Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 08:45 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Love2b...yall were talking about black beans last night so i made rice and beans for the kids...I only had some of the beans....thanks for the dinner idea!!! Its okay NOT to have meat once in a while....
Old 06-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #32  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Zumba -- Congrats on the below 149 number, whoo hooooo! It's funny, I eat all the beans I want, but generally stay away from rice (unless it is a tiny portion in a frozen meal).

I used to take a kickboxing class -- LOVED it. If I still had a gym membership that is the class I would do, so much fun and such a good work out!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 06-05-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Feeling better today, though still not 100%. The scale tipped at 233.0 which was a relief. If I had been up today again, I would have gone back to strict tracking of calories.

Michelle We have a Bennington Pontoon with a 250 on the back so we can ski/tube with the kids. It's great. We have a slip at the marina here on the lake so lake mostly but we did get it with the salt water capabilities as we are planning some trips to the coast in the future.

Zumba Congrats on the progress. That is great.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:02 PM   #34  
Michelle the Vegan

Andrew - Nice! Pontoon boats are extremely popular here, and after having been on several it is obvious why. SO comfortable to spend time on!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 06-05-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:14 PM   #35  

SNARK, yes i forgot how great kickboxing is....Hoping it starts to make a difference in my arms soon.....I would love some arm definition, or at the very least lose some of this sagging....I bought a pair of pink boxing gloves so I thought that I was all that last night and a bag of chips.....
Old 06-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 398/356/150

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon! I am new here. How do I get a weight-loss ticker in my signature?

Thank you!
Old 06-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexlynn3 View Post
Good afternoon! I am new here. How do I get a weight-loss ticker in my signature?

Thank you!
Welcome, bexlynn.

Follow this link and it will answer all your signature questions.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:36 PM   #38  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Michelle, I need to look that up (tomorrow) I'd like to give it a shot, I hope it sounds appetizing and it's good

Zumba congrats on the 140's , I meant to have more beans today but nope I ate every unhealthy thing there was

andrew hope you are 100% soon

Hi bexlynn3

I had a totally off plan day which was just plan stupid since I was already up 1.2lbs to 159.6 but it's done now. I walked 4.75 miles on the treadmill with a nice burn so hopefully I won't have a big up tomorrow

Last edited by love2b150; 06-05-2014 at 11:43 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:54 AM   #39  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

On the subject of beans, I usually throw about a half cup or more of chickpeas/kidney beans in my lunch salad - yum! Michelle, what all do you put beans into, besides your ginormous scrumptious burritos! People want to know...

Oh boy, Edge of Tomorrow is playing - I've gotta go see it! Looks like a fun one.

to everyone and TGIF!! Rennie, nice save with the extra walking - you're doing great!

Last edited by Cattails; 06-06-2014 at 05:56 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:54 AM   #40  
Michelle the Vegan

Cattails - I'm not much of a cook (I'm not anything of a cook). I mostly eat beans in the burritos, tossed into huge regular salads, in vegetable salads, and mashed up in pita pockets as "lunch meat". And hummus of course. Nothing like a good garlic hummus wrap.

Edge of Tomorrow -- I want to see also (though I won't actually see until it comes on my Netflix DVDs). I'm a sucker for big scifi movies! We just finally saw Oblivion.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:34 AM   #41  

Not feeling well today so i cancelled my early training appt. Allergies are doing a job on me...have to teach my aqua class....Last night i was at a friends house and had wine, cheese, some crackers and a small sliver of chocolate cake. I didn't eat much but it sure halted any more weight loss. I also realize now that sugar doesn't taste that good anymore.....I am going back to deleting it from my diet altogether. The wine went right to my head also because I don't drink anymore....Boy, I had better come up with a new vice soon...LOL.....
Old 06-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #42  

I find that I'm doing pretty well today. I started reading Grain Brain last night but I was pretty tired so didn't get too far into it. DW comes back in a week. Can't wait.

My appetite is finally receding and it seemed like it took forever. I just have to make sure I'm not overeating out of habit. I'm trying to be very careful about how I eat when I'm out. Ordering just enough of the right things.

My gym time is very sporadic right now, very hit and miss with DW gone. So loss is probably going to slow down a bit until she returns. I have to make that up by staying on plan.

Zumba Hope you feel better.

Rennie Just get back on the wagon. The exercise will help.

cattails Edge of Tomorrow looks like fun. I'm a big sucker for sci-fi moveis too, Michelle.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #43  
Michelle the Vegan

Oh hello, chipless weekend, we meet again. Friday and Saturday night are always my biggest challenge.

I have planned to have garlic sugar snap peas and non-alcoholic beverages tonight while we watch So You Think You Can Dance (our weekly tradition 'fun night' tradition). Mr Snark will be having chips and and cocktails. There are 3 open bags of chips in the house. So... yeah.... I've got my work cut out for me.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 06-06-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:02 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing ok today. Seems like the usual challenges.

Michelle, hope the pain lessens. My dad suffers from that and the weather seems to really make a difference.

LOL on the beans everyone. I like black beans as well - yum!

I had a good OP week, but am at a conference with DH today & tomorrow. Lunch today was enchiladas. I just didn't eat all of the tortillas. Not sure what dinner will be, nor lunch or dinner tomorrow.

As to the job search... Likely just going to take a while at my level. Rennie, I want to move from being at a CPA firm to working within a company. Problem is, I've been doing this for almost 20 years... And it seems like there all kinds of issues about that. I recently read about people who take a gap year from work, just like students do between high school and college. That was interesting, but having to pay for college for kids makes it impractical right now...
Old 06-07-2014, 02:44 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

Hello. I've started with the weight loss support 3 weeks ago. Saw this 40 something group this morning while drinking coffee heading out the door for work. I'm 43 and battling some issues with menopause and started a new HRT this week. I had a begnign ovarian tumor at ripe old age of 31 and needed surgery to remove both ovaries hence menopause. I've found that the meds make me " sensitive and weepy" Guess my body doesn't know what to do with hormones anymore lol. Ok. Hope it's not tmi but looking forward to meeting some online friends here. Have a good weekend !
Closed Thread