Old 04-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila View Post
My daughter is my #1 motivation for losing weight. I don't want to embarrass her in front of her friends anymore.
Motivation #2 has to be my horses. Although I am riding again, I feel soooo guilty exptecting them to carry me. And then of course, the comment that his saddle might be hurting him! My friend is far too polite to say, hey, you are still too heavy. So I am not going to ride any of my horses untill I reach a decent weight.
This site has also helped me a lot. I can't wait to get my weight counter! And just reading through the posts helps me by knowing that I am not alone in the fat busting business.
Hi Lila,

Glad to have a fellow equestrienne among us. I don't ride often, but I have always loved horses & riding.

Welcome to our group.

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #32  

Great Find -

I found the frozen vegetable souffle that I had at my DD's. Name - Garden Lites. I think that there are several types, but at my grocery store there was only 1. I got the roasted vegetable souffle. Here's the breakdown -

Cals - 120
Carbs - 18
Fiber - 5
Fat - 2 (no trans)
Protein - 8

Plus - it tastes good!

Lynn
Old 04-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #33  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh dear -- yesterday turned into one of those days that involve eating two meals out -- I can manage one, and do my best to figure out the content of everything; but as soon as it turns into two, I seem to just say the H*** with it and find myself face down in the trough. Yesterday included a lot of cabbage rolls, a lot of bread, and even some delicious chocolate cake.

Today is shaping up to be a fine, back on plan, kind of day. Weather-wise, it is mild, but not sunny. Things are melting like mad and my yard is beginning to look very swamp-like. We are supposed to get a few days with rain starting tonight. Probably get rid of the rest of the snow . . . and turn the swamp into a lake.

to our happy little group LILA . . . glad to have you joining us . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #34  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Isabella, please give me the recipe for the carrot salad. I love carrots, dates, pineapple and peanut butter. I use the PB2 peanut butter so the calories will stay low.

Quote:
Then I made a carrot salad with shredded carrots, chopped dates, crushed pineapple and a dressing of mayo and peanut butter.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #35  

Tough getting old -

I shopped for all the ingredients for the zucchini muffins & forgot the zucchini!

Lynn
Old 04-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #36  

hi everyone,

It's cold here, still. yesterday was warmer and I actually thought it might get warmer. Not yet i guess. Took my little dog to the groomer this morning and only wore a light jacket, thinking it was a warmer day like yesterday. Mistake!

Hi Glynne, Good to see you again. Enjoy that long weekend!

Isabella, your dinner sounds yummy and not at all high calorie. you could change the salad dressing to fat free mayo and the powdered peanut butter and cut the calories for that a lot.

Bobbi, I haven't checked out our weather for the weekend. I hope we're not getting that snow too!

Lynn, Ok, what kind of exercise did you do last night while you were sitting around?

Karen, 2 lb's. Girl that is awsome. Keep it up.

Sue, I've had a few days when I didn't get to eat, but I don't know that I forgot to. You must have been one busy lady!

Lila, You are not alone. There is always someone here with useful information and lots of encouragement. Welcome.

Rosey, you're right, almost losing your life/health makes you more appreciative of what you have.

Karen, would love to see a picture of your new couch in the house. I bet it looks great.

Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

Bobbi: The snow and high winds sounds miserable. How in the world do you stay warm? I live in the desert, so I can't imagine living in such cold weather.
Rosey: Living in Alaska sounds beautiful. I hope the ash fall out has stopped. I haven' been following it in the news. I'll have to check out the weather channel to see if it's on there.
Gayle: Enjoy your days off.
Lynn: I'm joining your exercise every three hours routine, whether I'm watching TV or not. Gives me something to think about other than food.
Karen3: Congratulations on completing your whole pool exercise program.
Lila: I wish the best in reaching your goal of having your daughter proud of you.
Meowee: Your second meal sounded so very very good, especially the chocolate cake.
Karen31: Congratulations on losing 2 lbs.
Retiredone: I was quite impressed with your creativeness in writing the thank you notes. I never thought to make my own envelopes. What a great idea.
Susanp: It must have been a good feeling to forget to eat a meal.

I'm doing well. Cutting all caffeine out of my diet and putting all my extra money in savings so it's not available for buying extra food I don't need, has really helped me to stick with my food plan. My body seems to really appreciate the lesser work load. It's supposed to be windy and cold today, so I'll be exercising at home.
Jada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #38  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Bobbi, the carrot salad was just enough grated carrots for 3 (about 1.5 cups) a handful dates, chopped and the smallest can of crushed pineapple in juice, drained. I mixed that together with about 3 or 4 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter and enough mayo (about the same amount) to mix through the carrots. It could have used a little lemon juice or vinegar to bump up the sharpness in the dressing but I liked it the way it was. Hope that helps.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Lynn, Ok, what kind of exercise did you do last night while you were sitting around?
Freda
I got up from in front of the tv & went out to dinner

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 04-03-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #40  

Default Your Zucchinin Muffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannp View Post
Hello Lila, I don't think we've met, glad you are here, welcome to the YOU CAN DO CLUB!!! lol. We're all winners here!

Good Morning girlies,

Yesterday was a busy day for me, and I forgot to eat most of the day...yeah!! I only got to walk, didn't do any work out before bus route, but up bright and early this am to get started.

Everyone have a great Friday, and a wonderful weekend!

Susann
Susann,

You need to post your Zucchini Muffin recipe in our recipe thread - up in the sticky area. Those are the BEST lo-fat/lo-carb muffins I've found.

I used all whole wheat flour & somewhat more zucchini - made 12 muffins instead of 9.

Thank you for sharing,

Lynn
Old 04-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 230/201/125ish

Height: 5'5"

Hi, everyone, I worked late last night and didn't get a chance to check the forum.

I'm currently in Savage, MN, but as you can see from my login, we hope to go home to New England someday. Every time I write my login, I'm reminded of my goal!

What motivates me to lose weight is that I'd like to start my own business and I don't want to be overweight and tired all the time. And I had a great time with my grandmother & want to have that kind of relationship with my grandchildren. She did everything at top speed.

I've tried Weight Watchers and South Beach and Dean Ornish. But what worked years ago was good old counting calories and exercise. And it is amazing what drinking enough water does for a girl....

I told one of the girls who works for me about 3FC and she is so excited to join too...

Good luck, everyone, over the weekend - do you guys have trouble like I do? Seems like any change to routine gets me in trouble.

Kate
SaltwaterFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:29 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Good morning everyone,

Bobbi and Isabella, what kind of paper do you use for your cards? Is there such a thing as greeting card paper that you can buy? I have card stock paper, that I sometimes use for my business cards, but isn't that too thick for greeting cards?

I guess I should clarify on the forgetting to eat. I did remember at meal times, because I had to fix for mother anyway, but the snacks that I normally have, and thinking about what I'm going to have later, that is what I forgot, because I was so busy...lol.

Bobbi, my bus route is about an hour long, by the time I leave my house till I get to the bus garage. I keep my bus at home at night, so I start my route from my house, and have my first pickup about 2/10ths of a mile from my house. After my morning route I leave my bus at the bus garage and bring my vehicle home during the day between my routes. I leave my house at 6:45, which is not bad at all. A lot of drivers are on the road picking up students by 6:30.

Karen3, the pool sounds cold......lol.....but congrat's on doing your pool routine, I hear water aerobics are really good for you.

Freda, I've never seen powdered peanut butter, in fact, I have never heard of it, guess I really am from hickville. What else can you do with it?

Meowee, today is another day, yesterday is gone forever. right?

Karen3, I just love those 2 lb losses.......amazing how such a small number can look sooooooooooooo big.....lol

Lynn, haven't joined your get up and move every 3 hrs yet, but will try to remember to do it.

Ok, I blew it last night. Every morning I drive by the sign at Godfathers pizza, 2 large one toppings.......lol......I thought Friday night would be a great time to have pizza with our card playing friends......so we did. I ate 4 pieces, first a salad tho, then I made some white chocolate macadamia nut cookes, ate 3 of those, but they were small. Then, within an hour, I payed for it. Got sick to my stomach, (I have Crohn's) had to excuse myself...lol. Still paying for it this morning. I must remember that I don't need to eat that stuff...lol.

I agree Kate, so I try not to change the routine...lol. Weekends are very hard, seems I don't want to cook as much, and when I don't cook, I nibble.

Everyone have a great day,
Susann
susannp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:37 AM   #43  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there KATE . . . so glad to have you joining us . . . this is a really fun place.

And a great good morning to everybody else, too . . .

It's very wet and windy around here and this stuff is supposed to continue for most of the coming week. Hey, it's definitely preferable to snow. I think I'd better go for some groceries later today, though, before all the puddles turn into swimming pools.

Happy to report that the blood sugar level is back to nice numbers this morning and I only seem to have about a half a pound of water weight left from my Thursday eating debacle. Luckily, when I have my food disasters in restaurants or other people's homes, I get back on track pretty quickly. If that delicious chocolate cake (or any of my other trigger foods) gets inside my house, it's an entirely different story.

You snuck in there on me Susann . . . My SIL in Ontario drives a specialized school vehicle (disabled students). She's on the road before six every morning. My friend LouLou has celiac disease and has to be very careful of what she eats; sometimes she just says she has to have some real bread (wheat) and then she suffers big time for it; but she has decided it's worth it once in a while.
Hope everybody else has some fun stuff and some nice weather in your weekend . . .

Last edited by meowee; 04-04-2009 at 07:44 AM.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #44  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
Our blizzard is suppose to hit tonight with lots of snow and predicted 40 mile an hour winds so I'm off to town for groceries, MIL and see my dad. Tomorrow I'll probably have to watch T.V. for my church service.
Susann...that's what I use, stock paper. Wal*Mart does have one called card stock, but it's the same thing as regular stock paper. If you make 1/2 fold cards which I do, the card stock is perfect. If you make the small 1/4 fold cards, you use regular light weight paper.(typewriter paper)
Quote:
Bobbi and Isabella, what kind of paper do you use for your cards? Is there such a thing as greeting card paper that you can buy? I have card stock paper, that I sometimes use for my business cards, but isn't that too thick for greeting cards?
The PB2 is dehydrated peanut butter and it's delicious. You put 2 Tbls powder in 1 Tbls water and stir. It makes 2 tablespoons with only 53.2 calories, total fat is only 1.87 grams. You can also purchase chocolate PB2, either is great on roll-ups or anywhere you use peanut butter. I like to stir some into sugar free vanilla or choclate pudding. I first heard of it here on 3 FC, if you google it Bell Plantation, you can read all about it. You have to order 4 jars at a time but it goes quick. I'm on my 3 order (12 jars), I love it. I did asked my local Hy-Vee store to stock it and they did. Now I can purchased it locally.
Isabella...thanks for the recipe, I'll try it.
Hi everyone else, I gotta run into town now and get my errands finished.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #45  

Good Morning Everyone,

Get up and Move progress - last night I actually got up and moved every 3 hours. Didn't exercise (had done over 100 min at the gym in the morning), but I went into the kitchen & made some lo-fat/lo-carb foods; cleaned up the kitchen; went into my scrapbook room and started organizing. I actually got a lot done. Will try this again tonight.

Today, I'm going to try the local genealogical group meeting one more time. Was not very impressed with it last month, but the leaders are young & this was only their 2nd meeting. Maybe things will get more organized.

Am trying to increase my fiber. I think I overdid it yesterday. Had some bad bellyaches last night.

Happy Saturday,

Lynn