Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 08:55 AM   #136  
Lifetime Loser

Hi Golden Girls, we seem to missing a few regular members this month....hope y'all will come back.

I thinking this will be another pool morning.....tan is looking better! Sorry Zoe.
I do know you want to swim too....but sounds like you have some tan/color. I bet you look good with your hair pulled back.

I got a perm a couple weeks ago and I hate it, just totally dried my hair out and the place I went to was expensive and usually the stylist does so well with my very fine hair. Oh well it will grow out.

Lyn, I love your cat....I think white cats are beautiful. She must be pretty smart to use the remote!

Gail, nice to see you. You look great. Welcome and nice to be getting to know you.

Lynn, feel better.....you will be on the mend soon. I really miss my walking, I might try a mile today and see how the foot does. Can't believe we will be starting our vacation and reunion next week, seems like we've been waiting forever and now it's here.....wish I'd lost more weight! Oh well.

Joanne, love the pictures....beautiful place. Handsome hubby to be. You look so happy and like Zoe said your beautiful don't worry about a few extra pounds. Aren't Egales something to see in the wild, so huge and beautiful, I've seen Grizzly bears in the Rocky Mts., one young cub actually climbed on our car...they caught him and flew him back up deep in the mountians.

Sorry got to run, carpet cleaners are here bright and early.

Hi to everyone....have a great weekend.

Phyllis
Old 10-13-2007, 08:56 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Hi everybody . . .

If you guys want to start a PHOTO GALLERY go for it and I'll turn it into a sticky. BTW . . . LYNN . . . are you going to put together the thread for the Winners of the monthly challenges so I can get that sticky going, too?
See you all later . . .
Hi Linda, we were posting at the same time. I'll put something together. Should I send to you or post on the site?

Lynn
Old 10-13-2007, 09:25 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning!! Just a quick stop here this morning--- Phyllis, I was just reading about your perm and you not liking it. I did that a while back and I didn't like it either. I don't know if you know but you can go to the store and pick up a perm there and just put it on your hair and comb it through, leave it on as long as it says and just keep combiing it ever so often. It will take the perm out fine and won't damage your hair. BUT don't forget the neutralizer!! Just wanted to catch you and let you know that. I need to get some breakfast going and get things picked up and straightened up around here to get ready to go to Jade's birthday bar-b-que!
I'll check back later......
Old 10-13-2007, 09:46 AM   #139  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Quote:
Hi Bobbi, I like the photo gallery idea. Where would we post it?
Thanks, I thought it was a good idea and glad some of you will participate. Meowee, sticky would be great. Lynn, I think you're the computer genius, can you set it up please?

Bobbi
Old 10-13-2007, 10:06 AM   #140  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi again . . .

KAREN . . . a reverse perm . . . great idea . . . I used to have a perm (helped to dry out my overly oily hair a little) but then when it came time to get another one, it really seemed to turn my hair into a brittle mess; and these were professional perms. Do you think the DIY kind are gentler? I have very fine hair.

LYNN . . . put together whatever you'd like to see and just post it here on the forum and then I can sticky it from there. If I think it needs any changes, I'll PM you; but I doubt it will . . . the challenge is your baby, Chickie.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:26 AM   #141  

Linda, you can buy the gentle perm at the store and that is all you need to do a "reverse perm" The hair straighteners that are sold are so bad for your hair and I found this out from a hair stylest. My hair is also very fine and I haven't had any trouble doing this. In fact, the last time I went and had a perm done "professionally" I looked like a Poodle with the frizzies!! I just went to the store the next day and bought a gentle perm at the grocery store and just combed it through!! What a relief!
Old 10-13-2007, 10:33 AM   #142  

Lynn, If you noticed I had to move my ticker "UP" this week-- I gained a pound!! So if I don't get back on track you are definitely going to pass me up not just catch me!! But I had to move it --- I just can't leave it and hope I lose what I gained. Now I have to get busy and get that pound off and then some!! Take care....
Old 10-13-2007, 02:07 PM   #143  

Morning GG's.. another cold day here but most of our snow melted.. my little dog daisy does not like the snow(shes 8months old,and a mixed jackrussel,shi-zu,pomeranian and has a sister, a golden reteivier)i am babysitting my grdd tonight and one of her girlfriends so ive got some things planned to keep two 9 yr olds busy..ive been cleaning up after daisy as she all puppy still and lovs to drag out shoes socks toys and rips up paper.. i didnt know u could reverse a perm.. thanks as sometimes when i have my hair done i look like FiFi the poodle..hoping u all have a fun weekend (((hugs))) rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 10-13-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:24 PM   #144  

Ok i want a do over morning.. have u ever had one of those days..im sure u all have.. well my dh wanted pancakes for breakfast.. and becuz its just the 2 of us i get those little bisquick shake and pour pancake mix.. well as i was reshaking the mix getting ready to pour and the lid came offthere was batter flung everywhere it was on the walls, floor, counter tops ,in my hair, on daisy,oh my gosh what a mess.. all i could do was laugh and start cleaning.. now my kitchens spotless but this kinda excitement i dont need.. thought id share the moment rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 10-13-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:01 PM   #145  

Default Gallery of Beautiful Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Thanks, I thought it was a good idea and glad some of you will participate. Meowee, sticky would be great. Lynn, I think you're the computer genius, can you set it up please?

Bobbi
Nope - I just use 'em. Don't know anything about setting up something like this. What about Cat?

Cat, how would we set up someplace where we can all post and view our photos?

Lynn
Old 10-13-2007, 04:41 PM   #146  
Onward and Downward

If I might just make a suggestion . . .

Why not just a Sticky called OUR PHOTO ALBUM . . . that seems to be what they've done in some other forums with fair success. Then those that wish can simply put pics in there the same as we have put pics into our regular chat threads in the past.

I try to use the KISS principle whenever possible. Usually works out.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:27 PM   #147  
Lifetime Loser

Thanks Karen, I will probably try that. I have a really good conditioner that I will put on it and let it really soak in and see if that helps first if not I'm off to the store....

Thanks, Phyllis
Old 10-13-2007, 07:50 PM   #148  

Default An idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
If I might just make a suggestion . . .

Why not just a Sticky called OUR PHOTO ALBUM . . . that seems to be what they've done in some other forums with fair success. Then those that wish can simply put pics in there the same as we have put pics into our regular chat threads in the past.

I try to use the KISS principle whenever possible. Usually works out.

Hi Linda,

This gives me another idea - how about we just edit our post in the intro thread (up in the sticky area) & add some photos to each of our posts?

Lynn
Old 10-13-2007, 08:41 PM   #149  
Onward and Downward

That's even simpler . . . I like it . . .

BTW . . . very pleased to say that I had a good day -- food and exercise-wise and BGL finished up pretty good, too.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:56 PM   #150  
Starting over 11/03/16

S/C/G: 325/Ticker/299

Height: 5' 4"

Hi All, hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Phyllis - It's been in the low 80's here for the last few days. It's been a great break from the 90's we've had for the last few months. It's so nice to be able to turn off the air conditioning for awhile and I was able to spend a couple of hours today doing yard work without feeling like I'm going to keel over. Now, I've just got to start getting my butt back out at lunchtime and start walking again.

My gym recently added BodyVive as a class. It's a great class and I'd encourage anyone to give it a try if you have the chance. It's targeted to active adults in their 40's, 50's, and 60's as well as anyone new or returning to exercise. I've been going twice a week for the last month and love it. It's low impact aerobics with strength and flexibility exercises added and runs 55 minutes. Most of the participants are older and/or overweight so no one feels like they're on display. It's the first class I've ever tried where I can actually do it and still get a great workout plus, it's just plain fun.

I'm off to Pennsylvania Monday for a business trip, returning on Tuesday night then I leave Thursday to go to Rochester NY to visit my daughter and mother returning Sunday night. I stay at a hotel and have to eat every meal in a restaurant and don't usually have much of an opportunity to exercise. It's murder on my diet every time I travel. Anyone have any pointers?
Closed Thread