3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   Over 50 & Getting Lighter May/June (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/111444-over-50-getting-lighter-may-june.html)

Donna72664 06-18-2007 10:33 AM

:coffee:Good Monday morning all, Thought I'd take a quick break from the vacuum cleaner and grab a cup of coffee and see what all of you were up to over the weekend. Sounds like you all had a great one.

CHERYL::hug: Welcome back, we missed you too. Sounds like you had a great time. I'm sure you are excited about the possibility of moving back to Oregon soon. That will be great to be close to your family again. Your hubby did pretty good if he kept the dishes done up. It's great to be gone but there is always that darn laundry when you get back. Don't over do it now that you are home. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

MEOWEE: Your babies have really grown. They are awfully cute. More cold wet weather for you too ? Gosh will it ever end? Hope you get dry soon!!

HY: Your yoga sounds so relaxing, many years ago I use to try to do it with a gal on tv, it was "Lilias, Yoga and You". I loved it but then started working and didn't get time for it. Might have to find a video or dvd and try it again. Hope your doctors appointment went well.

SETTIE: Glad you were able to have dinner with your dad on Father's Day
and glad he is doing well. They really can do miracles anymore. Sorry that you are getting more wet weather now.

Thanks for all of your help at Red Lobster. It was wonderful. I know you were all there keeping an eye on me:nono: because I didn't finish my delicious Ceasar salad and I left part of the rice pilaf and some of the shrimp and I only had 1 biscuit. I even drank water instead of the raspberry iced tea!! But you know what, I'm glad because I wasn't miserable afterwards like usual. We had a great visit with our friends had to exchange pictures of grandkids of course. I was up .2 on the scale Saturday morning but that's nothing. Got lots of walking in on Saturday trying to shop for something to wear to a wedding this weekend. Didn't find a darn thing. Tried on some things that I loved and some I hated. I don't like the styles right now or the patterns of the fabric. If I found something I really thought might work they didn't have it in my size or they wanted an arm and a leg for it. Where do they get $80.00 for a skirt that is plain and only has a yard of fabric in it? Well my size would have more, but still ;)
Father's day was quiet, DH and I just relaxed. The girls both called him to wish him a good day.
I had better get back to my vacuum and get done before noon. Hope all of you have a great day, keep up the good work.

:wave: DONNA

Cheryl120 06-18-2007 07:23 PM

Hi Ladies...Been gone all day. Made a trip to Bismarck to visit our convertible and put a bug in the guy's rear that he has about 6 weeks to get it done. Saw a realtor this afternoon and we have a lot to do to get our house ready to sell, but expect it will be sold by Sept, if not before that. Need to paint all the rooms inside, plus my kitchen/laundry room cupboards. I look at it as extra exercise I will get in.:carrot: We are going to hire someone to paint the outside of the house, garage and out buildings. If it would ever quit raining, we could get caught up on mowing and trimming, but it hasn't quit raining.:rain:

Linda...I'm excited about moving back to Oregon, but scared also. Property is very expensive, we are looking at paying around $249,000.00 for a palce compared to $90,000.00 here. My hubby will make more money there, and I will be able to see our children, grandchildren and my parents more than once every two years.

Donna...The train trip out was wonderful and Glacier National Park and traveling along the Columbia River was breath taking!!!! I took my Mom on a short mini trip to Ashland, Oregon where I was born and grew up. Boy, has it changed, except the hippies are still there. My daughter and her girls took me to the coast, so I got my fix of sand and surf plus a bowl of clam chowder.

Settie...My daughter has four girls and my son has three sons and 1 daughter. Glad to hear your father is doing better.

Hy...Could you send some of your nice dry weather my way? Pleaseeeeeeeeeee. Never thought I would say it, but I'm sick of the rain.

Well I have some walls that need scubbing so I can start painting them, so I guess I better get busy.

Cheryl :hug:

settie 06-19-2007 07:50 AM

Good morning everyone,

I'm glad to have all of you to provide me with some sunshine - Mother Nature is sure not doing her part. I guess it will come.

Hi meowee!

Donna - Did you feel us sitting on your shoulder :angel: at Red Lobster. Congrats for being able to enjoy your meal without going overboard. Doesn't it feel good to be in control?

