Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 06:03 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Cathy--nice to see you over here too---HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #17  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Hello, all,

Back from the White Mountains in one piece; one more day at home and then two days left in the week to work. Had a good time up in the woods, got a little tanner and stayed on my diet. Yay for me!

Welcome newbies, and lots of hugs to the oldies (you know who you are) and I need a good night's sleep before I type any more.

Z
Old 06-02-2010, 08:10 AM   #18  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning!
Last night at my Bone Builders class I brought in a large graph chart for everyone to sign up on. We're going to do a weekly weigh-in and try to drop a few pounds. (In some cases, quite a few pounds) Between that and the new July 4th challenge on this site, I'll drop those nasty, sneaky pounds that seem pretty attached to me.
Jess...I haven't had time to check out the web site you posted, I'll do it after I'm done posting.
Hi Karen and Karen, sugar free ice cream? do you use fat free milk in it?
Freda...how many pounds do you want to lose in the challenge?
Rosey...too funny, I'd be checking the windows to make sure the bear couldn't get in, not chase the bear.
Quote:
a black bear was looking in on him..they both jumped...my dh and his buddy went out looking for it running around the woods in skivies and shoes toting their rifels..ha ha ha that must have been a site..
Welcome Cathy... congrats on your 50th B'Day.
Zoe...hope you checked for wood ticks. Our B.B. instructor has a cabin in Northern Minnesota and she was cutting down branches around the cabin. When she took her shower before bed she noticed a small red spot on her leg. The next day a ring of rash around it, doc said it was a deer tick.
Quote:
Had a good time up in the woods, got a little tanner and stayed on my diet. Yay for me!

Quote:

Heat stroke is a dangerous and potentially deadly condition that can occur when the body reaches a temperature of 104 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. There are two types of heat stroke: exertional, which affects people who overexert themselves in hot environments; and passive, which typically affects older people (especially those who are also sedentary) who are exposed to high temperatures.
Either type of heat stroke can lead to brain damage, organ failure and even death, knowing the warning signs is important. Look for:
  1. High body temperature. A body temperature of 104 F (40 C) or higher is the main indicator of heatstroke.
  2. A sudden change in mental status. Seizures, loss of consciousness, confusion, hallucinations or difficulty speaking or understanding what others are saying are signs and symptoms that should alert you to heat stroke.
  3. A lack of sweating. In passive heatstroke, skin will feel hot and dry with no sweat. (Note that in exertional heatstroke, skin usually feels hot and moist.)
  4. Red, flushed skin.
  5. Rapid, shallow breathing.
  6. Racing heart rate. Pulse may significantly increase as the heart works harder to keep the body cool.
  7. Headache.
  8. Muscle cramps or muscle weakness. In the early stages of heatstroke, muscles may feel tender or cramped, and later become rigid or limp.
If you observe or experience any of these symptoms on a hot day - contact emergency services at once, seek shade immediately and take steps to cool off - remove clothing, pour or spray cool water on the skin, fan the body to help with evaporation, move the arms away from the body to give more surface area to cool and place ice wrapped in plastic or towels in the armpits.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:29 AM   #19  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Gittel...
Jess...I just checked out the diabetic site, wow! I could spend all day looking at all the yummy recipes. But until I get my weigh off, I can't go there. Everything has to be out of the house or I eat it. I'm going to be struggling the next 1.5 weeks until GS graduation party. I'm making about 75 brownies, and about the same number of donut muffins. (They are made in the tiny 24 cup muffin tins and taste just like 'Tom Thumb' donuts) I made a batch for Tiffany to try and she loved them. Then I started another batch to freeze and DD said she didn't want frozen ones for the party, fresh only. GEEEEEEZ, that meant we had to eat that batch and boy did I eat them. Oh so good.
I did freeze a couple, then thawed them out to see if I could sneak them by DD so I didn't have so much last minute baking. NOPE, they got kind of tough and chewy instead of melt-in-you-mouth sweet. I think of the brownines I have in the freezer every day.
You all have a great day.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:31 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

The good news - lost 2 of the 5 lbs I gained in Ireland (probably fluid from air travel); went food shopping & stocked up on all my "good eating staples" - will do some cooking today.

The bad news - called the endocrinologist yesterday to check on thyroid biopsy results - the receptionist would not tell me over the phone, but told me to come in today to discuss with the doctor. I had an appointment scheduled for next week. Hmmmm - guessing he's not going to say, "everything's fine."

I will keep you posted.

Lynn
Old 06-02-2010, 10:00 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all....Cooked all day yesterday. Did the week's worth of turkey for Dash, baked chicken breats for me and meat loaf for DH. So no cooking today. Yeah! Have big pot of vegies with even cabbage in it. For some reason this heated takes all my craves away.

