Old 08-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #31  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi all, I'm back not sure of a challenge goal yet, but wanted to check in, getting ready to do my exercises, so more later after I catch up!

Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:18 AM   #32  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Hey, happy birthday, Jiggle! I think it's wise to stick to plan; you can treat yourself in other ways than food, plus, one of the best treats is to do something kind for your body that will make you feel good inside and out for days, instead of calorically ecstatic for half an hour and then regretful for the next 48.

Sum, I'm certainly trying. I tell myself, it's a life, not a diet. I'm at the age where many start to have problems with joints, blood pressure etc., and I don't want that!

Carma, I'm not sure I can make the chili; I may try anyway, but alas, a lot of ingredients (grilled tomatoes in a jar!) that are commonplace in the US are not readily available around here!

Heidi, no I don't eat fish. I saw some really nice recipes on that site, but many of them call for things I can't get here. I'm used to adapting, though

Someone was asking about my chalkboard piggy bank, but I can't find it now! Whoever it was, I bought it here in Switzerland, but I'm sure if you google it, you'll find one. I've decided to put in 10 bucks for every pound I lose. When I hit goal, I will go clothes shopping! ETA: I just googled them; they seem to be available at Target? and probably loads of other places...

Hang in there, everyone. Our heat wave is about to break. It will be nice not to have to restrict outdoor activities to before 9am and after 8pm

Last edited by Magicsusan; 08-06-2013 at 01:55 AM.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:16 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Thamks for the chalkboard tip susan.
Feeling empowered this morning. Down to 209.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meditated 11 minutes. Weightlifted 30 minutes last night and did a total of 80 minutes walking.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #34  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Morning

Yesterday was an insanely busy day for me, and I did not have time to sit down and overeat therefore my scale was kind to me, even tho I had a HUGE Mexican dinner with all the trimmings. So I feel renewed with my weightloss. -- I guess we go in cycles what comes to weightloss...sometimes we are on and then off. July was definitely an off month for me. I felt blah about the whole thing and I did not have the stamina for it. Those overly hot days really did a number on me and my motivation. Now that it is cool (feels like fall), I feel renewed and energized. -- I am sad though that August is turning out to be so cold. It felt like we barely had any summer. I don't miss the 100F+ days but nice 82F day would feel heavenly.

Plan for today
Meals
Bfast - Fruit smoothie
Snack - Apple w/pb
Lunch - Salad with grilled chicken
Snack - Carrots w/ranch
Dinner - Salmon, potatoes, corn and avocado/tomato/onion/cucumber salad

Exercise
120 minutes minimum
Walk 4.8 miles (75 min)
Weights (45 min)

Evening walk? (60 min)

Last edited by Sum38; 08-06-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #35  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Happy birthday Jiggle!!

I'm thankful for the cool weather, although I am a bit concerned about the affects of cool nights on my tomatoes...

Had some cucumbers from the garden and crunchy granola bar for lunch, oatfit oatmeal with almond milk for breakfast.

My goal for this challenge is to stick with my 12 week program, I'm on week 4 (repeating 4 because of music festival we went to last week/weekend!)

I need to have structure to keep me exercising, too, I made a little checklist for the week so I can just check boxes and make sure I get in what I'm supposed to.

Best to all
Old 08-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #36  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Jiggle
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIGGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #38  

Hi all! Wow, my scale is up again...PMS bloat is not helping! I kept calories on the down low today......hope that helps, I'd be apply to see a little drop tmrw....one week until Zumba convention, the heat is on!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #39  

jiggle.

Well got meditation and yoga done today but off on walking. Only 30 minutes. Hopefully tomorrow I get all 4 done. Have been having 500 plus calorie deficit with exercise/ remaining food. Water has been good. I bought an infuser water bottle at 5 below. Plan on doing coconut lime tomorrow.

Night all
Old 08-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #40  

Hey chickies...well one week from today I'll be off and running to Florida and sized up by my peers so the heat is on! There is no more room for error! Going to really practice intuitive eating coupled with low carb.....I have to stay focused........

Not sure when af is arriving but hopefully soon to relieve this bloat! I have to get ready for class...then I'm taking a friend to lunch for her bday..I already looked at the menu and I know what I'm ordering.....have to stick to that plan!
Old 08-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #41  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Happy birthday, jiggleFree! I hope you had a great day!

So, I've got the "healthy food" down. I've got the "exercise" down, but I still struggle with portion control! I bought a fabulous cantaloupe at the farm yesterday, cut it in half, and ate one "side". I left the other side wrapped up on the counter and told DH that the cantaloupe was delicious and he should have some. What did he do? Took a sliver off the half and ate it. What did I do? Ate the remainder of that half after he left, and quickly so I wouldn't have to share it with DS

Later, I skipped dinner and did a 4-mile strenuous walk. At 8:30 I was hungry so I had 3 bowls of homemade fennel dip, which was AWESOME! Totally healthy, made with 0% Greek yogurt, fennel, garlic, and cucumber. Sure, my weight was still down today, but imagine if I stopped at 1 bowl??

Can anyone relate?
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #42  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Absolutely, Heidi, can't begin to count how many times I've said to myself, imagine if you didn't eat that much. Sometimes I feel like I have a tapeworm or something, there's no feeling full...

I could easily eat the same portions as DH, of course if I eat what he eats I'm going to gain, I try to look at serving sizes on food labels. And when that doesn't work I just accept and move on and resolve to keep trying.

I think this is what's behind my stall lately, can't call it a plateau because I'm not totally on program. I try not to look to long at the fact that I'd be at my goal by now if I stayed OP.

Anyway, you're not alone
Old 08-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #43  

I hear you Heidi . Today at the end of work I was really hungry. We eat at 11 so 2pm I had some granola. Then debated on a Luna bar. Said no to that. Went shopping. Some cheddar bacon goldfish got thrown into the cart. I bought some pluots. Driving home. Ate two pluots and then started in on the bacon goldfish. Which were amazing. I ate 3/4 of a serving which is 105 calories. If I had had the Luna bar it would have carried me further and had more fiber and protein. I know will be changing my half burger into a half a turkey burger with supper so I can still have corn and broccoli and squash. Hopefully I am still under calories. I should have time for a 45 minute walk then weightlifting and some yoga. Just hope the sodium doesn't do me in. Ugh.
Zumba: your going to do great at the conference.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #44  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I've been busy, busy, busy. I homeschool my daughter as well as I've been preparing for a Women's Conference I'm speaking at in Oklahoma this weekend. I'm excited and in expectation. I have been getting my workouts in with my daughter when we do "freestyle ballet" dancing. No we are not trained in ballet we are just winging it. It's fun and it's really a good workout. Been eating pretty good. It was my plan to take measurements on Saturdays but this week will not happen until next week. I should be happy when I measure myself.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #45  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Feeling heavy and bloated today. Rounded up more clothes for Goodwill last night. Found out that I fit into some shorts that the last time I tried on were too tight. I guess it's the weight lifting since the number on the scale is pretty stable.

Have great days, everyone!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote