3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-Somethings Dance Like a Chicken Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/293839-40-somethings-dance-like-chicken-day-challenge.html)

Zumbachica 04-14-2014 03:20 PM

:cheer2::cheer2::woo::bday2you::gift::balloons::ce lebrate:Happy Birthday Rennie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apple Blossom 04-14-2014 03:43 PM

I guess this is becoming my weekly check in! I didn't weigh myself today but I feel pretty much the same. I have not made any changes in my eating habits so I can't expect much. I had a great work out this morning at the rowing club and even though I ate a good breakfast I am starving right now.
My week-end was pretty lazy, I have no good reason why I didn't go running the last 3 days. I just feel like it doesn't make a difference. A bit frustrated on that point. It is way more important to eat right. But on the other hand I am always glad when I make the effort to sweat a little bit.
I'll check in tomorrow with a weigh in!
Have a great day everyone, and Happy Birthday Rennie!:bday2you:

jennykay 04-14-2014 07:06 PM

I would love to join you all! I've just read the past few posts and I can see what a close and supportive group you are :)

It looks like I have a month left, and I hope to get down to 147 by then. I am currently losing slowly but at least it is moving in the right direction.

Shannonsnail, super congrats on Onederland!!!

Shannonsnail 04-14-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennykay (Post 4984539)
I would love to join you all! I've just read the past few posts and I can see what a close and supportive group you are :)

It looks like I have a month left, and I hope to get down to 147 by then. I am currently losing slowly but at least it is moving in the right direction.

Shannonsnail, super congrats on Onederland!!!

Thank you jennykay and welcome!

Sum38 04-14-2014 09:31 PM

Welcome jennykay! Nice to have you here!!

MarleneV 04-14-2014 10:01 PM

Well, I made it through... Filed the last extension this afternoon at 5:30. Tomorrow we'll hang around the office until 3:30 to answer questions and so forth. Then we go to the bar.

Eating has been ok, but not perfect the past few days. Just so busy dealing with everything. Glad it's all done (for the most part).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Rennie!

Chubby mum 04-15-2014 05:52 AM

I think I need to reign myself in a bit... I had gastro on Friday (thanks kids) and was (hideously) unwell for about 24 hours. Over the last few days I've been purposefully eating and drinking MORE than I wanted because the dehydration dropped my milk - first time this has happened in 4 babies - and poor wee DS was already looking a bit skinny after his own bout with the virus.

Anyway, all is well now yet I'm still munching on biscuits and ice cream and chocolate. I need to regroup, I'm pleased with how things have been going. Might go for a run to stop my sneaky trips into the kitchen.

newleaf123 04-15-2014 06:37 AM

Happy birthday rennie!!

Ooh, saw a photo in the paper of your storm, sum! Hope your power is back today.

Marlene so glad taxes are done!!

:wave: everyone

Alright food day yesterday. Held off from eating late night cookies. Weighing myself in kg since those numbers gave no power over me... LOL

Sum38 04-15-2014 08:16 AM

So we are half way through this challenge and I am half way to my goal! :dance:

I am back, ladies. Back on weight loss path. Scale dropped another 1.8 pounds yesterday :yay: So it saw 13x.x on my scale this morning and it made me really happy. My goal of 135 by May 14th seems possible now.

I met my minigoal. I wanted to be 140 by Friday and today is only Tuesday. Now I want to be at or below 138 by Friday, that would bring me back to my lowest weight since I started this journey a year ago....am I getting greedy? :lol:

I did 170 minutes of exercise yesterday. I walked twice; first the pup at brisk pace for 4.2 miles, then did my 4.7 mile power treadmill walk, and finished all off with a 45 minute swim.

The only bad thing I did all day; I ate some Easter candy :o. Obviously not enough to do any damage.

I was wearing some biker short type of bottoms yesterday at the gym and it exposed my legs... I thought my legs had looked okay, but under the harsh gym lights the reality came to light; they don't :( I have all sorts of clumps of fat and cellulite..... I guess the weightloss will attack those too, in time. I have always liked my legs...now they seem to have gone downhill as well :cry: It did not help that I was surrounded with fit and trim people on their treadmills. :)

Something to work on.

We got more snow...in April, ugh. I guess we met the record of the snowiest winter ever.

Well off to start my day. I have a doctor appointment, need to get some errands run and the gym of course ;)

Have a beautiful day my online peeps!

Sum38 04-15-2014 09:03 AM

I started skipping dinner and since then I have lost 5 pounds in one week... Coincidence? I eat 1100-1200 cals per day, really big lunch.

Zumbachica 04-15-2014 02:25 PM

SUM Not a coincidence at all!! Haven't you heard the saying eat breakfast like a king and dinner like a pauper? I think having a lighter meal or no meal at night gives your body a chance to digest and the body a chance to get into fat burning mode..I have globs of cellulite on my legs, add edema to that and my legs are horrific....so I read ya' on that....hopefully the weight training you are doing will help build up more leg muscle and help with the skin tone....cellulite is fat and some of it (not all of it) should improve with weight loss...atleast it has for me in the past. try not to be discouraged.:cool:

CHUBBYMUM Oh my ..you really had a rough time of it lately. Hope you are all on the mend..you'll get back on track now..you'll be fine.:p

MARLENE Drink up... You deserve a little spiritual libation after all that hard work!!!:hat:

JENNYKAY Welcome

SHANNONSNAIL I didn't get to congratulate you!!!!!:carrot::cheer2:

Zumbachica 04-15-2014 02:35 PM

Lots of rain here today, looks like a monsoon. Taught my class, only five students there which is odd but it was a good class anyways. I tried to exaggerate movement so I could burn more calories....and make my muscles work harder. I have to remind myself that what is a super easy workout to me is a real challenge to some of my older gals and I need to work out for them, not for me..but I needed to burn off some steam today.

So happy that i am below 150 again....hopefully this time the scale will keep dropping. Im in my room right now...there are workers here installing a t.v. over my fireplace...wound up being a more complicated (and expensive) job than i thought it was going to be...but i think its going to be fine, i'm looking forward to being able to watch t.v. in the living room and relaxing in there. Anyhow because the guys are here I am keeping out of the kitchen area and that means I can't eat...not such a bad thing. Trying to keep that scale number going in the right direction!!

Cattails 04-15-2014 05:29 PM

Congrats, Shannon, good job getting to Onederland!

Whoo, nice to see you charging full steam ahead again Sum! You've got this! Try not to be too hard on yourself (your legs), I think the in-between stage can be tough - keep going and your legs will smooth out all right. Hope you've got power back by now; you live right on the edge of one of the Great Lakes? How wonderful!

Chubby, glad everybody's well again.

Whew, Marlene, you got through it! Definitely time to cut loose a bit and celebrate.

Apple, hang in there, everything makes a difference! Run, walk, move it! :coach: Oh, rowing is great too. :p

Zumba, keep dry! :cheer: for the under 150!

Welcome jennykay!

Shannonsnail 04-15-2014 08:52 PM

Sum great news at the scale! Snow? Yowzers! I'm in the South where seasons seem to change back and forth daily but we have definitely said goodbye to snow, thankfully!

Zumba we had a monsoon tonight too! I just planted some herbs this weekend so I hope they made it. I will check on them tomorrow.

Still going strong this week. I am really tired though. I have a bad habit of staying up late (12-1 am) and then my 3.5 yr old wakes early (and sometimes during the night too) so I'm just not getting enough sleep. It is so hard for me to force myself to bed earlier. I am tired but it's my only time to myself all day. I need to make peace with bedtime.

jennykay 04-15-2014 11:06 PM

Sum - how exciting to get to the 130s! I haven't even dreamt that goal :)

Zumba - I would have gladly boosted your attendance as I love Zumba...it's so easy to get distracted with the music and hip movements

Shannonsnail - I was up late last night too, although not typical for me. My 9 year old wanted to check out the lunar eclipse and then decided against it after I woke her! I, of course, couldn't fall asleep after.

Marlene - congrats on reaching the 15th. My hubby works with TurboTax and he is still at the office. We're sooo close now though.

Not much to report here. I was OP for eating but not much movement. Mainly because I am exhausted today. Plan to go to bed early and start again tomorrow.

MarleneV 04-15-2014 11:19 PM

Dropping in again... We did go to the bar (Mexican). 3 skinny Margaritas, chips, salsa, guacamole, shrimp & avocado, flour tortilla... I skipped dinner after all that...

Leaving in the morning on a camping trip & taking lots of healthy OP food. I may just skip the scale until we get back on Sunday.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week and weekend!

newleaf123 04-16-2014 06:40 AM

Have a great camping trip marlene!

sum you are doing so well!! Wow, 13x.x!! I am really happy for you!

Jenny great job being OP with your eating!

Shannon, you are doing a great job! It's hard having a toddler, you definitely need to make peace with bedtime, though... It does get easier as they get older from that regard...

zumba great job getting below 150 again!

catTails :wave:

It's my birthday today, 49 - ack! That marks 2 years on this weightloss journey, and I feel good that I have lost and kept off 40+ pounds. It's been a journey alright! Another great year ahead, I'm sure!

Shannonsnail 04-16-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newleaf123 (Post 4985511)
It's my birthday today, 49 - ack! That marks 2 years on this weightloss journey, and I feel good that I have lost and kept off 40+ pounds. It's been a journey alright! Another great year ahead, I'm sure!

That is a true accomplishment Heidi! Happy birthday!!

Zumbachica 04-16-2014 08:45 AM

:bday2you:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NewleAF!!!!!!!

49 NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD!!!!

Sum38 04-16-2014 08:56 AM

Happy Birthday Heidi! :hug:

Sum38 04-16-2014 09:04 AM

Stayed below 140. I had a huge chicken Caesar salad for lunch; it was dripping with dressing. I am surprised that the sodium from it did not make me gain. I actually lost 0.2 pounds. ;)

After three days of having power on and off, we are on again. I hope we'll stay this way.

Today I will volunteer all day, hoping to have enough stamina to go to the step aerobic class tonight.

There is snow on the ground; I am hoping that it will all melt by the time I get out today; tired of seeing that white stuff.

B - Eggs
L - Chicken Caesar salad, apple
D - None
S - Apple w/peanut butter

Exercise
Weights 45 min
4.6 mile Powerwalk 60 min

Weight
Down 0.2 lbs

Zumbachica 04-16-2014 09:43 AM

SUM We have ice on our grass this morning, dog was a little annoyed when i took her out today...:dizzy: Let that salad be a lesson to you, always get that dressing on the side!

MARLENE Wow, just your description of that mexican food made me hungry....have a great time camping..

JENNYKAY Sleep is part of weight loss...a trainer told me that once..your body needed that sleep, i hope you got it.

SHANNONSNAIL Hope your herbs made it. I'm not planting anything for a while.....have to do my spring clean up first...

Zumbachica 04-16-2014 10:03 AM

I stayed the same, not happy about that......

I actually don't have anywhere to go or anything to do today....wow! That never happens...

Had my big protein filled breakfast...not eating again until tonight when i have a few friends over..we are having salad with grilled chicken.....

Cattails 04-16-2014 12:23 PM

:woo: Heidi, :bday2: !!

Shannonsnail 04-16-2014 01:13 PM

Whew! My herbs made it! The monsoon brought 30 degree weather though. Wonders never cease. Just when I said winter is over.

Last night I was on a quest to go to bed earlier, emphasis on the "er", lol. I am all snug in my bed falling asleep when I remember it's the last day to order preschool pictures and it is already after midnight. Ugh! Had to get up, go through the lengthy decision process on what to order since it's been a long time since I've mailed out any pics to my non-computerized family, lol. So, again it was after 1 by the time I got to sleep. Perhaps I need a better to do list.

I sneaked a peek today and the scale is still moving so yay! I'm a little nervous bc it is Easter weekend. We will meet family to eat out this year since everyone's schedule is really hectic right now and no one feels they have time to cook (sad, yes). If I had to take a guess everyone will pick Cracker Barrel. I eat low carb and mostly wheat free so I need to pull up the menu online and see what options are even available, if any. If not, I am fine with just having an off plan meal, I'm giving myself alot of grace this time around bc I tend to be an all or nothing thinker which causes me to easily give up on things.

love2b150 04-16-2014 05:36 PM

Thanks Cattails :) I don't know what was going on with my stomach it was the same on my birthday for the better part of the day but it's better now. :)

Thanks Zumba :), that is what I was thinking also, that the healthy eating I've done rejected the real sugars. I guess that's a good thing if it will just keep up and be a deterrent :) Zumba :yay: on being below the 150's :high: It's rained buckets here yesterday but we needed it to wash the pollen away :)

Thanks Shannon :) Congratulations on Onederland :yay: 48 is gonna be great :) I am gonna show off a new me :D My house is cluttered most of time to me. The kids come in an place their back packs down and head for the kitchen and then the evenings seem chaotic most of the time with running them around or picking someone up. I feel like I can rarely get a handle on things. While I'm at home I clean during the day and then I have to yell a lot to keep things in order in here (ok that turned into a rant) I hate it things are a mess and unorganized :dizzy: Shannon this is me also ---> I have a bad habit of staying up late (12-1 am) then I have to get up at 5:30 so I'm just not getting enough sleep. It is so hard for me to force myself to bed earlier. I am tired but it's my only time to myself all day. I need to make peace with bedtime. I often get in the bed and then have too much going through my head and can't sleep, smh. We'll get it together hopefully soon :hug: Shannon where did spring go, :brr: this morning at the bus stop, the car window even had a little ice, crazy. You can give up. I'm looking forward to us one of these days meeting for lunch or something since you live so close :D. It would be nice to meet a 3FCer that I didn't/don't already know. So have their salad it's big and I enjoyed it, if you go to Cracker Barrel :)

Thanks Sum :) Glad your power is back on, your arms got a workout for sure carrying the water. and yes that was a good excuse to make it to the gym :)
Sum sorry about how you feel about your legs. I have flabby thighs and stilts at the bottom, really unattractive. Sum great job on the 130's :yay: YOU :)

Thanks Apple Blossom :), I always feel better when I sweat also ... eating right just makes my workout seem more worthwhile :) and usually I stay OP after a workout but yesterday I was starving and ate everything last night :(

JennyKay :welcome: to the thread :) best of luck on your goals :) LOL JennyKay, I have a 10 year old and when she tells me to wake her, I never do it, because that always happens. She looks at me and turns back over and then I'm up cleaning something, smh :)

Thanks Marlene :) Glad you can relax now Marlene ... until the 21st right? Enjoy :)

Chubby Mum glad everyone is feeling better. I need to regroup also :)

Thanks Heidi :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEIDI :celebrate: I did the math also, I wonder what about this age makes you/me/us do that. I weighed 194.6 on 4/1/13 and 163.2 on 4/1/14 so I did a little something :) We've done well :hug:

ok all caught up ...

who had the frying pan for me before? .... I need it again and badly along with a good swift kick in the behind, I have really messed up Ladies. I am up to 164.0 this morning. I started the day off on a good note and decided (I don't know what I decided) I just know nothing has been healthy :(.

I need to go back to posting my food before hand and I really need to prep. I NEED HELP FOR SURE. I've got to get ready for church but I will post my meals for tomorrow when I get back. The sad thing is yesterday I hit the treadmill hard and even jogged a little, I was proud of me and screwed that up also.

Cattails 04-17-2014 03:28 AM

Rennie, how can anyone resist an invitation like that? :nono: :frypan: :kickbutt: :o Okay, now that that's over: :grouphug: Now, get back with the program or else!! :club: :lol:

p.s. I'm pretty darn proud of you, too, lady!

Sum38 04-17-2014 07:41 AM

Morning :sunny:

I hope that our winter is finally over, weather forecast for the next 10 days looks promising.

My weight is up, it always happens when I sit at the FCA all day and barely drink anything. Plus one of the ladies brought some chocolate, filled with salty licorice, for me as a gift from her trip to Finland. Yes, to you it will sound disgusting, but to me it is a delicatessen. It is sodium laded. Then I went on and had pesto chicken for dinner; it was homemade but had a lot of parmesan cheese which in turn is high in sodium. So today I feel like a bloated pig. Water, water and more water!! Plus I will exercise a lot today and maybe even sit in the steamroom and sweat some of this bloat off.

What I find interesting. Each time I sit at the FCA 6-8 hours; I gain "weight". The sitting must make me retain water. And those days are usually my fast days as well, so one would think I would actually drop some weight. I guess I am so active at home and barely sit during the day, so when I sit like that for a lengthy period of time, my body gets confused. Now I even log my FCA days on my weight chart :D And each week it shows 2 to 3 pound gain on the following day on my scale. -- Wonder how bloated I would be if I had a desk job?? :dizzy:

Plan for today is to eat light. I had 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast with an orange. Lunch will be a large salad with lots of veggies, small amount of feta cheese and some grilled chicken. Snacks are TBD, probably my beloved apple w/peanut butter and Greek yogurt :lol: and I will skip dinner. I will stop eating by 3 pm. I am also shooting for 100oz of water.

I have million phone calls to make today and run a ton of small errands. I also need to make a grocery list and shop. -- I have made menus for each week, and I have had 0 waste what comes to food. I have also cut my grocery bill even more. I am very proud of myself! I only buy what we eat.

Okee, off to start my day. Have a wonderful day!! :grouphug:

Sum38 04-17-2014 07:51 AM

Shannonsnail Congrats on your scale moving at the right direction!!

Rennie It is your birthday, don't be too hard on yourself. It is just water weight and you will drop it in no time! But if you want the frying pan, here it is.... :frypan: :stars: and a few more :club: :rollpin: :kickbutt: :rofl: Did you give into the carbs? Just cut the cycle cold turkey! You will crave for them all day, but remember we are here to :frypan: if you don't start getting OP soon!

Cattails 115?? NICE! How I envy you!!! :)

Zumba A night in with friends sounds really nice!

Heidi I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Marlene Congrats for finishing up the tax season :cheers: Have fun on your trip! -- You made me crave for Mexican food; but I must stay away, it is an automatic 5 extra pounds on my scale the next day.

jennykay I hope you got some rest

Cubby I hope all feel well soon. I looked at your ticker and you are doing marvelous!

Apple Blossom How much do you usually run?

Zumbachica 04-17-2014 09:38 AM

HI ladies..another cold morning here....wind is howling ...puppy was out for a few seconds and rushed into the house...LOL....I thnk she has the right idea....

Not happy today. I am back over 150....at this point all i can say is that this is ridiculous. Last night I had company, we had salad with grilled chicken, i had half a glass of red wine, and was doing great until..dum dum dimmmmm.......i see that the salads (I ordered out) came with BREAD...BREAD!!!!! it was on like donkey kong between me and that bread....so here I am.....bloated and back to square one. I have to go teach my class but i just want to put the cover over my head and go back to sleep.

So its my turn to get the frying pan...beat me good with it. As usual i am posting here every day and accomplishing nothing...its so exhausting. Im tired.....im tired of trying.

Today is a fast day until tonight, its my sons bday and i have to get a cake....not sure what I am cooking, going to ask him what he wants..... This year my ex gets the kids for Easter and i'm so glad, because I can eat like it is just another day. I am not going anywhere or doing anything and thats just fine.

Shannonsnail 04-17-2014 10:22 AM

Ya'll are cracking me up with these emoticons!

love2b150 04-17-2014 10:59 AM

LOL, Thanks Cattails :)

Thanks B]Sum[/B] :), sorry about the up :hug: Good for you on the zero waste, I think Shannon did the same thing with her produce. I think that's great ;) I need to get to that point with zero waste. I want different things and but them and then I don't prepare it :(. I've got to do better. LOL I did give into the carbs for 5 days (and even had a stomach ache and the poops because of them) did that stop me nope, smh. I'm hoping today will be the day to go cold turkey, :crossed:

Zumba I had to scrap the ice off the window this morning. I thought you have got to be kidding me. I am ready for the 70's to return now :) Sorry for your up also :hug:

Shannon they are cute aren't they and just what I need :D

Weight stayed the same today. 164.0 I am going to have a low carb, low calorie, no junk food day.