Donna - Wow! That's a big move. Is that where both your son and daughter live? Won't it be great to be so close.

Have a great day! ;)

Talk soon,

meowee 06-19-2007 08:15 AM

Hi there, Chickies . . . :grouphug:

Another day has dawned and, although it is not raining, it is definitely still cold and dreary . . . currently 12C / 54 F . . . the prediction is for a little sun to break through later today and I really, really hope they are right. Since I did the hibernation thing yesterday, I absolutely have to go out today. Even when you are just running errands, it's always more enjoyable if there is a little sunshine (at least when it's this cool) . . . :cool:

Have a great moving and shaking kind of day . . . I'll see you later . . . :carrot:

hyacinth merry 06-19-2007 12:33 PM

:dance: WELCOME BACK CHERYL!!!!:dance:

Hugs,
Hy

(we missed ya! I'm rushing to get out of here on time but just wanted to let you know I saw you were back!)

meowee 06-20-2007 08:53 AM

Morning . . .

Beautiful sunny morning for a change . . . but I slept poorly and woke up in a terrible mood. And then . . . won't bother you with all the details . . . the terrible trio almost destroyed a couple of things in the middle of the night. And then the 'dumb blond' (Frickle) urinated on the bath mat. And then . . . things really started to go down-hill. :mad:

Anyway gang . . . hopefully I'll cheer up and be back later. Keep things moving and shaking. . . :carrot:

Donna72664 06-20-2007 09:46 AM

:hug: MEOWEE: I'm sorry you didn't feel well when you got up and then to discover your children have been :devil: Sure hope the rest of your day goes better.

:wave:Have to run, Donna

hyacinth merry 06-20-2007 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheryl120 (Post 1738195)
....Saw a realtor this afternoon and we have a lot to do to get our house ready to sell, but expect it will be sold by Sept, if not before that. Need to paint all the rooms inside, plus my kitchen/laundry room cupboards. I look at it as extra exercise I will get in.:carrot: ...

Cheryl :hug:

Cheryl I'm so excited for you!!! And I love that you are all motivated and not sitting around over-thinking it all. Woohoo!!

I'm considering painting my kitchen cabinets - currently they are maple with that pinkish stain and I just hate that color. I want a white/off white as my kitchen is smaller and just think the light colored painted wood would look nice. I've never done this before so kind of nervous about starting something and seeing some not-so-great results!!!

Any tips or observations would be appreciated - I figure you will have some experience I can benefit from so why I'm asking :D

Hugs,
Hy

hyacinth merry 06-20-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowee (Post 1736365)
Hi there :wave:

Finally got some new pictures of the triplets (now 3 months old) for you to see. Wasn't easy -- they are either asleep or moving so fast that all you get is a blur. ;)

meowee OMG your kitten pictures are so darling!!! I love the first one with them all cuddled up in that box. It's amazing how quickly they grow up so I'm glad you are taking lots of pictures of them now while they are still little. Adorable. I miss having a kitten...sigh...(My cats are all adults - the last kitten I raised is now 7 years old -time flies!!)

hugs,
Hy

hyacinth merry 06-20-2007 11:46 AM

Morning all :hug:

My doctor's appointment the other day was not for anything serioous - yea!! She had been offering vein therapy in her practice and I wanted to get a consult to see what was possible. This is something I've never had done and know hardly anything about it. I have a couple patches (kind of spider-y looking) by my knees on the sides that I thought might respond to some simple treatments.

First I had to wait over an hour in an exam room and then when the doctor came in she said she no longer did these treatments (I think she did injections of some sort). She said she stopped doing mainly because patients didn't follow through as they were told and would not wear the compression socks required. I really like this doctor a lot, but I was somewhat confused as to why the staff didn't clue me in when I made the appointment that the doctor no longer did vein work AND why the doctor was telling me about her "bad" patients - lol!! I'm notorious for following the doctor's orders to a "T"!!

So it was pretty much a total waste of a morning!!

The doctor did give me a name of a vein clinic she recommends and then a second name of a plastic surgeon that does some of this type of work. I'm going to have to think about it all. My veins on my legs are a cosmetic issue, they aren't painful or enlarged. I don't want to get involved in something more extensive. Right now I've decided to call each number and see if they do "consults" - if not, then scratch them.

