3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~July Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/205929-%7E%7Ejuly-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

Bobbolink 07-24-2010 03:44 PM

I've been cooking/baking up a storm today. I made some oat crackers, 18 calories per little, itty, bitty squares.:mad:
I made some delish tomato zucchini bake to go with dill pickle meat loaf, it's in the oven now so I can't report on the taste. The recipe is from allrecipes.com and the reviews were all excellent. And I put some pineapple and juice in the food processor, zapped it to smitherines and added it to some SF Vanilla pudding. I think I could live on pineapple, my favorite fruit.
My weight is not moving much, I have been documenting my food here but not on Fitday so I don't know how many calories I'm eating. I just get so sick of counting calories, if I could learn to behave myself I would never have to again. That won't happen this side of the grass!
Have a great week-end everyone.
P.S. Donna, why don't you just whack off the tops of your pansies. There's plenty of summer left, they should bloom again.

maryea 07-24-2010 03:54 PM

Bobbi, I know what you mean...I get so tired of counting calories too. Now and then I don't count and I think I'm ok, but then very gradually my 1/2 cups begin to be more like 3/4 c and my tablespoons begin to be more and more heaping...LOL So I have pretty resigned myself to the fact that I will have to count calories the rest of my life. It's ok to take a day off now and then though...like I've noticed you take Sundays off...and I take a day off now and then too. When I eat in a restuarant or at a someone else's house I just estimate and don't worry about it. Have a good day!

jess1 07-25-2010 09:37 AM

Good Morning, All...
Had a lovely time at Aunty Ann's 95th birthday bash yesterday! So nice to see long-lost relatives and friends.... and I was very selective and didn't indulge in any of the oh-so-appealing "bad" foods. I stuck with chicken and fruits and just a wee tad of pasta salad and beans. Up .2#, which is terrific! And, we left before the cake was served. I truly think that if I could somehow eliminate pastries, cakes, pies, and candy from my life, I'd never have a weight problem! A little bit begets a bit more which begets even more which begets a big ol' butt!

I'll lop off the pansies and see what happens.... they won't look much worse! I can always replace them if it doesn't work. Or, I can go back to "environmentally friendly" fake flowers. Ugh.

Hope you're all having a good weekend! Stay cool. Be safe.

the slim me 07-25-2010 10:28 AM

Good Morning GG's,

Hope you all are having a blessed Sunday. It rained all night and it's still raining off and on. Looks like the sun is trying to peak out in between. It has been so hot and humid this week, we could use a beak. We really needed the rain, things were beginning to look dried up and yucky. Went to Kenzie's baseball game yesterday, but it got rained out. She only has 2 more and I was really hoping to get to see it. Next weekend is work.

Bobbi, Mary, I get sick of counting calories too. But most of the time I KNOW how much i'm eating and when I over do I know that I am. I do have to get a cup/measure out sometimes to remind myself what a cup of something looks like. vegetables I don't bother to count, chicken breast I know....so usually it's the junk that I over do.

Lynn, I believe you can get pyradium at the drug store OTC now. It takes the pain of UTI away untill you can get to the Dr. And Rosie's right, drink lots of cranberry juice and water to flush the infection out.

Donna, congratulations on the good choices you made at the party. And doesn't it feel good later, to know that you didn't give in? I know I feel so much better about myself. And obviously, you have good genes. My family lives torip old ages too. If i'm going to live that long I want to make sure i'm helatlhy enough to enjoy it.

Karen, I know you will enjoy having DS back home. I hope he finds a job soon. I hope work is better there than it is here in Michigan. I think we are the worst, thanks to the poor car industry. Thankfully, things seen to be picking up, but very slowely.

Rosie, I agree with whoever said that it's good to see kids outside actually playing. We make sure that the grands stay busy. If left up to them, they would probably sit in front of the TV and play games all day. Thankfully, they both love sports, love to go bike riding...keeps them pretty busy.

Freda

ladyinweighting 07-25-2010 03:15 PM

Was VERY sick yesterday. Not sure whether or not related to urinary problem (NOTE: last time I had this problem, it was not an infection - something related to menopause). Spent all day yesterday between bed and the bathroom. My DD came over and ordered some suppositories from doctor.

Today I am out of the bathroom, but not the bedroom. Check back tomorrow.

Lynn

akrosey49 07-25-2010 04:28 PM

Morning everyone..another rainy day here..i have all my grkids here and am savoring every moment..they are all going to the local team last game of the season baseball game while i cook dinner..its just been alot of laughs and goofing around..lynn am so sry your are so sick hope u feel better soon..so far eating is going ok..i count carbs not calories..and portion control..my dr wants me to eat protein first then vegies and low carbs and starches..there,s carbs in everything:?: i wish there was a magic potion id make a fortune but theres no magic..just do our best and never give up right,just keep on trying..hope you all are having a great sunday ill post pics later..love my grkids..rosey :wave:

maryea 07-25-2010 04:37 PM

Good morning everyone! It's another beautiful day..think suppose to get to 96 today!! Wow that is hot for the NW !! Right now the sun is very warm but there is a very slight breeze and it feels nice. My dh and I went outside and I watered all the plants. One of the faucets was leaking and he was able to get a wrench from the garage and tighten it up for me...made him feel he was doing something. Being so dependent is really hard on him! This am he was out in the garage and seemed to be looking for something...I asked him what he wanted and he said he was just looking at "his stuff." Made me feel sad but I keep telling him remember it's only temporary.

He's showering now and is able to get up and down from a chair without using his walker although I think using the walker a bit then is still a good idea as his good leg is taking an awful lot of weight and stress these days. But he doesn't always listen to me. :dizzy: But at least (so far:D) he does have the walker near at all times so he can grab it if necessary. LOL

Jane - sounds like you handled yourself well at the birthday party. It isn't easy when surrounded by so much good stuff I know. So GFY!!

I am really trying today to keep my carbs down. My nutritionist advised me to lose weight to stick to 9 or 10 carb servings a day. She said 12 would be for weight maintenance. However this was before I started taking Metformin and I know it's the calories that count as far as weight so I have been allowing myself 12 which is very doable when I am behaving sensibly. But I am having so many aches and pains and know that at least some of them are neuropathy and maybe all. I have recently heard that Statins can also cause neuropathy (as well as muscle pain) so I am not at all sure it is the diabetes but of course realize that spikes in bs will not help. So since right now I can't do much about the statin I'm taking I am trying to decrease my carbs even more.

Lynn - sorry you are sick! I hope today will be better.

I bought some new drinking glasses online and got them yesterday. They look so pretty on the shelf. It's amazing how little things like that can make one feel so happy! :)

Listened to my peertrainer tape today and it was more on the fact that we get what we expect not what we want. So we need to create a plan that will reach our expectations. It seems a little different way of looking at dieting, but it seems to make sense and is basically the same idea of setting smaller goals that we feel we can reasonable accomplish by changing a few things rather than trying to do so much at once. I think I have already been doing this but the tapes make you think more about putting down (on paper) some actions you can take to reach your first expectation. My first expectation/goal is that I will get back down to 157 and stay there (or below). I have been down to 158+ but don't stay there. Today was my "official" weigh-in day and I was back up to 160.4 after dropping down during the week. Yet I know that is a little more than a 2# loss from last Sunday and almost 2# loss from what I was a year ago. All recycled pounds of course. I can do this, I just have to get myself together and follow through on the steps I know to take. I can tell I am doing better but I cannot allow myself to slip up so often. I KNOW how to do it, it's just the CONSISTENT follow-through I need!

Have a great OP day!

Salde1982 07-25-2010 04:55 PM

Looking for support to lose the last 15 pounds!

Hi Everyone,

It's a great day in CO! This is my first post on 3FC. I am looking for some support to stay healthy and keep my weight down.

I started a new diet program last November and lost 18 lbs -- it felt great to finally get into a size 10 and give away all my size 12 and 14's and XLg shirts and blouses. However, I have recently put on 6 lbs and the size 10's are tight! It is so aggravating to say the least. I DO NOT want to buy a larger size.

Please help me keep my weight down. I have 15 pounds to go to reach my ideal weight of 150 lbs. The hardest part is keeping it off!

Look forward to communicating with everyone!
Tari:)

akrosey49 07-26-2010 12:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone heres the crew..im sure enjoying them Rosey :wave:

ladyinweighting 07-26-2010 12:35 PM

At the risk of sounding like a hypochondriac, Urologist thinks all symptoms are related. Still having urgency problem & nausea. When he pressed on left side of belly I had pain. I had blood & urine tests today - a CAT scan (with drinking yucky stuff) tomorrow. He thinks maybe a problem with the ovarian cysts or maybe diverticulitis, or maybe some kind of infection.

I'll keep you posted.

Bobbolink 07-26-2010 01:31 PM

Good Afternoon everyone, welcome Tari :wel3fc:We will give you all the support you need! Tell us a little about yourself!
I had a chance to catch up on all the new posts, that's all I'll manage today with no time to gab.
Lynn...I've had an ache on the left side of my stomach off and on for a couple of years. I've tried writing down what I've eaten when these bouts of pain pop up and can't pin point anything in particular. Sometimes I just double over the pain is so bad. A couple of weeks ago I was in for my cholesterol/physical and told the doc about my pain in the side. He felt the side of my tummy where the pain is and said it was my bowels. He said some diverticulitis showed up on my colon exam and I have a sensitive spot on my colon. He said it happens when waste moves through that sensitive spot on my colon. I found that drinking lots of water keeps the pain away. On Sundays when I don't count calories or worry about getting all my water in I have problems. I've been diligent about drinking my water for the last couple of weeks since my doc visit and so far have had no pain. Let me know what you doc says.
Have a good one..........you should see the two baskets of cukes DH just brought in.......I asked him why he planted so many bushes and he said last year only one bush survived so he planted more this year. I'm going to take some to church and see if I can unload some of them.

jess1 07-26-2010 02:36 PM

Good Morning, All..
Bobbi, feel free to send me any of your unwanted cukes! I love them and eat them as snacks! Lynn, feel better!! Tari, WELCOME!

Rosey, I loved the pictures, and the one of you and your daughter is especially good. You have many, many choices for many, many avatar changes! How many grandbabies do you have?

PT/Zoe, all okay in your part of the world? Nothing new here. All is well. I'm in the basement and figure I'll be here for another month.... HOT outside and upstairs!

KarenMOFLO, Freda, PhantomIsabella.... everyone, have a good one! Stay cool..... (and be safe).

akrosey49 07-26-2010 05:39 PM

Hi everyone.. its still raining buckets here ugh im tired of the rain..my youngest left this am for oregon..ill miss her and my grdd..jess i have 4 grands 2 boys 2 girls..lynn sry you still arnt better hope you get answers and releif soon :hug:other grkids and i have been doing crafts watching movies..bobbie thats alot of cukes do u make pickels? expecting dh back from anch soon they left at 5 am :( my carb countings going well nothing like a weigh in on fri to make me more careful..ttfn rosey :wave:

akrosey49 07-26-2010 11:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Rainy day crafts,xmas snowmen, hope u arnt bored with my pictures i luv to share..have great evening rosey :wave:

jess1 07-27-2010 12:10 AM

Rosey, I think you're just the best granny! Those kids are lucky to have you!! I love seeing everyone's pictures... no, NOT BORED!!