Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 09:54 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Joanne. I hope you had a nice day.

Boy, I feel like I've missed so much. Happy engagement too Joanne.

I'm still working on costumes. It seems like I never leave the sewing machine these days. I try to make it to Jazzercise a couple times a week and I'm trying to eat good choices. My goal is to have all the costumes out of my house by the 15th, so I can get my life back to normal and start getting back to the boards. Of course, people are still ordering costumes everyday and expecting them to be made and delivered in time for Halloween.

I'm off to bed so I can start all over again tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:58 AM   #92  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
Happy belated Birthday Joanne, sorry I wasn't on the site much yesterday. We looked at many condo's, found one we can't live without. Now we'll see if we can sell our acreage in times where nothing is selling in our area. I'm sure going to miss our 6 sweet laying hens!
Now that I'm back after a summer from h*ll, I've noticed a sticky on recipes. I love that and always happy to try your favorite recipes. Meowee, I printed out your Fiber One pancake recipe and will try it for lunch. I love pancakes! I posted one for Pumpkin pancakes that was sent to me this morning, I haven't tried it yet and Splenda didn't post the calories, you'll have to figure that out yourselves.

Have a good one, Bobbi
Old 10-09-2007, 09:05 AM   #93  
Lifetime Loser

Good Morning everyone,

I was posessed by the food devil last night. I had chicken fingers and french fries at Applebees. I never order that.....it was good but I think I just liked the honey mustard sauce that came with it!!!

My foot seems to be better, I walked the dog without pain and limping last night....maybe soon I can get back to my walking every day, I miss it. I am doing my Oxysize (deep breathing exercises) but it's not the same.

I need to get 2 granddaughters birthday presents out this week, I love shopping for clothes for all of them, they will be 3 this month. Then I guess on Thursday the bathing suit hunt will be on..........I am so not looking forward to that adventure.

No action on the condo.....going to be a LONG haul, we are hoping it will pick up in January when all the snowbirds are back.

Everyone have a great day.

Phyllis

Last edited by floridarusty; 10-09-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:47 AM   #94  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

I slept in a bit this morning and, although it certainly felt good, I'm now running late and will be for the rest of the day no doubt. Such a creature of habit I am.

My in-box this morning yielded an interesting little article from the American Dietetic Association ranking the top diets from the point of view of heart health . . . http://www.everydayhealth.com/public...HC:%20Diabetes . . . number one (not surprisingly) was the Ornish plan; but they admit it is not an easy diet to stick with.

Hope you like those pancakes, BOBBI . . . but mine are the ones with oatmeal, egg whites, and cottage cheese - no Fibre One. I eat them a lot, at least every third day or so. Will take a look at your Pumpkin Pancakes as soon as I finish here. I just about anything pumpkin.

Hey PHYLLIS . . . don't beat yourself up, we all have little melt-downs from time to time. I love going out to eat with someone I know will order French Fries so I can sneak one or two of their plate --that's all it takes to get me past the craving that the smell of them always stirs up. Glad the foot is coming along well.

Hang in there, PAULA . . . We will still be here when Halloween has passed for another year. Good luck meeting your 15th deadline.

OOPS, sorry KAREN . . . you asked a while back about my relationship with Tramp and Gadzella. Think we are coming along. Funny part, originally I thought I would be better with the Tramp, but find it is bothering my ankles; whereas I'm very pleased with the Gazelle (so far). Really gets my heart rate up without making anything in particular hurt. Of course, I'm only up to about 5 minutes so far.

Looks like we are having another overcast and coolish day. The high is only predicted to be about 12C-13C (low to mid 50s F). Somehow I don't think the good stuff is totally over yet, though. Anyway, I have nothing too big on my agenda for the day . . . need a few groceries, but that's about as exciting as it gets. Hope you all have a great Tuesday, gang. Keep doing the good stuff just as much as you can and the rewards will surely follow. See you later . . .
Old 10-09-2007, 10:29 AM   #95  
Bobbi

Quote:
Hope you like those pancakes, BOBBI . . . but mine are the ones with oatmeal, egg whites, and cottage cheese - no Fibre One. I eat them a lot, at least every third day or so. Will take a look at your Pumpkin Pancakes as soon as I finish here. I just about anything pumpkin.
Right Linda, I actually copied two of them, one for the protein pancakes and Ella's meat loaf/meatballs. I just forgot which one the Fiber One was in.
Bobbi
Old 10-09-2007, 12:51 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Bobbi, you are going to love those protein pancakes!! I had them for breakfast this morning! And sometimes I have had them for supper too! Love them. I will have to try the pumpkin one that you posted . They sound very good too! Good Luck with selling your property. After about 3 months of us trying to sell it ourselves we finally called a realtor yesterday morning! They are coming out Thursday with a photographer so guess I need to get this all ready to show again and to a photographer!!

Paula, I envy you so much knowing how to sew! I got my Mom's sewing machine when she passed away about 6 years ago. It is a Pfaff and in a beautiful maple cabinet. We brought it out here from MO. and I took it in and had it cleaned and tuned up with all the intentions of doing something with it. Now I haven't done anything with it yet! I guess it intimidates me because my Mom did so well with it and loved it so much. Guess I need to get over that fear!

Phyllis, the "food " got me yesterday too! I started out good and even did 35 minutes on the treadmill which ended up being 1.68 miles. Why is it when you do WATP's you can do 3 miles in about 45 minutes but on the treadmill you don't even come close to that? Anyway, the day just became more stressfull and I ended up eating more trying to figure out what I wanted so I didn't even try to keep track of my calories yesterday! So will start fresh today!

Meowee-- I'm still watching craigslist for a gazelle. I'm not sure where I will put it if I find it but still hoping to find a good deal. But if I do that means at least one more thing to pack and move to MO. if we ever sell here!

HEY! Where is everyone else at these days!! Zoe-- did you go for a bike ride and never come back???

Theresa, Cat, Lyn, Lily, Alice and I'm sure that I have probably forgot someone but where is everyone???

Everybody take care and I'll check back later.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:54 PM   #97  
LindaD

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Wink

Good Morning:

I've been very busy so I haven't posted since Friday. I'm having another busy week but I need to put aside time to post. It helps me stay on track and it's always nice seeing how everyone is doing. I'm staying on my eating and exercise program. I don't know what it is but I have so much motivation. I am determined to get into my smaller clothes. I haven't weighed myself this week but I tried on a pair of slacks this morning which I haven't been able to wear for about a year and a half and guess what......I could pull them over my hips to my delight and the best part was I could zip them without a problem and have a little room in the waist. I was so happy and after dancing around for a minute and yelling yippee I finally could see I am getting smaller. I was just telling some of the ladies I work with that I see that I'm losing on the scales but I can't tell when I look in the mirror. Today I could tell especially with the smaller slacks on. Ahhhhhhh, success smells so sweet.

Karen: Great pictures. You are a lovely woman.

Joanne: I'm thrilled for you. What a romantic way to propose and a great memory. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited by LindaD; 10-09-2007 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:01 PM   #98  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Smile Still here

I'm still here..haven't felt the urge to post much, but have been reading all of the posts. Also writing a bit on my blog...see the link under my photo...I lost another pound at my monday night weigh in...now Im hallfway to goal. LindaD..I'm so excited about your visible success. Nice when you can see results. I went shopping this weekend for the summer closeouts and fit into a pair of bermuda shorts that were a size smaller than my normal size. YES!

I'll have to try those pancakes..I love pancakes.

Have to take our kitten (1 year old) cat to the vet tonite. Check-up time. Should be a challenge by myself.

Big hi to everyone...

Lyn

Last edited by lynard21; 10-09-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:03 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Even though my course ended last night, I still have to review and grade all of their final papers. Therefore, I won't be able to get back "for real" until Thursday or Friday.

Looking forward to full participation soon.

Lynn
Old 10-09-2007, 10:21 PM   #100  

Hi everyone.. thought i would share a new recipe i tried tonight.. its called Maple-Apple chicken breasts..i 'll post it in the recipes section..its a ww recipe but i made it sf as im diabetic.. all i can say is it was really yummy!! ttfn rosey
Old 10-10-2007, 12:26 AM   #101  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Still here too, but haven't been able to read much or post. My daughter (Jen) was here from NC for a visit, and I have been keeping Sara company while she is on her maternity leave. And running supplies to Jason (he's been sick ~ I don't know what ~ from his description sounded like maybe food poisoning).

Had a nice visit with Jen. She brought her boyfriend along ~ first time I got to meet him. He seems real nice ~ she said she thinks he's the one.

Got to watch Corbin play baseball tonight. He made some good plays and was all excited about that.

Madison was awake and real alert tonight ~ she seemed to be looking at people and watching them. Fun to watch her and the expressions she makes.

Had a couple vacation days ~ Friday the fun's over ~ back to work. Oh well.

Take care all
Old 10-10-2007, 08:23 AM   #102  
Bobbi

Quote:
Bobbi, you are going to love those protein pancakes!! I had them for breakfast this morning! And sometimes I have had them for supper too! Love them. I will have to try the pumpkin one that you posted . They sound very good too! Good Luck with selling your property. After about 3 months of us trying to sell it ourselves we finally called a realtor yesterday morning! They are coming out Thursday with a photographer so guess I need to get this all ready to show again and to a photographer!!
Karen: We're going in this morning to sign the papers for our new home, then we'll have all the realtors out to view, take pictures etc. I'll just die if we don't get this home, it's brand new and beautiful. It'll be nice to be in the same town as our DD and two grandkids. We make so many trips into town, (20-30 mile round trip) and it's time we started taking life easy.
I'm was going to try the Protein pancakes yesterday but DH ate all the cottage cheese, maybe I'll make French toast this morning instead.
Have a great day fellow Golden Girls!
Bobbi

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-10-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:28 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Paula, sounds like you're in an avalanche of costumes. Hope you're enjoying it. I hope you'll let us see some.

Hi Bobbi, congratulations on your losses. You're doing great this month.

Hi Phyllis, be sure to start back slowly with your exercising. Try not to hurt that foot again.

Hi Linda (Meowee), Maybe I'll look into the Ornish diet. Have you tried it?

Hi Karen, I picked up your prize while I was in NYC. Putting it in the mail today.

Hi LindaD, you wrote, "... I see that I'm losing on the scales but I can't tell when I look in the mirror. Today I could tell especially with the smaller slacks on."
I always look thinner to me when I wear something new/old that fits better. I think we sometimes hide our losses by continuing to wear clothes that are too big.

Hi Lyn, a BIG CONGRATULATIONS on another pound lost!

Hi Rosey, I'm going to try that chicken recipe. I'm diabetic also.

Hi Glynne, glad you're enjoying your family.

I'm taking antibiotics in preparation for some dental surgery on Monday - feeling really blah. Should be good for weight in terms of eating, but not exercising. I was supposed to go scrapping today, but I cancelled.
I've got a rental car while mine is being fixed - from accident a couple of weeks ago. Between not feeling good & not having my own car, I decided not to risk driving so far - we travel around 40 miles when we go scrapping.

Lynn
Old 10-10-2007, 09:25 AM   #104  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Default I'm back....

And probably 5 pounds heavier. Will I weigh myself to see the damage up close? Nuh-uh. You know me. Better not to know. What you can't see won't hurt you...
ANYWAY, had a fantastic week with my sis...have to drive her to the airport this AM and then it's back to my lifestyle change (again). Tsk.
We climbed rocks, visited with our 92-year-old aunt whom neither of us has seen for years and years, and weren't even sure she was still alive, but am attaching a picture of my cousin, my sister, my aunt & me in front of Aunt's house, which I remember as this HUGE big place and is, in reality, only a small little cape codder.
We did some boating, bicycling, visiting, EATING <gulp> and I just wasn't very good about that, I'm afraid. I'm hoping all the exercise prevented me from gaining TOO much, but I'm not real optimistic.

Here are pics:

In order (If it let's me attach them all) are:
1. Cousin, sis, auntie & me
2. Me
3. Me & sis out on Sakonnet Point at sunset; we walked the whole thing
4. Me
5. Me at Jamestown in front of friend's condo right across from the harbor; just gorgeous!

Oh, how I hate going back to work tomorrow, but I have to, because I'll be using up the rest of my vacation days out in L.A. next month!

I missed you all! Gotta read & catch up!

TTFN.

Z

Last edited by ellabella; 02-13-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:34 PM   #105  
LindaD

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Wink

It's a little cooler today. It's going to be in the 70's and sunny. I'm going to have another busy weekend. Thursday evening I'm going to see 5 dance companies perform at the Orange County Performing Arts Center, a friend is visiting on Friday evening, visiting a sick friend on Saturday morning and going to a concert to see Brooks and Dunn, Alan Jackson, and several other performers Saturday afternoon, meeting a friend for church on Sunday morning and another friend for lunch, and resting on Sunday evening. Phew!!! I'm tired already but I should have a good time.

Lyn: Congratulations on your 1 pound loss and getting into a smaller size. Keep up the good work!

Lynn: It's almost over and you can get back to your normal routine soon. I hope your dental surgery goes well.

Rosey: Thanks for the receipe. I'll give it a try.

Bobbi: I hope all goes well with the closing of your new home.

Zoe: I'm so glad you had a good tme with your sister. You are gorgeous! Great pictures! You did all that walking and bike riding so you probably didn't gain anything. Here's hoping....

To everyone I didn't mention, I hope you have a lovely day.

Last edited by LindaD; 10-10-2007 at 12:36 PM.
Closed Thread