Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #196  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Ok, feeling very behind here... I've been busy with gardening primarily. Haven't formally exercised in a week! And feeling like I've been eating way too much.

So... I downloaded MFP to track calories for the next few days to help me reel things back in. The funny thing is: I already had an account, which I had forgotten totally about. Created in June 2011, weight 202. Goal of 155. I made my goal!!! So that was nice to see.

I normally don't count calories; this has made me batty in the past. But I thought this would be a good reset to just see where I'm at. I didn't weigh myself this AM and will hold off on the scale until Friday AM weigh-in.

Thank you again for all your support and compassion re: my health status. Going through what I did was a wild ride, and I'm so happy to have all my decisions and surgeries behind me (although I do need one last minor surgery which I've been putting off until I'm done losing weight). I'm very grateful for being able to address my cancer risk; life is good!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #197  
Heidi

Zumba just saw your post right above mine; how awful about your high school friend At the age we are at now, it seems like we see so many reminders that life isn't a given. My whole outlook has really changed in the last 5 years...
Old 05-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 156/157/142

Height: 5"4'

Zumba. What a terrible, sad story about HS friend, and those two children. Its so important but so difficult to remember that each day we have our health is a gift.

BTW. I think you are a little too hard on yourself. You can be a little chubby and still very healthy. I wonder if your perspective is skewed a bit by being in NY. There are parts of this country where you'd be considered thin, and I bet you are not as frumpy as you sometimes feel. Its ok to be kind to yourself once in a while.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!
Kelijpa: Thanks for the info! I would love to learn how to Salsa dance! Headspace app sounds interesting too.

LindaWW: You are doing so well on your weight loss! Way to go on upping your goal!

Junem: Great job on the bike ride! That is a ton of riding. DH wants to bike a lot this summer, which means I have to start training.

Zumba: That’s terrible about your classmate. I agree we all need to live life to the fullest. I hope you have a good week.

Heidi: Good luck counting calories! I did it for about a month when I started. I think it’s a good tool to get us back on track. I may have to do it again before the end of graduation party season!

Sum: It sounds like you’ll have to go to as many grad parties as we do! It is so hard to stay dieting when confronted by buffet tables of yumminess! I will probably have to practically fast after June 10!

Thanks for all the well wishes yesterday. The party went off without a hitch. DD reveled in her role as hostess as DH and I continually filled food and drinks! I didn’t count, but there had to be over 200 people through my yard at least. Very hectic, but at least I’m done now! I weighed this morning at 169.8, so I have finally reached the 160s (at least for one day!) Now if I can stay our of the leftover food and desserts…
Old 05-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #200  
Heidi

Guac How are you doing? I hope you have found your way back to where you need/want to be, foodwise. Anything we can do to help? Hopefully your Zyrtec season is behind you...

Zumba You are too hard on yourself. I am absolutely certain that you do not look like a T-Rex! Glad to see you had fun at the ballgame. Hopefully you've been able to rein in the food today... I did like your little jab about DG's "other commitment". Yeah, who does he think he's fooling?? Also, I totally second JuneM's post from earlier today. It *is* okay to be kind to yourself

JuneM That is quite a bike ride!! Way to go!

Mboo I hope all is well.

Kelijpa I didn't know that you were doing a bit of a lean towards vegan/vegetarian. We are too, my husband and I, although have been settling in more on vegetarian. I can't give up cheese or milk in my coffee. Congratulations to your mother re: 21 years! My sister is 2 years out of breast cancer and my mother is 27 years out of breast cancer and 17 years out of ovarian cancer. What a gift! So... what in the world was "puce micromini with lame"??? That was some awesome auto-correct going on there! I try to look at candy as if it is non-food; I wouldn't go crazy over a bowl of pebbles; I don't need to go crazy over a bowl of jellybeans. They are just pebbles. They are just pebbles. They are just pebbles.

2FatCAts There was some real wisdom there, in your notes to Zumba. I always feel inspired reading about your triumphs.

Natamars Glad to read that you've been able to spend time with your mother; I'm sure that makes her happy! What is it with not taking pain med?? She's a tough woman!

Sum You and your whooshes!! You are doing so well; I'm happy for you!!

Jennifer That turtle cupcake sounds awesome! Happy to see your weight going down and that your party was AWESOME!! I can't imagine hosting a party for 200+ people!! I think the most I've ever done was about 30-50 when we had a going away party, moving out of state.

LindaWW You are doing awesome!!

I have NOT been successfully following the mantra "indulge without overindulging". I am expecting this little reset to put me back on track. I've tracked breakfast & lunch on MFP; it does definitely make you think about what you eat. I put back a couple of my yummy multi-grain chips to drop the serving down to 100 cals... I'm *trying* to eat as I normally do, but I think just the act of logging makes you eat less, kind of how I've read that the act of putting on a pedometer automatically makes you walk more.

Anyway... we'll see how this goes. I think I'm at 700 or so calories for the day so far.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #201  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Newleaf: If you're logging calories - might as well log exercise, too. Come over to the dark side...Muhaha.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #202  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

newleaf123 - Thank you so much for reaching out! I have been reading today and am so happy for everyone, but so sad for me. Sometimes, coming here is discouraging, when I am on an upward climb with my weight and everyone else is high fiving on their triumphs. I have been there too, and this is totally the place to revel in success, all I am saying is that it kind of bums me out right now, ya know?

I know that I am in complete control of my eating and that I am the one who caused myself to gain back weight. Likewise, I can control getting back on plan and losing again. I just have to believe it. Right now, I feel very out of control. I have been caving into emotional eating again and I need to stop.

