Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #106  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Trish - sounds like you have a couple new incentives to lose the weight! How exciting to be getting a new grandson! So sorry about your stepmom, and sorry, too, for your dad having to relive all the feelings that goes along with it. Maybe you could go spend a few days with him - that would sure lift his spirits, and yours, too. If you cut down your pc time, I hope this is one place you'll still visit often!

Kris - yay for the new iron. I bought an extra one that doesn't have steam holes in it for when I iron appliques and such. It also does not shut off automatically and I like that when I'm doing a project. I don't knit, but I sure admire those of you that do!

Carol - A big Whoo Hoo for another 1.5 pounds down!! That's great! You reminded me of something - I once told a young receptionist at a hotel desk that I hoped my room was ready since I'd been shopping all day and my dogs were barking. She said, "Ma'am, we do NOT allow pets in this hotel!" lol. I had to explain what I really meant, lol. YAY for you being on the same phone company as your friend. You can just talk up a storm now! How are the ornaments coming along?

Well, the grandkids got the cookies decorated last night. They did a good job, but some of the cookies have an awful lot of stuff on top, lol.

Today I'm getting my hair trimmed and touched up, and also getting a few more things ready for our celebration tomorrow night.

Have a great day!
Old 12-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

Carol - A big Whoo Hoo for another 1.5 pounds down!! That's great! You reminded me of something - I once told a young receptionist at a hotel desk that I hoped my room was ready since I'd been shopping all day and my dogs were barking. She said, "Ma'am, we do NOT allow pets in this hotel!" lol. I had to explain what I really meant, lol. YAY for you being on the same phone company as your friend. You can just talk up a storm now! How are the ornaments coming along?

Morning Jane,
Too funny! I guess you have to have age to understand about our dogs barking!

Oh my!! My friend and I talked for 30 minutes last night! I had to let her go so she could get her jamies on and I could fix dinner. Being two hours different, sometimes is a problem. We'll keep the phone wires busy now.

I called her this morning and walked her through how to add smilies to a new post. Someone was nice yesterday and told me how to do it. Lots to learn.

After we get familiar with all this, I would like to learn how to "quote" in my posts. It sounds confusing. For now I have to write everybody down on a sticky note so I can remember who said what. Does that make sense?

Not quite done on the ornaments, going to try and finish them today or....tomorrow. Just detail work but it goes fast. I'm working on seven of them so I'll have extra. Not going to stress over it, if I don't get them done, I'll give them theirs next week. But I'm not going to be late next year. Planning on doing them in January so I don't have to do this again. Too many things get in the way this time of year. To much running around.

Oh what fun! Decorated cookies! Loved doing that when the kids were little. The more sprinkles, the better, right? The kids sure have fun with those sprinkles! Hope you took pictures for memories!! I have a picture of our twin grand daughters decorating cup cakes for the first time. I think they were about two? They had a ball. They're sitting up on the kitchen counter. They were to short (dangerous too) to stand on a chair and decorate them. Now they're 13. Times a flying!

Everyone have a great day and think positive thoughts!

See ya lighter.
Carol
Old 12-23-2009, 04:33 PM   #108  
cajungirl64

S/C/G: 181/174/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Hi everyone, My name is Linda and I am a newbie to forums We moved here to Louisiana from California five years ago. Lots of rain here about 56-60 inches a year. I love gardening and sewing and embroidery. We have 4 adorable hens who are very spoiled, Charlotte, Savannah, Henrietta and Carol Ann I hope to hear from you.
I'm happy to be here with everyone. I just hope I don't get to confused and get lost?
Bye for now,
Blessings
Linda
Old 12-23-2009, 09:48 PM   #109  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Carol - to quote someone, just hit the quote button in the lower right hand corner of the post they made. But really, in a group this small, you wouldn't have to do that. Just hit the "Post Reply" button in the lower left hand corner of the page, because it scrolls down for us, so we can go back and see what others said as we type our reply. Don't use "Quick reply" box, because that option doesn't let us scroll. As I'm typing this now, I can scroll down and see all the posts on this page. I didn't take pics of the kiddos, but Katie did. She is a good photographer, and so I left it to her. I haven't seen them yet. Good for you, resolving to get your ornaments for next year done early. I'd love to see a photo of some of them. hint, hint

Linda - to our little corner of 3FC! To be sure to find us, you could bookmark this forum in your favorites list. Just a thought. I have a lot of the same interests as you, including raising chickens. We had a weasel or something kill them all, including my prize rooster, Rico, and we just never did replace them. By the way, I have a niece named Carol Ann. We try and have lunch together once a month. Anyway, I look forward to knowing you better.

