Old 08-23-2008, 10:54 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 237.0/232/160

Height: 5'6"

I just turned 51 on August 8th and I feel like I'm in still my 30's ... then I look in the mirror and wonder, "Who are YOU, and what did you do with my face!?!"

I took a GOOD look at myself NAKED in a full length mirror the other day and told my husband that I look like I need to be ironed (he said that could be arranged - lol). I actually taped my eyelids up at work the other day ~ just to see how it would look, and I have to admit it looked wonderful. I may just have to have these bad boys lifted! I'm just tired of everyone telling me how "tired" I look all the time !! (I actually told people I WAS tired a few times).

As far as the rest of me goes ... I am praying that it goes away with weight loss and exercise (...hint ... hint ... TURKEY NECK!!)

I actually LOVE being 50 I love the freedom I feel! I love spending more time with my husband ALONE ! I love the way I seriously care more about MYSELF these days! Fifty has liberated me in many ways ... I got a new tattoo last August on the 50th birthday.

Fifty ROCKS!!
ChattieOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:15 AM   #32  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there CATHY . . . to Age 50+ . . . glad to have you joining us.

. . . I think I can still remember turning 50 (although it was soooooo long ago now) . . . and it was good; much less traumatic than turning 40.

Hey these changing decades seem to get easier all the time (and faster, too.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:02 PM   #33  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

Default Freedom Fifty?

I was just wondering if anyone else as they approached fifty or turned fifty started to feel like suddenly they had a whole lot more "oh the **** with it " attitude towards things. I don't mean in a bad way, I mean, "I am going to go to the store WITHOUT full makeup" and I really don't care what anyone thinks...I guess I mean, I really find I am starting to care less and less about what people think of me? I also find I am starting to be far less approval seeking than I was in the past. I have stopped trying to keep friendships going that should have died long ago. I am starting to spend time on myself without feeling guilty about it..etc.etc.

Then again, a wise person once said, "Quite caring about what people think of you..you'd be surprised how little they do!"

Last edited by mollymom; 08-23-2008 at 10:03 PM.
mollymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:17 AM   #34  
Onward and Downward

Oh yes . . . getting older does have its advantages . . . one of the best ones (IMHO) is the final demise of TOM worries (although the hot flashes are not fun).
Old 08-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #35  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/lost my ticker/148

Height: 5'5"

Cheers to mollymom and want to that was so well said and sooo true! 50 is so liberating
meowee you are right about the TOM going away but I still have them occationaly which bugs the **** out of me because they last for days and days and days. Hot flashes are anonnying but not as bad as the night sweats. So I focus on the positive and ignore the rest...seems to work and if other don't like LOL who cares
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:55 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5'6

hi! My first day on site and I know how you feel kids all grown and here I sit alone and wondering who is that in the mirror. It scares me I want out of this body and back in my own!!!!
meg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:01 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5'6

Hi I am the new gal sure do like your post... I need to know how to start losing I get so down I eat.. got any ideas that helped you
meg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:07 PM   #38  
juicinjudy

S/C/G: 133 currently/goal 115

Height: 5'3

I"m new too & just posted on another 50+ thread
I'm just learning to post I'm not computer savvy but I'm trying to learn
I know you will get a lot of good advice on 3fc there are a lot of caring people on this site
HOPE to see you around the boards

JUDY
Zumba Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #39  
Onward and Downward

Hi MEG . . .

Hi JUDY . . .

Nice to have you both joining us, Chickies.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:37 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/160

Height: 5"5"

Default Turning 50

Hi all,
it kinda snuck up on me, and I still have that same suprise when I look in the mirror, where did you come from? My goal is to outlive my father who died at 54.
Meowee did you have surgery on both eyes? Did they put a single vision implant? I am so curious because I need the same thing. How did you choose your doctor? Any Advice for me?

Day 3 on the diet and still climbing the walls.
Fab
Fabulous50Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:49 PM   #41  

Location: I live in far west Texas - and I love that good ol' southern hospitality and good ol' southern food!

S/C/G: 255/227.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Reading this was just too much fun! Keep it coming, ladies! I am always trying to find the humor in the bags, the sags, and the whiskers! There is strength in numbers, eh??
chunkydunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #42  
Fifty by Fifty!

I too had to change rooms this year LOL. I turned fifty last November. COnsidering the alternatives...I will take being fifty. I do have SOME issues with this whole being fifty thing:

a) I now have to wear bifocals ( I substitute a well known F word for the foc part)

b) I have these lovely geezer hairs sprouting in various facial locations - they have the texture of steel wire!

c) I need a magnification mirror to put on my makeup now because without my glasses I can't see the distance over the bathroom sink to the mirror on the wall.

d) A bikini wax seems to need to go lower and lower...I mean I know I wanted to migrate south as I got older, but I meant my body..um never mind TMI

e) granny panties now are the acceptable and comfortable undies of choice

f) my fashion sense, to quote Gilda Radner, is mostly based on what doesn't itch

g) the pencil test for my boobs no longer means a single pencil, it means I can hold an entire box of em...I knew having those nice big ones in my early years would lead to this!

That said, I feel mostly great, still have good skin, not too much of a turkey neck, I can still pluck out all the gray hairs. I am generally happy to have joined the fifty and fabulous club!

Last edited by mollymom; 01-10-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #43  
Fifty by Fifty!

Wink

Just a question for Fabulous 50Texas - how many calories in climbing the walls? Do you need any special shoes or equipment? How long do you do it for? I can't seem to find it on any exercise info sites!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:01 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 165/162/

Height: 5'4"

Mollymom, you are very funny!
I've been hanging around for a few days in Beck Diet Solution support group. I checked out weight watchers, because I count the points. But there's nothing like a board of 50+ gals. I'm 54 and will be 55 in April. Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch!! Maybe I will be 155 lbs or less by then? Or even 150? There's a good reason to resist the ice cream DBF (dear boyfriend) brought home, before starting on his diet tomorrow. Ditto for wire hard chin hairs and breasts that keep right on sagging. The neck's okay, though!
lilyyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:13 PM   #45  

Nancy,
I had the same problem with the wt tracker. You do have to have so many posts (seems crazy why that is) but then go into the "quick links", "Sig Wt Tracker" and start messing with it there. After you get the "bar" you want then pick out the "little icon" you desire. Be sure and save at the bottom of the page when you are done. Start practicing there. Good luck.
grabec is offline   Reply With Quote