuations on the scales. Only the knowledge that sooner or later, the losses will show up, keeps my sprits high enough to keep on keeping on.

What's on your agenda for the day?

Last edited by Jane; 07-19-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Everyone.

I didn't do so well staying OP this weekend. Tried some things and checked BS readings to see how my body reacted to some foods. Today, Monday will be my Day 1 on Atkins 14 day Induction. Got the book reading it and OP. I got up this morning and put some chicken pieces in the oven so have my food ready for today. Even have my plan for eating at KFC today. Will have the baked chicken and green beans for lunch.

Our lawn mower wouldn't work Saturday when the Pastor came to mow for us so Tony is taking the battery to have it checked out and probably get another one to see if that is the problem. If not we will have to have John Deere come out to fix it.

My blood pressure meds must be working and the diet as well as mine is back down where it should be. BS is down some but still got a way to go. Hopefully by the time I go back to the doctor next month, that will be normal too.

On my scales I seem to have kept my loss so that is great. So glad they are moving downward.

Have a great day!
Old 07-19-2010, 10:37 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

I ate good yesterday...finally got back OP...and dropped a pound. So far doing well today so hoping I am learning how to control my evening eating. I've been trying to figure out why I do it and thinking of possible interventions.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #5  

Just a quick flyby. I had a great OP day yesterday. Went to KFC to eat and had planned to get baked chicken, but it was going to be too long to wait for it to be done. So I got the original, I only like crispy, and just took the batter off and ate only the meat. My veggies were green beans and greens. Told the girl not to put bread on my plate. It was easy to stay on plan. The hunger is gone. My BP is down in the normal range below 120/80 so I'm thankful that is better. BS is coming down, but slower. Fasting is still around 120s, but lower than that 2 hrs after meals. This tells me I'm on the right track.

Lots of wash and house work plus more reading to do in my Atkins book. So I better get busy.

Y'all have a great Tuesday!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 12:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 294.5/276/190

Height: 5'2"

Hello to everyone:
Yesterday was extremely challenging. I may have mentioned that my lady has mobility problems. We went to the Florida Orthopedic Center for a second opinion. I am very grateful that she did because her condition had been misdiagnosed. She needs surgery immediately to repair a tendon that has elongated. The tendon can not support the bones in her ankle and they have collapsed. She is experiencing severe pain. Surgery is tentatively scheduled for 2Sep10. We are both very scared.
I know that all of you will include us in your thoughts and prayers.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:46 PM   #7  

chicpanda Thoughts and prayers coming your way.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Trish - yay on keeping the loss, and for the good news about your BP, too. It really isn't too hard to stay OP, even in restaurants, when we have the right mind set. I truly think it all begins in the head, not the stomach.

Mary - I am a night time eater, too, and finally just accepted the fact that since we supper so early, I have to save some calories/points for evening, or I'd be much too hungry before breakfast. If you do any type of needlework, like embroidery, or crosstitch, that is a good diversion. I like to get on the computer, too, because I never eat while using it.

Coralee - I sure will keep your friend and you both in my prayers. Actually, I already do include all you gals here in my prayers, but will send up special ones for you both. I hate to read that they are putting off the surgery for so long, considering she is in extreme pain! Hopefully, she has some meads that will alleviate that.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

The church picnic supper was tonight. I stayed OP, and walked right past the dessert table. I guess I am really getting used to all this, because it honestly didn't bother me.

Tomorrow through Friday we will have the kiddos, so I'll just check in when I can.

You ladies are great, and I value your friendship.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:04 AM   #9  

Hi everyone! Today was a nice day. Invited my dh to go to Costco and Albertsons with me as know he likes to get out of the house. This time he was able to use one of those electric carts at both stores. Really helpful! I think he kind of enjoyed that! He is doing better and better..this morning he discovered he could flex his leg when he walks which means he is now taking a more normal step even though he is still not allowed to put much weight on his fx leg.

I finally managed to get some bird seed out for the feeders in our back yard and we are enjoying watching the birds coming again. He is usually the one that does that and I had forgotten about it until recently.

Other than shopping I thoroughly cleaned the living room. Took the wood and newspapers for fireplace outside as we won't need them for a few months. I hate the mess. While I clean each room thoroughly I am continuing to spray the bug killer. We don't have bugs and don't want them. It was easier moving the living room furniture as it is lighter. LOL I found some debris from the Christmas tree under the love seat...shows how often I move the furniture and clean!

Well dh calling me to watch America's Got Talent so better run..
Old 07-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #10  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Good morning! Thought I'd come over to this forum, now that I've found my way around 3fc a bit more.

Chicpanda, am keeping you both in my prayers.

I am keeping my food and movement plan well these days and am working on enjoying where I am with all of it.

Hope your day is starting nicely!
Old 07-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #11  

Quick flyby. I was up and out this morning to do some shopping at our store that gives senior discounts on Wednesday. Just needed to pick up a few things and they had some meat on sale that I wanted to get now that I am doing strict low carb. I'm doing Atkins, but guess it will end up being a modified one. My sister kept telling me she its a lot of protein and uses shakes... not ready made. She has lost 75 lbs since her lapband surgery. I like the idea of drinking a shake especially in the evening to stop night time eating, but didn't want as many carbs as she gets in the whey powder she uses from Walmart. This store had a whey powder that only has 3 g carbs and it is mixed with water. I found a soy powder at the health food store but it has to be made with juice or milk. So bought the whey and will be using it. Trying to keep my carbs at the 2 week Induction # of 20 g.

SilverLife Glad to have you here.

Jane Great job of passing up the dessert table. My difficult time is nighttime too. I especially miss my ice cream and especially chocolate so I hope that the night time shake will help to take the place of that.

Everybody else reading

Till later..
Old 07-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #12  
small goals

S/C/G: 241/171/150

Height: 5'6"

I am sticking to low carb, and the cravings are much less as of yesterday and today. Evenings for a few days were ****, imagining all the stuff I could go into the kitchen and whip up, was thinking I dare not even keep flour in the kitchen, but since I feel like I have a grip, it's ok. Realized today how much I look forward to checking in on this site, better than any diet thing I have ever been a part of, so real, so much soul baring honesty along with inspirational "success" stories, etc. Hope all are doing well, and to any who have "slipped" or are feeling bad, remember, all success is only getting up after a fall, and successful people have had more failures because they keep trying.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #13  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Trish, thanks for the kind welcome.

Gonnadoitthistime, congratulations on your low carb success. And thanks for the encouragement!

I've been trying out more of the easiest stretches today, at Yogatic and enjoying them. It's nice to add something new to my movement and exercise program.

Hope you all are having a really good day!

Last edited by SilverLife; 07-21-2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: forgot a word
Old 07-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #14  

gonnadoitthistime I enjoyed your post and very encouraged by it. I am with you... I'm going to stick with low carb too.

SilverLady Thanks for sharing the Yoga site. I would love to do it, I just can't do all the stretches. Maybe I will find something there.

Jane I forgot to say have fun with your kiddos.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #15  

Just listened to my hypnosis tape and fell asleep while listening. I figured I would as I was very tired. I finally got both gardens watered. Got started so late I had to wait and do the second one later as it was getting too warm out there.

Silverlady - Welcome!! I visited the yoga site and tried a couple poses...pretty hard! I do like yoga though..and I normally take a yoga stretch class at my gym (not going to gym right now due to my dh fracturing his leg and he needs me around). My class is for seniors though and is pretty easy, but it makes me feel so flexible and strong! My dh knows Tai Chai and I used to do it with him enjoyed that too. We have gotten out of the habit though. Recently since I have to stay home I have been using my Biggest Loser cookbook and doing the exercises in it each day plus I walk and do other aerobic type movements during TV commercials. I feel better the more I stretch and move.
Closed Thread