Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 12:02 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

Evening all,
Hope everyone had a relaxing Mother's Day!

Now it's back to a regular schedule for a few days. Didn't eat really good most of this past week, and didn't get in enough exercise. Back to protein and broccoli tomorrow. Really don't like the feeling of being stuffed. That's the way I use to feel after every dinner. It's nice going to bed without that feeling.

I was able to paint for about 4 hours this morning before going up to folks for dinner. It felt good to work and not be interrupted. Almost finished a project. Dh was working on the blinds and left me alone. Shopping all week for a jacket wore me out. We found me a jacket and ordered pants, so I think I'm taken care of. Looking forward to a weekend trip up the coast. We just putz along.
Trish--If you're thinking of trying Wendy's plan, the book is excellent and sells on Amzn. I have to get it back from my daughter so I can read it again. I need the reinforcement from it. She makes it so clear.
Carol
Old 05-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolis60 View Post
Evening all,
Hope everyone had a relaxing Mother's Day!

Now it's back to a regular schedule for a few days. Didn't eat really good most of this past week, and didn't get in enough exercise. Back to protein and broccoli tomorrow. Really don't like the feeling of being stuffed. That's the way I use to feel after every dinner. It's nice going to bed without that feeling.

I was able to paint for about 4 hours this morning before going up to folks for dinner. It felt good to work and not be interrupted. Almost finished a project. Dh was working on the blinds and left me alone. Shopping all week for a jacket wore me out. We found me a jacket and ordered pants, so I think I'm taken care of. Looking forward to a weekend trip up the coast. We just putz along.
Trish--If you're thinking of trying Wendy's plan, the book is excellent and sells on Amzn. I have to get it back from my daughter so I can read it again. I need the reinforcement from it. She makes it so clear.
Carol
Carol I don't like that stuffed feeling either. I try not to ever eat to that point and really get mad at myself when I do it which doesn't happen that often these days. That is why I couldn't do the Miracle Diet. You had to eat if you were awake during the night and that is one habit I didn't want to get going. I couldn't eat at 3 am and go to bed. Even tried drink part of a shake and was miserable. Thanks for telling me about Wendy's book. Right now the process seems to be working for me. I finally got the scales moving again and was down 5 lbs for this week. Kind of gives the incentive I needed to keep doing what I'm doing. Although I hope to work myself back toward IE, right now I need the WW pts as a limit guideline for now. I figure if it works... go with it.

Sorry not doing individuals right now. Too much to do to get ready to leave Friday. So just a quick to everybody.

Hope everyone is doing great and had a great Mother's Day yesterday.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #63  

Height: 5'3"

Happy ? Monday all. I am working on getting more natural, fun, feel good exercise in my days now. We walked some last week with the dogs and almost granddaughter, walked at a Celtic festival, and I did the weight machines once. Not enough really. I am trying to find things to fit into my everyday life that I enjoy. I was thinking a little AM and PM yoga and a short walk around lunchtime.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:36 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 223/207/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, I have gotten my walk done, we were able to get 4 laps in just before the rain came down. I just had my breakfast and need to get out and get my chores done, then get a shower we have a funeral to go to this morning. I am trying hard to get my eating under control, its hard, but I can't see doing the walking every day and then over eating. I have been taking the med for my cholesterol for a week and so far no problems.
Good to see you all in here. the support is great and its good to see that there are so many others who are willing to do that.
Pam
Old 05-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #65  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Bonnie - you sure are on the right track with exercise. Like you, I find it much easier to do when I'm doing something I like. We bought a badminton set recently, and that game has me running all over the place, bending and stretching, and getting out of breath, lol.

Pam - awww, I'm so sorry for the loss of your DH's cousin. So young to be gone! Yes, I will keep the family in my prayers. Too sad. Speaking of sad - you may have a problem with SAD, as I do - Seasonal Affective Disorder. I have to keep lots of lights on in the winter to keep me in a happier mood. YAY for you with all the walking. Oh! I wanted to remind you that Geneen Roth is on Oprah tomorrow. Although I had trouble with the book, I do want to watch the show and maybe that will explain things better. If you remember, I was in a big funk when I was reading the book, and I think that was the problem.

Trish - Whoo hoo for the 5 pounds down! That's just wonderful! How long will you be gone? You will be missed here, my friend.

Carol - wow, I've never been to a restaurant like that, but would sure love to go! Glad you found a jacket (and pants!) that you like for riding. I've never golfed, but I know it isn't as easy as it looks, lol. My SIL Jason is a golf coach on the side, for high school students, and my grandsons are learning the game. I'm glad you're getting so much crafting done! I sat down last night and re-did a few scrapbooks pages that I had done years ago. So many more really cool embellishments and papers are available now, and my 1st pages look so basic and plain.

Doris - so funny about the peacock, lol! If it isn't yours, would the animal shelter pick it up? I'd LOVE to have it out here where I live, but would not want it to scratch my van, lol. I think most of us overate during our Mother's Day celebrations, so join the club, lol.

Coralee, Linda, Tammy, TracyWay, 2bMeAgn, and all others, a bg Hello to you!! Please pop in and say hi!

Well, the scales showed a gain on Saturday, but except for a couple extra treats on the Sunday before, I know I was OP, so I expect to show a better loss next time. Darn scales!! I started to feel down about the gain, then I gave myself the same speech I would have given to one of you, lol.

I'm working on the bio page, and should have that ready soon.

We're supposed to go to our granddaughter Makenzie and grandson Tyler's T-ball game tonight, but I think it will be rained out.

Toodles for now!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #66  

Good morning Jane and Pam and AWCA. It's a rainy morning here, which is good for the rain and the new plantings (well those whose new plants aren't still in the house on the sunny shelves.

Jane, Badmitton is a great idea! We use to love that, and crochet, but seem to have gotten away from all that as our kids aged out of it. We also have a little above ground pool off our back porch we could do beach ball volleyball as it gets warmer, but first I have to figure out how to tie the ball the the net so it doesn't fly around the yard.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:59 AM   #67  
GmaTo8

The Daily Chatters' Bio thread is stickied at the top of the Age 50+ forum page, and ready for you to copy and paste. It will be so much fun to know more about each of you!
Old 05-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 220/204/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone,

Carol: I like the feeling of not being overstuffed and not getting the resulting Acid Reflux. That's part of what's keeping me motivated since the scale isn't moving too fast.

Jane: I wish I could send you that crazy peacock! We have a feral flock that roams around here. But something is not quite right with him--the hens ignore him. He almost got caught by a coyote a few years ago, but he luckily escaped. Last year he was hanging with the juvenile males, but he's usually by himself now. I feel sorry for him, but DH layed down the law (it was only his pos work car )

It was snowing here yesterday--like a blizzard, but the snow is already gone. I'm ready for spring.

Doris
Old 05-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Well I went to the new beautician for a perm today. She charges about $10 more, but I think she just may be worth it... of course depends on how long he perm lasts. All the beauticians who gave perms before kind holds the bottle up and squirts the stuff on the curls wildly. She does like I always did when I used to do my sister's and daughter's perms. She takes her time and does each individual curl. I don't there is anyway the perm won't last. I'm going to have do my highlight in 2 or 3 weeks. She even knows my old beautician. She said the old one used to work at this new place.

So much to do to get ready to leave Friday.

Y'all have a good one.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:41 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

Evening all,
Just a quick note tonight. Thank you Jane for the sticky.

Have made it to the Y's pool two days in a row. Tomorrow I'm planning on doing the machines and walking 2 miles. Have to add bone building exercising to my plan.

Catch every one tomorrow. Past my bed time.
Carol
Old 05-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #71  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Bonnie - maybe you could put the volleyball in the top of some old pantyhose, then tie a long string to it to be tied to the net. Or maybe use a mesh potato sack. Btw, what is AWCA? I'm guess "All who" something something?

Doris - lol, your life sounds very interesting. Glad your snow isn't sticking around.

Trish - there's a lot to be said for having a stylist you trust and like. I'm lucky to have found one like that. How long will you be gone on your trip?

Carol - you are doing so well with the exercising! Bone strengthing is so important, and I know I should be doing more.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

----> Ladies, would you please go ahead and add your bios in the new thread at the top on the Age 50+ page? Just fill in the answers that you're comfortable with. I tried to make kind of general - not too invasive. I can't wait to know more about each of you.

I went to my doctor today and while I was there, I asked her for an order to get my cholesterol checked. Now that I've been OP for over 3 months, I want to make sure I'm doing ok with it.

Toodles for now,

Last edited by Jane; 05-12-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #72  

AWCA-all who come after.

The pantyhose idea was a hoot. Sadly I haven't worn then in a long time. I wear dressed once in a blue moon and if it's hot usually barelegged and if cold usually with tights.

Not much happening today. Ate too late last night because son made cookies and got deserved indigestion, then at past satisfied for lunch.

I hope the Oprah special this aftenoon I have set to tape motivates me to pay attention more.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #73  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Been awol for the past few days, one of my managers wasin the hospital and we have been covering for her, will post more soon. God BLess. Tammy
Old 05-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 220/204/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Afternoon Everyone:

Trish: I hope your perm is the way you want it. My stylist died a few months ago (so sad) so I'm going to a youngster. I really like the way she cuts my hair.

Carol: Good for you doing all that exercise!

Jane: My SIL says that we live in the wilderness--not true, but I love nature so I'm never bored. Thanks for putting up the Bio posty. I'm glad to see that you are a Disney lover like me. Do you ever get to go to WDW with the grandkids? Obviously, we go to the DLR on the west coast because it's less expensive for us. I love WDW though, we've been there 3 times.

Bonnie: I can't watch Oprah so can you keep us informed?

Tammy: Sorry to hear about your Manager; that's always stressful for everyone. Hope everything is okay.

Have a great day--what's left of it.

Doris
Old 05-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #75  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Default Thanks Doris

Our Manager, Savannah, had HIGH Blood Pressure and a fast heart rate, she has some sort of siezure at Mass Suday, and they still do not know what is the cause, they sent her home, could be the b/p mixed in with her diabetes, and bless her heart, she is a worrier. But she is being prayed for so I know she will get better.
Closed Thread