Old 08-12-2008, 02:14 PM   #16  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well I guess I can wait out the 30 days or 30 post which ever comes first LOL

And I am a Grandma too...twice actually and yes I do feel like an enlighten 30 year old.

My big challenage has been exercise; my stepper broke the other day and I am going to look at one someone posted on craigs list tomorrow. I hope that will inspire me to get back in the grove.

What types of exercise to you all do? I really don't have the motivation to walk and usually the weather here is not favoriable for it either. Would love to find new fun indoor, inexpensive activities
nancy
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 02:33 PM   #17  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
What types of exercise to you all do? I really don't have the motivation to walk and usually the weather here is not favoriable for it either. Would love to find new fun indoor, inexpensive activities
nancy
I do anything and everything I can squeeze in I bought a program called Fluidity that I really love. It's a body weight/resistance type of strength training program. Then I have a couple of dancey type DVDs for the between days. I like working out at home because I can throw in a load of laundry, toss something in the microwave to defrost for dinner and get my workout while my modern conveniences are getting theirs. Now if I could just teach the dogs to vacuum.........
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #18  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Well I guess I can wait out the 30 days or 30 post which ever comes first LOL

NANCY . . . That's 20 days AND 20 posts. Used to be 30 and 30, but it was never an either/or kind of thing.

CRAZYDOG . . . so glad you found us You will never feel invisible around here, Chickie.

Last edited by meowee; 08-12-2008 at 04:24 PM.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:38 PM   #19  
Work in Progress

Can you tell me more about fluidity? I don't have a working DVD player at home right now but my laptop will work or I can use the girls PS2 (sometimes lol) I always liked doing wieght and resistance training.

You are right about working out at home it is the only time I really can. That is another reason walking is really out, I have so much going on once I hit the door in the evening.

My typical day
Up at 5am
leave house at 5:45am
arrive at work at 6:50 and begin my day
Lunch at my desk
Leave at 4pm arrive home at 5:30 if I don't have to stop at the grocery store
Cook family quick dinner and eat 6:30-7:30
Shower and relax with a book and in bed by 9-9:30 so finding that free exercise time can be a challenge and if I work out to late then I can't sleep

so any and all help I will take
Old 08-14-2008, 03:40 PM   #20  
Work in Progress

Well I bought a used stari climbing machine yesterday and have yet to try it out. I need to find or make the cable part. The one that came with it the plastic coating the wire is worn off and I am afraid it will tear up the pully/wheel. So that is my mission tonight to find or talk someone in the hardware store to fabricate me something that will work. I will keep you updated
Old 08-14-2008, 04:54 PM   #21  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Can you tell me more about fluidity? I don't have a working DVD player at home right now but my laptop will work or I can use the girls PS2 (sometimes lol) I always liked doing wieght and resistance training.

You are right about working out at home it is the only time I really can. That is another reason walking is really out, I have so much going on once I hit the door in the evening.

My typical day
Up at 5am
leave house at 5:45am
arrive at work at 6:50 and begin my day
Lunch at my desk
Leave at 4pm arrive home at 5:30 if I don't have to stop at the grocery store
Cook family quick dinner and eat 6:30-7:30
Shower and relax with a book and in bed by 9-9:30 so finding that free exercise time can be a challenge and if I work out to late then I can't sleep

so any and all help I will take
I found Fluidity because I fell asleep trying to stay up past 8 o'clock to watch a movie When I woke up, their infomercial was on. I actually watched the infomercial (yeah, on purpose even) a couple of times before I went on-line and ordered it. If you just go to Fluidity.com you can see all their info (I think they even have a link to watch that infomercial). I got it in January of this year and not once have I used it to hang my ironing on

Your day looks a lot like mine - I'm up at 4:30 and out of the house by 5:30/5:45. Lunch at my desk too. And home around 5:30ish. I didn't think I had time to exercise but I just decided it was something I HAD to do and if it meant staying up a half hour later then I would. Turns out I really don't have to. I don't know if it's the better food or what but suddenly I'm actually organized All my life I always heard about these ladies who were planning their menus for the week before going grocery shopping - used to think it was silly and now I'm one of them. Who da thunk it.

Go check out Fluidity and let me know what you think - FYI, you do have to stick with it no matter what - when I first started there were some of the seated movements I just couldn't do quite correctly because my tummy and thighs kept getting in the way of each other but I hung in there and just kept doing the best I could - result being 8 inches off my waist, 8 off my hips and 4 off of each thigh I'm not quite a finished product yet but they don't crash into each other any more.......
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:44 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Talking

so now I put them on and tilt my head back that blurs the image and helps the neck crepe disappear a little too .

I like this lol. Got that neck crepe thing going on as well . don't wear the glasses, though, I am known to leave my teeth on the dressing table while I am pulling out a few hairs.
Maryl
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:51 PM   #23  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

Default Me too...82 days to go!

I think this nearly every day lately as my 50th bday rapidly approaches. 82 days to go. I really don't mind though...I don't look fifty..at least that is what people say (oh dear do you think they are just being polite), and except for the arthritis, fibro, back and hip pain..don't feel fifty either. And I am certainly far too immature to be fifty! I decided I wanted to lose 50 pounds by my fiftieth birthday thus the Fifty by Fifty blog and identification tag. (15.75 to go)

If you want to look REALLY good, lie on your back in bed and look at yourself holding the mirror really far away above your face. Just don't look any lower..what used to both point north tend to be pointing east and west if you know what I mean...deepish sigh!

Last edited by mollymom; 08-16-2008 at 05:51 PM. Reason: spelling
mollymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:00 PM   #24  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymom View Post
Just don't look any lower..what used to both point north tend to be pointing east and west if you know what I mean...deepish sigh!

You must mean those things I now keep tucked into my belt -- or would if I wore a belt.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:24 PM   #25  

I remember years ago hearing an actress say she never bent over anyone anymore because she saw herself in a mirror bending over and mistook herself for an old bulldog. I have taken that to heart myself in these years. It's not easy to angle myself so I'm always looking up. I haven't had to yell "What's that in the sky?" yet to anyone but I am prepared in case it becomes necessary.
spinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:33 PM   #26  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

Well if laughing uses calories..I lost about a quarter of a pound on this thread!
mollymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:52 PM   #27  
Work in Progress

There are some great advantages to being over 50. Right now I can think of a few:
1. it is much easier to get a seat on the bus when the bus is full
2. when I trip or blunder I can blame it on my eyesight rather my graceful self
3. you can get away with being a bit on the rude side if ya need to LOL

I am going to the fluidity website and checking it out
Old 08-19-2008, 07:18 PM   #28  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
I just invested in one of those 5x magnification mirrors for that little task.
I got one of those mirrors that magnifies 15x, I love it for those chin hairs .
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:13 PM   #29  
Sherianne

S/C/G: 207/198/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi Nancy,
I enjoyed your post about turning 50 so much! It seems like you turn around and you're still that raven haired young thing inside, but things have "slipped". I went to Denny's for breakfast the other day and realized that in one year, I will qualify for the senior special...sheesh.

I am dying my hair, bleaching my teeth, supplementing my hormones, protecting my bones, taking baby aspirin for my heart, I caps for my eyes and supportive shoes for my feet. If my bladder goes, I am in trouble! I think diet and exercise will do me wonders, it already has, so good luck to you with your efforts. I am so envious of those well kept chickies who never gained weight. Their bodies don't look so bad at 50...sigh.

Exercise...I love dance cardio. All it takes is a DVD player and DVD's. I get them at Ross for $5 and they are great! I have a belly dance DVD and a Salsa DVD. I also have a yoga and pilates DVD. Usually, they have a shorter and longer workout, so if your time is limited you can choose the shorter workout. The store here at 3fc has hundreds of workout DVD's for sale. When I browsed through them I noted that some of the workouts are only 15 minutes long so you can break them up throughout the day. I am so busy that that might be a good option for me. I tend to not do strength and flexibility training if I don't have "someone" coaxing me along.

Good luck finding a workout that works for you. It is so important to weight loss.

I just got a dog. I figure she and I will be taking lots of walks.

Sheri
Quixotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #30  
Work in Progress

I am glad I could make you laugh and it is all so very very true. Did I mention I bought this used stepper??? Well the cable was looking a bit worn so I took it to the local hardware store to see if they could help me build another one...lo and behold they showed me the parts, took it home and hubby took it to work to make sure the clamps were tight and the first time I go to use it guess what? I broke the it LOL....it seems the nylon tubing on the outside of the cable enabled the cable to slip right out as I was stepping aways...

Next....guess I will try the mini trampoline tonight?