Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 02:19 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

I'm getting kind of frustrated...working my tail off at the gym but not showing any progress...i can't say i'm eating a heck of alot either. I know that working out with weights can make your muscles hold water so that is all I am hoping it is....weight loss has taken over my life...its all i think about...but it isn't happening...its a crazy roller coaster ride....
Old 06-20-2014, 02:26 PM   #107  

I'm getting kind of frustrated...working my tail off at the gym but not showing any progress...i can't say i'm eating a heck of alot either. I know that working out with weights can make your muscles hold water so that is all I am hoping it is....weight loss has taken over my life...its all i think about...but it isn't happening...its a crazy roller coaster ride....
Old 06-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #108  

Old 06-20-2014, 03:55 PM   #109  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Zumba - Deep breaths! The whole thing can make you crazy, but try not to let it totally take over, lol!
Old 06-22-2014, 04:15 AM   #110  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Zumba, you're putting so much pressure on yourself - your size and weight are only numbers and don't equate your worth! You are an amazing and wonderful person, no matter what those numbers are. Please, please be kind to yourself. Remember to think of yourself and treat yourself as you would your own best friend - you deserve that!

to everyone and hope you're enjoying this first official summer weekend.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I started my low carb modifications a few days ago and it's paying off. Down almost 3 pounds this week. WooHoo! Headed to the beach on July 2nd, so I might actually make it to 225, which would be awesome. I haven't gone completely gluten-free yet, but I'm eliminating it as much as I can without throwing out a bunch of stuff. I just can't bring myself to throw out 100's of dollars worth of food. That just seems stupid to me. I can gradually get through it and replace it with GF stuff as I go. That is more reasonable to me.

Zumba Hang in there. DW has a lot of the same struggles as you so I see it. I know it's difficult, but try not to put too much pressure on yourself.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:51 AM   #112  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Happy Monday! We spent a large part of the weekend continuing to deal with my car. We are almost $1K into this and AC is still not fixed. What a mess. My daughter turned 4 yesterday but her party is next Saturday so we didn't do much, she had a friend over to play and eat dinner with us. This week she is at a "camp" (half day) so I am going to be running lots of errands and deep cleaning in my house bc it will be another 6 weeks before she does anything else in the mornings like this. Over the weekend I had a super scary glucose level after eating a small piece of cake and ice cream at a kid's birthday party. I have not been strict with my low carb the last 2 months because my fasting glucose has been great everyday (is "normal" now) but wowzers, that was a wake up call. Sadly, I think my dalliances into sugar have to come to an end completely. I was hoping with weight loss and improved fasting levels that perhaps my postprandials (with carbs) would improve but if anything, they are worse possibly because I am becoming more sensitive to their effects. On a happy note, I reached a new low on scale today and am less than a pound away from my June goal!

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 06-23-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:54 AM   #113  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
Hugs Zumba, just hang in there, maybe stop weighing as much. Speaking from a disordered eating past, if it's making you crazy, step away for a bit....pretend you are on vacation from the scale.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 226/192/140

Height: 5'4"

getting ready to start me diet again. I am working on a low carb, Metabolic plan. I had really great results two years ago. Although I have gained some back, I kept most off. My problem is I am allergic to eggs, most diets are all about eating eggs. I can't, and not even substitutes. Any tips out there? I usually do protein shakes, or oatmeal & fruit, or Toast, Cheese and Fruit.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:04 AM   #115  

Hi all, sorry I've been MIA....my struggle continues. I have decided that in order for me to make progress I cannot have company or be company. Had a friend over on saturday so i bought chips and guacamole...and dessert. Was frustrated beause the day hadn't turned out like I had planned and went to town. Good thing I had an all day fitness workshop on sunday to help burn that damage off. Im below 150 again but not by much. Really determined to make some real progress this week. I feel more muscle in my arms which is a good sign....emotionally this is going to be a bad week for me. Son is going to prom and graduating and of course my ex is making it difficult. I wish we could be civil for the sake of the kids but I realize that is never going to happen. I can't turn to food because of this.

My plan is to continue my fast diet, it really does work if i stick to it...and more weight training this week for sure....I want muscles again.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:06 AM   #116  

nvrfat I dont'[ know what to substitute for eggs, other than lean meats ...this brings up a problem when it comes to breakfast though.....Im sure there has to be a solution of some sort.

Shannon a vacation from the scale will make things worse but i know what you are saying. I remember people going to WW and not wanting the leader to show them what they weighed, they didn't want to know. the scale really does a head job on us, doesn't it?
Old 06-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #117  

Finally made it back to the gym last night. Did my run. I'm not really going at it hard so I managed 2.5 miles in 25 minutes. Not terrible, but not great. Enough to burn around 400 calories, which is all that really matters. I had 42 grams of carbs yesterday and have been averaging about 40 or so per day for the last 5 days. I'm really interested in seeing how that works for me over the next couple of weeks. I checked my BF% yesterday and I'm down an incredible 6%!!

Shannon Despite your eating struggles you seem to be doing pretty well towards getting to your goal.

nvrfatagn Welcome back. Low carb diets are much easier if you can eat eggs, and I can certainly see how you will struggle, especially with needing to eat quick meals, and who doesn't need to do that from time to time. The only tips I can offer is perhaps, cottage cheese (tofu if you can stomach it) and nuts or prepare chicken breasts ahead of time for quick reheat. Some other folks will hopefully have some additional suggestions for you.

Rennie How are you doing? Haven't seen you in a while.

Last edited by andrew80k; 06-24-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #118  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Andrew, I'm not doing. I'm not eating OP. I haven't been to the gym in awhile. I can't even say that I have started my days OP lately so with that said I am up to 164.8. So not happy. My only hope now is to be at 160 by month's end since that is where I started on June 1st. I'm just tired. I have made a plan for Wednesday and Thursday that seem easy enough to adhere to. Hoping I follow through.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:49 PM   #119  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Rennie! It's always good to see you here. Read your own tagline: Remember, just take it one day at a time, one second, one minute, one thought and one breath at a time. Learn from yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow, do the best you can for today (I added a little to that one. ) Good words.

Last edited by Cattails; 06-24-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:16 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
Andrew, I'm not doing. I'm not eating OP. I haven't been to the gym in awhile. I can't even say that I have started my days OP lately so with that said I am up to 164.8. So not happy. My only hope now is to be at 160 by month's end since that is where I started on June 1st. I'm just tired. I have made a plan for Wednesday and Thursday that seem easy enough to adhere to. Hoping I follow through.
Get back up on that horse!! You can do it. Take it one day at a time. Stick to short term plans you can live with. These might sound cliche, but I mean it.
Closed Thread