Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 07:49 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jane, I'm enjoying reading The Help, but it is pretty sad at times, and also infuriates me. I have True Colors waiting for me to read next, that is a coincidence that you're reading it too! You just have to read her Firefly Lane, as I think you'll really enjoy it. Have a fun day with Mackenzie! I wish I could get Amber interested in scrapbooking, and Carley is still too young for it.

It'll be a quiet day here, as we were out shopping most of the day yesterday. It's supposed to rain, anyway, and it's already looking gray and gloomy outside. I'll fill the day with reading and cross-stitching until the kids come over later for supper. We just got a wii with the fit plus, so I'll have to get my workout in sometime today, too, since I promised my DH that I'd do it every day.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:25 AM   #62  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just checking in to the Artsy Crafty group. This has been a major quilting month for me as I'm just finishing up my third quilt top for Victoria's Quilts. Now is the time to work on my own stuff! Yes, I know I should be taking pictures but my darned digital camera just shuts down every time I try so... I guess I could use the cell phone - Duh!

Cottage, that blouse collar job must be related to my unfinished turquoise silk shirt! I also have at least five pair of pants that need shortening. Of course, if I could drop 15 pounds I could just put them in the Goodwill box, right?

Jane, I've never done scrapbooking but just love the results. It's so nice to be teaching our grandchildren new skills. I am going to teach Tayler to knit when we are in Disney in March.

Theresa, I am about to start a baby quilt for my neighbour who is expecting in May. She was worried during the first part of her pregnancy but all is well now so.... I am working with very bright colours as I always do for baby quilts. I worked in an infant stimulation programme way back in the 60's and, even then, we knew babies need the stimulation of bright colours.

Hi to the other crafty folks. The good thing about crafts is that you can't snack while doing them, right?

Whoops! Just realized I'm not going to make it to Church for 8:30. Guess I'll have to quilt and lift up silent prayers.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 156/156/126

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Ruth: Glad to hear all is well with your neighbor's pregnancy. I attempted to place a photo of my quilt, but I need to have more posts before it will allow me to do so.

Wishing all a very lovely day.
Theresa
Old 01-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #64  
GmaTo8

Hello all,

Linda - I'll have to look for Firefly Lane and add it to my stash. I actually begin to panic if I think I'm running out of books to read, lol. How's it going with the Wii Fit? Once I found out that it posts your weight to the tv screen, I knew that wasn't for me, lol.

Ruth - good to see you back here! A big YAY for you, doing all those quilt tops for charity. Yes, crafting sure does require clean fingers, so that helps keep us OP, lol. Disney will be very busy in March with all the spring break people, so maybe you can knit while you wait in line. My DGD's other grandma are teaching them to knit, since I'm such a doofus at it, lol.

Teresa - be sure and share the photo with us when you can!

I have to admit that I frittered away the day with not much to show for it. Maybe we all need a day like that once in awhile, huh?

Tomorrow I have an eye exam. Either I need new glasses, or have the beginnings of cataracts, or both, since I often have blurry vision. I checked my sugar to make sure that wasn't a factor, since so many of my family members are diabetic. So far, so good.

Toodles,

Last edited by Jane; 01-25-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:01 PM   #65  
Happy Member

Hi, Crafty Crafters:

I've been a bit too busy with my volunteer work recently. This makes it difficult to do any of my craft work.

However it is nice to keep busy. When I am busy it is easier to keep my hands out of the cookie jar.

Now that January is winding down we can look toward February and all the Valentines. February is always a fun month, isn't it?

Let's keep doing the best we can.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:51 AM   #66  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Jo - I like February since, for one thing, it means January is GONE and for another, we are just that much closer to Spring! I've got my valentines bought for my honey and for the grandchildren. How are the new cats getting along by now?

Hello to anyone reading this.

No cataracts here, thank goodness. But my right eye has improved, so I've ordered a new pair of glasses. None of that convenient 1 hour stuff for me, though, since I need progressive no-line bifocals. More like 2 - 3 weeks, they said.

I've been doing only so-so with the food, and can't seem to get a firm grip on staying OP.

It is cold but sunny here, so I will count my blessings.

Have a good day!
Old 01-28-2010, 08:21 AM   #67  
Come on Spring!

Well, quilting should certainly help my staying on track. I worked until nearly eight last night. I had my Block of the Month class in the morning and signed up for a Saturday/Sunday class. I will be making a quilt for ME which is a first. It has 80 strips of assorted batiks that need to be cut into 8", 4" and 1½" squares and I'm nearly done. Then I tackle the plainer fabric which has about the same number of squares.

On Saturday, we all bring out machines to class and sew all day, leave the machines there and come back Sunday at 9. I hope I can stand it.

Just found out my neighbour will be having a girl and have to decide if I am going to make her a pretty, pretty quilt instead of the bright and splashy one I did this week. I know that babies like and need bright shapes and colours but also know that Danielle is very old-fashioned and traditional. Lots of time as the babe isn't coming until the end of May.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:28 AM   #68  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Ruth - yay for you, finally making a quilt for yourself! Do you use a rotary cutter when cutting so many pieces? I'd love to see the batiks. About your new neighbor arriving in May, probably any gift you give to the baby will be very much appreciated and loved.

I've been reading Michael Pollen's book, Food Rules and really like his ideas. Most of them are things we already know, but don't stop to think about.

Today is sunny, but cold, again. I'll give thanks for the sun.

Have a good day!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:57 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies,

A quick flyby. Sorry I haven't been here much. I have been mostly lurking all over the place here at 3FC. I'm trying to get back in the loop of my low carb dieting along with IE which I seem to have worked out at the moment. It will work if I work it.

Ruth - Hi! I remember you from SBD when I was doing it for a while. Have thought of going back on it but don't like using no fat products. I've thought of trying it with lowfat. Do you know anyone who does that and if it works? Any way glad to see you here. I remember you being one busy lady and I see you quilt too. You go girl. You are an inspiration.

I need to get some projects going. I've thought about making things for the kids for Christmas next year and we have a new grandson, Tony's DD, on the way. He will make his entrance to this world some time in April or May. I need to think about making something for when he gets here.

I will try to get here more often. Just seem to be so busy lately. I need to be exercising, however, hoping that moving around more helps.

All of you having all the cold, ice/snow etc that we are supposed to get tomorrow and Saturday...Y'ALL STAY WARM AND DRY AND SAFE!!!

Y'all have a great day.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 156/156/126

Height: 5' 2"

Patty: I think your idea of low carb and low fat rather then no fat is very workable. That's what I did to lose my weight and I continue to do in order to maintain.

Today, I went to a quilt shop and left without making a purchase. The cost was twice what I pay on line for fabric.

Anyone here order most of their fabric on the Internet?
Theresa
Old 01-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #71  

Thanks Theresa.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:53 AM   #72  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Trish - new babies are so sweet! There are so many cool projects for accessories for them. What did you have in mind? A blanket? I'm amazed at the many different patterns of fleece available for the tied-edges type of blankets. I have good days and bad days OP. I have noticed a pattern though, that when it's sunny, I feel better and eat less than when it's dreary.
[B]

Teresa - I have never even thought of ordering fabric online! What are some of your favorite places?

Hello to anyone reading this!

Today DGD Madison is coming after school, and is staying until Sunday evening. We are going to be planning our herb garden and diagramming the space for the veggies we want to plant. Neal always puts out a huge garden, but this year, Madi and I are going to take over some of it. She will help me cook this weekend, too, and does a great job for a 7 year old.

Have a good day, ladies.

Last edited by Jane; 01-29-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #73  

Good Morning Ladies,

Jane Not sure what I want to make the baby. I thought I would go to the hobby shop and see what they have. Our Walmart does not carry much and I think I'll get better ideas there. My OP has been helter skelter. I have decided today to go on SBD, but do it lowfat. I don't like going no fat. I don't really use that much fat any way.Theresa helped me with that decision. I like having the structure. You and Madi have a great fun week end.

Everybody else

Y'all have a great week end.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:20 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi girls! I just realized I haven't checked in here all week.

Trish, the SBD isn't a no fat diet. In fact, healthy fats are an important part of the plan. If you go into the SBD forum, you'll find the updated food lists stickied in the FAQ section, and you'll see a listing of the fats we're allowed. Also, your dairy and cheese can be either lowfat or nonfat. Good luck, and I hope to see you back.

Jane, I'm really enjoying my Wii Fit, and I'm getting better and better with it every day. You don't have to have it weigh you if you don't want to, but it's kept completely private. You'll be assigned a password so only you can access it. I'm having fun with it, it's more like playing than working out.

Hiya, Ruth! I didn't know you visited over here, too!

I've been reading the book The Help, and I can hardly put it down. So that's how I've been spending my spare time. I have today off, and made myself do my workout and clean the house before I gave myself permission to curl up on the couch and read for the rest of the afternoon, and I'll probably finish it by this evening.

It is absolutely freezing here! Here it is, the middle of the day, and we're barely at 20*. Come on, Spring!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:25 PM   #75  
Come on Spring!

Cottage, thanks for piping up about SBD.

I am all set for the quilting marathon that starts at 1 tomorrow afternoon. I have cut 2,569 pieces and that doesn't count the binding. Rotary cutter? You bet! Could not be without a couple of them.

The great thing about quilting is that I work right up to mealtimes and definitely don't even think of snacks.
Closed Thread