3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-Somethings Dance Like a Chicken Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/293839-40-somethings-dance-like-chicken-day-challenge.html)

Sum38 03-23-2014 01:17 PM

Zumba, I like your chicken ticker, how appropriate :D

Zumbachica 03-23-2014 03:14 PM

SUM I change my ticker with every challenge to make it theme oriented, only to fail the challenge...LOL..I have to laugh at this point.

CHUBBYMUM: I always felt it to be so exciting losing weight after babies, and seeing my body shrink back to where it was supposed to be. I am not going to say it was easy, but it was way easier than me trying to lose weight now at 47...i guess my metabolism has died.....

CARMA thanks for asking about puppy. She is doing better. She doesn't cry as much. I have her in the crate at night for more hours...she wakes up once to go potty and I put her back...the less time she's in my bed the better. Even the vet said she is way too small a puppy to take her into bed, if she falls she can injure her head and the fontanel is still open which is common in chihuahuas

NEWLEAF I love how your daily food includes carbs like bananas and other things and you still lose weight. A very healthy diet indeed....I'm not sure if it would work for me....

Zumbachica 03-23-2014 03:18 PM

Well I fell off the wagon yesterday but i'm not going to kick myself over it, its done. I'm still determined to lose this weight by May 14. I took a hike today with BF....I was FREEZING.....it was a nice walk on a lovely trail....I just wish it were warmer.....not sure how many calories we burned but it was better than staying home....

I'm trying to figure out how exactly to fix the fact that i'm an emotional eater. There has to be a book on the subject somewhere. I think I definitely need some kind of behavior modification.....my problems aren't going anywhere soon.....

The boys want Outback for late lunch/early dinner ....I think the food there is awful....so much salt...but i ordered a sesame salad with chicken, on my way to pick it up now...I love curbside pick up...the epitome of laziness....LOL.....I hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday.

I won't be weighing myself until Wednesday.

Cattails 03-23-2014 07:40 PM

Susan, you're so lucky with your kilos and quark! LOL

Carma, nice going on the drive-thru!

Chubby, I hear that - my DH does half the cooking here and always uses more oil and salt than I do; and his food often tastes the better for it, darn it!

Sum, I see that mojo shining through your posts! Hope your ear and car are back to 100% soon.

Zumba, glad to hear the puppy is settling in. I believe there are lots of books on emotional eating. Have you ever read any of Geneen Roth's writings? She's all about emotional eating. And The Beck Solution seems to be based on some kind of behavior modification - I don't know from any personal experience but it might be helpful to you. With your determination, you will master your challenges! Hope your Sunday was wonderful as well.

Cattails 03-23-2014 07:52 PM

Scale's back at 116, though barely, so my ticker stays the same. But I'm really happy to see that my measurements are continuing to go down little by little - yay! This strength stuff must be doing something. I keep asking my husband if my arms look weird - they're all muscle-y like. He says not to worry so I guess they're okay, but he likes to tell me to "show him the guns!"

Yesterday:
B: oatmeal with dried fig, banana and walnuts
L: green salad topped with fajita-style chicken and veggies
D: small chicken caesar salad, boiled broccoli with thai peanut sauce, a little corned beef
S: coffee with creamer, dark chocolate

E: 30 minute walk, 85 minutes strength circuit, 15 minutes yoga/stretching

Zumbachica 03-23-2014 08:10 PM

Cattails...85 minutes seems like a really long time for a strength circuit..exactly how many different machines are you using or are you doing free weights as well?

soon2beskinnyCarma 03-23-2014 10:13 PM

Ugh, did the exercise bike today. Torture device. I wanted to do that over running as I did squats, lunges, hamstring curls, kickbacks.

I will be out to eat tomorrow night. We are closing on our home equity loan. I think I will have to skip piloxing. May bring clothes just in case. If not I will run. Most restaurants are accommodating with double veg. It's the sodium that kills you.

Catails: impressive on the guns. When they measured me my neck and upper arm are the same. I would kill for some guns.

Sum: 70% is better than you were doing. Small steps. Sorry to hear about your car. Huge money saving for you having your husband fix it for only parts cost.

Chubby mum: jealous of having a husband that cooks curry. I love curry. I can't believe the baby is 6 months.

Zumba: glad the puppy is better. I hear you on the emotional eating. No chance you could go for an emotional walk?

Everyone else hi!

MarleneV 03-23-2014 11:39 PM

Hi all,

Sorry I've been MIA. Had some exchange students and DD here for spring break, so between them and work, I've been pretty busy. Food mostly OP though and weight in range at 125.5 this am. Little real exercise, got one walk in, no 30DS so will have to start back on that... The exchange students wanted to ride a mechanical bull, so did that one night, I think that counts for something.

Down to the last 3 weeks of tax season now, and by the time those are done we should be into our really nice weather too. Then I'll figure out what my real goals are for the next few months, both diet/exercise as well as for work.

Sum & Cattails, sorry you've not been feeling 100%. I'm very pleased to say that since I've lost the weight & gotten more fit, I've not been sick, not even a major cold. DH & DD both have gotten sick this year, i would usually follow suit. Could also be the vitamins & supplements I'm taking are helping. I take a good multi, B complex, 1000 mg C, eye vitamins and a calcium supplement.

Cattails 03-24-2014 01:08 AM

Zumba, it was a new routine for me so I went through it verrrryyy slowly! It should take a lot less time but I'm still counting it! Heehee... And it's free weights and body weight stuff, I don't go to a gym.

Magicsusan 03-24-2014 05:54 AM

Hi everyone :wave:

Cattails and Carma, I like quark. There's also one I buy Stratciatella, which is vanilla with chocolate chips, and I always keep this in the fridge because it's not too high in calories (about 150 in the pot) and it's like a dessert, plus it has good stuff like protein and calcium. I like yogurt, too, but this has a bit more protein and is a bit more... decadent? Due, I guess to being less sour...

Zumba, I'm sorry you're struggling and I second Cattails that many of Geneen Roth's books might be just what you need. It might be worth giving them a try. Helped get me out of the yo-yo and into a life.

Chubbymum and everyone else on the subject of (my) DH cooking: No. Just... No. Liters of oil and the food doesn't taste better :barf: Love him, but... No.

Lol on the length of Cattails' workout: at the beginning I was also a bit slow and when I emerged from the living room my husband said "wow, two hours, that's substantial!" I just looked at him and said, "So am I." at the time I was well over 250. I settled in and now it takes about 45 min.

Went running in the snow this morning (yuk!) but WENT EFFING RUNNING. PERIOD. Total win! :woohoo:

Stay warm and healthy, everyone, I'll see you tomorrow after weigh-in.

Sum38 03-24-2014 06:31 AM

I was hoping to see a loss, but my weight stayed the same. It did not help that for 2 days straight I had smoked salmon for lunch :o and after vigorous exercise this weekend, I have DOMS again. So my muscles must be retaining water as well. Well, I hope to have a nice whoosh in the future :) I still have 8 days to drop 1.8 pounds. :crossed:

b- none
l - smoked salmon, cream cheese and a few crackers. Salad.
d - left over porkloin, veggies, salad
s - apple w/pb, orange
Cals around 1300

Exercise
3.3 mile pup walk 60 min
4.7 mile power treadmill walk 60 min

Weight 141.8
No change

Zumbachica 03-24-2014 01:54 PM

Not weighing in until wednesday.

Not having a good day today....sons are both home sick from school and dog had me up last night....she pooped in her crate and wouldn't go back in there even after i cleaned it up....seh just screamed and screamed.....i'm losing patience.....why didn't i get a cat instead.

my eating is low priority today. Just want to eat enough to be able to teach my three classes...two down, one more to go.......fast day tomorrow.

Zumbachica 03-24-2014 03:01 PM

cattails where do you get your routine from?

love2b150 03-24-2014 05:14 PM

Ok three or more pages behind …

I haven't been doing good I was at 167.2 yesterday and at 166.8 this morning after 5.5 hours of sleep. I MUST get below 165.6 to see a loss for March and I still want to reach my bday goal of 160-159 … 156, so I need to get my head in gear so that my body can follow. My eating hasn't really been bad but maybe I'm not eating enough and the small snacking that I have done is just taking residence in water weight :shrug: I have a ton to accomplish. All I can ask is that you all wish me luck.

Marlene I think you're doing great. When tax season is over the numbers will drop when you have more time for you :hug: Which multi-vitamin do you take?

Carma great job at the drive in :high: fries call my name just by the smell so you did wonderfully :)

Zumba hope the boys feel better soon :hug: and the puppy stops keeping you up :hug:

Sum 1.8 for you is definitely doable :)

Cattails 116, way to go :high:

Susan running in the snow, dedication my friend :high:

Heidi :wave:

Chubby Mum my baby's are 10 and 13 and I still keep up with their bag organization. I'll do it with the 15 and 16 year olds also if and when I feel the need to (mainly my 16 year old). ;)

My husband doesn't cook at all. I tried to teach him but it takes him too too long and he needs measurements. I don't measure. I cook like my Great Grandmother … I just cook :) unless it's something new that I have never tried that sounds good, then I need a recipe ;)

Cattails 03-24-2014 06:06 PM

Zumba, I've been getting the Prevention magazine for the past 10 years or so, thanks to my kind MIL; I have saved most of them and regularly scour issues for various workouts. So I'm always changing up routines, at least every couple of months, and often combine routines or alternate two or three. My nightstand is piled with the little mags! LOL

Sorry to hear your boys are sick; my youngest is home today with a cold as well. Hope yours recover quickly. Poor puppy, sounds like she just couldn't hold it? Dogs have such a sensitive sense of smell and won't sleep where they've messed if they can at all help it - scrubbing her crate with white vinegar and rinsing well will neutralize urine smells and Nature's Miracle or Nature's Remedy (from pet stores) will neutralize urine and feces odor.

Try to do something just for you today, okay? I know it's tough when you have so much on your plate, but you're important, too. :hug:

Cattails 03-24-2014 06:25 PM

Susan, stratciatella quark?! I want to move to Switzerland! And LOL on your DH's cooking, too funny. Nice going on the snow run!

Marlene, you (mechanical) cowgirl you! That sounds so fun.

Zumbachica 03-24-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cattails (Post 4969941)
Zumba, I've been getting the Prevention magazine for the past 10 years or so, thanks to my kind MIL; I have saved most of them and regularly scour issues for various workouts. So I'm always changing up routines, at least every couple of months, and often combine routines or alternate two or three. My nightstand is piled with the little mags! LOL

Sorry to hear your boys are sick; my youngest is home today with a cold as well. Hope yours recover quickly. Poor puppy, sounds like she just couldn't hold it? Dogs have such a sensitive sense of smell and won't sleep where they've messed if they can at all help it - scrubbing her crate with white vinegar and rinsing well will neutralize urine smells and Nature's Miracle or Nature's Remedy (from pet stores) will neutralize urine and feces odor.

Try to do something just for you today, okay? I know it's tough when you have so much on your plate, but you're important, too. :hug:

Im impressed that you made up your own routine.....my fitness certification is in group fitness...so resistance training is a mystery to me.....i was thinking of biting the bullet and having some sessions with a trainer as well as working at home with free weights....Years ago i did free weights with routine followed by books by Joyce Vedral and it really made a difference but then again i was in my 20's!!!

There was no way i could do something nice for me today, too busy ...and tomorrow is a wash as well...but Wednesday i'm finally getting my nails done...Thursday roots done...iv been neglecting myself and i look pretty bad....

Zumbachica 03-24-2014 08:22 PM

today was definitely a carb day, probably because of my sleep deprivation and me teaching three classes.....i have a mini goal of being 147 by sunday...so as of tomorrow its "you know whats" to the wall....i also have decided to bite the bullet and do som personal training sessions with a trainer that works at one of the gyms i teach at...maybe i'll get discount because I"m staff..but i doubt it. i really need to get my act together because i refuse to spend another summer hiding underneath moo moo dresses.

MarleneV 03-24-2014 11:51 PM

Rennie, I get all of my vitamins at Costco, I'm taking a women's multi.

Cattails, the mechanical bull was a blast. I wouldn't have done that 2 years ago...

Speaking of 2 years ago, I have a photo that I show people as a before that was taken 2 years ago last week. The response I always get is "WOW, that doesn't look anything like you do now". We were looking at some other photos the past few days, and its hard to believe that I really did weigh that much. Gives me the incentive to keep working at maintenance.

Today was a good day OP for food, and I definitely got in all of my water.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Magicsusan 03-25-2014 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cattails (Post 4969950)
Susan, stratciatella quark?! I want to move to Switzerland! And LOL on your DH's cooking, too funny. Nice going on the snow run!

Nooooooooo! I spelled stracciatella with a 't'? And now I've contaminated you too, Cattails! I am so sorry. I'm taking Italian, too. How utterly embarrassing.

But- Cattails and Rennie, the dedication to run in the snow is paying off! Another pound down! I can totally live with that :)

So far, so good. I'm off to play with my dumbbells now. I'm a little nervous about the upcoming hols; my weakness for Dunkin' Donuts is not to be underestimated. OTOH, the Outer Banks must be a great place to run...

Keep up the good work everyone. One day at a time.

Cattails 03-25-2014 04:56 AM

Zumba, working with a personal trainer sounds fun! I have been to a gym a few times long ago, enjoyed it a lot; I just don't have access to one these days. And there was a time way back that I took aerobics classes just for fun. I don't mind working out on my own at all, though, and most of the routines I use are whole-body workouts, and changing up the workouts so frequently ensures that I'm hitting all the muscle groups - at least that's what I'm hoping. :D

Marlene, there's some saying about 'you can't know where you're going if you don't know where you've been,' something like that; I think it's important to keep an eye on the past. I have a health journal I've been writing in the past couple years and I read old entries frequently to recall my journey and mindset at various stages - it's enlightening. And yes, girl, you've come a long way! :cheer:

Rennie and Zumba, low sleep really messes with everything, doesn't it?! Here's hoping you get more sleep and shake a few pounds. Nails and hair, that's good pampering. :)

Okay, Susan, stracciatella, stracciatella, stracciatella - there, I've got it locked in right, no harm done! Good luck running right past those Dunkin' Donuts. LOL

newleaf123 03-25-2014 07:01 AM

Things moving so fast!! Got totally derailed I've the weekend. Back on track today. Still doing my push-ups, yay!

Will check in later...

Sum38 03-25-2014 11:05 AM

I fasted yesterday and I gained a pound :mad: -- Usually I don't get hungry on fast days but yesterday I was miserable. I was at the FCA, so I did not even have any food. I could have bought some candy but refused (good girl :angel:). I had sensible dinner and voila I am up a pound today. So frustrating. Makes me think that if I had eaten all day as normal, I would be up 3 pounds. UGH! A double UGH!

So today will be a normal eating day for me, I will probably gain Boo!

Hah, just checked; I am ovulating; no wonder my weight is up. :carrot:

Rant over :D

It is snowing, again. We need to get like 3 inches of snow to break a record for the snowiest winter ever.

Testerday
B - tea
L - Fast
D - Porkloin w/ veggies, salad
S - Apple w/pb

Exercise - None

Weight
Up 1 lb

Sum38 03-26-2014 09:33 AM

Noone home??

I'll make it quick then ;)

B - Green Tea
L - Salad w/ grilled chicken, avocado, feta, veggies and vinaigrette dressing
D - Porkloin, veggies and salad
S - Apple w/pb

Exercise
Weights 45 min, 4.7 mile power walk 60 min

Weight
No change

Zumbachica 03-26-2014 12:28 PM

I took a few days off from "dieting" to just refresh and regroup. The damage done was not as bad as I thought it would be. I"m not happy about being back up to 150...but i thought for sure i would be somewhere around 155.....

Dog peed on my scale this morning,,,,i was annoyed but laughed at the same time.....I think she has the right idea.

I chatted a bit with the trainer that i want to use...45 minutes for a half hour, 80 for a full hour and a discount for a package of five sessions......I think i'm going to have to give up something to make this work with my budget, I'm just not sure what. My "free" dog has cost me a bundle this past month. I'm just going to give up shopping for the time being, no clothes, no shoes, no makeup.....I have more than enough of what i need.....maybe less dinners with friends.

Cattails, working out at home is ideal...its just that i never get around to doing it....an appointment with an expensive trainer is not something I can blow off. I don't think working with a trainer is fun...I have done it before over the years...its hard work and i feel like a weakling.

Zumbachica 03-26-2014 12:31 PM

Home today, it is extremely windy and the wind chill factor is 20 degrees...feels more like 10. The dog won't go potty outside...she stands there and shakes..poor thing....and poor me...LOL....

My eating today has been low carb except for a slice of ezekial bread. I feel kind of weak and i'm not sure why.....I'm getting enough calories in for sure. I don't have kids this weekend so it should be easier to control what i'm eating since i'm only cooking for me..thank God for those Atkins frozen dinners.

Zumbachica 03-26-2014 12:32 PM

SUM You are going to have a big woosh! I just know it...

Chubby mum 03-26-2014 08:36 PM

Sum - I eat twice or even three times as much as you!

I weighed in today (instead of tomorrow) cos TOM and its bloat is due soon and I'm down 2 pounds. I'm averaging 0.5 kg a week which is just over a pound a week but I expect that to slow soon.

I've become a bit complacent about what I eat but it doesn't seem to be mattering too much. Limiting biscuits, cakes and sweets and complex white carbs seems to be working so I'll stick with it for now. I still have a big handful of belly when I sit down but standing up things are good. I actually think my tummy will survive the 4 babies thing quite well but I suspect my boobs are beyond all help!

It's rainy/stormy here which is great as it cuts through the humidity a bit. Hope everyone has a great Thursday.

MarleneV 03-26-2014 11:22 PM

Checking in real quick... this is just the time of year that I keep super busy... Still OP, within calories, and got a walk in this evening. 124.0 this am, betting that won't stick.

thanks Cattails, yes, looking back to see where I came from seems to keep me on track. Particularly when dealing with the stress that this time of the year brings. My old go-to was a Chick-fil-a chocolate milkshake. haven't had a milkshake in 20 months, not planning on having one, its simply not on my list of options...

Sum38 03-27-2014 10:18 AM

Marlene I hope that your 124 sticks! -- I keep thinking about you and your job; what a stressful time. Just think of April 15th and the drink you will have to celebrate the last day :)

Chubbymom If I ate any more, I would start gaining like mad. But I am not breast feeding wither :) Enjoy! I wish I could eat more.... You are dropping weight nicely, keep doing what you are doing, it is working!!

Zumba I hope your furbaby will get hang of the potty training soon. Luckily she is so small that her poopies must be minis too :)

Heidi :yay: for your push-ups. I hope life is going well for you!

Cattails
How are the workouts going?

Susan When are you leaving for the OB? Just keep running past the DD's :D

Carma You are doing fab!!! Onderland is just around the corner! Wow! -- I re-committed to my fitbit yesterday. I saw that you have been posting your steps. I had a good step day 18000, today won't go so well though. Both kids have doctor appointments, no time to get two walks in....

Rennie :wave: Where are you?

Sum38 03-27-2014 10:25 AM

Still waiting for my whoosh; I did lose a pound though. I have a feeling that there may not be a whoosh in my future, just painfully slow down ticks if I manage to stay OP. I need to learn to look at the BIG picture. I am just too impatient.

How come scale can jump UP 3 pounds in one day but it does not happen the otherway :lol:

I don't feel bloated anymore....so what ever bloat I had came off with that measly pound. (Could I sound any more displeased... :lol3:)

I had a great OP day yesterday. Ate well and walked 8 miles. I took over 18000 steps.

B - Green Tea
L - Salad w/chicken, avocado, feta, veggies and vinaigrette dressing
D - GF pasta, pasta sauce w/meat, veggie and small salad.
S - Apple w/pb

Exercise
3.3 mile pup walk 60 min
4.7 power walk 60 min

Weight
Down 1 lb

Zumbachica 03-27-2014 02:48 PM

not weighing in today.....exhausted.....no plans for the weekend except to train this puppy and eat clean.

Cattails 03-27-2014 08:36 PM

Sum, I took a break from working out for a few days; felt kinda off for whatever reason. Did finally go out for a walk and did a light strength routine today (only 30 minutes!) to remind my muscles what they're there for, and tried out the beginning pilates DVD in my pack. Not much new in it for me, but I enjoyed going along with the narrator. Looking forward to doing the intermediate one soon.

Wow, 8 miles and 18000+ steps?! My feet ache just thinking about it!

Rest up, Zumba, you'll feel better for it, I'm sure.

:wave: to everyone!

soon2beskinnyCarma 03-27-2014 10:23 PM

Just a quick check in, no time for personals. Still grinding the grind and working out here. I haven't fallen off the wagon.

MarleneV 03-28-2014 01:26 AM

Sum, thanks! I'm looking forward to 5:00 on 4/15. We'll go for a drink then, and the next day I think we are leaving for a camping trip to the beach. Still working on that plan. And, the 124 did not stick, I was 125.5 this am, which is fairly normal. I'm impressed with the 8 miles walking!

OP today for me, including a lunch with a client. Walk this evening after dinner, and then 2 hours of productive work time after that, so it was a good day. about 1250 calories for the day.

Work Friday & Saturday, and taking Sunday off. Plan is to go on car club drive to local wineries, should be fun.

newleaf123 03-28-2014 09:59 AM

Hi friends. What's the matter with me??! I eat well, I like eating well, I like being thin. And yet... ugh. Way up this week. I need to stop this.

Anyway, still no candy, and still doing pushups, so those are the positives. My DH is feeling disgusted with himself, too. Spring can't come soon enough! Wait, it is Spring... ugh. Very, very windy here today, too.

newleaf123 03-28-2014 09:59 AM

Didn't someone promise me a frying-pan bonk if I needed it?? Bring it on...

newleaf123 03-28-2014 10:02 AM

zumba I just remembered -- how are you liking your GLK?? I've had mine for 3 years now, and on the one hand I love it. But... with DS1 at 6'2", and DS2 following on the same path, it is feeling SMALL... So, I have an ML loaner car in the garage that I need to return this morning, while my car is in the shop for it's inspection. I think I'm in love... although it's too pricey. But maybe on the 2nd-hand market???

Sum38 03-28-2014 11:31 AM

Heidi since you insisted :D

:frypan::frypan::frypan::frypan::frypan:

And this for a good measure :rollpin:

Sum38 03-28-2014 11:51 AM

I did horrid yesterday. Ate everything I could get my hands on. I did not even bother tallying it up. I guess it was my "cheat" day... I should learn to cheat on better things :D

I did not weigh in this morning, I did not want to get all sad about it. I will wait a few days before I step on that scale and let everything settle down.

I doubt I'll make my 140 mini goal by the time this month is up. Overall this month was a wash. I will prolly end up exactly where I started at or with a small gain. -- Looking at the bright side; I maintained.

I started my day off poorly, but what happened happened and I am looking forward. I am forgiving myself :) I have a nice salad planned for lunch and Tilapia dinner. I will also do a long day at the gym; weights, power walk and swim.

I just made a very nice pot of soup; lemon chicken rice soup. The Greek kind. But it is for hubby only; if I start eating it, I won't stop. -- I made some chili last night and I kept showing that down my throat all night long. After I already had had a dinner.

Off to do my exercises. TaTa for now.