Old 04-05-2003, 04:41 AM   #1  
Ready!!!

Default Weekend, April 5&6/daily chat

Morning Chicks. Looks like we are going to get the storm that Toronto just had I am going to the tanning beds today I love that kind of heat. And it looks like that is the only heat I will get today.
Just starting us up as I must get to work. It is now 5:35 am and -2. Please some spring weather today, not winter.
yo Robin- I bet your pound stays away, My three will come and go come and go. But it was a nice way to start the month. And great going, I am happy with a pound anytime.
Well chicks have a SOP kind of day.
Love tazcat. i want to read a few more threads
Old 04-05-2003, 06:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/125/115

Height: 5'6

Angry Finally Saturday

Morning everyone,

Tazcat-Have fun at the tanning bed. I love it and it almost puts me to sleep!

Robin-You will keep those pounds away. Doesn't it feel great that they're gone? You can do it!

A beautiful sunny day here in N.C. I have just had my first full night of insomnia in almost four years. I'm wired right now(it's six) without a minute of sleep. Could it have been the Girl Scout cookie I snagged right before I headed off to bed?

But hey, at least I didn't eat the whole box like I normally do. Right? Have a wonderful day everyone and stay strong on your eating plan whatever it may be.
Old 04-05-2003, 09:45 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Ladies

Taz....enjoy your heat lol Ive never tried the tanning beds. Something about being 200lbs and getting naked in a little room where there might be peep holes. {sound paranoid?}

Kobe...I sure hope so!!! Ive been working on these last 7lbs for about a month. They are off for the second time, Im determined to work on the next 7

Its still very miserable weather here today, lots and lots of freezing rain yesterday, then it snowed, and now it sounds like rain and a bit of sleet out there. Not good for busines Im a prayin' for sunshine!!

Hubby even offered to take me shopping last night, but I declined due to weather, and the nutjob drivers we have here! Maybe tonight.

I hope everyone has a good day
Robin
Old 04-05-2003, 10:47 AM   #4  
Hang In There

Where is Jennifer 3FC??? I know she was being really busy, but wasn't she going to have surgery? Anyone heard from her since then? Any or you who post on the POCS thread heard from her? Tell her we miss her!!!

Not much happening here. at work this morning. Woke up to AM SSTYLE on QVC, (my addiction) then on to work.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 04-05-2003, 12:12 PM   #5  
Slimwithin

It's Ruthxxx at Linda's house in BC Springtime! We are off to catch the ferry shortly.

So far I've got lost several times, lost the rental car keys and nearly ended up in the States! But Harry and I are still speaking!However, Linda has washed her kitchen floor several times since we arrived as smarty-pants (moi) tried to open a botle of bubbly! We still have not found the cork!

Be good little chickies! I'll check in from MEW's house later.

Last edited by LindaBC; 04-05-2003 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-05-2003, 12:22 PM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Hey ruth, glad you are having fun, and the "states" aren't that bad
Went to Jr Congregation where older boy got to read. Little man did a Passover project of somekind while DH and I did services.
Taz, about this time of year I hit the tanning beds once or twice to get rid of the winter blues. We have 3 inches of snow back on the ground and I have had it.
DH is having lunch with friends and watching golf. little man is watching a movie and I am going to takle the laundry soon.
Robin, have fun shopping. Get something springy, it might make spring come.
-L
Old 04-05-2003, 12:36 PM   #7  
Slimwithin

I didn't realize tanning beds got hot. I thought you just got the rays without the heat. Shows how much I know. BTW, this is Linda. Ruth has left for a nice visit with her daughter on Vancouver Island. It was great having her here and very pleasant meeting her Harry. I just wish the weather would cooperate but hey...it's April, and that means showers, right?
My kitchen floor got a champagne bath last night but we managed to keep enough in the bottle to celebrate our mini-Chicks meeting. Today I start preparations for my Aunt's 89th birthday tomorrow. There will only be about 9 of us (a few too many to sit around my dining table) so I will probably serve buffet style. Ravioli, meatballs and fried chicken are on the menu, along with salad and birthday cake, of course. I have been off program for about three days and totally deserve the misery I'm going through because of it. (Puffy eyes, sluggishness, moody) Back on track Monday for sure.
Old 04-05-2003, 01:09 PM   #8  

Morning Ladies--or is it Afternoon??

Well, Not much going on here-still way off plan-but I am planning on remedying that soon. Feeling very sluggish and moody also-who knew that carbs could make you feel so bad!

Chilly 52 degrees today, chilly because it is so damp outside, DD has softball practice later today, I hope, so maybe I will get some energy sitting outside in this weather--actually it is only 43 right now and the high is supposed to be 52. I know, I know Taz--that is a lot warmer than -3 right???

