Old 09-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #16  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I rode my bike for 27.1 miles. 2h5min...terrible headwind coming back.
I literally feel my fat melting away

cinlo Sounds like a great plan!

Last edited by Sum38; 09-06-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 291/216/146

Height: 5'7"

Welcome cinlo! You will find support here I promise you. We are all in different stages of our weight loss journey and can offer much insight and support along the way.
syndehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #18  

Default *&$@&!!! Men

Sept

I think I agree with all the other gals great advice when it comes to your "chemistry man". It is my experience that if something is important enough to a man he will make time for it. And if it isn't, he wont.

Quite simple really...

This doesn't mean that he doesn't also feel the chemistry that you feel...he probably does. But if he is super busy with work and his kids then there literally might not be enough hours in the day to include a girlfriend. I STRONGLY beleive that much of the success or failure of MANY relationships has a lot to do with timing. No matter what you might do or feel about/to/with one another, if the timing is wrong, it is virtually impossible to overcome.

It is an overused phrase but in this case I think "it is what it is" feels appropriate. Enjoy his company, but don't build your schedule around him.

my 2 cents
Old 09-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi Everybody...
I have been on this board before...I lost weight and thought i had things in control..well here I am again....my clothes aren't fitting and i feel awful...I''m eating everything and anything, and I eat even when I'm not even hungry.......I am trying to turn a new leaf..so Here I am again

I am going through a super ugly divorce, so I think I am turning to food for comfort.....Not sure what I can do to help myself, since eating out of emotions is so different from eating from hunger.

I recently went back on welbutrin, and i"m hoping that helps me lose some weight and stay focused. It is hard to stay focused on weight loss when you are depressed and your life is upside down.

As far as the man advice given here I agree with everybody. Let a man chase you...something I am learning to do right now.

are there any "challenges" going on now?
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 275/262/145

Height: 5'6"

Went to water aerobics this morning...the going to the treadmill before or after seems to be the problem. I did stay in the pool and did my own water workout for 40 min afterward though. I swam a few laps, jogged laps in the pool, did aerobic moves from class..worked the exercises that I felt worked the areas that that needed it.

Other than that I am just cleaning house and getting items ready for the craft fair I am a vendor at this weekend.

Have a great day everyone!!
onmiwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 174/170/145

Height: 5"3 1/2"

Week one down and I lost 2 lbs. Hopefully I can keep the pace. Seems after the first 3-4 pounds I start losing like 0.7 or 0.8 a week. Then it gets me bummed and I relapse. I am going to try hard to not let that happen again!
lorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #22  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Hey Zumba How close are you finalizing your divorce? Sorry to hear that you are struggling!!

onmiwei I miss swimming workouts. -- They blast calories. Good for you!!

lorman 2 pounds is fantastic!!

to everyone else!

I kinda took summer off, or at least the latter part what came to my weight loss and gained 5-7 pounds back. Too many parties and travels. I think I finally found my mojo back and I am back on track. -- I added biking which I am totally getting addicted to it. -- After my 27 mile ride; I AM SORE!!! I am hoping to ride 3 times per week, at least 25 miles each time. The other days I will walk and do elliptical and weights. I am determined to shed 15 pounds by mid November (my bday).

As Zumba asked...maybe a challenge would be a nice? Maybe Thanksgiving challenge?

Sending to all
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #23  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, lovely ladies! I rode my bike for 14 miles today. I have been varying my workouts a bit - jogged/walked for 2 days, elliptical for 1 day, and biking for 1 day. I did weight training for 3 days, but skipped today. Exercising is the only time I can really zone out and forget about my problems for awhile. I haven't really been focusing on the scale that much, but it's been hovering around 152. Even with an upped carb intake, I'm not sure why the scale hasn't been moving down, but I'm going to concentrate more on fitness right now and see what happens. If I'm still not solidly back in the 140s in another month, I'll start worrying about changing up my diet. I am under so much stress right now with my teenage son. I can't begin to tell you how awful it feels not to have a handle on his behavior. I'm so tired of doling out threats and punishments. Sometimes it really sucks being an adult and parent.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello Everyone!

Well, I think I accidentally posted on the August chat a couple of days ago. :-)

Good news - I ran 20K over Memorial Day weekend - 5K a day But coming home on Monday, my daughter shared her head cold with me - UH!

