Old 09-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #46  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I have been way too busy for the past 3 days to do any formal exercise Tomorrow I will definitely do my 25 mile bike ride. Zumba I use cardio trainer program on my phone to track my mileage and speed. I use it for walking as well.

Sending everybody positive thoughts!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #47  
Going for a Personal Best

Is there room for one more in here? I've been lurking for a bit, trying to decide where to settle myself for regular support checking-in, and I think this may be the best spot, if you'll have me I'm definitely in my 40's and definitely trying to lose weight.

I'm on day 2 of an eating plan reboot, and it's HARD. Am trying to avoid the crackers and cereal that's whispering my name... I know it will get easier as the days go by, so I'm hanging in. I'm not totally carb-less, just limiting to one or two servings a day (and preferably not until afternoon) with a focus on vegetables and sufficient protein.

Made it to the gym this morning for 5 am body pump. I've been fairly consistent with this twice a week since the beginning of the year and the changes are amazing. It's still an effort to get there, especially now that it's cooler in the wee hours of the morn, but I can't argue with the results. It's definitely worth it!

Need to get more cardio...somehow. With work, kids, DH, and life,the challenge is finding time. The 5 am slot on non-BP days is open, but it's so hard to get up that early... will be working on it, though, because that's the missing piece right now: regular cardio.

Thanks for being here - your posts over the past months have been very motivating, even though you didn't know I was here I hope I can stick with regular check-ins, now, because I know how much they help with motivation and sticking with it!
gracenoted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 275/262/145

Height: 5'6"

Lost 2 lbs last week. This week I have been working on doing the treadmill for sure along with water aerobics. So far so good. I wanted to do the treadmill for an hour but it has only been a half hour due to me not getting to the gym on time.

I get the treadmill up to an incline of 15% and go for as long as I can. So far that has been 5 minutes at a speed of 2.7 mph. I know it isn't fast or for very long but I can feel it. I then go to 3.2 for 10 minutes and then back to the incline for as long as I can, 5 min so far again. I do like feeling the burn in my thighs and butt
onmiwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

GRACENOTED: There is always ROOM for one more. I like the term "personal reset"...I'm finding myself doing that now....too bad we just can't press a "default" button...LOL

Well I am down a teeny bit, lost some bloat. Was doing great yesterday until I attacked a package of butterfinger bars...I really need to stop bringint that stuff into the house. I like to have treats for the kids because since they were born I've been giving them nothing but whole wheat and organic food..and very little snacks.....I don't want them thinking that "junk food" is a big deal and something they should covet since they never had it growing up.....I saw my son sneaking candy into his room (not sure where he got it from) ....I don't want him feeling like he needs to hide food from me....

ANYWAY my point is I ate butterfinger bars last night like a fool ...still managed to lose some bloat.....

Here's to a healthy day everybody!!!!! No classes to teach today so I am going to either walk, bike ride and do one of my DVD's..preferably P90 because I need that resistance training.....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #50  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

I love it when I step on the scale and I see the same weight I did before... hear me out... I makes me happy that it didn't go up and that I really did lose the weight from the day before. My whole thought process this time around has been that no matter how long it takes and no matter how slow the process may be I will keep going... so staying the same is ok in my mind every now and then. My body is funny I will lose a pound one day and then another pound the next day and then will hold that for a few days (maybe longer) and then it will start over. So at least I know what to expect and how to deal with the none movement.

Last week was not great with excercise. I still did 4 days. This week has started with a bang. Got back on schedule and plan to do my 6 days. I did a walk/run 3 miles on Monday that left my legs hurtin but the good hurt. Today is the same routine hopefully my legs will shake it off and let me finish good.

Hope your all well.

JO
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello Everyone!

Just back from California - I ate "clean" and did a 5K every morning!

Even better - - the team I work with complimented me on how great I looked - It felt great!!

Zumba - - divorce is a bear.....having gone through it myself, I can relate to where you are, although I know each individual circumstance is different. Still, know that you are NOT alone....and your kids will be just fine. In fact, mine told me after my divorce that I became a better Mom! I sincerely believe that they grew through the process too. Hang in there!!!

Well, I'm going to make dinner and RELAX...long week, and early morning tomorrow!
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #52  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, all! Did 30 minutes of weight training yesterday and went for a 2 mile walk/jog today. Been logging my calories. I just feel really wiped out and am not sure why. I need to start taking my vitamins again - that could be the culprit. Feel like I am just barely hanging in there lately. I am glad to read about everyone else's enthusiasm - 5ks and 25 mile rides! It keeps my head in the game to read how everyone else is progressing.

Good luck today!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #53  
Fat to Fab and Fit

20 mile bike ride for me. I could have gone longer, with legs and lungs but my heart was just not into it

I am about to take my furbaby for 3 mile walk.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #54  

Well Ladies - I am taking today as my "day off" from working out.

It's actually hard because I'm so energized by it, but 20K in 4 days ----- coupled with the time zone swings, etc...my body needs a day of recovery - eventhough my mind doesn't.

And I took another HUGE step in my life today. I signed up with a dating service It's hard with my travel, job and kids to meet anyone and I think I'm at an emotional point in my life where I'm ready to date again and find my "Mr. Almost Right" Afterall, we are all "perfectly imperfect" aren't we? I'm nervous, but also excited....my ex-fiance and I left on good terms and still talk all of the time - I've had a hard time "turning the page"...now it's time for a new chapter.

So - good day - - we will see how this works, but the reality is, I'm taking a positive step!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:31 AM   #55  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Good for you Sheila!!!! I am looking forward to hearing how things go.

Guacamole, I know you were sick just a bit ago, could you have a secondary infection of some sort? -- I hope you are feeling better today.

Last edited by Sum38; 09-14-2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #56  

Well, I got on the scale this morning - 140! I'm SOOOO close to seeing the 130s!!! WOO HOO!!!

TGIF!!! So glad the work week is coming to a close. I'm going to go for a nice long run this evening!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #57  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

I have not posted for a bit but have read your amazing progress everyday!
Each of you continue to inspire me and keep me in check.
I have been logging my food and exercise each day. I lost 1.4 lbs this week. Wish it were more but I am happy for the loss. I am so only 2 lbs away from my original goal. Ugh, relosing weight that I lost once and promised myself I would not gain back is not fun.
I always fall off track on the weekends but really hoping I can do better this weekend.
I hope you all have a wonderful, on plan weekend!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #58  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, all! Glad to see everyone posting and progressing! I rode my bike for 4 miles today - it was all I could do. Spent the day cooking yesterday and after all the nightime prep for the next day of school and homework with the kids - I was just wiped out. I have been on antibiotics for over 3 weeks for an infected spider bite - went to the dermatologist this week and he drained and dressed it. I don't know if that is what is making me so lethargic, but I am still so tired and drained. Maybe it's seasonal allergies? Maybe it's the zyrtec I am taking for seasonal allergies? No clue...but the past few days I have had no energy. It could also be my eating - higher carbs/white flour/sugar. I haven't been eating as clean as I would like.

Anyhoo....had a reality check when my little guy asked why I am no longer skinny like in my wedding photos. Why do I have a big tummy now when I had a flat tummy then? I told him it because of all the babies I had in my tummy! LOL! I didn't mention all the fattening foods I also had in my tummy! Well, my kids sure keep me from getting a big ego. I hope it's the reality check I need to get back in the game - my head just hasn't been in it. I want to reach my goal so badly, but I just feel so tired of trying so hard. I seem to be falling by the sidelines mentally. Need to recharge the old batteries!

Have a great weekend!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #59  
Fat to Fab and Fit

AnimaBella I am turning 45 in a few months and for the first time, ever, I was about 10 days late. I had horrid ovulation pains over a week and then terrible PMS.... so I am totally with you -- We can do this horrid menopause together!! Congrats on your loss!! Maybe some was bloat and some was actual weight loss

Last edited by Sum38; 09-14-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #60  

I just ran 5K

Working from home this afternoon - love working in my ballcap and yoga pants --- Squeezed the workout in-between conference calls! :-)....and still managed to check email while I was running! Amazing - running has become like power-walking to me. I can't imagine ever "just walking" again! And I still can't even believe I'm a RUNNER!!!

Tonight the kids come back from their Dad's - - I need to figure out dinner - - - hmmm......

They're here!! WOO HOO!! I miss them so much when they're gone!