Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 11:29 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

125.0 this am.

B- egg & cream of wheat with 1/4 c 1% milk
L - salad with chicken, guacamole, salsa, blueberries, animal crackers
S - Orange, cheese, dark chocolate piece, magic pop
D - Steak, brown rice, salad, apple sauce (unsweetened)
S - ice cream & 4 animal crackers
Water - 7 cups, exercise 30DS level 2
Calories before exercise - aprox 1300

Tomorrow brings a breakfast meeting at Panera and a lunch meeting at a local Mexican restaurant. I already have my plan in place.

B - Power steak bowl with egg whites & tea
L - Chicken Caesar salad that has black beans, avocado, cheese, chipotle & pumpkin seeds. No dressing or tortilla strips, add salsa. I am going to stay away from the chips, and drink water. If I'm still hungry, I'll have an orange or animal crackers when I get back to the office, and know that I'll have snack of a cheese stick and orange around 3:30 or so.
I haven't figured out the rest of the day yet.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:23 AM   #422  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Woke up all giddy this morning...144.2 lbs. Only 2 pounds away from a normal BMI

I had terrible sugar cravings all day yesterday; did not give in! (Ovulation time, ugh) -- I love Finnish chocolate and I was at the FCA all day; the shop was calling my name all day, but I fought back. I was really proud of myself. So for today, I decided to make a fruit smoothie for bfast of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, banana, vegan protein powder and vanilla yogurt. Oh so yummy! I don't know if it SBD approved, but I don't care, it should curb my cravings all natural way

Meals
B - Orange and hard boiled egg (130)
L - Sweet and sour chili and baby carrots (300)
D - Porkloin, broccoli (300)
S - String cheese (2), apple w/bp (620)
Total cals 1350

Exercise
Step aerobics 60 min

Weight
Old 01-23-2014, 09:26 AM   #423  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
I am working really hard to eliminate all candy from my diet. In fact, yesterday when I had some time to kill and could have done some grocery shopping, I was fantasizing about the Twizzlers I could get. So instead I went to the book store during that time and browsed. Victory! I haven't had any candy in over a week, and am working towards never having it again. It just does me in. It was so easy for me to drop diet soda, and I want to drop this too.
Yay for the candy victory! Candy is POISON; a hard addiction to overcome.

My weight still wants to stay at the exact same weight it has been for the past five days: 158.4, in spite of the act that I completely changed what I ate yesterday and added a bunch of different exercise. I think I have found my first "set point". It's really only been five days so I'm not in a panic yet, but I'm definitely going to be mixing it up again today.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #424  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hello Ladies,

Yesterday was awful, I woke up vomiting and that continued for hours...and then I had an awful headache and stayed in bed most of the day. I didn't eat until late evening and had some broth and rice. I am no longer throwing up, I'm just really congested. I have no appetite and I'm going to run with that and not eat much today.....and if I do eat I'm doing high protein. My housewarming party is next week and I wanted to wear this fantabulous tight black dress....and then the week after that I'm going away and wanted to look cute in my apre ski clothes...I know that sounds shallow but I needed reason to get motivated and those were my reasons.....I feel so sad.....we had a big snow storm so this will be my second day in the house....I didn't go to work today.....hoping I'm all recovered by tomorrow....
Old 01-23-2014, 11:37 AM   #425  
Fat to Fab and Fit

You have had a rough week Zumba! I am glad you called in and did not go in all sick and weak.

Feel better!
Old 01-23-2014, 12:29 PM   #426  

thanks SUM...I taught Monday and Tuesday not feeling well, and I probably got worse or picked up another bug because of it.....so I am forcing myself to stay home.....even if it means less money that I really need now to throw my housewarming party......I have to go outside and take the snow ice off my car and I'm dreading it...the wind chill factor is below zero, I believe right now it is 9 degrees....

the good news is that I'm back down to 146..and plan on seeing a loss from here on out....I would like to be 140 by the end of this challenge, lower than that would be a dream......I'm focusing more on my diet right now than the exercising because I feel too sick to work out......I am going to try an get out of my class for tomorrow also...oh well I guess weight lifting is not happening this week as planned
Old 01-23-2014, 10:46 PM   #427  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

B - Power steak bowl with egg whites and skinny vanilla latte
L - Chicken salad avocado, cheese, chipotle & pumpkin seeds, salsa. drink water. 2 chips (seriously, just 2!) Animal Crackers, orange
S - Orange, cheese stick
Chamber of Commerce Happy hour - 2 pieces of quesadilla and 2 nacho chips with some beef & cheese on them
D - Salad with chicken, Feta, black olives & salsa. Blueberries
S - ice cream.
W - at least 7 cups
E - going to go do elliptical when done posting this.
Approx 1400 calories before exercise.

I changed my plan from last night to have the skinny vanilla latte, I had room for that. Another lady ordered my lunch salad for me, and it didn't come with the beans. She knows I'm watching what I eat, and I think she must have told them to not include those either, so that is fine.

When I was there, I ran into some of the guys who used to be in the same Rotary Club as me, they "retired" from the club. Went over to say hi, and none of them recognized me until I told them who I was. That was actually great! I also sold them some raffle tickets that the club is selling now, so that helped me out there too.

Hope you all had a good day! Its very cold here and we have "winter mix" now, so driving to work in the morning is going to be interesting. I was raised up north, so I can drive in it, but there are so many here who cannot...
Old 01-24-2014, 01:38 AM   #428  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Nice weigh-in, Sum!

Zumba, sorry you got hit hard with this bug; hope you feel better quickly! It's definitely a good idea to take a break from classes right now if you can.

Ha, Marlene, how fun to not even be recognized! And good job with the eating out (twice in a day, whoo!). My DH loves to take me out to eat so I often have lunch or dinner in a restaurant 3 or 4 times a week - it can be done! I love when restaurants have the calorie counts listed right on the menu...

Good luck with the candy-kick, Heidi - it's a tough one when we're surrounded by the stuff everywhere we go! I guess I'm kind of lucky in that most candy gives me an immediate and severe headache, so I don't have too much trouble passing it by anymore.

Last edited by Cattails; 01-24-2014 at 01:52 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:50 AM   #429  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Weighed in at 117, but I'm not changing my profile number! LOL

B: greek yogurt with chopped cherries and flaxseed
L: mu shu pork (no pancakes or sauce), small salad with asian dressing
S: 1/2 a banana, coffee with creamer
D: one piece of bread with a bit of butter, cup of butternut squash soup, grilled herb chicken, grilled zucchini and tomato
S: lightly buttered air-popped popcorn, 1 oz dark chocolate, coffee with creamer
E: 20 minute walk; an hour lifting weights with cardio intervals in between sets
Old 01-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #430  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

I was stuck for almost a week, so I decided to change things up and see if I could shake up my metabolism a bit.

The past few days I did a bunch of different exercise and ate foods I don't usually eat. Nothing particularly bad, just different: different veggies than usual, a low-carb muffin, more eggs and no MorningStar burgers, etc.

It worked! I had a whoosh and now my weight is 157.0.

NSV's: I can feel my body getting stronger; little things like reaching for something on a high shelf, sitting up in bed, etc. are starting to feel easier. Also my legs are feeling firmer to the touch. AND I finally squeezed into my largest pair of skinny jeans. Have to wear them with Spanx, but still, I was able to get them over my thighs, so that's something, right? w00t!
Old 01-24-2014, 09:36 AM   #431  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Shrinking I noticed that I am able to go up and down the stairs without getting winded, now I sprint them These are great NSV's!!!

Cattails I would not change the ticker either

MarleneV Great NSV for you as well, not to be recognized is just wow! Congrats!!

Zumba I hope you feel better today!

Ok, call me blonde but what did Chardonnay do? Did I miss something?? Sounds like it was something big and fantastic.

Heidi, how's the candy free life going?
Old 01-24-2014, 09:52 AM   #432  
Fat to Fab and Fit

No change for me weight wise, but it was a big week, 3.2 pound loss I know I won't be able to maintain this pace but it sure feels good whilst it is happening. DH said there is less of me to hug! All of my 8's fit and I mean fit, they do not leave muffin tops or pull. I donated all of my 2's, 4's and 6's I will be without clothes pretty soon. -- I did start collecting summer clothes in size 6 way back (utilized those WHBM sales), so hopefully I don't rush through the 8's too quickly and be left with nothing to wear. -- I did save some size 6 Gap jeans and most of my tops are size S, so I won't need to walk around naked. Plus leggins always work

Yesterday was grueling work out day; today is a lighter day. I spent 3 hours at the gym Pretty soon, I need to move in there Today I will walk the pup, if weather warms up a bit, for 3.3 miles and do step aerobics for an hour. -- I was complimented by the Wednesday's class teacher how far I have come in a month; she said she can tell that it has become easier for me; that I have spring in my step. That was nice to hear

So I am happy, happy!

Meals

B - Smoothie w/ banana, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, protein powder, oj and yogurt (600 cal)
L - Pork tenderloin, salad (300)
D - Pineapple chili (I skipped the pineapples) (250)
S - Apple w/ peanut natural butter (450)
Total cals 1600

Exercise
45 minutes of weights
55 minutes of treadmill walking at 4.2 mph; 5 minutes of jogging at 5 mph; cool down 5 min; total 65 min
50 minutes of swimming, breast stroke

Weight
No change

Last edited by Sum38; 01-24-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:48 PM   #433  

Well I didn't meet my goal of 144 today, but I did get down to 145.6...so atleast I'm a bit lower than I have been in a while....the only good thing to come out of this cold,,,i was forced to slow down and it killed my appetite.....I'm eating protein today and not much. I must have been exhausted because I slept until noon today...I Never do that!!! I must have been physically exhausted. I am still congested but thank God feel so much better today...no more awful headache......I actually went out today....went to visit a friend working at the hospital and then went to Whole Foods.....it feels below zero out and my finger tips were getting numb even with gloves on...ouch!

Im really hoping that now that I'm feeling a bit better I can finally start throwing myself into working out.....I am hoping to see 144 by the end of this weekend......quite the challenge since the kids will be here.....but I need to stay focused.....found my Belly Fat Cure book and will be reading it over tonight ....I remember the past few times I tried this diet it worked...its low carb, but not as extreme as Atkins.....the point is not ketosis....
Old 01-24-2014, 09:05 PM   #434  

SUM please stop complaining about not having clothes to wear...we should all have that problem...you can always pick up a few new things to get you through until summer..... I haven't bought clothes in a while and I won't...but how I miss my trips to WHBM.....they must be wondering where I am... I'll take all your size 8's when you are done with them...

SHRINK nice going on the woosh

CATTAILS: nice number!!!!
Old 01-24-2014, 09:09 PM   #435  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi guys!

Just reading the updates from all of you, who weigh so much less than me, I am flippin' impressed!! I see so much serious discipline and dedication to health and maintenance. It's beyond encouraging to see that maintaining a normal weight after losing a lot of weight is doable. I really hope one day I am at a normal weight, too.

Popping in to say I have hit somewhat of a plateau. I have spent the last week at or even a bit over my low weigh-in a week ago (191) and this morning I was 191½ lbs still. Because of this, I do not count my Valentine's Day challenge as truly completed. My goal for this challenge is no longer obese which is 191 lbs. I was only at 191 for a few hours a week ago! This is like the third plateau I've experienced since I started dieting; trying not to freak out and just stay the course. I went over my max calories twice in the last week, each time by 200 calories. The rest of the days have been compliant.

to everyone!
Closed Thread