FatAbbi 04-17-2014 01:19 PM

Increased exercise a week ago by a lot for me. Bumped stairmachine up 15 minutes to 45, and added 3 days a week high intensity cardio (crossfit-ish).

This morning weight was up 1.5 lbs, but body fat went from 32% to 30%.

I should be happy, but I am mad about the 1.5lbs UP....

I HATE THIS BLEEPING JOURNEY TODAY!!!

Zumbachica 04-17-2014 02:51 PM

I hear you FATABBI....sometimes you do all the right things and the scale is still not your friend....but body percentage went down and thats a big deal!!!

Shannonsnail 04-17-2014 03:23 PM

Hang in there Abbi! I hear ya though. I'm actually not starting exercising again til I get further along in my weight loss. Exercise makes me hungry and I'm just not ready to deal with increased appetite til I lose a little more and feel more solid with my new way of eating. My daughter finishes preschool at end of May so I think that is when I will start going back to the gym.

Sum38 04-17-2014 06:58 PM

I am pooped... I was a maniac what came to my exercises today; 208 minutes total. I am going to sleep like a baby tonight.

Eating is going OP too. Had bfast and a huge salad for lunch and some yogurt for a snack. Not having dinner, just sipping some hibiscus tea.

If that scale does not move tomorrow, I am going to kick it :D

As I was walking to the pool in my bathing suit, I looked myself from a mirror and my belly looked flatter. Don't get me wrong, it still has WAYS to go, but it was not as pudgy as it was a few weeks ago.

love2b150 04-17-2014 09:30 PM

Huh Abbi, I dislike this weight loss thing most days :D

Sum you workout-aholic ... I laughed when I read you were gonna kick the scale tomorrow :) oh and great on you for the swim suit. I so want to buy a swim suit ((and wear it)) :)

FatAbbi 04-18-2014 01:52 AM

Maddening.

Cattails 04-18-2014 04:29 AM

It probably would be a good thing for most of us to toss the scale away! Not that I'd ever do that - I weigh in every morning without fail! :p But before I step on the scale, I remind myself that fluctuations occur and I will not freak out, no matter what the number. That said, Abbi, I know it's frustrating and alarming to see the number go up at all - but the body fat percentage is a WAY better indicator of how you're doing, and you are doing great!

Does everybody keep a measurement record and/or graph? I have for the past 2 years; initially I recorded once a week, now I do it once a month for an overall view of what's going on. Just curious if everyone does, as daily measures are so hard to go by.

Sum, way to go!! Sounds like you had a terrific day. :)

Zumba, I'm sorry - my arm is worn out from using the frying pan on Rennie. Can I give you a :hug: instead? I wish I could give you more - how about "take one day at a time, or one hour, or even one moment, and just take care of yourself, treat yourself the way you'd treat somebody you love - and then keep on doing that, every day."

:wave: to everybody else - TGIF again!

Oh, and this was a notable day for me: 10 whole months since I reached my 3FCs goal! I can't wait for it to start clicking away years...

Sum38 04-18-2014 06:41 AM

I did not need to kick my scale, instead I kissed it!! OMG what a whoosh I had... I was 142 pounds yesterday morning and this morning I woke up to 137.2. My new low!!!! :woohoo:

Now, I can not workout everyday the way I worked out yesterday, but I am a firm believer that working out does aide the weight loss. I sweated all my bloat out.

Plan for today is to continue eating two meals; bfast and lunch and two snacks. Around 1100-1200 calories. I will walk the pup this morning and do an aerobics class tonight...a light exercise day :lol: I will also clean my house which will burn some calories :)

Giddily I skip away to do my morning tasks; TaTa for now!