I appreciate everyone's concern however!!! And I'm glad to report that for this doctor's office appointment, I wasn't sick :carrot:

Hy

hyacinth merry 06-20-2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowee (Post 1740247)
. . . the terrible trio almost destroyed a couple of things in the middle of the night. And then the 'dumb blond' (Frickle) urinated on the bath mat. And then . . . things really started to go down-hill. :mad:

Uh-oh......

I think I can relate :eek: I do laundry many more times than the average household due to our pets. We now, after MANY years of experience have all tile or wood floors with NO RUGS. And all my furniture was purchased with "custom" washable slipcovers. I know what happens to floors and furniture when pets are in the house!

I hope your day improves meowee...

:hug: Hy

meowee 06-21-2007 09:58 AM

:grouphug:

Happy Summer Solstice, gang . . . old Ma Nature is really playing the nasties on Nova Scotia this year . . . it's cold (15C/59F) and it's raining . . . just for a change. :(

Hope you all have a great day . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

hyacinth merry 06-21-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowee (Post 1741828)
Happy Summer Solstice, gang . . . old Ma Nature is really playing the nasties on Nova Scotia this year . . . it's cold (15C/59F) and it's raining . . . just for a change. :(

Happy Summer Solstice and a Happy First Day of Summer to you too meowee!!

Wow, your temps in NS are chilly for this time of year - here in PHX we are under a heat advisory today - predicted to reach 110 F!!! :cool:

Hugs,
Hy

settie 06-21-2007 01:45 PM

Hi everyone,

Well, we're finally seeing the sun here and it's warmed up a bit so there's hope for you too, Meowee.

I keep reading about the antics of your pets and the need for extra cleaning - don't you just love it!! I had to put my dog down about 2 years ago and I still miss all of the fun times we had. It's true though, I do a lot less cleaning!

Have a great day!;)

meowee 06-21-2007 05:27 PM

Oh please . . . send some warmth this way . . . :^:

Had a fight with the vacuum cleaner today . . . after about 35 minutes of poking and prodding with various long pointy instruments, I removed the biggest hair ball imaginable from the one connection of the wands that I've never been able to get apart. I tell you, after it finally came out and puffed up, it was all I could do to hold on to it with one hand. Have to remind myself -- no more long haired cats -- think I'll take Mouse in for a haircut. ;)

Gee whiz SETTIE. . . think it's time you got another pet . . . don't you miss all this fun that HY and I are having ??????

Later . . . :carrot:

Donna72664 06-22-2007 10:30 AM

:df: Just flying by to wish everyone a great weekend. For those that are experiencing warm or HOT weather, stay cool and for Meowee we hope you get warm soon ! Sending you some:sunny:Gotta run got a big weekend ahead.

Talk to all of you on Monday. DONNA

meowee 06-22-2007 11:53 AM

Hi there, Chickies . . . :grouphug:

Don't know just where the day is going so fast, but here it is afternoon already and I've accomplished nothing. Wish we could string a few warm and sunny days together in a row because I'm sure that would help with these constant aches and pains in the old joints. It's still pretty cool and dull around here, but the sun has appeared for a few minutes today, so I've got my :crossed:.

Surprisingly, kittens did not destroy too much overnight . . . a little scarey . . . makes me wonder what they are saving up for :o

Anyway . . . hope everybody has great plans for a weekend of moving and shaking stuff. Hopefully Donna will tell us all about her weekend when next we see her. See you later . . . :carrot:

meowee 06-23-2007 08:34 AM

Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

Nothing too exciting in my world so far . . . Kittens are behaving, mostly. Weather is supposed to be a replay of yesterday with more thunderstorms and another 25 mm of rain predicted. :(

Have a good moving and shaking time of it, gang . . . see you later.:carrot:

meowee 06-25-2007 10:24 AM

Hey everybody . . . where are you all hiding? Wherever it is, Hope you are having a moving and shaking fun time. . . :grouphug:

Cheryl120 06-25-2007 11:50 AM

Morning Chickies....Just a very quick fly-by this morning. I'm getting ready to paint my livingroom. Been very busy this weekend scrubbing kitchen cabinets, washing walls and getting rid of junk. Finally got someone to come out and mow our big yard but he is doing a lousy job. Hope to get our riding lawn mower back sometime this week. Hubby is going to rebuild the carburator on our bellymower this afternoon, so maybe, just maybe he will have it up and running.

It is very hot here. Going to be 92 or higher for the third day and I already have the air going and I'm still sweating buckets of water!

Have a great Monday.

Cheryl

hyacinth merry 06-25-2007 12:31 PM

Good Morning :)

The heat is getting to me and I'm hardly even in it - lol!! Maybe it's the mole-like existance I'm leading right now, indoors with all the windows and doors covered to keep out the heat of the sun in PHX!

Still working on my committment to the yoga program, but must admit that I'm really having a challenge doing it first thing in the morning upon rising. The month is almost over so I may switch to an alternative - still do the yoga but a different program.

Normally I don't nap in the afternoons but recently with the heat, I find myself taking a little nap and actually sleeping! I guess this would qualify as a siesta, right? :cool:

Diet-wise, I'm going to back off on the fruits. I really have an issue with them apparently, so returning to my more restrictive low-carb program. Well, it's always good to check out what works and what doesn't. I was hoping I could start adding more fruits to my program, but since starting that this month, the more fruit I eat, the more I crave and the less weight I've lost...still not doing flour or that kind of carb, just added varieties/ more volume of fruits to the protocol.

Time to get moving and shaking as meowee always says :D Have a good one chickies!

Hy

settie 06-26-2007 09:55 AM

Good morning all!

Hy - I hope you can get that fruit thing under control but I know what you're saying about triggering more eating. Good work for sticking to your yoga program even though it's not all enjoyable.

Cheryl - Isn't it funny how we do all this work when trying to sell the house. The last time I moved I remember that by the time I had cleaned and painted I wanted to stay. Good luck with it all.

Meowee - I can sure relate with the weather. We have had severe thunderstorms for the last four nights. During three of them tornados hit destroying homes, cottages and farmland. It's been crazy. None right in Winnipeg but about an hour away.

Hi Donna!

Have a great day!;)

hyacinth merry 06-26-2007 01:44 PM

:kickcan: Uck! I am in such a crummy mood today!!

I didn't sleep at all last night and not sure what that was all about...well, not that you need to know this...

Too bad, I'm telling anyway - lol. Things just don't seem to be falling into place, just one of those times I guess we all go through. I'm not overeating but am wishing the weight would vacate the premises a little more quickly, if you know what I mean ;) And speaking of mean, this heat is making me grouchy too. Oh what an "upper" I am today :o

Maybe I just need a nice mid-morning cup of coffee. Hope everyone else is doing good - news to that effect will cheer me up anyway - lol!

Hugs,
Hy

femmecreole 06-26-2007 02:43 PM

sorry, got a page not found and reposted...

femmecreole 06-26-2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyacinth merry (Post 1748359)
:kickcan: Uck! I am in such a crummy mood today!!

Ya know what always makes me feel better? Music.
I have a little mp3 player about the size of a cigarette lighter. It's a lifesaver when I have something to do that I don't want to (like right now, I'm working and Cat Stevens is keeping me company)

And housework...love it with the music going..I can dance with my mop!..

It just cheers me up and makes everything more fun.

hyacinth merry 06-26-2007 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by femmecreole (Post 1748458)
Ya know what always makes me feel better? Music.

I wish it was that simple for me, but thanks for the suggestion :hug:

I'm normally a very "up" person, so this day is just a bit different - I think we all have them from time to time but I probably shouldn't have brought my little storm cloud here to 3FC. After a shower and getting ready to go out, I already feel a lot better...

Hy

Donna72664 06-26-2007 03:40 PM

:cool: Good morning ladies, wow I'm really behind; you've all been chatting away, took me awhile to get caught up to you. LOL

HY: The heat wears me down and makes me cranky too. Don't really know a cure for it. I love music but when I'm in that kind of a mood not much of anything helps. Get a tall cold glass of water or tea and hope for the best.
Sounds like it could be a long hot summer, especially for you out there in the desert. Oh well now that was cheerful, SORRY. Hope things are better soon.

CHERYL: Don't be overdoing it in this heat. We don't need you getting sick. I would love to get my house all cleaned and painted.Had planned to do that this spring and now I am talking about fall, maybe. My problem is I don't know where to start!!

MEOWEE: Hi there. You said you hoped I'd tell you about my weekend. Well here goes. It was a lovely wedding, her colors were white and claret. Her gown was so unique, I had never seen one like it. It was white satin and strapless. Around the top was claret colored ribbon embroidered with silver about 1 1/2" wide. the back of the gown had pearl button to just above the hips. Starting at the top of the bodice was a thin width of the claret colored fabric with silver embroidery that widened to the mid back area where it was laced down to just below the tailbone area with claret laces and then it widened out clear to the bottom of the train. I hope you can somewhat invision it. It was really beautiful. Her flowers were the claret colored roses with calla lillies. I served the cake at the reception and her table was covered with white cloths then mini lights, like you would use on a Christmas tree and that was covered with a sheer filmy fabric that was pearlescent and on the top were clear and claret colored glass beads like you put in around candles or flowers, and rose petals. Very classy. It was great fun. Sunday my DH and the neighbor man went fishing so I got to stay home and relax. Not a very exciting Sunday.
When I weighed on Saturday I was up 2 lbs and I was so upset but when I weighed this morning I was only up .5 lbs. I hate this time of the year as I retain so much fluid and I drink something constantly.Plus we got a watermelon when we got groceries this weekend.

Hi SETTIE : Where have you been, we've missed you.

FEMMECREOLE: It's good to hear from you again too.

Busy week at work. Just got 3 new patients for tomorrow. That will make the boss happpy.

Am going to sign off and hope all of you are having a great week.

:hug:DONNA

meowee 06-26-2007 05:31 PM

Hi gang . . . :grouphug:

Wow I've had a busy day . . . had to take 4 cats to the vet this morning . . . kittens for their final booster shots and Jazz for some more blood work . . . and it was absolutely pouring rain. Such fun . . . and Monday had been absolutely beautiful. Somehow it's too much to ask for two in a row I guess.:( Now it's very muggy and overcast again.

Thought you might like to read some good news with the words "WEIGHT GAIN" in the story for a change. . . . Frickle (the "dumb blonde") has increased her weight by 52% in the past month (3.1 to 4.7 pounds). Frackle (the "teenyweeny") has also increased her weight by 52% (2.5 to 3.8 pounds). Freckle (the "incredible hulk" aka "bruiser") has increased his weight by 74% (3.1 to 5.4 pounds). He's turning into the epitome of "Tom Cat". :sumo: Jazz (poor diabetic baby) is definitely doing better, but still not good. His blood sugar is about half of what it was a month ago; but it is still way too high -- 15 to 17 range (270 to 300) -- so we are increasing his insulin by another 50% and will test him again in another month. He has finally put on a little weight though. He increased from 6.7 to 7.6 pounds for an increase of 13% so it's not surprising he needs an increase in meds, too. :)

:hug:CHERYL . . . Wow, getting ready to sell a house is so much work. Especially when it's hot.

:hug:HY . . . perk up, girl . . . believe me I know how the heat can really beat you down (although this is probably the first hot and humid day we've had this year).

:hug:SETTIE. . . for some reason the weather has been strange all across the country so far this year. :dizzy:

:hug:FEMME. . . sounds serious with you and Mr. Mop :s: It's okay, I have an ongoing relationship with Buddy Ball and the Frog . . . just don't see enough of them. :)

:hug:DONNA . . . I love the sound of that dress. Wonderful when the audience gets something great to look at during the ceremony. Yep, I hate the humidity too - swear I can actually watch my ankles swelling. :(

Well, guess I'd better go think about feeding the menagerie before they start eating the furniture. May have to start feeding "Hulk" separately, he tries to indimidate everybody else so he can have it all to himself . . . no table manners whatsoever.

Have a great evening, Chickies . . . see you soon . . . :carrot:

hyacinth merry 06-26-2007 09:23 PM

Not just the heat, but I appreciate the sympathy :hug:

Sorry to have been a whiner - I didn't realize it sounded so shallow!! We have a family member in bad health (chemo not working) and I think everyone (or most of you) know my DH was dx with cancer a couple years ago. I have a day, on occasion, that doesn't seem all that cheery. Probably best to stay off the boards when that happens.

Donna I did laugh out loud at your post - hehe, yes it looks like it's gonna be a long, hot summer- as usual - and this is just the start! I'm screwed if my mood is going to be soley predicated on the weather here in PHX! :D

Time for dinner - catch everyone later,

Hy

meowee 06-27-2007 06:03 PM

Hi gang . . . :wave:

Hope you are all having a great day wherever you are and whatever you are doing. We are having much better weather again today. Hope it lasts. :crossed:

See you all later . . . :carrot:

settie 06-28-2007 10:58 AM

Hi all,

Hope you're all having a great start to your day. I've been a bit too busy the last couple of days so I haven't been around much. My dad who had surgery three weeks ago, started bleading from the insertion site. I took him to emergency and everything turned out fine but it was quite a worry for a couple of days.

This morning I finally got out for a walk again. It felt great.

Have a great day!;)

hyacinth merry 06-29-2007 09:38 AM

Just running by before I leave for the grocery store - like to get things done early in order to beat the heat (somewhat).

I'm looking at July and my goal for that upcoming month...this month was the yoga each morning. I also tried a vegetarian diet for the month of June. For July I'm returning to my usual low-carb program which just seems to work best for me. Think I might committ to the exercise ball workout for the month of July - just have to decide and make sure I chose something that I'll actually do. That's why the yoga this month worked so well - I like doing yoga.

Hope everyone has a great weekend however you chose to spend your time :D

Hugs,
Hy

Cheryl120 06-29-2007 09:51 AM

Hi Gang...I'm staying busy painting, mowing and packing, which is exercise in my book. :carrot::carrot: Forgot to tell you gals that I came back from vacation with a 1 pound loss. I was totally surprised with all the eating out I did. Wednesday was weight watchers, and I loss another 2 pounds. Guess the secret to weight loss is to plan on selling a house.

Realtor was out yesterday and we need to have all the repairs, painting of house and buildings done by July 20th, if not sooner. I'm shooting for July 10th, and hoping our place sell within 52 days like some of their other properties.

Weather has been rather cool, but great for working in the yard and house. we are suppose to warm back up to the high 80's, low 90's by the weekend. UGGGG!! Just so we get no more rain!!!!

My hubby tried to cut his foot off yesterday, thank God the angels were looking out for him. He was out mowing with the push mower and forgot a barrel that was cut in half was behind him. He fell into the barrel with the mower running, since he was hanging on to it for dear life. The blade of the mower cut through the end of his shoe and nicked his big toe nail. He has terrible bruises behind his knees and on the back of one arm, but still has his toes, so very thankfull. He also smashed the passenger window out of our Suburban yesterday while weed wacking. So we need to take it in for repairs today if they get the glass in.

Denise...So glad to hear your father is OK. Really gave you a scare, but so glad it turned out to be nothing.

Hy...We bought a new gadget to do our painting with. It's an airless roller and you can paint an average room in about 16 minutes. It holds a gallon of paint, put a plastic tube into the paint can, plug it in and start painting. Don't have to mess with the paint tray or always having to reload the roller with paint. Also less drips to deal with.

Linda...How our the kids doing? Keeping you on your toes I bet. Kitties are always so much fun to watch and have around. My princess is a lounge lizard, but once in awhile, she does reach out and bat Ozzys tail or chase him around the house. Hope you are starting to get warmer weather in your neck of the woods.

Donna...I know it is hot in your neck of the woods. Hope you are able to stay cool and have a nice relaxing weekend planned. My only day to relax and I can't wait is Sunday when I go to church. Going out to lunch with a friend and maybe go to the movies before coming back home and doing some more packing. I also have a quilt back to get sewed together, so I can get the quilt to the quilters.

Femme...Hope you have something teriffic palnned for your weekend. I know you are hot, humid and sticky in your area.

