Old 01-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #31  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Junem- Welcome! You came to the right place!

Newleaf, that's a great goal! I'm planning on exercise a minimum of 3 days per week. Any more than that, I end up stressing myself out. I'll probably take advantage of my extra time in the next couple of weeks, though, before school starts.

Oh Sheila, I'm so JEALOUS!! My scale went UP another pound!! I'm now four pounds above my first goal weight! I know it's a lot of water with my popcorn binge last night, and the 5K, but sheesh... I was not prepared to see 153.6 this morning!

But even with my greenishness, I must still wish you a congrats!!

I went to Lifetime Fitness today and had my "health score" done. They look at cholesterol, blood sugar and other stuff.... I was surprised my blood sugar was so high, and that my orthostatic bp dropped, but then again... with being sick, my adrenals are probably so tired, and then there's all that holiday binge.... maybe I'm not surprised. My blood sugar is really all over the place so I need to work on that. I can't imagine 15 additional pounds will make any difference, so I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to become diabetic. I already eat pretty healthy. The holidays, however, not so much. Maybe talk to my doc in another month or so when I've gotten back in to the swing of things.

Then I worked out with a personal trainer. With the 5K yesterday, I'm tired and sore!! I wish I could afford one on one with a personal trainer more often.

Last edited by twinieten; 01-02-2013 at 04:03 PM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Healthy breakfast, healthy lunch. Water is on track. Walked for 55 mins. Now I have to get ready for work. joy....

junem: Weclome to the board! Hope you find the encouragement & support that will help you reach your goals!

twinieten: Yes, if you can head offf diabetes before it becomes an issue...DO IT! My hubby is diabetic (insulin controlled). It's do-able but it seems to bring along many friends (other healthy issues). His health is one reason I am doing what I am...I figure if we do it together, he has a better chance of being healthier.

newleaf: Your goal sounds a bit like mine. I can't seem to count on my body to "let go of the pounds", but I CAN make sure that I exercise at least 5 days a week. I don't know if I'm going through menopause or other things...but it appears that something seems to keep the pounds hanging on. It's irritating but I'm not going to focus on numbers on the scale...that will come. I'm doing my "Field of Dreams" mantra...if I exercise, the pounds will drop.

Sheila: Leave the wine in the bottle. Remember that the wine is not as terrific as loosing those few pounds that are bugging you. Also you want those pants to be looser, right? Come on, put down that wine glass. You deserve better!!!

nonswedewest: Welcome to you. May we be able to help you & your hubby reach your goals. MN, wow that is a cold state! I'll send you a little CA sunshine if I could!!!

NEMom: Glad you're still plugging away on not smoking! AWESOME!!! I'm so proud of you! Loosing weight is tough, but adding in stopping smoking is a double-whammy, but YOU ARE WORTH IT!!! Good for you! You are an inspiration to all of us! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Gotta run. Work is waiting for me. More laters!

BE HEALTHY! IT IS DAY #2 OF 2013! BE THE AWESOME WOMEN I KNOW THAT YOU ARE!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

Today I started strength training for the first time. My muscles feel weak right now, whcih means I'll probably be very sore tomorrow! My big present to myself was a weight bench that came fully assembled! I had tried to buy one at Walmart but when I opened the box and saw how much assembly was involved and I remembered my history of assembly fail on even the simplest projects, I realized that was not for me and I returned it. I ordered one on amazon that had free shipping and it came fully assembled. It's small, so probably not great for a taller person, but it's perfect for me, and adjustable!

I haven't weighed myself yet. I'm too afraid. But I'm eating well. I am also weaning myself off wine. I had a LOT over the holidays but right now I'm having about a glass, but my eventual plan is to have it just on weekends or special occasions only. It's probably the hardest habit to crack because I associate it with post-work relaxation! I dont' even drink that much usually - just a glass, but a habit is a habit, and it's not doing me any favors as far as I can tell!

@twiniton - oh, I wish I could justify getting a personal trainer. That sounds intense! I need to get my running back in gear, too!

@MrsTryingAgain - go you on the morning walking! It's too cold where I am right now, brrr.

@newleaf - that sounds like a great challenge!

@sheila22 - I'm feeling you on the wine! I'm allowing myself ONE glass tonight (as opposed to the multiple glasses I was having over the holidays!) and am going to wean myself

@NEmom - go you on the continuing to not smoke! That's so excellent!

@sum38 - I'd like to join the walking (or running) challenge!

@2fatcats - wow, posting my weight at work sounds like my very worst nightmare, LOL!

@zumba - yes we can do this! This is our year!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #34  
Overweight again...dang

olehcat- Me too! I love my evening wine, but when it came to calories, I just couldn't justify it and saved it for weekends, special occasions or days that ended with ef-it. I tend to like it or want it more when it's cold, but in general, I don't want it as much as I used to a couple of years ago.

Good luck with the home gym! I think investing in home equipment was the best thing I could do for myself (and my family if they decide to use any of it). I went back to the gym, but I still like the idea that I can get in a quick 15-20 minutes at home without even bothering to change my clothes or put on shoes, if I just don't have time.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #35  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

I love having a home gym, too. I try to make it to the "real" gym 2x a week, but all the rest is at home. Also, I keep a set of dumbbells at the garage door and try to lift them a few times when I go in and out. I figure it can't hurt LOL

Last edited by newleaf123; 01-02-2013 at 08:38 PM.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #36  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

WELCOME Junem and nonswedewest! And if I forgot anyone - WELCOME!
It's hard to keep up!

@ Olecat: Epsom salt may have saved my life yesterday! I did box jumps and step ups wrong! Note to self: Always use your entire foot, don't jump and land on tippy toes. Ooops. Apparently I go up and down stairs on my toes, too. When I use my entire foot - glutes and hammies. Who knew?? I paid for my tippy hops - Quads tried to kill me in my sleep the first night. But - after 2 hot epsom salt baths yesterday, some time with my trusty heating pad I was fine by my 1700 workout tonight. Okay, not fine but just normal sore. Not the "ohmygoshican'tsitdownpottysore". Good thing hubby doesn't leave the lid up - my quads would have dropped me in! And forget 'hovering' in public - I just held it.

@NEMom: Keep up the excellent non-smoking work!

@Mrs/Olecat: Currently it's -6, with a feels like -21. Absolutely NO walking outside in my future.

About B12 thing: When I was super tired - it was an extremely low vitamin D...gotta love living in the frigid north!

Tomorrow is a super-fun dr. appt - ultrasound. The internal kind.
Gotta love getting older. TOM is closer together, much much heavier and longer. Just hoping everything is okay since I'd really like to keep all the parts I came with! Perimenopause needs to become menopause because I'm over it!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:32 AM   #37  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I ended up spending my day cleaning up my house, never ventured out for my walk -- I must get my mojo back what comes to exercise!

I ate clean, but scale did not reward me. 159.2 this am

Sending to all.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #38  
Overweight again...dang

I'd say cleaning the house is exercise enough Sum! I have yet to get to mine. My week off is whittling away. I'm hoping to get a lot done tomorrow.

2FatCats... OMG I know that sore! I hope your foot feels better! Have you ever tried epson salt lotion? You can make your own. I haven't thought about that in a long time. I should try making a batch, myself! Ew, I hate that kind of ultrasound. Just go to your happy place. I hope it goes well!

I have made no progress on my weight loss for 2013. I ended up eating very badly yesterday... Starbucks, and a muffin, and topped off my evening with a glass of wine. Lots of carbs, lots of calories. The only good thing I did was order a "skinny" latte, which shaved a couple hundred calories off the trip. I knew what i was doing, and I 'gave myself permission'. It wasn't a willpower thing. But regret usually happens in the morning. I'm still a whopping 153, a full 4 pounds heavier. I need to get serious.

Today I will take my kids to the science museum, and I plan on a run this afternoon when it's not too cold outside. Unless we get home from the museum late.... no matter what, I'm going to go to a yoga class tonight. It's been a long time since I've done yoga, and I loved how yoga gave me strength and flexibility.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #39  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

2fatcats good luck with your ultrasound today; I hope all is well. I've had my share of those; no fun...

Sum38 you'll get your mojo back, no doubt. I find that when I eat well but don't exercise, my scale doesn't drop either... what's with that?! Ugh. Hopefully you get your exercise today and get that drop!

Olehcat I hope you're not too sore today.

I had a good day yesterday -- ate well, exercised well. Had a scale drop today. Love that positive reinforcement! Hoping for the same today. I'm going to go get on the elliptical in a few...
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #40  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Overall I had a good food day yesterday. Ate a little too much dinner but still in calorie range so I will call it a win.

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Actually, I think I went to bed on the wrong side of the bed last night. (WARNING, I NEED TO VENT, PLEASE STOP READING IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO HEAR MY PI$$ING AND MOANING)
I maybe PMS or something but I am so over my family, life and annoyances that are driving me crazy.
It is my own fault I am sure but I am so sick of my lazy family. My hubby was home all day yesterday as were my teenage boys and do you think one of them could do so simple as unload and load the dishwasher, could my son take his empty laundry basket out of the kitchen and down to the laundry room on one of his many trips to the basement? Heck no. Mom will do it.
Could my mom, who lives with me get the mop and wipe up the dog pee in the dinning room last night. It was right by her desk. No, she puts down a paper towel, not even making the slightest move to actually wipe it up and then she leaves it on the floor. UGH.
Could my 21 year old daughter figure out her book purchases and take care of her moving arrangements. Why am I in charge of renting her books and figuring out how to get internet to her new location. Why couldn't she have just stayed in the dorm for one more semester? Does she realize how much this stupid move is costing ME? and the stress it is causing ME? NO! All I am going to hear about for the next 4 months is how unhappy SHE is - she caused it! UGH. I am so over it all. I just want to run away from all of them.
Guess what I get to do tonight after work - go home and clean my stupid house because I have to go out of town this weekend to move my DD to her new temporary location for the upcoming semester and I know that no one at home will lift one little finger while I am gone and I don't want to go home after a long weekend with dog hair and a dirty bathroom to look at.
Poor me I know. Just not feeling like a very appreciated wife, mother and daughter today.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #41  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

(NEMom) Just don't smoke!!! -- I think holidays are really hard when all of a sudden the whole family is together and family dynamics are off.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #42  
Overweight again...dang

NeMom! I know how you feel. My kids are home for vacation too, and the place is a disaster area. They were talking about allowance tomorrow (my payday, I get paid, they get paid), and I pointed out that I reserve the right to keep their pay if I have to chase after them to do the jobs they have been asked to do. I mean, if my boss had to do that, I'd get fired. I can't fire them, but I can withhold pay. UGH!

I think it's the season and it's really hard when everyone is home, all day, all the time, making messes...... I tell myself that some day, they'll all be grown and gone and my house will be quiet, empty and clean all the time. Enjoy the chaos while I can.

Your disclaimer made me laugh!

Last edited by twinieten; 01-03-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 191/184/140

Height: 5'4" BMI-31.6=OBESE!

I've been doing good up until yesterday. We had a pizza and chicken wings from pizza hut for dinner last night and today I woke up feeling like garbage. I'm trying not to beat the crap out of myself and I'm trying to just move on and continue. So today I am going to stay on my plan as if nothing happened yesterday. Funny thing is I was so proud of myself this week because after the holiday I only gained 1/2 pound. I guess I blew that! Glad I didn't brag about it. hahaha.
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Wow - this work re-entry thing has really thrown my exercise off - I didn't exercise either yesterday or today - and tomorrow I have a 7am meeting

...HOWEVER, I WILL run when I get home from work tomorrow night.

I was literally so busy today I didn't eat until this evening - I know that's not good - - I ran out of the house for an early meeting (forgot to grab my shake) - then my daughter called me from school sick - the doctor worked her in so I had to run there at lunch then right back to work - - thank goodness I used my crockpot this morning and my veggie chili was waiting for me when I got home!!

So - VERY low calorie day (which I guess is good) - - weird thing is that I wasn't even hungry - think it was because I was so pre-occupied with everything.

Just wanted to check in - I hope everyone has a great Friday, and I will try to catch up on my post reading and posting over the weekend!

Oh - scale went down another pound this morning - - 147! - - HAS to be loss of water weight coming off!
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

Hope everyone is having a good day!

I AM a bit sore today from the strength training, but mostly I'm worried about my knee that has been really sore since I did some lunges/squats last week. I'm afraid I've messed it up so that I can't go running. Ugh. I just can't seem to get myself to the gym (I HATE going this time of year because of all the new year resolution people who go for about 2 weeks) and there is ice on the ground outside so I dare not risk running outside.

Sheila - YUM! Love veggie chili! If I wasn't too lazy to go to the store this evening, I'd get the ingredients and make it for myself!

valentine - I've been in a constant fight with myself about ordering food. Mostly I've won and been able to resist. Just reading your post above has helped me resist again. I know that I, too, would feel like garbage afterwards if I did it! Thank yoU!

NEMom - yep, been there, done that, with irritation toward everyone in my family when we've all been together for too long. I felt like that after only a few days hanging out with my parents and sister's family this holiday season!

@newleaf - not too bad with the soreness, but definitely sore! And go you on the scale drop!

2fatcats - yes, an epsom salt bath sounds LOVELY right now. I think I have some...hmmm...might have to do that before bed! Except seriously, my cats try to get in the tub with me, thus taking away the relaxation factor, especially because I know they don't really want to and when they discover they're jumping in water, I'll be clawed up!

@twinieten - yes, I have a plan to cut down on the wine, but not until after this weekend. I'm cutting back on the food first, then wine.
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote