Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:26 PM   #16  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Jane, My eyes won't get much better, this is an ongoing thing. I had cateract surgery this summer on both eyes {I'm 40}. They replaced my lenses with perscription lenses so I don't need contacts anymore and I'm supposed to get bifocals with a little correction in the top and readers in the bottom. {I've worn readers for years} I like to tell {warn, LOL} people about my vision so they don't think I'm rude if they wave {or something} and I don't wave back. Sadly most of my spelling or typing mistakes are my own and I can't blame them on my vision.

Apparently, since I made the log cabin quilt before digital cameras I never took a picture of it to share. This is a link to a Christmas Log Cabin I made for my mother out of E. Burns Still Stripping book http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/j...asLogCabin.jpg

And this is a link to the Mother and Child quilt that I made for myself. http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/j...erandChild.jpg

I finished crocheting a sweater vest today, sewed it up tried it on and it looks horrible! I'm discouraged; but not discouraged enough that I'm not looking for my next project. I'll unravel later.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 210/210/174

Height: 5'4"

WOW, I just love having found this thread. I am a quilter / crocheter, fabric postcard maker, and I also make my own knitted dish clothes, but that is as far as I go with knitting. I used to decorate cakes, but I now limit this to family members only.

If anyone would like to see any of my quilts, I will post a link to my photobucket for you to look at. I recently have begun machine frame quilting, and am hoping to get a larger machine for my frame soon. I currently have been using my janome 6600 on my frame. Currently I have a lap quilt that I made for a friend who's cancer has come out of remission, and has recently began treatments again on my frame, and hope to quilt it this week-end.

Wilma
Old 10-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #18  
GmaTo8

Penguin - oh my goodness, those quilts are fantastic!! I bet yours turned out so nice! I'm sorry the vest didn't turn out as you wanted. On the upside, though, the unraveling will keep your hands busy for awhile.

Wilma - so glad you found us! Yes, please do post a link to your handiwork. How sweet of you to make a lap quilt for your friend. Please tell me more about fabric postcards! I've never heard of that, but it sure sounds interesting.

I'm attaching one of the photos I want to scrapbook for Caylin. When I get the page done, I'll share that, too. But I have to get it STARTED first, lol.

Have a good day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg August, 2009 005.jpg (33.4 KB, 9 views)
Old 10-21-2009, 01:50 PM   #19  

Afternoon all. Nothing much to report today. I've been at Bible study all morning. Today, I get to do some mending, more laundry, and Workout 2. {I have two homemade strength workouts that I rotate; W1 and W2. LOL, not very original names.}

Somebody furry {<----} needs a bath so maybe I'll convince myself to do that today.

I made a green shawl a few years ago. I wore it to church once and felt self-conscience so never wore it again. Its knit stockinette stitch and very plain. The was supposed to be a lacy border but I never did that. I figured that I could crochet a border and after several false starts finally found one I think will work so I'm planning on working on that today.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:13 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 210/210/174

Height: 5'4"

Penguin,I looked at your quilt pictures, and they look great. I bet your Mom loved her quilt.

Jane, I have never done scrap booking, but I enjoy looking at others creations.

I would love to see other peoples crafty creations as well.

I will post some pictures of fabric postcards later, as I don't have any pictures on my computer yet. But here is the link to my photobucket albums with some of my quilts. http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/n...20tops%202009/

Wilma
Old 10-22-2009, 12:12 AM   #21  

Wilma, thanks for posting the link to your quilts. I liked 4+4 the best. I made Putting to... quilt for our bed but the block arrangement was different.

Mom's quilt hangs yearound in an upstairs hallway. I can't complain. I made a top for myself first but haven't quilted it yet, snicker, although its been several years now.

I would enjoy seeing everyones work.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:41 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

I'm not a Quilter, I did try making a pillow, about 25yrs ago, but haven't tried any since. My love is Counted Cross-Stitch, right now I'm making a wedding sampler for my daughter and son-in-law, they were married a yr in July, was hoping to finish by their anniversay, only I had a very sore wrist, due to trying to do 30day shred, it's only recently that it doesn't give me grief, so maybe this weekend I will pick up my needle. I feel inspired by all of you. I also need to think about two more wedding sampler's, both my son's are getting married in 2010.

I look forward to reading all your project updates. Happy Crafting Ladies.

Last edited by Institches21; 10-22-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:06 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

dang.....what creative people we have here!