I never wake up during the night. Considering that the rest of this household wanders around every few hours, but last night I woke up every 2 hours. Apparently the green tea also acts as a diuretic and am down 2 extra lbs today.....hmmmmmm....

60 years ago I went to Silver Springs with my parents. They had the glass bottom boats. It is just the other side of Ocala and am gonna go over there this weekend. They now have a waterpark,too. Not up for that kind of stuff, but think a glass bottom ride over the spings should be fun. That's only 30 miles from home. Took DGD to Wikeewatchee Springs a few years ago and think the mermaids were the same ones I saw 60 years ago. Maybe something to you can't go back....let you know.

Lynn....the ice cream was LF and SF butter pecan that is made right there. It looked oozy yellow and I never tasted it. Dh said it was wonderful. Of course he ate the whole container. He is typical male, portion control is the container, the bag, the box!

Gotta get moving have an appointment to get hearing aids cleaned before bridge game....be back later to do personals...hugs karen3
Old 06-02-2010, 10:02 AM   #22  

Good Morning all,

It's a dreary day here. Looks like rain. It's been so hot that it's pretty welcome. Makes it a little hard to walk outside, but i'll fit a walk in sometime today, even if it's on the treadmill. Did my weights yesterday and I only do those EOD.

Lynn, I hope you get good news at the Dr. Crossing my fingers and saying a prayer.

Bobbi, Still don't know how much I weigh. I know I'm burying my head in the sand, but I never weigh when I over do. I'll weigh later, when I've lost some. Odd way I know, but ok, I'm a little odd! I just know that my clothes are not fitting.

Cathy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a great one. And no time like the present to take charge of your weight/health. Hope to see you here often. What diet are you doing?

Karen, that pool looks pretty inviting. Looks like everyone is having fun.

Z, Talk to you after you rest up a bit. Congrats for staying on your diet! That takes some will power lady!

Isabella, miss you, but I know duty calls. Just take some time for yourself and make sure you continue your exercise! You've come too far to stop now.

Rosie, How are you doing with the exercising? Do you continue when hubby is gone? I know you're determined and will do well. And cleaning inanticipation of the company is exercise!

Karen31, where are you? Now that we have you back don't disapear on us again! We must have been posting at the same time. Hope your trip is fun. How is DH doing with his diabetes? Gotten used to the diet yet?

Jess, I hate ants! We usually get them in the spring and I itch untill they are gone. I have a dog so we have to be careful what we put down for them too.

Last edited by the slim me; 06-02-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #23  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
NOT a pretty day today...
Before I forget, if anyone wants to be remembered on their birthday day, put your date in the Golden Girls Birthdays on the 50+ forum. There isn't anyone on there until mine in September (now, really, wasn't that subtle????) It's fun to get greetings!

Newbies, hello and welcome! This is a really good group...

Bobbi, you're the one who can bake and cook and then refrain! I canNOT do that! Your won't power is amazing! I drooled through all those recipes, too!

PT, have you recovered? Back to work? Pace yourself!

Isabella, I think about you all the time! Karen31, enjoy that pool! I don't expect we'll be seeing you much on here until October! Rosey, how goes it? And, finally, Lynn, good thoughts abound.

Everyone, hi....... have a good one and be safe!! All is quite well here.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #24  

Donna--- are you sure about the birthdays??? This is the list that I have been going to.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-...hday-list.html
Old 06-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #25  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Karen, I misspoke.... there isn't anyone on there for this summer, and no one new,... until ME! Your list is the same as my list!
Old 06-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #26  

Morning everyone..still raining here and boy do we need it..last night we had a mama moose and her brand new baby in our yard,he or she was so cute..i got pictures so will share when i get it figured out,all fuzzy red and knobby kneed..still doing last mint stuff like washing beding etc..and yes i exercise even when the dh isnt here..i hate it tho..i dont think i'll ever be one of those folks who learn to love exercise..lynn am thinking good thought s for you hope its good news..congrats for all the "loosers" not sure if i ahve lost any but dont trust my scale..i guess i will find out at my next dr appt..so here i sit on the puter and watching the cooking channel how dumb is that sigh i could eat it all..they are making some kind of panni with ham and sp cheese all gooey sigh bad bad rosey..lol..i have food on the brain..soo on that note im going to fold laundry..((hugs))) for all rosey
Old 06-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Everything is OK. Nodule is benign.

Lynn
Old 06-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #28  

Good news Lynn--- I was waiting to hear....
Old 06-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #29  

Great news lynn rosey
Old 06-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #30  

Great news lynn! Thanks for letting us know.
Closed Thread