Old 05-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #16  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Thanks for the encouragement girls. I weighed today bc I hoped it would motivate me and it did. My indiscretions, lol, gained me several pounds on the scale. That helped me stick to an on plan day. That in itself actually illustrates how much I've changed. The scale has rarely ever been a motivator for me and in fact, has triggered many many binges in my lifetime but I was actually able to see the bad news and react constructively/productively vs letting it put me in a tailspin. That is really major progress for me. I'm feeling kind of proud.

I got a little bit more sleep last night but am planning again to go to bed early tonight bc I am still very tired. My daughter is feeling better as evidenced by her putting on "pretend rainboots" and bouncing around in bed instead of sleeping while I'm typing this....she has been up since 6 am (and hasn't napped in almost a year)....seriously....go to bed!

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 05-08-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:51 AM   #17  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Wow, I can't believe we gabbed our way through a whole thread!

Rennie, awesome new low! What movie did you see?

Shannon, sorry you've had a rough week, hopefully things get back on track now that the little one is feeling better. And that is great progress to see the gain constructively! You'll knock that right off in no time flat.

The sleep thing is interesting: I find that if I get up earlier/with less sleep than usual, the scale reads higher. If I go back to bed for another hour or two, the reading is lower. Can I seriously be losing that much water in so little time? I don't understand it.

Last edited by Cattails; 05-09-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:11 AM   #18  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Shannon, Glad Olivia is feeling better, hope you got some rest Great job keeping your head in the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattails View Post
The sleep thing is interesting: I find that if I get up earlier/with less sleep than usual, the scale reads higher. If I go back to bed for another hour or two, the reading is lower. Can I seriously be losing that much water in so little time? I don't understand it.
This holds true for me also. We went to see Heaven is for Real. It was really good. My Aunt gave my daughter the book 2 years ago and I just realized it was the same silly me
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #19  
~Shannon

I'm still in good spirits but something is going on with my sleep. I said I got a little more sleep night before last but what I didn't say was that I tossed and turned the entire night. I thought it was a fluke but the same thing happened last night. I take melatonin to fall asleep bc having disrupted sleep (due to my daughter) for almost 4 yrs has basically rendered me incapable of falling asleep on my own. I used to think the problem was caffeine but since stopping soda almost 3 mths ago the only caffeine I drink is 1/2 a cup of coffee in the morning so I just don't see how that small amount can cause this problem. I only make decaf tea at home and outside of the coffee and decaf tea, my only other beverage is water. Anyway all that to say that the past two nights I have taken my melatonin as usual but not been able to sleep. Last night in desperation I even took more melatonin around 2 am (had been in bed since 10 pm). I did eventually sleep but probably not til 4 am and my daughter was up at 6:30. Needless to say I am still exhausted. I'm pondering taking a benedryl tonight. The weight I gained is still hanging on. At this point, though I met it previously, I might not meet my chicken goal!
Old 05-10-2014, 07:52 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Shannon, I hope you get to the bottom of your sleeping problem. Im not a big advocate of taking drugs but maybe taking something prescription will help you fall asleep, like half a xanax or something. Being sleep deprived is not healthy.

Love2b cograts on your new low..what great feeling that must be.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:09 AM   #21  

Good morning all......Im having company today (friend and her husband for lunch) so i'm a busy bee, trying to make this house look tidy. I am making them lunch, but making sure i grill up some vegetables and make a big salad for me.

Weighed in at 151 this morning...seems like my body just LOVES that number and wants to stay there....given all the ice cream i had this past week i'm surprised the number isn't higher. I worked out with my trainer yesterday, it feels so good to be on the gym floor again and not just in the group ex room. She gave me some pointers on what to eat. She believes in good carbs and portion control....my biggest problem is portion control...so i don't think i can eat the way she is telling me. If I open up a bag of rice cakes it is ON.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:27 AM   #22  
seeking balance

Happy Mother's Day to all our 40-something moms! May everyone have a terrific day.

Last edited by Cattails; 05-11-2014 at 03:28 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:14 AM   #23  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Yes, Happy Mother's Day to the moms!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:40 AM   #24  
~Shannon

Happy Mother's Day!
Old 05-11-2014, 03:07 PM   #25  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Hello, everybody.

Sorry I've been so quiet lately. Things just have not been coming together for me lately. I've been reading your posts when I've had the energy, but not commenting. Lately, I haven't even been checking in.

Hoping for a good start back on track Monday. I've been in a bit of a funk, lately. Thought I'd done my share of mid-life crisis, but the demons are back telling me I'll never do anything useful again and I'll always have a body that will cause people (including myself, to be fair) to not take me seriously... I'm really cross with myself because this is all the stuff that would seem so silly If it were another person exactly like me.

We all seem to be so much harder on ourselves!

Anyway, I've laid out my running kit for tomorrow morning, so I hope to be checking in with you anon. Just need to do some emergency repair work on my ego first...

Take care, people.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #26  

MAGICSUSAN..I was wondering what happened to you. I hear you on the negative self talk...you need to find a way to nip that in the bud. If someone else spoke to you that way you would probably clobber them so why are you talking to yourself like that? Not nice, you know you deserve better....Im at a bad place in my life also...i totally understand.

Have a good run tomorrow!!
Old 05-11-2014, 11:15 PM   #27  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Happy Mother's Day to ALL

I think this just must be that time of the year. Susan I hear you on the mid life crisis. I never even thought about that. I guess because I don't know where mid life is or where I want to think it is!

Zumba I think I am going to forever be in the 160's. I couldn't get away from 159.4 and today thanks to all of my cravings I weighed in at 161.4. Tomorrow will definitely be higher. I have not put one nutritious thing in my month today, NOT ONE.

For every TOM that my body skipped or showed up for one day that particular month, it is here. I ate so much crap today I should be sick, but am I NOPE. I'm hoping to do a restart tomorrow. I really need to pray about it because the last two times I have tried the little mouths on the food just say, you know you want me, so why aren't you eating and I suck them into the bottomless pit called my tummy.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:15 AM   #28  
~Shannon

Restart day! Lol! My eating has been awful for the last week, time to come back to reality. My weigh in was 192.6 so I'm above my chicken dance goal. Hopefully I'll be down to 192 by Wednesday so my chicken costume doesn't go to waste!
Old 05-12-2014, 11:10 AM   #29  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Sending you lots of hugs Magicsusan. A nice run will help you clear your head and give you some much-needed endorphins.

Today will be a Big Salad day for me since I had potato chip (with tons of guac) treaties for dinner last night on the dock with Mr. Snark. So my goal will be to have big colorful salad with lots of good stuff in them for lunch and for dinner.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #30  
seeking balance

Yikes, my scale showed me 119 this morning! Had a lot of sodium yesterday and woke up early today for an appt., so hopefully tomorrow morning will look much more...normal? Oo, nice to consider 115 normal!

to you, Susan - hope you can run your funk right outta town. Too bad life doesn't just stay on a nice even keel, but somehow it just won't! Anyway, mid-life - we should probably be trying to see the glass as half-full, don't you think? We still have DECADES to do all kinds of fun stuff, plus the wisdom to appreciate the experiences! So let's get to it already!

Rennie, you silly goose - you are so not going to stay in the 160's; the next decade is right there for the grabbing and you will be firmly in it very shortly - just keep on, you're stronger than those little mouths! (That image really made me laugh)

Zumba, sounds like things are going well with the trainer - yay! Doing something good for yourself is a great thing.

And on that note, I was thinking the other morning while shaving my legs (a once-in-a-blue-moon event) how kind of amazing my calves look. And I thought. what if everyone stated at least one thing about themselves that they really, really like? So, what amazes YOU about yourself today? Come on, there's got to be some - we ARE amazing, after all!! and to all!

Last edited by Cattails; 05-12-2014 at 03:57 PM.