3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   "THE GOLDEN GIRLS" - August '07 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/119412-golden-girls-august-07-a.html)

Pathfinder 08-04-2007 02:33 PM

Hi everyone,
Yesterday was my first day taking care of myself. I had a problem drinking enough water then I found if I put it in small cups I did a lot better. I guess the large jug choked my mind. I found I could only do 10 minutes of exercise. I trust I will build up time on that. We are having company tonight for dinner and it includes two teen age boys who if I remember from my own children tend to need a lot of food to fill them up. So I made pasta and a pie. I plan to fill my plate with salad greens and very little pasta. I will take a forkfull of hubby's pie just to see how it is. It is a grape pie so I had to guess on the amount of sugar. The grapes are sweet this year, so I added less sugar. Well off to clean up the kitchen. I always wash the floor on my knees, I don't feel that I do a very good job if I use a mop as I am so near sighted I can't see what I missed. I do notice I don't jump up like I used to. Guess I am more of an old hen then a chick.

EZMONEY 08-04-2007 03:09 PM

HI GALS ~ :wave:

First let me apologize :sorry: for not posting here. Several of you have PM'd me and expressed interest in me coming back to join you ~ THANK-YOU so much!

Second of all, I wasn't pouting :( but at first I was getting the impression that I had something to do with the thread name change? And that it might be causing some friction. Those of you that know me through the other threads know that I like to stir :stir: things up a bit ;) BUT only where that is appropriate to do so.

Thirdly I know that some of you were trying to find a way to INCLUDE me in the title...again...THANK-YOU! It means a lot to me...but let me just say I am totally secure in my masculinity to join a group called GOLDEN GIRLS!

I have been busy this week with my new treadmill :woops: It is a Lifespan TR2000-HRC. I have posted information on it in the exercise thread in case any of you are looking to purchase a treadmill.

So far I have put about 6 hours and 25 miles on it since Tuesday. I am trying to do a 5K everyday...so far so good. But then I took friday off so I was able to get 2 ~ 5K's in. I am feeling it to!! OUCH!! :)

My daughter called me from the airport this morning, her and her :p husband :p are going to Michigan for a week. Their friend's family has a cabin on a lake. I am not sure where but I do know that it is close to Macinac Island. She called to tell me Stevie Wonder was coming to town ~ I told her that her brother had called me last night, to tell me the same thing, he wanted to know if Angie and I wanted to go with him and his :love: wife :love: if he could get tickets. The venue is fairly small for a star like Stevie Wonder but...my ex-wife, the kids and I are all going to try and get tickets when they go on sale next week. It will be a quick sell-out for sure and the way the scalpers buy the tickets up by hiring people to jam the sale sites...well, it is tough to get tickets sometimes for events like this. Wish me luck!!

I am going to send this off and come back later to check in with all of you. Have a great day and THANKS AGAIN!

GARY

Karen31 08-04-2007 03:42 PM

Hi Gary! Glad to hear from you! I was hoping that you would come back. I know we all miss your posts! I've been reading your "menopause" thread and have laughed so hard!! Really great stuff!!

Hello to everyne else. Hope to get back here later to see how everyone is doing.. Have a Great Saturday!! Karen

EZMONEY 08-04-2007 04:28 PM

Thanks Karen ~ I kind of thought I might be run outta here because of my menopause thread ...wink

back later...watching baseball

Tennessee Gal 08-04-2007 05:58 PM

Hi am new and Golden Girls seems like a perfect spot for me. Need motivation to lose 75 lbs. I'm starting the WW Diet because I think it is something I can stay on long term and live with. What's everyone else doing?

Piano51 08-04-2007 06:50 PM

Hi again!!!!

:D I'm so glad that Gary has returned!!!!!!:D

:welcome: Tennessee!!!! I'm on the WW flex plan also. Maybe we can motivate each other. If you read my post earlier today, you'd know that I haven't been on program for 2 days:devil:! I tried to do better today but:o, it's just a repeat of yesterday!!!

Did the house sell, Karen ? I've been sending good thoughts your way.

Phylis I want to move to Florida and you are coming to OHIO? :?: But I'm hoping that your plans move without hitches.