Hello to anyone reading this!

Tomorrow I will be busier than a one-armed wall-paper hanger, and I'm not sure I'll be able to check in. It's our Christmas celebration, and although I've done a lot of the work already, there are lots of last minute things to be done. So I'll say to you now..

Merry Christmas

May you and yours have a blessed day.

Last edited by Jane; 12-23-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:43 AM   #110  
cajungirl64

Hi Jane,
Thanks for the welcome, I hope to get to know you better also. Sorry about your chickens, I know that must have been a sad time. I really enjoy the hens and of course their eggs. Oh my, that is so neat you having a neice with the name Carol Ann. Have a Merry Christmas.
Blessings,
Linda
Old 12-24-2009, 07:34 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Linda

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!
Old 12-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #112  
cajungirl64

Thanks Trish for the welcome. Merry Christmas.
Linda
Old 12-26-2009, 11:54 AM   #113  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Linda - you said it - those fresh eggs are soooo good! You just can't get them like that in the grocery stores.

Trish - I hope you had a good day yesterday with Tony.

Hello to anyone reading this!

Yesterday was a quiet one here. We did our big celebration Christmas Eve, and our son and 1 daughter that were going to be here yesterday were both sick with the intestinal flu. Both are much, much better today.

I am one of those people that take down the Christmas decorations right away, and that's what I've been doing today, but wanted to take a break to pop in and say hello.

Did anyone go to the big sales today? I use to go to them, but not anymore.

Have a good Saturday.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #114  

Jane Sorry your kids were sick on Christmas Day what a bummer. Glad they are feeling better today. Tony and I enjoyed our day. Christmas eve was his birthday so we went out to eat and finished off gift card his son gave us last year. I'm doing low carb/IE combo and decided to eat a planned off meal of Coconut chicken since I love it, but won't make that a place we will go back to eat. Too expensive. Usually go out for a good steak for "special" occasions. I didn't eat the bread and had a low carb Cauliflower Au Gratin that was very good. I also ate off yesterday again planned. I ended up with a loss of 4 lbs this week instead of 5. No whoo rah's because recycled lbs off so not in virgin weight territory yet. However the plus is that I didn't gain during Christmas. Now just to just keep going down. I hope. I would love to lose 3 lbs by the 1st if possible to get below a certain point, but don't know if that is possible. We will see. However, I've decided that staying where I am or any loss will be acceptable and a real accomplishment for me. Have to get my mind set around the idea that a Holiday doesn't always mean I have to eat off or eat some sort of dessert.

DD in FL called us yesterday. Remember she had such a cut in salary and no bonus this year so they couldn't come for Christmas. The children cried because they wanted to come so badly. DGD, Hannah cried on the phone begging her Mama to take her to see us. Got to Tony and me. So we may end up taking the money we don't need to spend and see if they want to come and we pay for the gasoline. She mentioned in passing that they thought about coming this Tuesday as she and her DH are on vacation. So not sure what will transpire today. I think Tony will call them this afternoon and see.

I think we are going to take down all the decorations except our little tree unless the children come. We have a beautiful little tree that can't be replaced. We've looked. It has fruit on it and was a fiberoptic tree which doesn't work any more. We love the tree so much that we just put a bunch (Tony doesn't do anything half way with lights) of blinking Christmas lights on it so we can keep using it. Any way, we just put it in a big trash bag and store it in my closet. Everything else has to be boxed and stored in the garage. So the garage things will be packed up today and stored. We will continue to enjoy the little one and put it away New Year's Day.

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday. Y'all have a nice week end everybody.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 12-26-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:00 PM   #115  
GmaTo8

It's quiet around here... I'm thinking we will all have more time, and be more health-minded after the new year.

Trish - will the DGD be able to come and see you after all? I hope so! All of our decorations are down, and I have to admit I'm glad to get my regular decorations back! I put the Fall things up in Sept, so it's been awhile since I'd seen some of the regular things, lol.

I've got the Colson girls for 3 days, and am in my glory! Their brothers couldn't be here, because they are with their biological mother. I'll have the boys over New Year's though, while the girls are with their bio dad. Gets confusing!

My crafting project has been helping Madison with tying the edges of a blanket her other grandma gave her for Christmas.

Toodles for now!
Old 12-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #116  

Hello all,
It's a quiet day here, overcast and grey. Nice day to stay inside and paint. Finishing up projects I had to stop in the middle of before Christmas. Feels good to get some closure.

Went and had a test on my shortness of breath this morning. Took dh with me so he could watch. Lady was very nice. Had to suck it in and blow it out a few times. She gave me a breathing treatment, but that didn't help the numbers much. She thinks I should try to keep my walking on flat surfaces and not try to speed it up for a fast walk. She couldn't tell me much....she's not the DR. But she did tell me my breathing problem is with the lungs. Hmmmm? Asthma? Valley Fever? No telling, guess we'll have to run some more tests.

At least I know that it's not my fault now. I really have to push it to keep up with the family when we go out on hikes. I just thought I was out of shape, so I'd try to push the limits to expand the lungs. I would get out of breath so fast. Hope to get to the bottom of this soon.

They have ruled out the heart, that looks good. Just made another appointment with reg. Dr for Feb to see what she thinks of results. Trying to get to the bottom of this. So for now...it's just a regular walking speed when I go for a walk. Darn! I was trying to speed it up to burn more calories!!

Hey....I lost 1 more pound this morning!! I'm going into new waters for the first time in 2 years.

I think I've started to lose the larger portion servings. Don't need as much to fill me up.

Oh, I see the sun through the clouds. Nice and bright for a few minutes.

Everyone have a great Monday!!
carol
Old 12-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #117  

Jane - Yes DGD is going to get to come after all. They will be here tomorrow night around 6 or 7 pm and they plan to leave Sunday morning early to go back home. Christmas decor still up at request of DD and the Grans will help DH take everything down Friday or Saturday. I too am so ready to get things back to normal.

Carol - I pray that the problem is fixable. Just glad it isn't your heart. You take it easy and do just what you can do. I have heard so much of what I should and should not do. Now, I'm learning to do what is right for me. I can't do exercise like others do because of my back, so I'm learning that it is a great accomplishment for me to be moving and do the exercises that I can do.

Well we managed to get the last 2 packages and other packets mailed today. Tony does special calendars each year for his deceased wife's family and mine with personal birthdays and anniversaries on them. Had to get those mailed. Then went to Wally World to get things for when the kids get here. Needless to say low carb is out the window at least until they leave. Meat is not something I can buy a lot of for everybody. I got up this morning and had oatmeal with yogurt and blueberries. I really do miss that. If I can do well during the time they are here, I just may stick with plain IE. We'll see. I would still love to lose that pesky 3 lbs by the 1st, but don't think it's happening. I will be happy if I get on the scales the Monday after they leave and I weigh what I weighed this morning.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:00 PM   #118  

Carol - I pray that the problem is fixable. Just glad it isn't your heart. You take it easy and do just what you can do. I have heard so much of what I should and should not do. Now, I'm learning to do what is right for me. I can't do exercise like others do because of my back, so I'm learning that it is a great accomplishment for me to be moving and do the exercises that I can do.

Thanks Trish,
I don't know if it's fixable, but at least I want to find out just how much I can do without any problems. What I'm suppose to expect. I was trying to walk 3 miles in 45 minutes every day, but I really have to huff it to make that. I guess I could take an hour. I just thought speeding it up would burn more calories. I have always pushed myself and would come home exhausted, sweating, and out of breath. I thought that was the norm.

At least I can do the water aerobics and not over do it. That's more like...range of motion. I feel great after wards. But I don't feel I get my heart rate up for the 20 minutes to be able to burn any amount of calories.

Oh well, just got to plan on doing what I can. Even if I slow my exercise down, I'll still be getting more than just sitting home painting on my wood. Sometimes, I just need to get outside and walk around the neighborhood.

Carol
Old 12-29-2009, 09:53 AM   #119  
cajungirl64

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :
JANE: I do the same thing..I take all the Christams decorations down the day after Christams.

CAROL: I think I found the pound you lost!! Keep me posted to your results with your Dr. ok?

TO ALL OF YOU: May you have a very blessed New Year 2010!
Linda
Old 12-29-2009, 10:52 AM   #120  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Hi everyone!

Carol - I sure hope you find out what the problem is...I have this same problem...with me it is asthma brought on by a bronchitis that I ignored 10 years ago. That is why I'm being so careful this time with the bronchitis.

Another reason - I unknowingly hold my breath! Especially when it comes to exercise - go figure! I have to purposely remember to breath! I know, I'm weird!

Getting back on track after finding your pounds you are loosing Carol, yep, I'm a pack rat too! I just have to remember - you don't need that, pass it up, don't pick it up!

Have a GREAT day everyone!
Closed Thread