This weekend I didn't eat well at all, and my weight is continuing to creep up. My clothing is tight, and I am getting back bulges I hoped were gone forever. The more weight I gain, the more depressed I get, and the more I want to eat. It's a vicious cycle.

Today, I went for a 40 minute brisk walk, juiced a bunch of fruits and vegetables, and had a large salad with broiled salmon and hard boiled eggs, veggies, and 2 tbs of low-fat homemade dressing. I logged my calories in MFP.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #203  
Heidi

Guac I think most, if not all, of us have been where you are. Truly. I know I have. After getting down to 158 three years ago, I put on 47 pounds the following year bringing me to a new all-time high. I've since lost the weight, but feel like I could so easily start gaining again. What's my point? I don't think I have one. Other than to say, I get you...
Old 05-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

This is the THIRD TIME I am attempting to write this post..lets hope I can do it this time..LOL

GUAC I"m there with you girl....I'm not having success....every day I stay i'm going to do it and I fail. Its exhausting isn't it? I totally udnerstand the vicious cycle.....lets get our success story going.

NEWLEAF Yeah I really wonder how much time DG has left if this continues.....I think eventually in a relationship you have to make the committment to be exclusive..if not then you are just friends with bennies..I'm too old for that crappola.

JUNEM: I want to give you a huge hug right now. yes, I'm a little chubby and its okay for the most part. I know there are bigger women that would probablybe happy to look like me...but I really feel sloppy. I have huge boobs at this weight and a huge butt that is hard to camouflage. I have a small frame and this weight just doesn't look right. I miss my clothes, I miss how I felt in my clothes....I am so not comfortable in my skin. I also am afraid of putting on 100 extra lbs....and at that point having health problems like my mom who was a skinny woman but ate her way into high blood pressure and diabetes out of emotions. She spent years hating herself.....I went off on a tangent....I just want to say that I appreciate your words. And yeah, I live in a very hoity town where money seems to be synonymous with skinny....I remember dropping my son off at preschool years ago and thinking "Good Lord, do these women eat???!!!!" They all play tennis or own horses and they go out to lunch and don't eat. "I'll just have a small salad with lemon juice instead of dressing"...BIOTCH PLEASE!!!!

JENNIFER; So happy that the party went well!!!!!!

NEWLEAF dont underestimate gardening as opposed to a formal workout. maybe if we all did more manual work we wouldn't need formal workouts...LOL
Old 05-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #205  

PlEASE ignore my ticker, it is a lie ...I don't weight that anymor eand i'm too sad to update it to my true weight.

Okay so today is my first day of being back on low carb. No shakes, I get to eat real food...yayyyy.....I had mushrooom cheese and egg omelette for breakfast, a few walnuts for snack, a mcdouble and no bun for lunch.....I am so NOT hungry and I'm weigh under for carbs and calories.....Just having some boiled chicken for dinner and a salad and vegetables.

Looking at Oklahoma on the news right now, damage from tornado is horrible, praying for those there......

Zumba toning today.....kicked my own behind......
Old 05-21-2013, 07:42 AM   #206  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Morning,

It feels like Monday to me. DH just left for the week; he usually leaves on Monday mornings and gets home on Thursday nights...last week he got home on Friday night, so my schedule is totally off.

I had HORRID weekend what came to my eating. The grad party (plus stress) started my "binge"... scale jumped 4 pounds -- So I need to redo all losses from last week all over again...but I back on that saddle. Hoping to drop a few pounds today with clean eating and plenty of H2O.

I have a dr appointment today and need to get my blood drawn, I shiver of the thought. I am such a baby...trying to find reasons why I should skip it! LOL!

Have a fab day ladies.

SW 156.6
CW 157.8
Old 05-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #207  

SUM Stop being such a baby...LOL....just don't look while they are drawing you. I worked in a laboratory and was surrounded by tons of vials of blood but I still get the willies when they have to draw mine......as long as I don't look I'm fine.

I am going to make an assumption that things are good between you and hubby now?

something is definitely in the air, everyone is binging or sensitive......I wonder what is going on astrologically....
Old 05-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #208  
Heidi

I'm still shooting for being below 155 for this challenge. Totally doable if I'm willing to commit. I weighed myself this morning; so much for waiting until Friday. I need the feedback. 158.0 today.

Have a great day, ladies! Good luck with the bloodwork, Sum.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #209  

Hey all, i'm a happy camper today. After one day of low carbing I already lost a few lbs in bloat. Hope the swooshing continues. I have so much work ahead of me to reach my goals.

today I'm teaching a class to seniors so theres not much of a workout there but I am going to try and get a DVD in this morning before the day starts. Both my kids have violin competition today.....so I'll be busy all afternoon/evening.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #210  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Morning All,

I walked down to the river and back (about 2.5 miles rt) and let the dogs swim. Then I had to bathe them - 2 stinky Golden Retrievers. Yuck.
Not much else planned for today in the exercise realm. Feeling sore from yesterday's lifting and 2 walks.

Challenge checkin:
So far I am on track in this challenge EXCEPT for that dang side porch. It has rained every day or threatened to (this excuse even sounds weak to me.....). Arggh. It'll get done, just not this month!
Eating like a horse (2000+) and still slowly losing. I get at least 800-1000 calories a day in official exercise so that explains it. I just can't possibly eat any more 'good' food. I refuse to eat when I'm not hungry. That got me fat! Seaking of culprits:
I can eat that many calories in ice cream, though. *sigh* I love ice cream. And gelato. And semifreddo. And frozen smoothies. And, well, ice cream!

Gotta go blowdry 2 dogs. Yippee.

SW: 149 20.4%
CW: 145.2 19.1%
Closed Thread