Old 09-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello Everyone!

Home for lunch - just had a piece of cold grilled salmon and a "calcium boost" salad with various legumes, spinach and tomatoes - YUM!

Am really not into this work week. Just feeling a bit "blah"....trying to decide if I'm going to run on the treadmill after work or take tonight off....it's so easy to NOT workout - wish it were easier!

I'm still flying high for seeing the 130s this morning. Feels great and I'm so proud of how far I've come. Just need to make sure I stay on track and motivated - I don't want this to be a yo-yo story but want to maintain this lifestyle long-term!

Rainy, yucky day! UH! Doesn't help my mood. Three more meetings this afternoon....then done for the day. What is with my attitude?? I definitely need to recalibrate here....hmmmm....

Okay - I'm going to go back to the office smiling and with lots of positive energy! The people in these meetings will be energized after having had the "Sheila Experience"!!! I'm not sure how, but in some way, I'm going to make their "rainy days" better!!! I'm on a mission!! LOL
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #77  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

We must all be in the SOUTH... its pouring rain here today. BOOOO... I get so unmotivated to go out in the rain but I am on my way to swim right now. I feel like a slacker... Have not been reading any posts, have not been posting... have not been reading any stories and have not lost any weight... hum maybe I should take a clue.

Anyway here is to a rainy gloomy day!
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #78  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I woke up in a foul mood. -- It did not help that my college age daughter decided to make a full bfast for herself and left the kitchen incredibly messy. She thinks she needs to have no responsibilities just rights, argh!

I walked for 25 minutes and rode my bike for 11 miles. I wanted to go further but my heart was not into it, today....so I turned around. I think I will walk my furbaby again this evening for another 25 minutes. Forcing myself to get all the exercise in

I think I am feeling yucky because I have been indulging with cheese and my gallbladder HATES cheese. I have felt like throwing up, weight sky rocketed and I look like I am 7 months pregnant. -- I am kinda stupid that way...lol I keep eating the cheese and feeling awful. It will take me atleast a week to recover my cheese binge.

It is beautiful here today. maybe I should appreciate what I have and not focus on my yucky mood

I hope the rest of you are having a good and happy day I promise I will be back being the sunny self soon.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #79  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Default Recharge

Alright Ladies,

My first confessional. I started this process on July 4th 2012. Since then I have worked out 62 days out of 80 days (which I think is pretty relevant considering I did not do sh@t before that). For 11 weeks now I have been pretty much on plan and lost 30 lbs. WOW I read this and feel super super accomplished.

For the first time I broke down and had a night out. A real night out... with 3 vodka drinks, 2 slices of pizza (thin crust but still), chips and salsa, and yes dessert. It was a krispy cream breadpudding. Granted in the 11 weeks my stomach has obviously shrunk so although this may sound like a lot of food I assure you I only ate about 1/2 of what I normally would have. I went with a girlfriend and we also played bar trivia which is always fun. I left feeling happy and satisfied.

By the time I went to sleep my stomach was so uncomfortable, infact I woke pu this morning and still feel full. Thats not the point. I think my point is I woke up and realized that I needed to give myself a little bit of a break so I can move onto the the next 13 weeks (yes only that many weeks till I go home to California for xmas) with the momentum that I have had previously. I think I need to start setting alarms again. I need to hibernate again and I need to have the same drive that I had when I first started.

In the next 13 weeks I could potentially see another 20lbs lost (which is my new mini goal). I want to go home feeling good and confident. By the time some of my family sees me I will have lost at least 50 lbs. Thats a pretty significant amount of weight and I want to see the shock and awe...

What other tools can I use to recharge? I seem to be missing a little bit of that drive that I first had. Slacking here and there on my workouts. Slacking (not much) a tiny bit on my food but I will tell you I know from experience these little bits can add up and before I know it I could be like "What gym?" "What pool?" I don't want that and need a tiny bit of advise from you all.

JO
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #80  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, everyone!

sept2012 - I wish I knew what advice to give you, because I am also looking for a recharge. Maybe looking at photos from 1 year ago or trying on an item of clothing that used to be tight and now is way too big? I also find that reading on the goals thread on this board inspires me - people who have made it to their final goal and the before and after pictures. Maybe making a list of all the ways you feel better now and all the things you hated about being heavier?

I bit the bullet and weighed myself today - 153. Considering I am having TOM right now, I didn't do as much damage as I thought. It's still not good to know that I have been slowly gaining over the last few weeks. I rode my bike for 20 miles today. It felt good to get out on the bike trail again after a few days, but I am tired now!

Good luck today, everyone!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 291/216/146

Height: 5'7"

Default Advice????

The only thing that I might recommend is to continue to give yourself the mini-goals that you have already set for yourself. Also, the physical act of writing out your goals and your plan to get them is helpful to me. When I stop & think about my overall goal of losing half of my starting body weight it seems too overwhelming and impossible to do . When I think about the fact that achieving that goal will likely take me 18 months I freak out. But if I break that BIG goal down into "baby steps" that are more attainable it seems reasonable to think that I can do it. I have planned my success.

As far as feeling less motivated as you did in the beginning I think you need to cust yourself a little slack. You have started a BIG life change here and can be expected to "stumble' now and again. That's OK. You aren't perfect. None of us are. The trick is to recover after the stumble.

Every day we get to make a series of decisions. Some will be good and others not so good. Like me and many others who visit this board, your eating has been and will continue to be a source of difficulty. Understand and accept that. I hate it. But I still have to deal with it. You WILL be successful in the long run.
syndehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #82  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5`2

Sept- Maybe you need an anthem song like Ally McBeal had. Something you can play every morning or afternoon and whenever you feel like going off plan.
In my case, I have my mantra of sorts. Right now it's BBB. Body, brains and budget.

I had a great food day Thursday and I plan on having another great one Friday. Tilapia and lots of veggies for dinner.
InATizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi everyone........I'm not making much progress.....kind of stagnating....cut out sugar but eating way too much bread! Popped in my new yoga DVD only to find out its cracked! Not having a good day..........
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #84  

Hello Ladies!

138 - now 45 pounds down! 10 more to go!!!

Just got off the treadmill - ran 5K as I too had some "liquid doughnuts" last night - figured my poor liver needed some help detoxifying...so I sweat it off....LOL Did you ever hear the saying "Sweat is fat crying" ? I love that one...

I think if we had the key to re-motivation we could all be billionaires....it really does get difficult doesn't it? But I know that once you flip that switch from "want" to "WILL" - the rest is easy because there are no difficult choices to make - you've already DECIDED you're going to eat clean, make time for exercise and DO YOU!!!

For me I use a ton of different little things - my bracelets remind me of how far I've come (one for each 10 pounds lost) - and the 50 pound bracelet hanging on my tracking calendar on the bathroom door, journalling, this forum for sure, music (my "feel good" playlist), buying new clothes, getting rid of my large clothes (no going back!), my workout room (which has a TON of motivational art and sayings in it)....oh, and I have a "vision board" on the inside of my closet - someone already mentioned this, but it's just a cheap corkboard - I have pictures of me when I was thin, also pictures of people running (and now I'm a runner!! ), I have several words, phrases I've cut out from health magazines like "HEALTHY", "STANDARDS", "YOU EARN YOUR BODY", etc....I see this board every morning and it's a great reminder of what I'm manifesting in my life - - hmmm....guess I should find some cute men pics to pin up there....LOL

Anyway - that's what I do. Today I'm going to go and clean out / wash my car, then pay bills (fun), and spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing...I should cook - definitely need to figure out dinner.....hmmmm...it's great soup weather!

Well, I'm off - hope everyone has a good day!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #85  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, all! Quick check-in for the day. Biked 20 miles - not sure when I'll be able to bike again this week, so I made sure to get it in today. So far I have logged my calories - woo hoo! I am feeling completely wiped out right now, just finished eating a plate of scrambled eggs, and now I need to fold away some laundry. My reward will be a nap once I've finished!

Hope all of you are having a great on-plan day!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:01 AM   #86  

Hello Everyone!

No sooner did I post about staying motivated, and I've hit the wall.

Scale this morning said 142 - GRRRRR..... time to kick it up a notch. I didn't run last night - came home and did the sofa / TV thing....and for the next two mornings I have to be at work early and I have dates both tonight and tomorrow night....so my next run won't be until Thursday. That said, I'm going to be extra careful with my calorie intake and try to squeeze a lot of movement into my days.

Really nervous about this dating thing - just not sure I'm ready. Sometimes it's easier to not stress about having to make an effort - - and I'm already feeling stressed about not working out in the evenings because of it....of course if I didn't have early meetings I could have ran in the mornings...(sigh) - at any rate, I'm going to go and see what happens. I really don't have any expectations - not sure if that's a good or a bad thing?

So I've been running consistently (up until last night), but also have eaten a few carbs and have had a few too many liquid doughnuts lately (especially this past weekend). I think that's why the scale popped.

So - planning the food day - this morning I will have two veggie sausage patties with a slice of rice cheese (200), lunch - a salad with tuna, veggies and balsamic vinegar (200) - then dinner date - will have one glass of chardonnay (100) and maybe a salmon salad (400) - - leaves room for a second glass of wine if the date is going good.

Okay - I need to pop myself back up over the line and get the REAL me back! Will focus on "extreme self care" - and do little things to remind myself that I care about myself and how I look and feel. I know it sounds crazy, but even just adding the extra step to my morning routine of putting on all of my moisturizers, eye cream, etc...helps me and puts me in that "do you" state of mind!

I'm off to get ready for the day - I hope everyone has a great one!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:24 AM   #87  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Morning

I went from being super blonde to nearly eggplant purple with some chocolate low-lights and a few highlights... Talk about a huge change. My hair was fairly long as well and now it is sort, and I LOVE IT!!! -- I have very green eyes and this coloring is making them pop I feel good about myself and hopefully this spills over what comes to eating healthy.

I did ride my bike for 20 miles , and I was going to walk today, but I woke up with a cold and I don't like pushing myself when I am sick. I have lupus and if I don't rest during colds etc. I may end up with a lupus attack And then I am bed bound for a few weeks; so not worth it. -- My son is sick as well, so we will probably just do a movie marathon.

Sheila good luck on your dates!! Gotta start sometimes! It will get easier.

Sending to all!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #88  

Just now home - I'm so nervous! Crazy, but true. (sigh) - I hate dating!! Will try to check in after to give everyone the "scoop"....LOL
Old 09-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #89  

Well - no chemistry. LOL

Have another date tonight - we will see!

Can't wait to get back on the treadmill tomorrow - I may be able to sneak a quick run in after work and before the date. No nerves anymore - after last night I realized that this is a process - it's really just meeting people and seeing if there's that "spark" - unfortunately, I have a feeling I may need to do a lot of this before I find "the one"....

At any rate - good eating today so far. Scale is back at 139....I'm only 6 pounds away from my 50 pound mark - that's my October goal. Very feasible and realistic. Just need to plan the work and work the plan...

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 09-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 291/216/146

Height: 5'7"

Sheila

You are right about the whole dating thing being a process. Think of it as an opportunity to meet someone interesting. Igonre all the pressure to rush right out and meet "the one".

Just have fun!
syndehat is offline   Reply With Quote