View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 06:27 AM   #9
BillBlueEyes
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Monday - The Hudson Bay Co. chartered (Canada, 1670)

Diet Coaches/Buddies Standard Sunday walk, CREDIT moi, with tulips in full bloom in nearly every yard along the way. I passed two mini-libraries and, after careful review of a neat book in each, left them there for the next guy. I'm trying to condition myself that I don't need to bring home every book that I wished I'd read. I remember being unable to pass on books that were only 5 cents at yard sales because that was just too good a bargain. But FREE is easier for me to pass over than 5 cents. Go figure.

Food was OK. Dinner was omelets which I always assume means that DW got caught without a planned meal. We ate out so many times last week that the box of mixed salad greens that's usually consumed each week just sits in the fridge. This isn't good since lettuce wilts. We're having huge salads for a few nights to try to compensate. I do hate tossing food. I was raised on, "Think about the children in China" when I didn't clean my plate.

onebyone Kudos for giving yourself rewards - a neat Beck strategy.

Joy (gardenerjoy) Two on-plan days in a row is a great way to hit May running.

Debbie (Lexxiss) LOL at "how to dress for an Elvis chapel" - do they still make blue suede shoes? Kudos for op day.

nationalparker I do love the notion of birdsong heard through an open window. We're still not into open window temperatures here. Chores do expand to fill the time available.

Karen (karenrn) - Sending supportive thoughts for you and your friend whose DH suffered a stroke. Thanks for "we never know how many days we have and must live each one as best we can."

lizardnumbers - Kudos for "made some healthy choices overall." That spreadsheet does sound like a useful exercise.

Readers -
Quote:
Chapter 6 Family Traps

#1: The Criticizer Trap

"Being at home sounds like it must be really difficult," I sympathized. "Can we start with how to handle your mom's comments?" When Mia agreed, I asked her what she'd like to be able to say.

"Well, I'd like to say that she needs to mind her own business!" I nodded. "I'm not surprised you would! How do you think she'd react if you said that?"

"Not well," she sighed. "She'd probably get defensive and go around in a huff the whole rest of the time I'm there." After thinking for a few moments, Mia said, "I guess it would be better to say, 'Please don't make any comments about my weight. Whey you say something about my eating, it's just counterproductive.'"

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., Deborah Beck Busis, The Diet Trap Solution, Train Your Brain to Lose Weight and Keep It Off for Good (Blue book), pg. 107
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 10 years and 6 months