Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 07:13 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Cottage Thanks. I realized that when I looked at the foods we can eat on SBD. I have both books and had read them but I guess I had forgotten that he does allow good fats which I use any way. Don't know why I thought otherwise. I don't like using margarine, but figure they have a low calorie whipped butter that I can use althought I don't use butter much any way. Even though I have the book, I went over and read the thread and got lots of good info there which is easier than reading the books again.

I started SBD Phase 1 today. I've been doing more of an Atkins thing, but I do miss my oatmeal and I look forward to having it when I get to Phase 2 in 2 weeks. Thanks again.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:08 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Trish, I'm glad you understand it now. Good luck on Phase 1. To make it a lot easier for you and make it go faster, it really helps to make up your menus in advance and include a variety of yummy recipes. Just take it one day at a time, and before you know it your 2 weeks will be over and you can have your oatmeal again. That's what I always miss the most when I redo Phase 1, too.

It sure does look and feel like snow, but we're only supposed to get flurries or a light dusting while the bulk of the snowstorm stays south of us. It's so cold out that it made my eyes water just running to and from the car while running errands this morning. I don't plan to go out anymore today, and am looking forward to starting a new jigsaw puzzle this afternoon, a Thomas Kincaid one this time. Monica and Carley may come out later today, so I think I'll make a meatloaf for supper for them.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #78  
GmaTo8

Just a quick hello from me. Madison is here, and we've been planning our herb garden, and finding recipes online with herbs in them. She, Neal, and I are playing Clue soon.

I'll check back in when I have more time. Hope you're all having a good weekend!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:58 AM   #79  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Trish - the hobby store is bound to have many supplies for whatever project you decide on for the baby. The nearest hobby store to me is about an hour away, and that may be a good thing, lol.

Linda - I really liked that book, too. Neal is a jigsaw nut, and buys them in bulk at auctions. Once in awhile there will be a piece missing, but that doesn't seem to bother him. It has been so very cold here, too, but warmer temps are on there way tomorrow. Yay!

Ruth - how's the quilting for the marathon going? How many people are a part of this? Sounds like a lot of fun!

Hello to anyone reading this.

Nothing much going on for me today. I need to go to town for fresh groceries, and go online to pay some 1st of the month bills, but that's about it. I'm going to pick up some kale and try it baked with a little evoo and sea salt that people have been raving about. I just can't imaging it would be all that good, but I'm going to give it a try.

Have a good day!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Just checking in really quick to say hello. Nothing going on. We had snow and everything pretty much shuts down here. We didn't even have church service because we temperarily meet in a school right now. Some of the snow melted today, but suppose to wake up to icy rain tomorrow so may be staying home this week. May have the same weather next weekend that we had this week. Hope everyone in the same situation is staying warm. That's what I'm working at doing myself.

Later
Old 02-02-2010, 01:32 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies,
It's been a while since I posted, but I've been reading the posts. Been busy with my painting orders. Working on light switch covers this week.

Lost 2 pounds and then I found 1.5 again today. We did eat about 7:30 last night and that's a couple hours past dinner time, so hoping it won't stick as long as it usually does.

We've had sunny days, but expect rain on Thursday. I'll check back in a few days.

Carolis
Old 02-02-2010, 06:51 PM   #82  

The groundhog said 6 more weeks of winter, and we have 3 snowstorms headed our way. That can't stop my thoughts turning towards spring, though, and thoughts of our veggie garden. Jake and I have been planning it all out, and we picked up a few packets of seeds the other day. Just looking at them makes me happy. I can wait to get out there with the sun on my back and my hands in the soil.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:22 AM   #83  
GmaTo8

Hello all,

Trish - did you get the icy rain? If so, be careful! Our temps have been near 40, so I'm sending that your way.

Carol - you are a busy lady with your painting! I bet the light switch covers are so pretty. Some pounds are like bad pennies - they just insist on turning up again. Hopefully, you will dodge them PDQ.

Linda - planning a garden sure does help boost our spirits! What kind of seeds did you get, and do you start your plants indoors? I think somewhere you mentioned kale krispies, right? I had them for the 1st time a couple of nights ago, and m-m-m they are so good and crunchy!

I did something new yesterday. I bought clear boxy containers to place on my refrigerator shelves so I can slide them out when I need something and not have to stand on my head for the bottom shelves. I have all of my salad fixin's in one, and wow, that is really convenient!

Nothing special going on today for me. I hope you have a good one!
Old 02-03-2010, 08:33 AM   #84  

I'm just sitting down to a hot bowl of oatmeal after shoveling out the driveway and sidewalk. Mmmmmm, good!
I have a short day at work today, and the rest of the week off. I was thinking of going over to my DD's in NJ for the weekend, but another snowstorm is supposed to get us, so I'd better stay put. At least I'll have plenty of time for cross-stitching, working on puzzles, and reading. Oh, yeah, and exercising, too.

Jane, I like to buy seedlings for the garden, as I'm impatient and like to see instant results, but we did get some radish, beet, carrot, yellow wax bean and Swiss chard seeds. I'm looking forward to Spring when the nurseries start putting out their seedlings. Jake is making covers for the raised beds to turn them into a mini hothouse.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #85  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Raised beds are the way to go. Cottage saw mine being built last June. It worked out really well and produced huge crops. I had Swiss chard right into December. I can hardly wait to get out there and plant this year. I plan to cover it with a sheet of Plexi-Glass on cold nights.

The quilt marathon was great! There were six of us in the class and I was darned glad all my cutting was done. Some of the chicks had not even started that and were pretty frustrated by the end of Day 1. I got quite a bit done in class on Sunday and have been working away on it here at home. The batik fabric is wonderful to work with - it's gorgeous and feels just like paper for joining seams. I hope my camera is working soon so I can post a picture once I put the 80 blocks together.

By the way, all this quilting is helping the food problem. My ticker is finally telling the truth.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:05 PM   #86  
GmaTo8

Ladies, I have had more than one private comment that members don't feel comfortable posting in this thread if they have set aside their quilting/crafting for awhile. Since we don't want them to stay away, I am going to change the name of this thread to simply "Age 50+ Daily Chat". Along with our weight loss efforts, we can chat about our quilting, crafts, daily lives, etc.

Any time spent with our fingers on the keyboard is time spent with them out of the cookie jar!

Please join me at the new thread.
Closed Thread