Linda-I am glad you and Ruthie are having a good meeting--have you two met before? I think that is so cool!

Tanning Beds--well I got one thing to say about them---TORTURE~~I love the tan-but HATE laying in them sweating! Luckily my MIL has one, so I go up there for 20 minutes, with the fan blowing on high-and fidget the whole time. It is ridiculous the amount of trouble we go through to be beautiful!!

well, everyone have a great OP day!

Miss D
Old 04-05-2003, 02:53 PM   #9  

Good afternoon everyone!

Ruth and Linda, glad you both had fun, just wait for the big meet coming up! Fall, isn't it?

Robin, I am sick and tired of this wether too, in fact there's yet another tailend of the storm we had last night coming tonight. Ain't that just special?

Taz, I wish you the warmth of the tanning bed. Having never used one myself I can only imagine how wonderful it feels on the skin!

Kobe, I find that having good days gives me courage to keep having good days

to all I missed.

Mom and her boyfriend aren't coming this weekend, it's too treacherous on the roads and I don't want her in an accident. Took me 2 hours one way to go get M and the pup from gran's house and thankfully the plows went through so it was little over an hour (the regular time) on the way back. Just staying at home and being a vegetable. Poor Rosie has her incision and it's bugging her so much. I hated to do it, but she's already had a few "visitors" come and see her in the yard. Thankfully she hadn't had her first heat yet!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 04-05-2003, 05:16 PM   #10  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Hey pooky,
Put a t shirt on the pup and tie a knot just past the insition so she won't squat on it. She will look adorable and should stop her from going at it.
-L
Old 04-06-2003, 08:03 AM   #11  

Default Did you turn your clocks ahead?

It is bright and sunny here after a few dreary days. I have been totally MIA this week, not even turning the computer on at home some days. (I have internet at work, but can't get to the 3fc site from there)>

So, I will catch up...but for now, Hello to all!

It was a crazy week, very busy at work and we had a house we bid on. Last week a real estate agent called me to see a listing she'd just gotten. I thought it was good for us and made DH get up out of bed(he was sick) to come see it!

well, we made an offer, but the owner wanted to wait for her open house to see if she would get anything higher. we spent the last week just going nuts- they really dragged their heels, before agreeing to price yesterday- I'm really happy, but I never want to go through that again! I had to run to the bank for pre-approval and get the inspector scheduled- there was another buyer interested and I wanted to show we were serious. But they finally accepted, and we got the house for $4000 less than I was prepared to pay. It's a cute but small cape, everthing needs updating, but everthing works. So, we will be doing some remodeling next year! Get ready Pooky!

What else? That has been the biggest news here, and has taken all my energy. I spent a lot of the last 5 days upset and tense, and I really enjoyed my Dunkin Munchkins, bagels, and chocolate layer cake at work. I am grateful that I only gained 1 lb. I guess I was active and didn't graze all day. I did a big shopping for next week and am ready to go!

Off to read the back threads, have a great day!

dottie
Old 04-06-2003, 10:20 AM   #12  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Ladies

Congratulations Dottie!! Very stressful this house buying business. But its done, and you have a new house!! How cool is that?!

Its sunny here today, finally. I think I may actually get myself out for a walk today.

Thats it from my small corner of the world.....its time for my coffee, and sunday paper

Robin
Old 04-06-2003, 11:06 AM   #13  

I'm ready when you are Dottie!

Well, things change fast around these parts, turns out Mom and her boyfriend are coming for dinner and that's it. The next few weekends are booked soild, next weekend dh has the computer show in TO, and the weekend after that is EASTER! I have everything I need more or less but what a shock to the system that it's here already! I am grateful for the holiday so I won't whine too much. In the midst of cleaning so just sat down for a wee break.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-06-2003, 05:22 PM   #14  
Big Loser

Happy Sunday afternoon ladies, thunderstorms here after a gorgeous Saturaday at the soccer field, did church this am and taught SUnday school afterwards - my bil and sil were here last night and we went out to dinner stayed op except for the 2 beers!!! Oh well gotta live a little!!! Enjoy the rest of your day ladies!!!
Old 04-06-2003, 06:53 PM   #15  

Dottie! you ate chocolate cake!!!

Why is it that when I concentrate on cleaning just two rooms in my house (the boys rooms) that the rest of my house looks like it has been trashed?

Can't I have a house that is clean top to bottom for just a few hours?

I'd like to be thin, too!

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!!

oh, yea, my kids have a new nickname for me: Evil Mommy Menace.

ain't that sweet?

shoulda cleaned my own room!!!

peach