Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a good day.

Lynn, I don't think the muffin recipe that I have is diet friendly, but it's on allrecipes.com, and the name, Super Dooper Zucchini Muffins. I'm not sure if the nutrition content is there or not, but maybe you can modify it.

Freda, I won't tell you that NCIS came on after the President's Speech, at 8:00, and that I watched, oh, I don't know.....about 30 minutes of it, and slept through 15 of that.....lol. Went to bed, don't know how it ended, I wanted to get up and do my workout this morning. If I recall, it wasn't real exciting, but like I said, I slept through most of what I sat through.

Does anyone have a good recipe for frozen dessert bars? This kind of weather I love to have something cold. Schwans makes a good low calorie popsicle and a good low calorie fruit bar, but they are sooooo expensive and I don't want them coming to my house every week.....lol.

Ok, I've posted 20 times, this makes 21, what do I do now to get my weigh in bar?

Have a great afternoon!!!
Susann
Old 03-25-2009, 03:10 PM   #167  

And.........can u tell me why I still have a yellow yoke in my egg?????.....guess it needs to be cracked.......lol
Old 03-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #168  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Well, after it finally stopped snowing, the "people in charge of official snowfall measurement" decided they could tell how much hit us (although how they can accurately measure sideways snow is beyond me). Anyway; we did NOT get the forecast 12"; we did NOT get the revised forecast of 6" either; WE GOT 16" of the nasty stuff. Boy, I hope that's the end of it. It's still blowing around out there and it's really cold. Even after all that snow, I can still see patches of grass in the yard and, of course, other places where the snow is nearing the top of my six foot high fence. Did I mention how windy it was yesterday during all the storm and still is now.

Thanks for those kind words, LYNN, but yesterday ended up being even worse than Monday on the food front. Today is shaping up well, though. Hopefully I won't blow it again.

KREN . . . will answer your last question first.

If the yolk is in the egg it simply means that the person is currently on-line. For example, as I type this
both your egg and my egg have yolks meaning we are on-line, but Lynn's egg is yolk-less so she isn't here right now.

Okay about your ticker . . . you definitely have your twenty posts but this is your 20th day of membership and I don't think you can have siggie privileges until tomorrow.

BUT -- be it today or tomorrow, here is what you do --

Go to the main purple navigation bar at the top lof the page and click on the first item, USER CP; then click on EDIT SIGNATURE which is the first item in the menu at the left side of the page; you will see the sample ticker bar and in the line written immediately under it, click on the first 'click here' that is at the begiining of the second sentence (after you read the rules, of course). Then, just follow the step by step directions and if you get inhto any trouble, come back here and let me know.

If you don't see EDIT SIGNATURE yet; guess you have to wait until tomorrow

Anyway . . . hope everybody has a great, warm, and sunny day on the go . . . I really need to live vicariously through all of you.

PS: Oh, oh -- by the time I posted, Kren's egg had gone blank -- guess I missed you, kiddo.

Last edited by meowee; 03-25-2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: PS added
Old 03-25-2009, 04:59 PM   #169  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Rosey ~ I saw a program on TV ~ I think it was on the PBS channel ~ sit and be fit. Maybe that would be something you could do. Hope you can find it.

Susannp ~ where in KY are you? My sister lives in Mt. Sterling, and my friend Lucille (whom coincidentally I met here on 3 Fat Chicks) lives in Clay City.

Meowee ~ I hope there is no more snow for you.

Lynn ~ Congrats on the 151

Hi Freda, Bobbi, Kren, Karen and Karen, Isabella. Sorry if I missed someone.

Getting ready to go to work here. I've got to quit procrastinating on my days off and get my resume updated. I am struggling with my job. Feelings of stress when I'm there and feeling not so good the rest of the time. I think working the night shift doesn't agree with me any more (been doing it 30+ years now). I feel crummy all the time. I read a posting on another web site by someone who had read about the health effects to people who have worked the night shift for many years. It was scary. I think the sooner I can find a day shift job the better off I'll be.

Ok, enough fooling around for me ~ better get going.

Take care all
Old 03-25-2009, 07:05 PM   #170  

Hi Gayle, I am in western Kentucky, on Barkley Lake. Our county of Trigg borders the TN state line. We are actually sw, i guess.

Thank you Meow for all of your help, I will go there and see if I can get it done.

Everyone have a great night!

Susann
Old 03-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #171  

Hi, well, it seems that you have to post 25 times, I'm now at 23. I have chosen my ticker, and my slider, so we'll see what happens after I post two more times....lol
Old 03-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #172  

ok, here's my 25th time.....
Old 03-25-2009, 07:32 PM   #173  

okie dokie, I sure hope this works......cause I was about as lost as a goose in a snow storm......lol
Old 03-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #174  

woooooohoooooo, I did it, thanks meow......i did go back and edit it and put a space in between. I think it's better now.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:37 PM   #175  
Onward and Downward

Looking good Susann
Old 03-26-2009, 05:59 AM   #176  

Mornin everyone, I'm up to do my workout, going to work on the stabelizer ball this morning. I'm trying to change up my workouts to target more places, not sure if that will help or not, but it's a plan.

Everyone have a great day, I'll write more later.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:05 AM   #177  
Onward and Downward

We are having sunshine . . . . . . and the temp is supposed to get a bit above freezing by this afternoon . . . . . . maybe, just maybe, we can start melting some of this ****.

Other than that, SSDD -- at least I did get my eating routines back in hand yesterday. BUT, I do hve an extra 2 pounds to show for the past 2 days of over-carbing. Onward and downward, I hope.

Have a great day, folks . . .
Old 03-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #178  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
We spent all day yesterday moving and unpacking MIL. She was so confused and couldn't under that it was her new home. We have to go back this morning and finish getting her settled in and show her where we put every thing. She always re-arranges her drawer, I don't know why I bother. She has underwear and socks in 2 or 3 different drawers and she hides her toilet paper under her sweaters so the staff can't steal it! She also claims the staff steals her money and underwear. Duh........... who'd want to steal used underwear? She doesn't have money there, DH has been taking care of her finances for 3 years now. It's funny how alzheimers affect people, my mom died of it a couple years ago and we never heard her complain of anything nor accuse people of stealing. (She was a gentle soul and I never heard her raise her voice)I think the traits people have in their lifetime must multiply when you get senile as in my MIL case.
Well, enough of that. We're off to town for groceries, items for MIL room and we have to re-glue one of her dresser drawers. Last night my hubby thanked me for spending the day at his mom's, made me feel good.
Have a great day everyone.
The recipe below can be modified for lower calories using egg beaters or egg whites.

Quote:

Nutritional Info

Amount Per Serving Calories: 282.6
Total Fat: 11.7 g
Cholesterol: 92.5 mg
Sodium: 636.6 mg
Total Carbs: 16.4 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
Protein: 26.3 g

Turkey Bacon Breakfast Burritos

Serves: 10
Serving Size: 1 slice of turkey bacon in each tortilla

INGREDIENTS
10 slices turkey bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1/2 cup green pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
5 eggs
1/2 cup skim milk
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
salsa, as needed

Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients

12 ounces Light (50% less fat) breakfast sausage
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
4 1/2 cups sourdough bread cubes or croutons
8 ounces shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon mustard powder
2 large whole eggs
4 egg whites OR 1/2 cup egg substitute
2 cups low fat milk
Directions

1. Crumble sausage into a medium nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until nicely brown, breaking up into bits with spatula as it cooks. Sprinkle with poultry seasoning. Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with canola cooking spray and set aside.
2. Add sausage to large bowl along with toasted bread squares, cheese, mustard powder and salt, if desired. Add whole eggs, egg whites (or egg substitute) and milk to mixing bowl, and beat on medium-low speed until smooth and completely blended.
3. Drizzle egg-milk mixture over the sausage and bread mixture; stir to blend. Pour into the prepared baking dish, spread top evenly, cover with foil, then chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake, covered in foil, for 45 minutes. Uncover the foil, and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees. Bake for about 20 minutes longer or until set.
Makes 8 servings.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 215/192/150

Height: 5' 7"

It's a tough disease isn't it???? My DMIL has it too.
The sun is shining, my tulips and daffs are coming up, my petunia seeds are finally growing

AND

I lost 1 pound this week.....

score!!!

Hang in there ladies!
Old 03-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Just thought that I would share a little Spring time with you!! The snow just started here about 45 minutes ago and we have a GREAT BIG 23 degrees!!! They are forcasting 10 to 20 inches of this!!! YIPPE!!! yeah right!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2169.jpg (11.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2166.jpg (31.7 KB, 1 views)
Closed Thread