Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:27 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I have quite a few pairs of SAS shoes. I guess I mentioned that before - over 50, ya know. I like one of each color and a couple of extras.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:32 AM   #77  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

I own five pair of SAS shoes--my three colors of dress shoes and two of the sandal-type, which are great!

And I just got two brand new pairs of Adidas athletic shoes!

Jo, I would not let those atomic frog balls within ten feet! I dislike Brussels sprouts under most circumstances, let alone pickled.

What is it about the class that you don't like, Jo? Just wondering since you seem so set on getting a machine...

I'm rushing as usual... been having a really good week with food and exercise. Regular exercise really is a key component for me.

Cheers!
Jay
Old 03-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #78  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Jay -
what I don't like about the classes:
1. extra cost
2. the schedule: times offered are not the best for me. Doable, yes, but not optimal.
3. the classes work all the muscle groups in each class. I would prefer to alternate muscle groups, so that I can get a resistance training workout on consecutive days (ideally, that would be every day.) I have read about the advantages of strength training over cardio for prolonged metabolism boosting over the next several hours following the workout, so I'd like to be able to do it every day.

By the way, The Boss says go for it, get it, drill holes in the wall, he doesn't care.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:07 PM   #79  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi gang . . .

Just one of those busy days . . . hopefully tomorrow will be better and I'll get on-line a lot earlier.

See you . . .
Old 03-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #80  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Default Hi Everyone.

I have been around reading but not writing much. It is great reading the banter. You guys always make me smile. I want a husband like CD'S and a hat and wig like Jo's and all of your enthusiasm for exercise. It escapes me so.
Jo where on earth do you work. Nice to have a boss to be so supportive. I have asked ours to quit rewarding us with donuts so Monday they are having a pancake breakfast. Yuck.

We just changed the time an hour ahead. It was just getting nice and light out in the morning and I was thinking that will make it easier to get to the gym. But now it is dark again at 630am. I am going to set a buzzer tonight so that I will have to get up. The music puts me back to sleep.

Jo do you belong to a chain of gyms?? what a great place it sounds like. I would just like to try Chi ball but they seem to have a lot going on.

I am off to weigh in tonight and think I have lost a couple of pounds. It is slow but I am not going anywhere. You are either on the losing side or the gaining side and I want to stay on the losing.

Cd enjoy Chicago. Never been there. Hope your hubby is going with you. Have fun.
Talk to you all again soon......Jude
Old 03-13-2008, 08:56 AM   #81  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, gang . . .
Old 03-13-2008, 03:00 PM   #82  
Day at a Time

Back today. Down 2 lbs this week. Heading in the right direction!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 03:17 PM   #83  

I've been a little unsure of whether I am "active" enough to join this group. So just kick me out if I'm not. I sit on my butt at this computer far too often and I have the housework thing pretty well down (my house is just comfortably clean to me..I"m not a perfetionist that way), so I don't have a lot of work to do, but I'm also not sitting in a rocking chair waiting for death either. I enjoy life and keep busy doing things I enjoy.

As far as exercise is concerned when at home I go to the gym 5x week and participate in stretch classes (30-40 min) and cardio circuit class (40 min). One of the stretch classes and the cardio are senior classes. I workout pretty aggressively for a senior class but doubt I could keep up with a regular class. I tried doing it on my own with weight machines but I get bored with that easily.

Currently we are on the road and we walk 5-6 days a week for 30-40 min at a brisk pace.

So if this is "active" enough, I'll post now and then. If not just let me know and I promise not to be upset.

edited to say:
Just saw the question about the music. I'm funny about music....I absoutely LOVE music and love to sing (around the house, in the car, even walking in a mall (quietly)) but I don't often listen to music. I don't like listening to a radio in general, have an ipod (won 2 of them) that I never use...don't know why. But I do love almost anyknd of music..from the past or curent. ...exception is the really hard rock/Heavy Metal stuff .but I do like some rap which seems to be unusual for my age My son used to be a rapper and kinda taught me to like some of it. My favorite music though is Christian...both old gospel and contemporary....and country. I like to listen to music when I don't have to stick something in my ears and it's stictly music (no talking) and I can sing along with it mostly. I love my church because we have wonderful worship services with lots of music and singing.

Last edited by maryea; 03-13-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:32 PM   #84  
Onward and Downward

I'd say you definitely meet the "active" requirements MARY.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #85  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

I'd say your more active than some of us here, Mary! "Active" is more a state of mind anyway...

I just found out today what this one song is that I've been hearing for years. The radio never identified it when it played, I guess 'cause everyone knows it. It's "Kiss From A Rose" by Seal. Really interesting song! And I'm glad to finally know.

Went to St. Petersburg Museum of Fine Art today--hadn't been there before. It's a good museum--has some impressionists including a few Monets and a number of works from other periods. Also a great modern art room. We went specifically to see some Indian and Buddhist sacred art; a small exhibit, but had some nice things--statues, small thanka paintings.

After that we took a long walk down St. Petersburg Pier. We'll have to go again--we would have liked to stay longer, but I hadn't thought to wear any sunscreen and it was going to be too much to stay out.

And, we had hot dogs!

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 03-13-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:55 PM   #86  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Welcome, Mary - Gosh, you are WAY active!
Old 03-13-2008, 06:29 PM   #87  
Day at a Time

I argee Mary. I am not keeping up to you! By the way what are SAS shoes??
I am Canadian eh?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:16 PM   #88  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

San Antonio Shoes.

Jay
Old 03-13-2008, 07:33 PM   #89  

Well, thanks for accepting me.

hijude, I didn't know what SAS shoes were either! And I don't think I have ever heard that song JayEll. I will check it out.

My dh and I love to travel and I like to go to musums. My dh goes with me but is a bit reluctant at times. But he's a good sport.

I forgot to mention another thing I do...kind of a hobby I guess...I like to enter sweepstakes and I have won some nice things. Any other sweepers here?

I've been hungry this afternoon but have managed to stick it out on one snack. Tonight we are going to the street fair in Palm Springs. We always go there when we are in the area. I'm taking a list and if the prices are good will buy some produce there. We are eating at a Chinese Restaurant that we like...we tried it in Jan when we were here and have wanted to go back since then. My plan is to right away ask for a box for at last 1/2 my meal to keep from overeating. I will allow myself to buy one snack from one of the stands though. So my calories may be up some but hopefully not too badly.

Last edited by maryea; 03-13-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #90  
Onward and Downward

Sounds like a good plan MARY . . . but if you are like most of us, don't be surprised if the sodium in the chinese food makes you retain some water for a day or two; it will only be a temporary thing.
Closed Thread