Old 08-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hey all......I'm so determined to get as much weight off as possible before my trip! Not sure why I'm feeling so bloated since its a week or more before period Is due.........my boobs are killing me! Keeping low on the carbs today and getting as much water down as I can without busting like a dam......Zumba today and housework to burn calories....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #47  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Having a good day so far. I'm getting my daily water in and it's helping me and I don't feel the need to snack as much. I gotta get a workout in today because I'm feeling sluggish. Guess I can do a kettlebell workout so I can start working on these upper arms!!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello all,

I'm late, hope it's okay to join?

I am always afraid to set goals.

But, I'm going to try anyway.

I have been losing, but a couple of times I've just about given up.

So... goal number 1.... is just to still be trying to lose on Labor Day.
Goal number 2 - to work to add water my life. I truly struggle getting water down but I know it helps with weightloss. I don't like Crystal Light, but will get some Mio.
Goal number 3 - to really try to take care of myself "spiritually"....

Okay. I'm timidly posting this. I hope I don't let myself down.

Best wishes to everyone.
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #49  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Beth - welcome to the group!! Of course you can join!!

I think that the goal of just still being at it come Labor Day is an awesome one. All we can do is keep chipping away, even when things don't feel like they are going right. We can always start anew with the next choice. I hope you're still chipping away it come Labor Day. Post here. The accountability really helps. Don't be timid
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #50  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Welcome Beth

Not sure what's going on with me, but working through it. Seems like as soon as I made sticking to my program my goal all I wanted to do was anything other than my program.

Last night I was exercising 'til 9:30 but got it in, yesterday was my long day, strength and functional exercises, if I didn't do it I wouldn't have been able to fit in what I needed for the week. Took off Tuesday for DH's birthday, no regrets, I get a day off, just don't usually take it during the week.

Hope I don't sound whiny, I really don't mean to be and don't want to sound that way. I'm thrilled I got back on track and actually feel changes in my abs, it's wild and wonderful. They're not really abs yet, but I feel progress. I just can't understand that little self destructive part of me, I feel so much better, why wouldn't I want to keep feeling better?!

Anyway, I've often said this is the epic battle between Fit Girl and Fat Girl, I'm rooting for Fit Girl, I don't know if I have it in me to start all over if I backslide again.

Well, thanks for listening and best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #51  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

By the way Newleaf your photo is lovely!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #52  
Heidi

kelijpa, I understand completely. I'm the same way. I'm not hungry. I'm not emotional. And yet I cruise the cabinets?? What's wrong with me? Thank you for the compliment on my picture. I hope it's not too self-aggrandizing that I change it so often. It's a reminder to me of how far I've come, every time I see it and every time I change it. I feel like when I stop taking pictures, it's because I've started putting on weight. So when I take and change the picture, it's a reminder to me. As in,

<------ SEE?? SEE?? You want to stay this way!! You didn't look like this a year ago!! You don't want to go back!!

I took that photo this morning. It's like it's proof to me, that I'm still where I want to be, and don't go wrecking it!! I guess I'm a visual person. LOL It's all such a head game, isn't it?
Old 08-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #53  

Total low carb today.....had a lovely day...spent time with friend at her cancer treatment...then we went shopping...more incentive to lose weight! Looking forward to the scale tomorrow...
Old 08-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #54  
Heidi

So glad you had a good day, zumba
Old 08-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #55  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Glad you had a good day Z!

Newleaf-I have the same kind of thing with the scale, I'm afraid not to weigh in because every time I didn't weigh every day I started to gain, we have to find and keep doing what works for us, right?!

Doing my exercises now, determined today hopefully got past the latest hump and will continue on down...hanging around 165 instead of 169 so taking that as progress in the right direction!

Best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 08-09-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #56  
Heidi

kelijpa I'm the same way with the scale. Every significant regain has started, in retrospect, with that feeling of disgust and decision not to weigh myself. No matter what, I weigh every single day.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #57  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ladies,

Nothing "good" to report. Have been eating like a pig; can not get myself back on track

I just can not get my mojo back. It surfaces for a day or two and then it goes away. Any tips?
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #58  

Sum I'm going to write to you and others later..I need to run out and do some grocery shopping......I'm one more lb down today..thought it would be more but who knowsvwhat was in the salad dressing I had yesterday at TGIF
Old 08-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #59  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

I'm so sorry, Sum, and I know what you mean about the determination coming and going. I wish I could tell you what's different this time. I think it's a bit of what someone once said about the difference between motivation and commitment. I've had lapses- like the entire month of May...
But-
What's working I think, is that for me this isn't a diet. This time, it's not something I'm going to do for a month, 6 months or a year and then declare finish! It's a more active, healthier life, because I really, really, really hated my life and I'm not getting any younger. I think I mentioned somewhere else that I took several years off from even attempting a diet and spent that time reading about eating, compulsive eating, the anti-diet movement and also taking a loooooong hard look at what makes me eat in an unhealthy manner and why. I don't think I would be as successful as I am at this now if I hadn't done that.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello all,

Thank you for welcoming me.

Heidi, I just went to your profile and saw your photos for the very first time. Thank you so much for sharing them and your enthusiasm here. I feel inspired by your words and re-committed after seeing your photos.

Sometimes I feel weight loss is simply impossible. I have achieved so many things in my life, but I have never succeeded with making to my ideal weight. Seeing your photos is a reminder that "impossible" is a lie.

Anyway, didn't mean to ramble... I just wanted to thank you...

To everyone else here, thanks to you for sharing your encouraging stories, struggles and successes.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Beth
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote