Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #46  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi Rosey, Glad to meet you. Sounds like you've had one heck of a journey the last few months. I thought your name sounded familiar and sure enough you made a post back at the beginning of July. I'll keep you in my prayers and that you'll prove the doctors wrong in the right way.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #47  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . .

I'm having a mighty strange day -- the sun is finally shining and the temperature is relatively cool -- you'd think I'd be in a terrific mood; but, I'm actually feeling kind of draggy. A bit of a headache and both the blood sugar and the weight are in an upward blip-mode. Guess my body just got used to the endless rain. Hope the sunny and cool continues for some time -- but the rest can go away again, please and thank you.

Glad to see you back ROSEY. Also thrilled to hear about the weight loss and the fact that you are proving the doctor wrong on the walking situation.

Oh BOBBI, I imagine that GS will learn pretty quickly, especially after a tour of duty in the chicken coop.

Good Luck with the list ISABELLA . . .

Hey PAMP, -- I use a lighted magnifier for doing cross-stitch and it seems to help a lot. Somehow, staring at the computer screen never seems to rest my eyes.

Hi K3 . . . and everybody else, wherever you are.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:27 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

hi all....But most of all HI ROSEY! We've missed you and have been so worried when you popped in and disappeared again. Most the GG are around and popping in at least weekly. Zoe has been gone as long as you have...thought maybe you2 had gone a world cruise together???

Tons of hugs and keep up the PT....we need your funny sense of humor here! Wow.....such so proud of you! Karen3
Old 08-07-2008, 09:00 AM   #49  

Height: 5'1"

Morning all,

Rosey, I'm so glad to hear from you! Sorry to hear that you were in the hospital again. You're showing those Dr.'s not to make predictions huh? can't keep a good girl down!!

Pampgal, I hate the dentist more than the Dr.....no wait, I hate the dr. more than the dentist....no, wait.......can we have a tie here? Glad to hear that your DD is doing well. Did you enjoy spending time with the grandkids?

Karen, I'm enving your new laptop. Did you notice how green I was? I keep bugging DH for one. Now he says he has to have one for work! He won't use it once a month!!! I need one..whine, whine... I mis Zoe too. Don't know what happened to her.

Bobbi, By the time you're finished with DGS he will be sooo happy to mow the lawn!! ha!!

Isabella, I always have a running list too. Just helps me stay organized and get things done. I'm a list person.

Freda
Old 08-07-2008, 09:05 AM   #50  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Life in Nova Scotia seems just about back to normal again -- it's raining. -- a little different though in that it is now cold and wet instead of hot and wet. We'll be lucky to hit the low 70's today. We have been having a miserable summer so far.

Hope the rest of you are getting decent weather -- see you later . . .

Last edited by meowee; 08-07-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #51  
Isabella

Hello everyone. As you can see I am still working on that list from yesterday. I think a few of these items will be ongoing for a few more days.

_____Practice Song for church (song has been picked out)
_____Sort file cabinet things
_____Find children’s story for church
_____Hair cut (arrangements have been made)
_____Hem black pants
_____Hem blue pants

The pants that need to be hemmed have been in my drawer for over 2.5 years. I bought them the year I retired and was losing weight. I bought them a size smaller than I was wearing but I never got to wear them as I gained all the weight back. Now, here I am just about ready to fit into them again. The best thing about these pants is that they were on sale when I bought them and originally cost about $55 a pair and I bought them for $15. The store still sells them and the price is about the same so I feel as if I got a bargain all over again, ha, ha.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:06 PM   #52  

Morning everyone..another rainy day here.. we have had rain all summer i was reading the msn page on puter this am and they had an article of 7 foods we should be eating, thought id pass it on..spinach,walnuts,honey,salmon,oats,dk chocolate ,and blueberries..i also made a new salad with chopped up tomatoes,walla onions sliced,balsamic vinegar,olive oil, and salad croutons..its was really tasty..the pt lady should be here soon and torture me for an hr..i know its good for me..hope u all have a great day.. rosey
Old 08-07-2008, 04:00 PM   #53  
In Pursuit

S/C/G: 225 / 209 / 180

Height: 5' 4"

Talking A Good Thursday to All!

Rosey, it’s nice to meet you! I’m thrilled you’re on that walker and with bigger aspirations too! I know PT has its own rewards.

Bobbi, how’d the DGS do with his work improvement program?

Freda, I had a list of things I needed to accomplish when I returned to work today – I had to ask a co-worker what one of my cryptic notes meant – I’d forgotten in 5 days!

Meowee, you need some of our Southern sunshine today!

Isabella, my mother bought me a bunch of clothes for my BD at the first of the year when I was much lower too - some need hemming also. Now that I’m back on the loosing track I’ll be digging them out of the back of my closet for a new wardrobe reward!

My WI recognized my 3# loss that was on the accountability thread : – finally! We talked about exercise at the WW meeting. I’ll be visiting the treadmill again this evening even though I’m tired from lack of sleep (another weight robber).

We’ve replaced our TV and internet cable with the fiber-optic option that’s new to our area. Seems to be more stable and reliable. However, we’re so spoiled - we’re having to go back to only 1 DVR in the house – no more his and hers. The internet is fast though!

Back to work!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #54  

Evening all....I have had a ball setting up this new laptop. Still get into weird places and have had to shut down and reboot a few times. They forgot to send me a seat belt. The speed just about blews me off the chair. Webcam is neat until i looked at all the spots(liver) on my face! i figured a way to prop my head on hand so the wrinkles get squeezed behind my fingers. Do the games i found count as exercise??? Nah, I knew that but tried anyway.

I love to cook and create new recipes. We'll have something out and come home in try to make it...sometimes even better. So far this week I have made fresh grilled tuna and scallop pizza. There are alot of small bay scallops here right now. So made a pizza with wheat crust, lfmozzella cheese, red pepper slices, sweet onion slices, mushrooms, plum tomato seeded/sliced, garlic and scallops. Baked for 20 mnutes.......we ate the whole thing! Actually good enough to serve company!!

Been lecturing DH....might even tape his mouth shut. Seems that the sister of a good friend's wife has just been arrested. The police called it Operation Net Vet Harlot.....she was running an internet service from her job at veterinary clinic. i am not touching any of this, but one liners keep popping up. Lordy if he talks to his friend I know he will put both feet in his mouth!!!

Time for my glass of ice water and the last of the sunset....hugs, karen3
Old 08-08-2008, 10:36 AM   #55  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning!
Everyone must be enjoying August as the threads are slow. Next month I'll be very busy making gobs of Applesauce, two of the trees are loaded.
Yesterday we had our GS do lots of outside work.

He did a fantastic job and we never have problems with him. He was a joy to have around. Pampgal...
PHP Code:
Bobbihow’d the DGS do with his work improvement program? :sumo
Below are some helpful hints, I apoligize ahead of time if these are old ones I've posted before.
Tips/August

ICED COFFEE. I save a lot of money making my own iced coffee. I brew a pot of coffee and then pour the leftover coffee into an ice cube tray and freeze. I can add these cubes to iced coffee and they don't water down the drink. Doreen, email

KITCHEN STORAGE. If you have a small kitchen or pantry, it can be hard to find storage, especially for odd items. Then, I hung a shoe organizer over the inside of my pantry door. I placed my boxes of storage bags, foil, plastic wrap as well as all my spices and odd things I need to grab quickly, like baby bibs or straws, in each of the compartments. Tricia P., Arizona

BANANA TIP. Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them connected at the stem, they ripen faster. Michele R., email

QUICK SCRUB. While I'm waiting around for the shower water to warm up, I grab a brush and use that water to scrub the tub. Doing this daily keeps the shower clean without wasting extra time or water! Tina C., Texas

SCREEN CLEANER. I learned from a technical support person that coffee filters are perfect to use as non-static dusting cloths for computer screens. The filters also work well to clean magnetic contacts on printer cartridges, which cannot be wiped with anything that may leave fiber residue. Name Withheld, email

CLEAN A VASE. To remove a stain from the bottom of a glass vase or cruet, fill it with water and drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets. Swish and then rinse. The glass should be clear again. Sharon, email

BOTTLE OPENER. At the office I could not open a bottle of vanilla extract. Because I had no rubber gloves, I wrapped a rubber band around the top and twisted. With little effort I had that top off in seconds. I went ahead and left the rubber band in place, so I wouldn't forget my own tip! Sandy, email

WARRANTY ORGANIZER. When I need to save receipts and warranties for products purchased, I use my scanner to save the image on my computer. I have a folder for warranties and another for receipts. The name of the image is the item purchased. If I need to read a warranty, I have it on the computer. This is much easier than looking through paper folders. Regina W., email
Old 08-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #56  

Moning all....Checked in and thought I was all alone in chickland. Decided to ask Bobbie about bootcamp and instantly up she popped. I love to read hints...guess I'm a Heloises addict. Thank you.

Free day...no bridge, no chores and nothing planned. Kind of day where if am not carefull could end up noshing away. Not from hunger. Sighhhhhhhhhh, will I ever grow up?

Linda...I'll send you some of our sunshine...Just ran some water in kiddy pool for Dash and as a joke stuck pool temp gismo in and tap water is 84 degrees.
yuck! Almost hot enough to make a cuppa tea.

Off to find something to get into ...later..hugs, Karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 08-08-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:22 PM   #57  

morning everyone..its sunny out today,and i was up early..I am planning my first outing tonight..my dd and i are going to play bingo..im really looking forward to doing something fun and not medical related..hope u all have a great weekend.. rosey
Old 08-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #58  
Onward and Downward

Another day is rushing right on by . . . don't know where the time gets to somedays. It's overcast and humid but still fairly cool today in NS.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #59  

Height: 5' 8"

Hi everybody. As usual, I've been lurking but remiss in the posting department.

Welcome back Rosey! Gosh, and I thought my weight loss methods were hard Good for you for hanging on to your grit and not giving up So glad to hear you are doing better.

I've got 2 apple trees that are already getting ripe Bobbi. I know this because Blue now goes out as soon as she's finished her "dinner" and picks an apple for dessert. Pretty funny to watch - she goes all around the tree sniffing at the fruit. When she stands on hind legs she's almost as tall as I am so she can sniff quite a lot. Sometimes she'll circle the tree more than once until she finds just the right apple. Then she picks it (just one) and takes it back into the house to eat. (Once again, thank heavens for tile floors ) I'll probably have to pick everything I can reach this weekend or I won't have any left

We're having our *monsoon* weather pattern here which means it not only hot, now it's humid too . The rainstorms are really isolated but the valley is so wide open you can see the rain moving across it. Had an odd one the other day - I was in the back yard and it started to rain - not a downpour but enough that I was worried about having left the window open on my car. Zipped through the house to the front driveway - barely a drop in front. Thought I was losing it so I peeked through the side gate and sure enough, I could see on the sidewalk where the rain "stopped". Worked out well for me - my front yard is desert landscaping (cacti and rocks) but I'm still holding on to my grass and fruit trees in the back .

Hope you all have an amazing weekend
Old 08-08-2008, 07:15 PM   #60  
Isabella

A lovely, blue sky day here with the temperature to match. It's just sundown now and I really didn't accomplish everything I had planned on doing today but that's life.

We received bad news about a close friend of ours. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor today and will have surgery as soon as possible. Our families have been friends for years and our kids grew up together. He's only 46. Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts.

DH, just about has the new deck finished. He has to put up the railing around it and put in a set of steps but it's finished enough to use. Maybe I can get some patio/deck furniture on sale this time of year and be up and running for next spring/summer.

Bobbi, those tips are quite useful. I didn't know that about bananas. I shall dutifully separate them from now on.

Rosie, glad to see you're up and about. Hope you have a good outing with your DD.

Karen3, I can eat all day long too if I don't keep a check on things. I like to be busy all the time even if it's just reading posts on 3FC.

Apple tree people, I am jealous!!!
Closed Thread