So I took Tuesday off, ran a 5K yesterday on the treadmill (struggled to breathe but I did it), and wanted to run on the trail tonight (race is SATURDAY) - but I got on it and it must have been the heat and humidity but I couldn't breathe - - so I decided to stop, take tonight off and hopefully knock this cold out by Saturday morning!

They say you shouldn't run the day before a race - - but I'm thinking I might do it anyway...any thoughts from anyone with experience? It's going to be my first run on pavement, with hills, and just as icing on the cake it's calling for RAIN. Could it get any more challenging? Oh - - yeah, my head cold and trouble breathing....LOL

But I'm thinking of it like a "warrior dash"...LOL.

Other good news! I weighed in today at 141.5! Hopefully by this time next week I'll be sharing that I'm in the 130s!

Hope everyone is having a good week! Guac - sounds like you're definitely BACK!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:56 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

70% chance of rain and THUNDERSTORMS tomorrow morning! If this race is cancelled after all I've done to train for it, I am not going to be a happy camper....
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #26  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

As always, you ladies really inspire me!

Shelia - I hope the weather clears up and you feel better and enjoy your race. Even if the race is canceled, you have really improved your health and fitness training for the race!

I have had a good solid week of eating on plan. Scale was down 1 1/2 lbs this morning. Wish it was more but am still happy with my progress this week.

I have started using MyFitnessPal to log my food an exercise. At first I was not sure that I liked the program but the longer I use it the more useful I find the app.

Exercise has been pretty good. A few mornings have been cut short because I have ended up cleaning up after one of my dogs. Anyone want a chocolate lab? I am ready to send him to a new home. Ugh.

Hope everyone has a wonderful on plan weekend!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #27  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Just checking in. Been in the midst of poor me for the last few days. I think I have finally gotten out of it. Didn't feel much like posting but I know I need to to keep myself on track.

Been eating good and excercising. Not seeing much in the way of the scale moving. I have been stuck at 267 for 2 weeks now. My body is funny that way I expect to see a few pounds drop off here in the next few days. I still feel great. My body is changing forsure. I am comfortably moved down to a solid size 18 now in mostly all of my clothes. Some of my dresses which were a 18 are huge on me now. That part is bitter sweet only because I love those dresses. By the time it is time to wear them again they won't be worth altering. Oh well a price we pay for losing weight :0

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

JO

Last edited by sept2012; 09-07-2012 at 01:59 PM.
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #28  

Default Check in...

Hello ladies!

Weigh in this morning was no fun. Up 2# which makes me quite upset since I followed plan all week.

The only good thing is that it shows me how I need to start incorporating exercise into my new lifestyle. I feel like I have the eating thing under control/understand how it is supposed to work. Now I just need to add the exercise part.

Originally I had planned to buy a used treadmill from Craigslist but that won’t work. I would need my husband to help pick it up and move it in for me and he is "unavailable" to help. **sigh** That's OK I can figure out a different plan. I am determined to do this and refuse to let his unwillingness stop me.

I am headed out of town for a week on Monday to help my Mom and Grandma with some family business so I am working on ways to be able to stay on plan while outside the "bubble of safety" that I have created at home. Luckily, my Mom has recently lost 80# and is super supportive of me so I shouldn't have any issues with people trying to sabotage my efforts. Still, I am a little nervous about travelling. I will be driving and have already purchased some diet friendly snacks and bottled water to stash in a cooler I plan to keep in my car.

Keep up the good work ladies! Post when you can
Old 09-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

I had a horrible day today......ate a whole box of turnovers. Times like this I feel like I hit rock bottom.

Guac: so sorry you are going through a tough time with your son. My younger son has been giving me a really hard time, he is 12. I think he blames me for the divorce. Anyway I hope things get better for you.

I taught aqua class today and will do some yoga tonight.....Nothing will undo the damage I did today so I'm just chalking it up as a bad day )part of a bad week) and moving on to a new day tomorrow. Can't fit into clothes..yuck...
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 215/142/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi Ladies,

I haven't been here in a while. A couple of vacations and then a ton of stress with my 16 yr old daughter. Guac and Zumba I am right there with you. My older son did not prepare me at all for this. I feel clueless and lost at least half of the time. I'm eating too much junk and I feel like the stress and feeling down is affecting my workouts. I just feel so tired. Maybe some vitamins will help.
cbigsis is offline   Reply With Quote