Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 08:53 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,

Well, I lost the pound I had gained over the trip to FL. Now let's see if I can keep it off!

Going scrapping today & taking my DD & SIL out to dinner tonight - Red Lobster - will get the tilapia & veggies and keep away from the biscuits.

Try to check back later,

Lynn
Old 03-24-2009, 09:07 AM   #152  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh YUCK . . . it is still snowing sideways and I've cancelled my dentist appointment. On the good side -- I saw 209.5 on the scale this morning even though my food intake yesterday was a bit overly indulgent. Of course there's still a few days until month-end and I could end up anywhere by then. I've seen it happen before.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:26 AM   #153  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
It's still raining, yipppeeeee! Yesterday morning our lawn was goldish brown and after one day of rain I see green peeking through. I have no time to gab and post the recipe for the chicken so I'll just post the recipe. We have to go pack up MIL stuff today so movers can move her furniture tomorrow.
Susan..........I laughed when I saw the blueberry bushes you planted. A few years ago we planted two blueberry bushes and I was so excited when little blueberries finally appeared after waiting for a year or two. As they ripened they continually disappeared and I accused the birds of eating them. THEN I FOUND THE CULPRIT, it was my dear hubby. Everytime he's walk by the bushes, he'd eat the blueberries that were ripe. I never got one single blueberry that year and the bushes died over the winter.
Quote:
Today I did my Power Mile, walked 20 minutes, planted 2 rows of potatoes, 2 rows of radishes, and 2 Blueberry Bushes. I think I got some exercise today!!
Here's the recipe for the chicken. You can use turkey bacon instead of the real thing for lower calories, same for the cheese, use low fat cheese and sour cream. I didn't roll the breast up with toothpicks, I just flattened them out, put the spinach filling on one side, laid the mostly cooked bacon over the spinach and folded the other flap over the top. I baked them in a loaf pan instead of a shallow pan, all the juices stayed around the meat instead of burning on the pan.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
1 pk. fresh spinach leaves (I used frozen)
1/2 Cup sour cream (I used fat free)
1/2 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves pounded to 1/2 inch thickness.
pinch of fresh ground pepper
Optional...a few flakes of crushed red pepper flakes.
8 slices bacon. ( I had 3 breast and used 3 slices bacon)
Preheat oven to 375
1. Place spinach in a large glass bowl, and heat in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring every min. or so until wilted. (Or thaw frozen in microwave). Stir in sour cream, cheese and garlic.
2. Lay the chicken breasts out on a clean surface, and spoon some of the spinach mixture onto each one. Roll up chicken to enclose the spinach, then wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon. Secure with toothpicks and arrange in a shallow baking dish.
3. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, then increase heat to 500 degrees or use the oven's broiler to cook for an additional 5-10 minutes to brown the bacon. (Some reviewers partly cooked the bacon so it wasn't so greasy and the bacon was crisper)
Old 03-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning...It was a lovely little rain. Didn't touch the water level but washed off alot of the pine pollen.Everything looks so clean and bright today. You all can send some more...please.

Linda.... that scale is really moving down for you since the beginning of the year. Good job ole gal.

Lynn....The only way I could stop from eating one of those biscuits would be to sew my lips shut.

Kren....The only carb craving stopper I know of is level one of the South Beach diet. You detox for 2 weeks on a strict and limited diet and it literally cleans out the carb cravings. I know when I've slipped and the cravings start in.

Have a free day. Tuesday bridge partner called and can't play. Since my cell phone expires today, it'll be a good time to hit the mall. Plus need to start looking for a new living room sofa. Will have to match the 2 chairs that followed me home last year.

Hugs, Karen3
Old 03-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #155  

Hi everyone,

It's still cold here, I think the high today was supposed to be 48, and a little damp and windy. makes for a not really pleasant day. But the sun is out and that is nice to see. Tomorow is my DS's birthday and i'm making cup cakes for me and the Grands to frost and decorate this evening. I keep them every Monday and Tuesday. they love to mix the frosting with different colored food coloring to come up with some pretty weird shades. How can I be the mother of a child this age? I'm just a little past there myself! when did we get to be the "older, more responsible" generation?

Karen, glad you got some of the rain. Hope it washes off some polen and eases the allergy symptoms a lot of people have with it.

Lynn, good job, getting rid of that pound in record time. I knew you would do it have fun at dinner tonight. sounds like you have a plan to eat well.

Sue, Kren, i'm originally from Ky also. southeastern corner of the state. Talking about getting out and planting a garden sounds soooo good! Right now my back yard looks like a big mess. I'd love to just get out there and clean that up, but it's still too cold. Can't wait to get out and play in the dirt.

Bobbi, the recipe's sound great. Something new to try. I love looking for new recipes too. found a good one on Kraft foods. Creamy chicken & pasta bake. It's 390 calories per serving, but a whole meal, so not too bad.

Isabella, haven't heard from you in a few days. Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you and you are in my prayers.

Freda
Old 03-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #156  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh Oh . . . not a good day . . . I've been on a starch binge.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #157  

Hi everyone..i got caught up on all your news.. our Mt Redoubt erupted sunday night.. i could smell the sulpher but no ash fallout where i live ..this mt is about 45 miles from our home..then we were with out power for about 4 hrs..everything back to normal today..i have been craving sweets and carbs not good for a diabetic do any of you know of dvd exercise tapes or programs for wheel chair folks like me? congrats to all who are having success its cold today..a good day for a pot of hot soup and a good book..have a great day everyone rosey
Old 03-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #158  

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone..i got caught up on all your news.. our Mt Redoubt erupted sunday night.. i could smell the sulpher but no ash fallout where i live ..this mt is about 45 miles from our home..then we were with out power for about 4 hrs..everything back to normal today..i have been craving sweets and carbs not good for a diabetic do any of you know of dvd exercise tapes or programs for wheel chair folks like me? congrats to all who are having success its cold today..a good day for a pot of hot soup and a good book..have a great day everyone rosey
Hi Rosey,

How wonderful to see you again! Not sure about DVD's, but I've been using the arm bicycle at the gym. I believe that you can get one of these to sit on a table at home. I'll check it out & PM you with any information I find.

Welcome home,

Lynn
Old 03-24-2009, 09:15 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful day. Mine was good, very busy, but good.

Bobbi, how funny that your DH ate all the blueberries.....lololol. But, not good that you didn't get any. I am so looking forward to making blueberry "something". Muffins, pancakes, pies, for everyone else. Don't think those will be on my list of allowed foods.

Today I made Super Duper Zucchini Muffins for Mother, she really enjoys them. We had an abundance of zucchini last year, so I froze alot of it.

I wanted to share something that seems to work better for me. On sparkpeople, I go in and log what I am going to eat for the whole day, and if I am going over on anything, I can adjust it before I eat it.

Everyone have a great day tomorrow, NCIS is on, so going to watch it, then go to bed.

nite
Old 03-24-2009, 09:36 PM   #160  

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannp View Post
Hi everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful day. Mine was good, very busy, but good.

Today I made Super Duper Zucchini Muffins for Mother, she really enjoys them. We had an abundance of zucchini last year, so I froze alot of it.

nite
Hi Susan,

Any chance those muffins are diet-friendly? If so, might you post the recipe in the recipe thread above?

I'm looking for a good muffin recipe.

Lynn
Old 03-25-2009, 10:04 AM   #161  

Hi all,

It's raining, again! I know I shouldn't complain. It is spring, after all, what can you expect.

Karen, I'm sending you some of this.

Rosie, Good to see you again. Lots of places have wheel chair exercises. I'm sure if you look on-line you will find some. I know our local Y has them and so does our local fitness center.

Sue, I wanted to watch NCSI last night too, but I think it got taken off by the presidents speach. Tell me it did and I didn't miss it.

I love a good muffin recipe too Lynn. Have you tried the vitamuffins? they make mixes now. Not cheap, but really good. I just bought a muffin top pan from them too. You KNOW that the best part of the muffin is the top!

Kren, I haven't tried the fiber one muffins but I plan to when I get my new muffin top pan. Have you tried the Keristan (not spelled right) ones? the cranberry orange ones are really good. When I make them i leave a couple out and freeze the rest so I won't eat them all too. Since your friend likes to cook you might want to ask him to try some low calorie recipes for you. There are lots of good ones around and i'm sure he might like them too.

freda
Old 03-25-2009, 10:10 AM   #162  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Oh YUCK . . . it is still snowing sideways and I've cancelled my dentist appointment. On the good side -- I saw 209.5 on the scale this morning even though my food intake yesterday was a bit overly indulgent. Of course there's still a few days until month-end and I could end up anywhere by then. I've seen it happen before.
Hi Linda,

Sorry you're still having snow. I expect we'll get 1 more snow event here in the Northeast.

You must be doing something right with your eating/exercise. You've lost 75 lbs!!

Lynn
Old 03-25-2009, 10:13 AM   #163  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Lynn....The only way I could stop from eating one of those biscuits would be to sew my lips shut.

Hugs, Karen3
Hi Karen,

I was rewarded for my restraint with the biscuits. I got down to 151 this morning. First time I've seen that number since before Christmas & France. Of course, I realize it was a bounce & will probably be back to 152 by tomorrow, but I'm enjoying it today.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 03-25-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:17 AM   #164  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kren View Post
Good morning ALL!

Is there a list of members somewhere? How many of us are there?

I also love muffins. Fiber One makes a mix that is good, especially if you add raisins and nuts. I'm always looking for high fiber and muffins make it easier to keep up with portion control. My only problem is NOT to eat 7 or 8, lol.

Kren
Hi Kren,

I used to keep a list of the members, but a lot of people come and go quickly & some members were concerned with sharing personal information with everyone.

About the muffins - check your frozen foods dept for "muffin tops" by Vitatops. 100 calories, 5 g fiber, 1 g fat, 22 g carbs, 4 g protein & taste VERY good.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 03-25-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:19 AM   #165  

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Hi all,

I love a good muffin recipe too Lynn. Have you tried the vitamuffins? they make mixes now. Not cheap, but really good. I just bought a muffin top pan from them too. You KNOW that the best part of the muffin is the top!

freda

Hi Freda,

Oooops - I posted about the vitamuffins before I read your post. I will get one of those pans. Now I just need a good recipe. All the ones I've tried that are low fat, low carbs, high fiber have tasted pretty gross.

Lynn
Closed Thread