Well ladies, I need to go check on my hubby and start packing some more things up. Have a wonderful weekend, stay on program and get a walk or some sort of exercise in. :carrot::carrot:

Cheryl~:hug:

Donna72664 06-29-2007 11:30 AM

:tread: :wl: Ok I got those done for today. Thank goodness for air conditioning and fans. It is warm in my office. We have glass brick windows on the East and that's where the gym is. I can't believe it is the end of another month and I haven't made much headway on my weight loss. I have been doing a lot of reading and I guess what I need to do is a lot more cardio and weights. Sooooo that is my goal for July. I really need your help in pushing me to do this. Our anniversary is the 26th and I would love to buy something in a smaller size. Our company summer party is the 27th so a cute shorts outfit would be just the thing !!!!!;)

CHERYL: Yes it is hot here. Starting tomorrow it is going to be in the mid to upper 90's for a week. They said our humidity would be fairly high also. I can hardly wait. Yes I agree, everything you are doing to get ready to move is deffinately exercise. Your new painting tool sounds fantastic. We have a paint sprayer but I have never used it in the house, think it would be too messy???? :cheer: Good for you on your weight loss. I'm so proud of you. If you keep working as hard as you are to get your house sold you will be skinny in no time. Having it ready in 2 weeks sounds like a big order, good luck. Sorry to hear about your hubby's accident. Sure glad he wasn't injured any worse, tell him to slow down a little. Have a great weekend and do something fun.

Hy: You will do well with the exercise ball exercises. They are relaxing too,IMO. They are so easy on your body it seems more like play to me. I love mine I use at home and here at the office I have several different sizes so I can use them for lots of different exercises. Good luck in July. Didn't realize you were going vegetarian for June. That sounds too hard for me, I like my protein too much, but I have cut back on my carbs a lot this last month and I do feel better, thanks to you for your help.

MEOWEE: Glad to see all of your babies are healthy and growing. They must have mellowed out some, haven't heard any of antics lately.

DENISE: So glad there was nothing serious with your Dad. What a terrible scare for you and your Mom though. :hug: Here's hoping things continue to go well for them and you.

Hope all of you have a great weekend and get a chance to do something fun and maybe even get some exercise in.

:sunny: DONNA

meowee 06-29-2007 05:00 PM

Hi there . . . :grouphug:

Sorry I've been missing . . . one of those 'little' thunderstorms struck again and I've been totally without power for the last 45 hours. Terrible time but it could hve been worse . . . at least it isn't the middle of winter. Needless to say, i've not been doing the best of eating or exercising, but hopefully things will get back to normal now.

Have a great evening and, hopefully, I'll be back tomorrow . . . :carrot:

settie 06-29-2007 09:55 PM

Hi all,

Meowee - that is terrible - we were out for about two hours last week and I didn't know what to do with myself without my computer! Was much ruined as in trees, homes, etc?

Donna - good for you - getting your exercise done first thing. Doesn't it feel great when you know it's done for the day.

Cheryl - it sounds like a whirl-wind around your place. I'm glad your hubby wasn't hurt in his little incedent.

Hy - good for you for 'switch it up' with your monthly plans. I'm sure it keeps it more motivating.

Have a great weekend. Talk soon,

meowee 06-30-2007 09:30 AM

Hi all . . . :grouphug:

Oh it was soooooo nice to be able to hve coffee first thing this morning. I think I'll start looking for a battery operated coffee maker. ;)

Guess this will be my day to see what I can rescue from the freezer and what has to get tossed (that didn't already make it to the garbage). I tend to use the "cat-scan" method to determine if protein items are safe to cook -- if the cats want it, I cook it and refreeze the cooked stuff -- if the cats won't touch it, it's garbage -- they have much more discerning noses than we mere humans. :D After that, some laundry; after that, I have to figure out what is wrong with my answering machine :dizzy: If I plug it in, it knocks out my telephones????? Weird. Of course, the power outage coincided with the new 'phone (replacing the one the kittens tried to eat); so I'm not really sure what the problem is -- might be that the new 'phone and the answering machine hate each other. :(

Luckily the storm only caused property damage . . . nobody hurt. Guess there will be quite a few people spending the long (Canada Day) weekend cleaning up rather than partying.

Anyway, Hope you all have a great day lined up. Keep things moving and shaking and I'll see you later, gang . . . :carrot:

meowee 07-01-2007 07:18 AM

Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

Time to greet the day everybody . . . here's a link to our new home for July and August . . . see you over there . . .

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...38#post1755038

Later, taters . . . :carrot: