Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #46  
GmaTo8

Me, reporting my weigh-in. After staying OP all week, I lost a whopping .6 of a pound. Hopefully, the rest of the loss will show up next week.

Institches - I'll be glad to get my dvd and start in the correct way with the weights. Hmmm... I'll have to check out the ChaLean Extreme. Your kids sound like my kids at family dinners. They'll ask, "This isn't DIET, is it?!?" I have to admit, at times I've alluded that certain dishes were regular, when in fact, they were a lightened version. Like you, I send leftovers home with the kids. Have fun with your nephew this weekend. And the parents, too, of course.

DGD Madison is spending staying over with us. She helped me make a tied-edge blanket (see the crafter's thread for a photo) and is my little cooking helper, too. We had the turkey club wrap from the Healthy Girl Cookbook. Some of those recipes are hardly considered healthy in my book, but this one is.

Have a good Saturday!
Old 10-24-2009, 02:09 PM   #47  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I weighed in this morning too after staying on plan all week and never lost anything. So Jane, your 0.6 pound sounds good to me. I thought I'd have lost over a pound as I was doing some challenge exercises from the biggest loser thread but not to be this week...sigh... But I have the satisfaction of knowing it was nothing I did wrong.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Jane-enjoy your time with your Madison, they are so much fun, and sounds like you had a wonderful time. I know it's not much, but it is a loss, and I'm sure the scale will be much nicer next week.

retiredone-I know that darn scale, next week will be better!

Well heavy sigh...I thought I was done with my monthly visitor, but NOOO...but I still had a great day, did my CHX and was able to stay OP, even with the tempting pizza and lemon pie on the dinner menu. Did not get to do any yard work, due to a very rainy day, the temps were in the low 70's but too hard to rake in a downpour, maybe tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #49  
GmaTo8

Hello all,

retiredone - you are so right when you say at least we have the satisfaction of knowing we did nothing wrong to prevent a better weight loss. That's something, at least. We can hope for a bigger loss Saturday.

Institches - what a great job you did, passing up the pizza and pie! Sorry about your monthly visitor. I don't miss Aunt Flo one bit, lol. I checked my email for notification about shipping of the dvd I order, and it said not until the 29th. Glad I checked, or I'd have been looking for it tomorrow.

Trish, MBN and others - hope you're having a good day.

Today Madison and I have been making s/f finger jello, using cute miniature cookie cutters, and playing board games.

Will any of you have a challenge getting through Halloween? I live so far out in the country that the only trick-or-treaters will be the grands, so it isn't a problem for me.

Later,
Old 10-25-2009, 03:41 PM   #50  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Pop-in to say hello, and I hope everyone had a great weekend.

We were busy with church activities all weekend. Thankfully, I was able to walk to many of them, so I did get in some exercise. And I found time for a weight workout this afternoon

I'm off to finish cooking for the week.

Laurie
Old 10-25-2009, 06:11 PM   #51  
Isabella

My biggest downfall at Halloween are the miniature bags of chips that come in huge boxes. I always buy 3 or 4 boxes to give to the kids and end up buying more because I've eaten so many I don't have enough to give out. But this year I bought individual rice krispie treats and the box isn't even open. I like the rk treats but not enough to open the box and indulge.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #52  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I've had a very quiet weekend as DH has been away for work. Looking forward to home being home in an hour or so. Also looking forward to watching the finale of "So You Think You Can Dance Canada" tonight as one of our local girls is in it (and we know her family), so it makes it more exciting.

I had a pretty crappy week eating wise. No sooner did I post that I was cruising along on auto-pilot and doing well and the cravings hit and I was awful all week (and have a 2 pound gain to prove it ). This week it is back to basics of writing everything down. We have a vacation coming up to Mexico in a couple of weeks, and I want to be down as much as possible before that.

I only buy Halloween candy that I don't particularly like. Usually it is the big mixed bag of sour candies. Those don't call my name at all.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:39 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy Lynn View Post
I've had a very quiet weekend as DH has been away for work. Looking forward to home being home in an hour or so. Also looking forward to watching the finale of "So You Think You Can Dance Canada" tonight as one of our local girls is in it (and we know her family), so it makes it more exciting.

I had a pretty crappy week eating wise. No sooner did I post that I was cruising along on auto-pilot and doing well and the cravings hit and I was awful all week (and have a 2 pound gain to prove it ). This week it is back to basics of writing everything down. We have a vacation coming up to Mexico in a couple of weeks, and I want to be down as much as possible before that.

I only buy Halloween candy that I don't particularly like. Usually it is the big mixed bag of sour candies. Those don't call my name at all.
Judy Lynn You are not alone. In fact I almost decided not to write anything and I saw your post. I did great the first part of the week and I blew the whole weekend and I too have gain a couple of lbs this week.

I'm hoping to get back on track tomorrow with diet and exercise and shoot for a good week and weekend.

Hope everyone is doing fine.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #54  
GmaTo8

Hello,

Laurie - what a great time of year to enjoy outdoor walking. I bet the leaves are just gorgeous up in Michigan right now.

Retiredone - great Halloween strategy! I don't care for those store-bought rc treats, either, but the homemade ones are a weakness of mine. I don't even make them anymore, but will sometimes pinch a piece at a church carry-in.

Judy - how did the local girl do on the show? Hope she won! Anytime I've thought I can just wing my eating plan w/o writing it down, I've gone completely off program, so I sure understand your thinking with that. Mexico - how fun! What part will you be visiting? I've only been as far as Tijuana, but had fun shopping there.

Trish - we've been friends for a long time now, and I just know you'd tell me that today is a new day, with a clean slate, so I'm telling you that, too. ((hug)) All of us here will help you stay OP. Just keep coming back to the boards for encouragement, ok?

I had a good, OP weekend, and am ready for this new week. We have walnut trees in the backyard, and I want to rake them today. There are so many, a person can barely walk through. That will be my exercise today.

What have you planned for the day? Whatever it is, have a good one!
Old 10-26-2009, 10:29 AM   #55  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

Trish, C'mon let's get back on track together TODAY! I have already had my healthy breakfast, and written down the calories. How are you doing?

Jane, Yes! Our girl won! She is so cute, and a fantastic dancer. My son played hockey with her brother, so we don't know her that well but her family is very nice. Her mother is a single parent and they always had to struggle, so it is very nice to see her win the $100,000 and the car.

We are going to Cancun with our grown sons who now live on the other side of the country. I am looking forward to spending a week with them of R&R.

Have a good day everyone. And let's make this week a good one!
Old 10-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy Lynn View Post
Trish, C'mon let's get back on track together TODAY! I have already had my healthy breakfast, and written down the calories. How are you doing?
I'm with you Judy Lynn. I wanted to start The Metabolism Miracle Diet on January 1st because Step 1 is for 8 weeks. I headed for bed early this morning after writing you guys and thought, "why wait?". We have company coming for the holidays and that had been my reason. I got my calendar out and found out if I started today, that I would be ready to start Step 2 the Monday of Christmas week. I don't know if I will lose much between now and then, but it would be nice to lose something between now and then. Carbs are limited to 5 carbs every 5 hours for 8 weeks and goes up to more during Step 2. So this morning I got up weighed and measured myself and I am not supposed to weigh again for 8 weeks and can measure in 4 weeks. I will probably weigh when I measure in 4 weeks. I notice on the MM site on a low carb site seem to do that. I took the first day plan out of the book and made a few adjustments on the allowed veggies and had an OP breakfast and I have my plan for the day written out. I also decided to start day one with my exercises and I've done that already as well. It takes about an hour to do so will probably do it 4 days a week M,T,Th&F with a shorter one thrown in on Wednesday and Saturday. It is time to get serious about this and JUST DO IT.

Jane You are right. That is exactly what I would have said to you dear friend. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:04 PM   #57  
Isabella

When you've had a bad day or week, that's the most important time to post about it. Something about typing out what the week was like is almost medicinal and curative. It certainly helps me.

I'm hearing you Jane, on the homemade Rice Krispie Treats. I've been known to put my head in the pot and lick it clean after making them.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:48 PM   #58  

I'm glad to say that I've had a good 1st day OP. Have had a headache off and on this evening, but that is part of the 1st 3 days detox period. I have my plan for tomorrow already written out so I'm ready to go. Planning ahead and writing it down definitely makes things easier.

Till tomorrow.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:08 AM   #59  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

I was sorta-MOP for the weekend, if that makes sense. I took a vacation day yesterday to make a long weekend (I have some days to burn, and we have to use-or-lose them by the end of January). For some reason it's much easier to stay on-plan at work, than at home, with the kitchen and refrigerator SO handy. And I tend to eat to avoid getting started on housework. I did avoid the junk food and ate all on-plan food, just too much of it. <sigh> I don't think I exceeded my total calorie burn, but I didn't manage a deficit either. You'd think with all of the running that I do, that I would lose weight - but I can out-eat ANY amount of exercise!!

I was good with exercise, with a 5 mile run on Saturday, a 16 mile long run on Sunday, and another easy 5 miler yesterday. I TRIED to go to the gym for lifting class Saturday morning - waited 20 minutes for the group ex instructor -- only to be finally told that they weren't going to teach that class at that time anymore, so sorry! grrr. Then I tried to go to boot camp class yesterday morning (since I was off), only to find out that THIS instructor had just called in sick and couldn't find anyone to cover her class! GRRR. Twice in a row! So I did the next best thing to avoid housework AND refrigerator - I went shopping! DS#2 needed some dress clothes and I had a list of errands to run anyway.

Back totally on plan today ....
Old 10-27-2009, 08:47 AM   #60  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

I had a good first day back OP yesterday too. Just over 1300 calories, which is right within my range. I have some food prepared to take to work today, so I am set. I'm with you Trish, Just Do It!

Have to run and get ready for work. Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread