Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 12:42 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Rennie, I just moved up to level 2 of 30ds. Level one was starting to get boring, level 2 is a little more challenging. Congrats on the new low.

Moondance, I did cold turkey when I did it, with a very specific plan. It sucked because I got off the candy/junk and a 6-8 cans of diet coke and 2-3 cups of dark roast coffee per day all at the same time. I could have killed that week... But it got better quickly. Now I do occasionally have dark choc, coffee once or twice a week, and a yummy 1/2 the fat, no added sugar ice cream that is 100 calories per 1/2 cup several nights a week. But didn't add these unil I got to goal.

Last edited by MarleneV; 01-22-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:49 AM   #407  

125.0 this am

B-balance dark choc crunch bar & coffee with cream & sweet & low
L- shrimp fajita salad, black beans, few chips
S-orange, egg
D-salad with chicken, garlic beard (1/2 slice)
S- blackberries, ice cream, animal crackers, cheese
W-8 cups, no exercise.

Calorie est- 1340.

Dinner was not enough, was so hungry when I got home,see lots of snacking after dinner. Better than eating the pasta that was my other option. Oh, and I didn't eat the cheesecake that was part of dinner.

Last edited by MarleneV; 01-22-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:56 AM   #408  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I had a nice lunch with my gf at Michell's Fish Market The restaurant was next to Whole Foods and I loaded up on meats and healthy veggies for the week.

Meals
B- Orange
L- Shrimp salad
D- Porkloin, veggies
S - String cheese, almonds and apple

Exercise
4.2 mile treadmill walk, weights 45 min, swim 45 min

Weight

Up 0.6 lbs

Last edited by Sum38; 01-22-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #409  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattails View Post
Well, we had tons of pizza yesterday; I ate a little more than I really ought to have, but oh well, one extra piece (probably!) won't kill me. Plain angel food cake with sliced mangos on top for birthday cake, no guilt there. And weighed in at 116 again so I guess the day wasn't so damaging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleneV View Post
Am a little short of 1200 calories for the day. I'm not really hungry, and have a lunch and dinner for work tomorrow, so I'm going to just leave today where it is and expect that I'm going to be high tomorrow, and it will even out.
When I get to maintenance I hope to do just what you ladies are doing: keep posting my meals, my weight, my goals, and my progress... and keep encouraging those on the journey. You are an inspiration to me and to others that we CAN do it. Thank you for giving me a realistic view of what maintenance looks like.
----------------

Today I am stuck at exactly the same weight, 158.4, as I was two days ago last time I weighed in.

I will be mixing it up today, though I am not sure how just yet. I think my body is getting complacent with what I have been doing, so today I will shake up my diet (I usually eat the same things each UpDay) and add in some exercise I don't usually do.

Busy day today, driving carpool, classes in the morning, grocery shopping, and ladies' Bible study in the evening.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:23 PM   #410  
Food and Wine Lover

S/C/G: Goal Weight: 125

Question: Do you find it more/less motivating to weigh daily? Does this keep you better on track of your weight loss? I'm so terribly afraid that if I see weight gain one day I'll lose motivation, so I've been weighing once a week or every few weeks. Maybe weighing daily will keep me more aware of what's going on with my body? I don't know, I'm kind of wondering if I should try it. Any thoughts?
Old 01-22-2014, 04:23 PM   #411  

Shrink,

Thank you. At least for me, posting is keeping me accountable for staying on maintenance. I've managed to lose weight before, and then have gained it back for one reason or the other. I'm identifying some of the reasons that I did that, because I want to avoid it for life now. It's hard to lose, and while maintaining has its challenges, its easier to do this than start all over again. If I can help encourage someone else along their journey, that's a bonus!

And I've had stalls that last a couple weeks in the past, usually around every 10 pounds or so. Don't know if others experience the same thing, but you might look back at your history and see if something similar has happened (although your prior chart looked fantastic), and then remember what you did to shake it back loose. That is where my charts and logs were really helpful to me.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:30 PM   #412  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Shrinking I was stuck at 155 for a month. It was frustrating. I was eating well (1200 cals) and exercising, and nothing happened. Sometimes the scale does not reflect what is going inside. For instance, I was reading that as the fat cells empty their fat, they temporarily fill up with water to keep their shape. And water weighs more than fat. Many people give up because they think that they are not making any progress... So I was stuck at 155 for a month; on Dec. 25th I was 155 pounds, now 4 weeks later I am 145.x pounds; 10 pound whoosh. It was worth the stall My body was dropping fat even though the scale did not reflect it.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #413  

Chardonnay,

I'm a daily weigher, it helps me keep track where I am, and if I'm up (above my preferred range) I usually know why and will make immediate adjustments for a few days until I get back into my range. I even weighed daily while losing, just to see if I was on track. I would sometimes get discouraged, but kept at it. I record 2 times a week.

It really depends on what your frame of mind is. Some people would rather weigh once a week and see bigger movements. You could try it and see if it helps or doesn't.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:48 PM   #414  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Thanks for saying that, Shr1nk1ing; logging in here really helps me keep focus, and it's nice to know that I'm welcome! And like Marlene, I had several stalls during my losing for 2 or 3 weeks at a time. I just kept at it and told myself "trust the process," maybe made a tweak or two to my diet where I was going a little bit overboard, and eventually the weight would move again. Keep at it, you're doing great!

Chardonnay, I weigh myself every morning. It's not the same for everyone, but for me, if I see the weight go up, it galvanizes me to work at this thing a little harder; if it goes down, that usually motivates me to work at this thing a little harder, too! But I can get a little obsessed with the number thing and when I think that's happening, I forbid myself from weighing until I can get my mind right: "it's just a number, and you are more than a number." Anyway, whatever works for you is the right way to go.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #415  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Chardonnay, I also wanted to say that I am so amazed at your strength and tenacity, after reading your post regarding the past several years. Wow...just wow. To pick yourself up and remake your life, your way - you have my admiration, and I'm so happy for you.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:00 PM   #416  
Food and Wine Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleneV View Post
Chardonnay,

I'm a daily weigher, it helps me keep track where I am, and if I'm up (above my preferred range) I usually know why and will make immediate adjustments for a few days until I get back into my range. I even weighed daily while losing, just to see if I was on track. I would sometimes get discouraged, but kept at it. I record 2 times a week.

It really depends on what your frame of mind is. Some people would rather weigh once a week and see bigger movements. You could try it and see if it helps or doesn't.
I think I might try. I worry about being discouraged, but I think at this point, I understand the fluctuations of my female body! I can see how this would be very helpful while maintaining (I'm so close!!)...because I honestly don't want to be counting calories for the rest of my life! Congratulations on your success...being 10 pounds under your goal is awesome!

Last edited by Chardonnay; 01-22-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:04 PM   #417  
Food and Wine Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattails View Post
Chardonnay, I also wanted to say that I am so amazed at your strength and tenacity, after reading your post regarding the past several years. Wow...just wow. To pick yourself up and remake your life, your way - you have my admiration, and I'm so happy for you.
Oh thank you so much!! It was difficult, I won't lie, but very necessary, almost a life or death situation in a way. I chose life and I'm pretty happy I did As for the daily weighing, I think I'm strong enough to try it, I would like to keep better track of my weight...a few years back it would have been way too discouraging though. Congratulations to you too on your success!

Last edited by Chardonnay; 01-22-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:24 PM   #418  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hey, just a quick check-in. Still alive and kicking. Busy. Not doing so well in terms of portion control. HOWEVER, and this is BIG, I am working really hard to eliminate all candy from my diet. In fact, yesterday when I had some time to kill and could have done some grocery shopping, I was fantasizing about the Twizzlers I could get. So instead I went to the book store during that time and browsed. Victory! I haven't had any candy in over a week, and am working towards never having it again. It just does me in. It was so easy for me to drop diet soda, and I want to drop this too.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:03 PM   #419  

Chardonnay, I've been meaning to say basically what Cattails did, what you've done is amazing, and if you could do that, you can certainly reach goal! I bet you can handle daily weighing, and know that we are here to support you if it causes problems!

And on being 10 under goal, it kind of just happened. Originally my goal was 140, but then I decided to make it 135. Once I hit that, I was pretty much happy, but the other 10 came off easily at that point for some reason... I'm very happy staying between 124 & 126.

One comment though, I still count calories, or rather I started counting calories when I hit goal. Before that I was counting servings of protein/fruit/starches/veggies because that is how my program is structured. The reality is that I still count the servings, but it is easier to put in MFP with calories instead of writing it down. I know that when I stopped tracking (either by writing down or using an electronic tool) in the past, was when I usually gained. Also when I started avoiding getting on the scale was an indicator too. So that is another reason for the daily weighing in my case.

Yogi Berra is credited for saying "Baseball is 90% mental and the other half physical". We might say the same about the weight loss life style change - 90% mental and the other half diet & exercise...
Old 01-22-2014, 11:26 PM   #420  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

I just started calorie counting 5 days ago. Interesting for sure
Closed Thread