Old 09-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 174/170/145

Height: 5"3 1/2"

I really need to get some motivation to use my YMCA membership. It is really hard right now. I am not leaving school until almost 5 every night because we have had so much extra put on us with the new evaluation process. by that time, I cant make myself go to the Y. I just want to go home and veg. on the couch.
lorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:40 PM   #62  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Did 3 mile run today and down to 263 yahoo... almost 30 lbs gone now. So exciting!
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 291/216/146

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies!

So glad to be checking in with you today. I have been out of town on family business and still managed at 3.2 loss for the week. I increased the amount of exercise I did too!

It is easy to see that exercise is SUCH an important part of the equation.

I so enjoy reading all your successes and share in all of your struggles.

syndehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi everybody...managed to lose a few more lbs in bloat....I feel so much more comfortable!! AF showed up which helped a bit. Trying to stick to the high protein low carb thing.....it is a beautiful day out today so I plan on taking a long walk on the beach....Hope everyone has a great day..hang in there all!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #65  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I did another 25 mile bike ride. I needed it. We had an amazing wedding to go to yesterday and over indulged quite a bit with wine and food. Therefore today I need to eat clean. -- I feel really good after my bike ride, it is physically quite demanding but I love the path I bike on, very quiet and pretty scenery.

Scale loves to hang around 152 pounds...maybe eventually I'll break the barrier. -- Interesting thing happened. I saw some pictures of myself around 135 pound range.... I was not exercising a lot just watching what I was eating.... I almost looked fatter then than I do now at 150 pound range. -- I have worked out for nearly a year now and I think it shows. I have less cellulite, actually barely none on my legs whereas I had loads of it at 135 pound range...I guess I was skinny fat?
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #66  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Zumba I envy your 140 pound number You will see 130's this week, I am sure!

syndehat
Congrats on your 3.2 pound loss!

sept2012 Wow, 30 pounds! That is fantastic!

lorman Did you make it to the Y?

AnimaBella and Guacamole

Sending to everybody!

Last edited by Sum38; 09-16-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #67  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, sum38! Hello, ladies! You are all amazing and I hope you know that! What we are all trying to accomplish is so hard at times. It's so nice to have you all to give me determination when mine is failing.

Sum- it's interesting because I was just thinking that the last time I was 150lbs about 8 years ago I was solidly in a size 10. In fact, 10 s were loose. Now I can only fit into the roomiest of size 10s - most are still too tight even though I am the same weight as before. I think I was working out more and of
course, was 8 years younger! I have been exercising since the spring
So maybe it will pay off soon.

It is going to be a bumpy ride these next few weeks. Lots of family events and food! My eating is totally off track. I have been feeling kind of lost and my clothes are feeling tight. Waiting it out till the celebrations die down in October. I wonder if it's possible to make it to my goal by January which is my birthday. Seems optimistic right now.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello Everyone! Happy Sunday!

BEAUTIFUL day here - mid 70s and Sunny! This morning was cool - in the 50s - so I put on my tennis shoes and went to the trail for a nice long run in the cold crisp sunny weather! It was AWESOME! Then I came home (kids were still in bed) - and I cleaned the top floor (my bedroom gets as out of control as my teenager) - in fact, my teen daughter's room is typically cleaner than mine! LOL

Then my son went to play with some friends and my daughter and I went to the mall - I got a new sweater (it's SO cute!) and also a set of stacked rings from Banana Republic. Then we went to the health food store (my daughter did some shopping at Ulta and got her brows waxed) - - but I'm completely set food and drink wise for the week! :-)

Tomorrow - soccer game after work - then I'll run while my daughter watches the JV game. My weight went up 2 pounds --- not sure why - but I'm not worried - I know I'm burning a lot more than I'm taking in - - maybe it's muscle weight from the running?