I'm signing off. The yardsale is over for today. They have just informed me that they are going for an abreviated day tomorrow---which is good 'cause I could sure use a nap!!!!!;)

TTFN,
Trish:cool:

floridarusty 08-04-2007 07:52 PM

Welcome Pathfinder and Tennessee girl........you will like it here. I found that I had to increase my water intake everyday....it's too hard to try and drown yourself in one or two days.....Same with the exercise....baby steps. Do you two have a first name we could call you by?

Gary, so happy to see you back. I think some were trying to fit you name in our group so I am happy to see you are proud to be a member of the "Golden Girls" I like the Golden Girls and Gary! lol Your doing GREAT on that treadmill, I am glad you like it.

We were out furniture shopping all day and we don't even have a condo up north yet but I am looking for northern furniture.......all of our funiture is wicker, rattan, etc.......Florida style. It was great fun looking.

Didn't do any exercise today but will pick up again tomorrow....

Phyllis

Karen31 08-04-2007 09:03 PM

Welcome to Pathfinder and Tennessee Gal!! :wave::welcome: I think that you will like it here--- we all seem to be in the same boat so to speak and each of us take our turn to keep it from sinking! :swim: We look forward to getting to know you.

Hi Trish, So far nothing on the house or the 5th wheel. :( There is a guy who has called 2 or 3 times on the 5th wheel and said he would be coming this weekend-- just didn't say which day. We did show it yesterday to a couple that seemed to like it but they were going to look at others first before making a decision. And the people that are interested in the house thought they would hear something before yesterday but had to leave to go to Las Vegas this weekend. She is from Las Vegas and guess they still have family there. If they do any gambling I sure hope they win a BUNCH!!!! :cheer: So keep all those good thoughts coming this way! :)

Phyllis, that sounds like a lot of fun looking at new furniture! I was on the internet today looking at real estate sites at homes back in MO. I keep finding some good ones but just can't do anything until we get this one sold. :cry: But it is fun to look at them.

Gary, it sounds like you have been putting some miles in on the new :tread: I have one too and I need to use it a lot more. I got started on the WATP's DVD's and then I didn't do the treadmill. I think I need to do one in the morning and one in the evening. I imagine between the 2 I should see some progress!;) I also want to try one on the WATP's videos while I'm on the mini trampoline:trampo: I've heard of a few people doing that and I imgaine that would be a pretty good workout. Just need a :kickbutt: to get motivated to do it!! Guess I need to have a lot of that :dust: sprinkled over my head!!!

Well, it has been raining here all afternoon--- we don't need anymore of that!! The ground is already saturated and where the fires were the last few years are having trouble with flooding. It doesn't flood here where we are but it sure makes a mess out of the driveway!!

Hope everyone is doing good and I'll check back in awhile to see what is going on.. Karen

Karen31 08-04-2007 09:06 PM

Hey Gary---- Sure hope you get the tickets to see Stevie Wonder!! WOW!! That would be so much fun!! Keep us posted and take lots of pictures too!!

EZMONEY 08-04-2007 09:24 PM

HI GALS ~ :wave:

Well I just finished a second run on the :woops: I kept it to 2 miles and 35 minutes tonight. I don't want to over do it and get hurt! Besides, Angie isn't here holding the gun on me ;) She is off with her daughter at a local mall, they have an exhibit there that shows human bodies. Looks interesting, I thought it was a good mom/daughter thing since Lara will be going back to school soon, so I opted out.

My daughter just called and said she and her :p husband :p made it safe and sound to Michigan.

PHYLLIS ~ Thanks dear! So, you haven't seen your "dream" :genie: home yet...but you are looking at furniture for it...hummm. Sounds like stuff Angie does ;) Don't most people move from Ohio to Fla. to retire. I am sure there is more to the story. Good luck on that work-out tomorrow!

TRISH ~ Thanks! Those high school yard sales can be exhausting :faint: We have been through a few ourselves. But so much fun sometimes and MEMORIES! Hope tomorrow goes quick for you!

TENNESSEE GAL ~:welcome:

PATHFINDER ~ :welcome3:

KAREN ~Thank-you. I hope some of my "other" threads don't offend you Karen. Whatever I post is the "real" me...I just happen to have a SPLIT PERSONALITY I guess ;) or maybe I am just :rollpin: whacked, as Angie says! Any luck with the 5th wheel today? Prayers you get back soon to help your dad.

ALI ~Prayers you get your enthusiasm back.

LINDA ~ How are those slippers doing? Sorry your garage door is acting up. Hope it is a simple problem for you. No surprises from the kitties...is that a good thing?

PAL~ Great job on getting in a walk and to Curves all in one!

LINDA D ~I haven't been to Balboa Island in years. Many years ago I did a condominium project there, way fun to hang around..but back then the traffic in the afternoon was horrible as I remember. Hope it is better now for your "holiday".

WOODLILY ~So sorry for the tradgedy in your city.

MARGARET ~Glad to hear your family member was safe. Prayers the skin issue is minor!

LYNN ~Thank-you. Enjoy your trip to MD. Did you get all those papers graded? How was your gym work-out?

CAT ~WOW! What a fiasco with that credit card. I had an incident several years ago where my card was not going through, this was when I just first started using a debit card. I was waiting in the grocery line with a full load! I kept telling them that there was plenty of $$$ in the account, they believed me, I have shopped there for many many years. The cashiers were telling me to just take the groceries and come back and pay later. I was so embarrassed! All I kept thinking was I am going to start carrying my checkbook. I just left red faced. I had never paid for groceries with a credit card, so it never crossed my mind to take out one from my wallet. I still don't know why it didn't work, bank said everything was ok and the card went through the next time.

BOBBI ~ So sorry to hear of the situation with your mother in law. It sounds really rough for you and your husband. I wish I could come and at least pick some tomatoes for you!

PAULA ~Great idea joining Jazzercise. Over the years i have know many ladies that have done it for awhile or so. I always heard good things about it. I hope the expense turns out to be $$$ well spent for you! Do they have a "trial" basis you can do?

JAY ~ enjoy the last days of your vacation.

ZOE ~Thanks. I hope your 4 day week-end was all FUN! Did the day at the beach go well?

ENJOY YOUR SUNDAY LADIES!

EZMONEY 08-04-2007 09:27 PM

Karen you posted while I was typing. Sorry to hear no good news on the 5th wheel or house yet. We will exhaust all efforts to get Stevie Wonder tickets!
Hope the rain stops for you soon!

Take care ~ Gary

Karen31 08-04-2007 09:46 PM

Gary, I enjoy all the threads that I have read that you have posted. I don't get offended easily and I think that having a sense of humor makes this journey just a little bit easier!! So don't be a stranger here!

EZMONEY 08-04-2007 10:25 PM

Karen ~ I'm just strange ANY where ...I'll be back...wink

Tennessee Gal 08-05-2007 12:05 AM

I'm Deb. Not much going on in Tennessee. Just been cleaning house and washing clothes! Yuck! Spent some time today looking at the recipes listed. I'm eager to try some and like the way they are rated by others. Guess I'd better get off here and get my exercising done.Goodnight everyone!
Let's all have a great day tomorrow!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar063...5/155/230/.png

moxiesd 08-05-2007 12:07 AM

Hello Golden Girls

Welcome Tennessee Gal & Pathfinder....my diet is just simplify & count calories.

Bobbi...Sorry about all the stress....thanks for the jokes, a smile a day ought to be included in all diets!

Lynn...scary thought about the skin scraping...I really am having a time. I couldn't get an appointment with a derm. dr here, because there isn't any. But I was lucky to get an appointment at Mayo. It will be in 3 weeks, so I won't know anything until then.

Cat....I don't carry cash or checkbooks either....everything is credit card. I don't even have an ATM card. So, if the computer goes down....I guess I get to take a hike!!

Gary.....I always pay for my groceries with a credit card....not too long ago I pulled out my credit card to pay for the groceries, and the gentleman in line in back of me said "that's a waste of a good card". I was using my Cabelas credit card. I explained to him that I save the points so that I can buy my kids their Christmas gifts from Cabelas. So far one wants s rifle scope, and another one wants a guidance system. (The third one wants a house boat...he is out of luck!)

Hello to the rest of the group. Catch up with you all later!!
Margaret