Today is the first day in a couple weeks I haven't done any sewing. I started painting a chest of drawers and so that is taking up my sewing space for the next couple days. I suppose I COULD do some handwork.......or some unsewing.....lol

Wilma - your dishclothes...do you have a pattern to share? I am thinking to attempt them the next time I get the knitting urge. My sister does postcards too - some online exchanges and all. I've seen some amazing work.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:26 PM   #24  
GmaTo8

I'm just popping in to say hi, and that I'll be back tomorrow. My day has been so busy, and I'm headed for a shower and bed soon.

Goodnight all you crafty chicks.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:19 AM   #25  

Nothing much to report. Busy morning at Bible study, again. {Yesterday was prep, today was the real thing}, but I got to finish the edging on my shawl. Finally finished something! I thought I'd try another vest next {am I a glutton for punishment or what?}. My glasses still aren't ready. Maybe tomorrow???

Kris, Disclaimer: I haven't tried any of these patterns but I have had a lot of success with the sister crochet site. This is a link to Knitting Pattern Central http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory.php They have a Dishcloth catagory, among many others. HTH

Institches, Welcome to our group!

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 10-23-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:08 PM   #26  

Its not raining but its overcast and cold. I'm waiting on the call from my eye doc that my glasses are ready. Waiting in vain, prehaps! I don't want to get too involved in anything because I want to be ready when the call comes.

I'm trying to learn continential knitting. I knit with the add-on yarn held in my right hand {english method} but the continential method holds the yarn in the left hand {like crochet} and supposedly easier and faster. I haven't done much knitting recently and thought now would be a good time to try the switch. I knitted along with a online video and did exactly 10 stitches of knit and purl before my hand started cramping. This is going to be harder than I thought! {aren't most things?}
Old 10-23-2009, 07:32 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Penguin - I'll check out that site.

Today's plan.....2nd coat of paint on the chest of drawers, sew blocks together for a Linus quilt, work on a wool pincushion (button hole stitch) while watching Downsize Me (a New Zealand weight loss program).

Yesterday I finished 'unsewing' 5 of the 6 blocks on my Karen Stone quilt. If I have time today, I might try and get the 're-sew' portion done on them. What a pain!

Have a good and productive weekend.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #28  
GmaTo8

Hello fellow crafters,

Penguin - yay for finishing the shawl border! Bet that gave you a good sense of accomplishment. Most of the comforters I've made, I've given away. One of the things I've made that is very sentimental to me is a wall hanging I designed, using photos and pockets. I placed my MILs hankies in the pockets. She got to see it before she passed away, and liked it a lot. Did you get your glasses today? I hope so. Would it help you is we all posted in size 3 font? Just let me know. ((HUG))

Wilma - wow, your quilts are gorgeous! I can't say which is my favorite! I'll try to post a photo of the wall hanging I described to Penguin.

Kris - painting is crafty! Not everyone has a knack for it. Like me, for instance, I'm not much of a painter. What color did you use?

Have any of you done the fleece, double-sided, tied blankets? I've never done one, but recently got the instructions from a friend, so I'm making a small, striped one with DGD Madison this weekend. I thought it would be a good project to do with a child. The colors match my living room, so it will make a good throw for the kids while they watch tv this winter, or a lap robe for me.

Happy crafting!
Old 10-23-2009, 10:43 PM   #29  

Jane, Still no glasses! The eye doc called and said the lab sent them, they came in, but they were wrong again. Possibley Tuesday. My doc apparently 'had words' with the lab over this. Thanks for the offer for the larger font I have my computer set up so the font is magnified 150% and the 'background' stuff is eleminated. {if anyone wants to know how to do this too, just ask!}
The pockets are a good idea for hankies. I'm glad you MIL got to see how her work was being saved. I have a bunch of hankies my Gma made. I have thought of displaying them but...
Your fleece thow sounds like a good project, I've never made one either. I don't remember 'tying' anything either.

Kris, I read 'wood' pincushion, LOL, and was wondering how that works. Sigh, on the unsewing but it will probably be worth all your work in the end! I didn't know Project Linus was international!

I'm really happy Denice started this thread {where is she?} I'm glad I found others who craft who I can share my ups and downs with. I don't know many people who craft in the 'real' world. I think I'm getting the hang of the Continential stitch, but I think I'll have to start with something small like a scarf. I tried this once before and they suggested that you stitch your way through an 8oz skein of yarn as 'practice' so you can get the hang of it.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:19 PM   #30  
GmaTo8

Default Nothing special, but here you go.,..

Here is a photo of the wall hanging I did for my MIL - that's her in the middle, holding baby Katie. I would have taken the time to quilt it, but I was afraid it wouldn't get done before her Alzheimer's progressed too much for her to recognize it. She died of CHF not long afterwards.

Here's the tied-edges blanket DGD Madison and I made this morning. An easy-peasy project!
Closed Thread