Old 04-07-2009, 02:31 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

It didn't bother me at all when I turned 30, but when I became 40 and single, I became conscious of my weight. When I turned 50 and I was still single, I became conscious of my weight again. I just couldn't get the weight off. At 52, for some reason, I started to like myself and accept myself, I think because a lot of stressors disappeared and I had time to focus on myself. I started to notice people who were older than me who looked very attractive, even when they were overweight. So I thought I was being too hard on myself. I just hope I'm not 60 and single, but if I am, I'll be okay with it.
Jada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #47  

Jada, trust me, when you reach 60, you will be fine!! I am 65 and how and when I got here is something I marvel at!

You know what they say--inside every old woman is a young woman, wondering what happened!
sunnywarmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #48  
EACH DAY A NEW BEGINNING!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Thought I'd inject a little in this post, I'm way past 50. I don't actually remember turning 50 at all, guess I was just to busy at that time in my life. My second Dh had passed away, and left me in hot water, so was basically working myself to death.
But I do remember turning 60, I couldn't believe I was that old. It was really strange how I just could not except the fact I was that old. Then I stopped and took a good look at myself, oh ya I was definatelly turning into an old lady. My hair went gray when Dh passed, but now I see lots of wrinkles that I had not noticed before.....never did wear make-up, but now wonder if I shouldn't start.
In the last two or three years the sags have started....but I am still comfortable in my own skin, so to speak, I still don't see myself as all that old. Sometimes the aches and pains let me know that I am though....
tryingitagain is offline   Reply With Quote