Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 156/157/142

Height: 5"4'

Was out of town, helping my ailing brother, for 6 days this time. I seem to have lost a couple of lbs with all the stress and travel. But I haven't exercised for ages, unless you count walking. I doubt I could run a solid mile today.

And then... my DH made yet another batch of chocolate chip butterscotch cookies.

I'm gonna get to the 140's, dammit.

Heidi... New haircut since I last checked in? Cute.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Dang it. Hit a button or something on my iPad and lost a whole post. I'll try again.

2FatCats: I am in awe of your progress. You are truly an inspiration. This has turned into a chat thread. It's the only one I can keep up with because it's small and manageable!

Junem: I hope your brother is doing better. It's so hard to have an ailing family member. I'm sure you'll be in the140s soon-- you are so close!!

Zumba: Your aqua fit class sounds like fun. I'd definitely take your classes if I lived there. Hope you had a great time last night.

Sum: I thought about you a lot last night. I hope your evening went well.

Hi to anyone I missed! I had a good night last night. Went to the first of about a million graduation parties last night (grad parties are like mini wedding receptions here for some unknown reason). We went out to eat before (Greek salad with gyro meat), so I wouldn't eat the party food. I only had one cake ball. I bought a pair of peach skinny ankle jeans and a dark denim shirt to wear, and I actually felt like I looked pretty good, which is a huge accomplishment. Today I start the power cleaning for our grad party next Sunday. Hoping to burn lots of calories, so maybe I can actually get into the 160s! Have a great weekend!
Old 05-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #123  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Thanks ladies Date night was a very nice one!

And since I indulged on sodium rich food, scale jumped to 158.6. My body seems to love that number. This time around I have had harder time getting out of 160's and high 150's than ever before. I used to be able to waltz down to 152 pounds and then get stuck.

DH showed me a picture of me from 2005 where I was quite bare skinned and boy did I look good! My guess I was around 120 pounds. I want that back, so I am even more motivated to break this silly 158 barrier and march downwards.

I finally took my measurements, I have been avoiding it. I will measure twice per month, try to get it done 1st and 15th of each month. Anyone else measuring themselves here? -- Last time it kept me sane because during the times scale was stuck, I could see that I was still shedding inches.

I am off to my 5 mile walk...march... march towards 125
Old 05-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #124  

Sum: I'm glad last night went well. I need to take measurements. I haven't for a super long time because I don't want to face reality, but if I can get on the scale every morning, I should be able to measure my waist!
Old 05-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #125  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Sum: I'm a measurer. It does help to see progress when the scale is barely moving. And the lower the scale goes, the fewer lbs it takes to see a difference, too. Surprisingly, after 3 lbs I can see a half inch or so off hips/waist! Just keep up with the weights - love them or not - they love you!

Glad 'date night' went well! Hubby and I went out to dinner and I have come to the conclusion that I am a big waste of dinner $$. I can't finish my dinner...well, I could(and would) have in the past! And leftovers just aren't my thing. *sigh*

Jennifer1966: Thanks! The way you've been after your yard and house I'm sure it will be perfect for the party! Mine needs a good cleaning, too...and since it's raining today...no excuse not to do it. And as far as measurements go - do it!

Junem: Hope your brother is well. And don't worry about the 140s - they'll turn up! Just start running to you catch them!

Zumba: I am with you on the daily weigh-ins. When I stop is when I start to gain. Or maybe I start to gain so I avoid the scale. Hmmm. Either way - I have to weigh every day to hold myself accountable. I don't worry if it's up a pound or so. I have set a no-sh$t red line weight (150) at which I will slap myself back into reality and get myself under control and stop doing whatever it was that made me gain. I learned the red line thing from the maintainers area - those folks are great, too!

I guess I need to get busy with housework. Bleh.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #126  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Happy Mother's day to all moms; human and furbaby kinds.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #127  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Happy Mother's Day, all! We're leaving for the zoo in a few minutes(my request for Mother's Day) but I just wanted to check in and say hi.

I finished my 5K in 33:11..I was very happy with that since it's a hilly course and I've been training flat..also I only got a few hours of sleep and felt like c r a p. As soon as I started running, though, I felt fine and was OK for the rest of the day..tons of running around with family. I slept well last night.

I'm really detremined now to do a 5K in under 30 minutes this year..I know I can do it.

Talk to you all tonight!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #128  

Happy Mother's Day to all!

Nat: Great job on the 5k! The zoo sounds like fun.

I'm going to my mom's for a huge luncheon. I'm going to try to eat well, but healthy choices will be limited. I may eat veggies before I go to stave off bad hunger eating. I seem to be plateauing at 172-173. It's been more than 10 days at this same couple of pounds. I'm starting to get frustrated. I think I need to do something to get past it, but I'm not sure what. I really wanted to be in the 160s for DD's party, which is a week from today. Any ideas, ladies?
Old 05-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #129  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Jennifer You probably need to add some more exercises like weight lifting (yuck ). How are your calories? What does your average day look like? Then again, I have been stuck at 158 for the same amount of time, and I have no idea why Our bodies are a mystery, just watch we will get a HUGE whoosh soon!
But if anyone would have insight what I am doing "wrong" please help me (and Jenn)....
I;
1) walk 7 days per week 33-35 miles per week
2) weight lift 50 min 3 x week
3) eat 1300-1500 cal per day, avoid carbs and sugar
Old 05-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi all..I hope all you Moms had a nice Mothers day. Mine wasn't so nice....unfortunately.....but I made the best of it. Chose to have Indian food which was super high in carbs and carvel for dessert...major gain this morning. I'm doing a two day cleanse again to try and get some weight off quickly. I"m ashamed of how I've been doing on my program, it seems like it is going to be just another thing that I tried, spent a fortune on and screwed up.

My friend in Atlanta is losing major weight by doing HCG shots. She says they cut her hunger. She needs to give herself an injection every day. She gets the shots from a doctor. I looked to see if there was a doctor that did this around here but I am not finding anyone. I don't think I could shoot myself up anyway.....the thought makes me feel woozy.

Going to teach a toning class today and have so much to do. Food shopping being on the top of the list. Even though I'm cleansing I still hve to shop and cook for the boys..this creates a challenge.

I hope everyone has a nice day today. I'm trying hard to get out of this funk..it is hard..I'm so tired of feeling this way....I'm tired of not fitting into my pretty clothes and now that the warmer weather is here there is nowhere to hide. I'm ashamed of what I did to my health and my body. I'm tired of coming on here and whining when all I really want to do is show some progress and move my ticker in the right direction.

I have to do 80 squats today for the squat challenge...I think my toning class will be enough exercise for the day but then tomorrow I plan on incorporating more activity ..maybe i'll finally do those kettlebells...LOL...they are still in the plastic....Truly feeling like a big fat loser today...
Old 05-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #131  

SUM: I'm not an expert other than my AFAA degree....it looks to me like you have a good combination of cardio and strength training going on. That doesn't seem like a lot of calories for someone that works out that much but I'm not a big believer in feeding the body massive amounts of calories and hoping that works. Is your walking a brisk walk? Can you turn some of that walking into running to kick your metabolism in the arse?

JENNIFER: how was the huge luncheon? Hope you had a nice time.

NATAMARS: Hope you had a nice time and enjoyed the zoo. I miss having younger ones that I could do that stuff with. I want to do the warrior dash this year but don't know how I can expect to do that unless I start running, and running is so NOT my thing. I give you credit for wanting to do a 5K. Runners are so cool!!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:29 AM   #132  

My Mother's Day was lovely. The luncheon went well, I had turkey meatloaf, broccoli casserole and mac and cheese, with just a bite of cake and pie for dessert. The crazy thing is after eating those completely high-fat/calorie foods yesterday, I finally broke out of the 172._! I was 171.6 this am. It's not much, but after 11 days between 172-173, I'll take it!
I'm hoping to burn a boatload of calories this week cleaning my house from top to bottom for DD's party. Scrubbing baseboards has to be exercise?? Have a great week!
Old 05-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #133  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

sum - I hope you an DH can work everything out. Glad the date went well!

I rode my bike 7 miles today. I am so out of shape it's ridiculous...I was so winded by the end of the ride and I am exhausted right now.

My eating has not been what it should be. However, I am proud that through the last few months of putting pounds back on I have stuck to drinking water, tea or coffee (no soda!) - bread only once a week - pasta maybe once a month or less - and avoiding foods with high fructose corn syrup. Gotta focus on what I am doing right sometimes!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #134  

Guac: I'm impressed....you seem to have a really clean diet....You are doing really right, give yourself some credit!!!

Jennifer scrubbing baseboards is probably harder than any bootcamp class out there..LOL! I swear, my grandma was never fat and a strong woman, probably because she was a farm woman that also did a ton of housework at home.....there's something to be said for housework.

Well, I felt like a cow today looking at the mirror of the gym. I just can't get ahead, I don't understand it. I'm on day one of my fasting cleanse. Doing okay.....Im going to try and do another day of it tomorrow. I guess I won't be skinny and gorgeous by thursday for the yankee game..LOL....
Old 05-13-2013, 08:26 PM   #135  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi everyone! Wow is time zipping by! I've been thinking about you guys, chicks I mean, Got a little not really off track, but definitely the potential for sliding down the slippery slope that i swore I would never ever ever slide back down. So, had a great day today. Feel like I got myself back on track. One of the things that inspired me today was this challenge. So I owe it to you chicks to get caught up and be a better participant. Thanks for picking me up!!

Best to all
Closed Thread