Anyway - hope everyone has a great evening!
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #69  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Default Football

Oi I am watching football and they just said the stats of a linebacker... 6 feet 258 lbs. sounds like a big guy then I realized I am 3 inches shorter and weigh 5 lbs more. Scary and sad and mindblowing all at the same time. I can't wait till I weigh more like a reciever... 205 ish...
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 275/262/145

Height: 5'6"

Still here...didn't go to water aerobics this morning...am going to do the evening class instead. The rain has started and the pain started..ugh. But I got the pain to stop so exercise this evening. This is my last week before my class starts. Even though I am exercising a lot the weight is slow coming off. Oh well...as long as the scale is moving downward I am happy. I only lost 1lb last week. I guess I really need to get serious about the food I eat. I know there is a lot to improve there.

I am glad to see everyone is doing so well with their exercise goals.
onmiwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 291/216/146

Height: 5'7"

Default Supplements

I take a packet of vitamins every day from a company called Natures Code. They are GREAT! and are specially designed for men vs. women and for women either pre or post menopausal. I get mine from QVC but you can probably find them online too.
syndehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #72  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5`2

Hi everyone
I added my bio above. I used to be active on the board 10yrs ago and I'm back. I've gained back all the weight I lost plus some.
I like to exercise- elliptical, yoga, Zumba, c25k. I'm not on any plan, just counting calories.
Recently I've been diagnosed with asthma after a bout of pneumonia and so I quit the gym and do all my exercise at home.
I've got 2 kids and run a small business (tea and cakes).
As for supplements,
I take evening primrose oil and sometimes vitaminBs. Have you ever heard of a Meyers cocktail? (an iv of B vitamins). It's fantastic.

Last edited by InATizzy; 09-18-2012 at 07:44 AM.
InATizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

139.5!

Woo Hoo! I'm in the 130s!!! SO EXCITED!!!! Feel great! Going to celebrate by taking the kids out to dinner tonight - (of course it's grilled fish and steamed veggies for me - with of course, a celebratory glass of Chardonnay!

Rainy day here - can't believe it's only Tuesday! Hope everyone has a good day!

....oh - saw some of the posts on vitamins - I just started taking 5000 mcgs of Biotin daily - since I've lost all of this weight, my hair has gotten really brittle and fine - my hairdresser told me it's AMAZING! I've also read about B vitamins helping metabolism, so I guess it can't hurt!

Gotta run to work! Just had to share my excitement about being in the 130s again! WOO HOO!!!
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #74  
Fat to Fab and Fit

My body loves, loves and LOVES 152 lbs. I guess I am going to stay here for awhile...lol...so I might as well embrace it.

It is raining...boooo... I was going to ride my bike for 27, yup..... TWENTY SEVEN, miles today. Instead of it, I will go for a 5 mile walk and maybe 30 minutes of elliptical later.

Sheila22 I am GREEN with envy!! I bet you are one hot mama!! Congrats on the 130's!

InATizzy Welcome back! Happy to have you here!!

AnimaBella I take GNC's Women's Ultra Mega; Collagen type 1,2,3; Acidophilus; Milk Thistle; Drenamin.

onmiwei A loss is a loss!!

Guacamole I am sending you to survive all family gatherings.

to anyone else I missed!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #75  
Going for a Personal Best

Been hanging in, working on sticking with lower carb. Picked up a bunch of books for moral support: Atkins, Eat for Life, Dr. Amen. Not that I'm follwing any of those plans, mind you, but I like how I feel with lower carb, more whole foods, etc and these books have all the info and motivational stories related to eating 'right'. I can totally eliminate my carb cravings if I cut them out for a bit...it's that 'bit' that so difficult, though. I need more go-to back-up plans for snacks and meals It's hard with the kids and DH!.

Did an hour at the track (fast walking) Sunday, then walked at the kids' soccer practice last night. Today was up for the 5 am Body Pump. I am already sore...she switched up some tracks so it was stuff I hadn't done in awhile - owww! I'll appreciate it later! If I feel it like this, I know I made good weight selections I would like to do more cardio - need to get the fat burning. I think BP is a little bit aerobic (heart rate is up there on some of the tracks) but I need something more regular and longer. Gotta find time...where there's a will there's a WAY!!!

Waiting for TTOTM to fade before hitting the scale - water retention is just awful right now! Sometimes it's no problem, but other times it's insane. I can tell this is one of THOSE months. Will have to ride it out and stay on track.
gracenoted is offline   Reply With Quote