Old 08-14-2012, 06:47 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello Everyone!

TOM - scale went up to 144.5 this morning... grrrr...

But it's okay - I know I'm heading in the right direction (albeit way too slow!)

Today - dentist appointment at 9 (uh!) then work - busy day which will mean it will go fast.

Tonight - will walk/run the trail, then come home and make a veggie taco salad for dinner (YUM!) - lunch - salmon salad....it will be an early evening - I have to get up at 3:30am to leave the house at 4:30 to catch a 6:15am flight tomorrow (UH!) - so tomorrow will be a long day - I'm going to be sure to pack a "raw revolution" bar in my purse for breakfast ---- in fact, I'm going to do that now so I don't forget. Flight should back in tomorrow at 6:30pm - I'm hoping for no delays, but just in case, I'll throw a bag of 100 calorie mixed nuts in there too...BE SUPPLIED, NOT DENIED!

...I'm "on the wagon" again now until Labor Day - - really want to hit the 130s before leaving for Florida - only 5 (well, 5.6) pounds to go!!!

I ordered an elliptical yesterday for my exercise room!!! It should arrive on Thursday - I can't wait! Now I'm in search for Fitness Wall Art!!!

Last edited by Sheila22; 08-14-2012 at 06:47 AM.
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #47  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Sheila22 -- I have an elliptical and I love it. I try to use it 2 x week... I have a lab mix furbaby, and I need to walk her daily. We usually hike 5 miles each day....therefore my elliptical use has not been that high. I am a fast walker. I usually average 4.1-4.3 mph and it is outdoors on a quite hilly terrain...BUT I think elliptical would speed up my weightloss. You will love yours! What I really need to do is to start lifting more. I hate it, therefore I try to avoid it, but lifting I am sure would give an extra boost.

NEMom I am sure a lot of it is water weight. -- We can do it!! I am working on getting lower as well, after vacations and family gatherings....my scale is officially up by 8 pounds from lows ....

Ovulation is done, therefore I am expecting to drop a pouns or two this week. I want to see 148 by Sunday!! I am determined.

Plan for today
Walk 5 miles
weights!!!!!

Meals
bfast smoothie 350 cal
salad with tuna 450 cal
grilled chicken, veggies and potatoes 550 cal
snacks are TBD 100-150 cal

total 1500 cal
- 500 exercise cal.

Have a happy day ladies
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #48  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Having a rough morning. I know why. I am mad at myself for participating in drama that I should not have. Also my scale went up 2.7 lbs this morning for no reason... I know I know its water weight but sheez... I am staying on plan, drinking my water and working out sometimes 2x per day. There is no obvious reason the scale went up. The old me came back today and wanted to say f it... I am dying for pizza anyway, but as I drove into work the more reasonable side of me started talking again.

SUM38 - why do you think you go up durning ovulation? Maybe thats my issue right now. I never thought of that? I have heard a few days before TOM but ovulation? Thats new...

Hope all is well

JO
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 275/262/145

Height: 5'6"

I am still at my mom's house. I got back home friday. It is a good thing we just joined a gym so i can work out stress at the gym. My sister and I have been trying to eat my mom's diet, she is diabetic and her blood sugar was getting high due to the stress and the not really eating for 4 days.

Still motivated to lose weight and get healthy.
onmiwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #50  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Jo, I guess when body is ovulating and expecting possible conception, if hangs onto water in order to protect the pregnancy... once it does not happen, it releases all the water. Some women gain more during ovulation vs TOM. I go up about 2 pounds for ovulation and 2-4 with TOM. I have charted my weight, daily, since Jan 1st and all my "gains" happen mid month and before TOM, and all my swooshes happen the week after ovulation and week after TOM. -- Our bodies are so strange I swear I did not have this much hormonal fluctuation when I was younger.

omni I am sending hugs and good thoughts to you and family.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #51  

SEPT - YOU GO GIRL!! DO YOU!!! I also have an "ex drama" - - seriously let it rule my life for WAY TOO LONG! Then I shifted to focus on ME - - self-destructing and "numbing" with food (or in my case food and wine) only hurt ME, not him...and then I felt worse and worse - you know the whole spiral thing. Sounds like you're on the right path - but I know its not easy!! Everytime those "f-it" emotions come up (trust me, I've had them, and Lord knows I've caved into them)...pause and say - "who am I hurting here?" I am practicing EXTREME SELF CARE these days....especially when I have the rough ones - I literally have a TCS list ("Take Care of Sheila" )....and when I feel the need to just give up, my default is going for a walk on the trail - but I have also gone and got a mani/pedi, facial, or even go shopping and buy myself something pretty.

Speaking of frustrations - today I went to the dentist for a routine cleaning - they sent me immediately to the periodontist - I lost 30% of the bone between my upper back two molars! So now I have to have a "laser cleaning" - - - then when I went to the periodontist, he took x-rays too, and said it looks like I need a root canal in the same tooth! I'm not even feeling pain!! SHEESH! The lesson ladies - you must protect your gums! I brush and floss, but have always focused more on my front teeth than the back - - now I'm paying the price. Uh - the laser cleaning alone will cost me an upfront $1900 !!!! Their policy is pay first and they will submit to the insurance company to reimburse YOU...amazing. So next Thursday is pain day...I won't be able to eat anything but soft foods for a week - - maybe there's a silver lining somewhere here????

So...given my intense frustration, and the rainy day (which means I couldn't go to the trail) - I got on my treadmill, put on my 5K list and JOGGED / RAN an entire 5K!!! My first time without slowing down to power walk!!!
Took me 44 minutes and 8 seconds....clearly the actual 5K will be more difficult than a flat cushy treadmill, but I've proven to myself that I can do it!!!

Oh - and I also bought myself some new mascara on the way home - - just a little "treat" for me - - I've found that everything is connected to everything - -and just the little things have cascading effects - - when I was 183 and completely "f-it" , not only did I not care about what I chose to eat or drink, but I also didn't care about how I looked - - I got up every morning dreading getting dressed...slapped on my makeup, threw my hair up and "did the day" (I LITERALLY SAID THAT TO MYSELF: "JUST DO THE DAY")...now I find that experimenting with new makeup, a new eyeshadow is another way of me telling myself that I care about ME....so when I'm feeling down, I try to focus on looking good "FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT" LOL....ironically, it really works!!! Then I find that if I'm more choiceful about my looks, I tend to be more choiceful about what I eat, etc...

...which brings me to dinner - - veggie taco salad night!! I'm going to get off of this computer, put on some Jack Johnson, and go into the kitchen and make fresh salsa, veggie taco meat and have it over shredded lettuce. YUM!!

I hope everyone had a great day! Not sure if I'll check in tomorrow or not --- flights are unpredictable - but if I don't, have a great Wednesday!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #52  
"I AM..."

Sum - i guess that makes sense. I guess for me now i only get two weeks of no weight fluctuation per month then. I never tracked it that closely. CRAZINESS.

Shelia - thanks for your words of wisdom. i do know better. My motto has been "I am giving up my past - so I am ready for my future". Sometimes the future seems so far away and today seems so much like my past I have a hard time seeing the good in what I am doing. Tonight didn't get any better but I am suspecting (praying) tomorrow I will give myself a break and the day will just be better.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:55 AM   #53  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Morning

Weight 150.5 lbs (ugh...it is taunting me )

Plan for today
Walk 5 miles
Elliptical 30 minutes

Bfast
~ smoothie 350
Lunch
~ Salad with chicken 400
Dinner
~ Steak with veggies and side salad 600
Snacks
TBD 150
Total cal 1500
Exercise - 800
Old 08-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #54  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Sheila, congrats on your 5K run! -- We had a rainy/misty day as well; I did go out and walk. It actually felt great after that huge heatwave (we live in MI). Sorry about your dental problems! I just had a crown place on one of the back teeth and 4 veneers on front. My dentist does the same with billing, and it sucks. I had to pay $5600 up front, needless to say checking account is a tad bit on a lighter side until the insurance check comes in.

Wishing everybody; have a FAB and FIT day.

Last edited by Sum38; 08-15-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #55  
"I AM..."

Ladies,

Today has been a great day so far. I accepted all of the water weight BS and just moved on.

Did my swim at lunch and am doing a walk/run after work today. I posted some of my mini goals on my signature to try to keep me on track. I feel like even if I can't make them I know I will be close and that will be a huge accomplishment.

The weather has been absolutly splendid here in GA. After a few rounds of crazy thunderstorms the temp dropped to the 70's and has stayed there for a few days! I am loving every single minute of it! The humidity is low and you can't beat that in mid August in GA. Oh and I am once again looking at trail bikes. A friend of mine (who is pretty hard core) suggested that I purchase it off from Craigslist instead of buying new. Ah-Ha I knew I asked him for a reason. Those bikes can be pricy but craigslist is doable.

Hope you all have a great day!

JO

Last edited by sept2012; 08-15-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #56  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, ladies! Just checking in after a crazy few days. Eating hasn't been great, but could have been worse considering all of the food that's been around me. I got two 5 mile bike rides in over the past 5 days. I wasn't expecting to get any exercise in, so I am happy about that. I woke up with a terrible cold this morning and have been in bed all day. Hopefully, it's just a 24 hour kind of bug - my husband and kids are home on vacation and I missed a trip to a water park today.

Hope everyone is doing well - glad to see so many new and old posters keeping this thread alive!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #57  

Just home from Atlanta - - -and you're right Sept! The weather was beautiful! Although I only felt it from the airport to the office and back. :-/

Set my alarm for 3:30am to catch the flight - - it was one of those nights when I woke up throughout the night to check the clock - - think I was worried I wouldn't wake up to the alarm - finally at 2am I gave up sleeping - - so I got up and made coffee - - needless to say, I'm tired.

And also VERY glad I packed my "survival food" - - ate a flaxseed bar on the plane, which was delayed for almost two hours (sitting on the tarmac)...lunch was fine...I had a delicious vegan tomato basil soup and a piece of grilled salmon and steamed veggies - - - was hungry again at about 5pm - - so ate a raw revolution bar from my purse - - saved me from those airplane pretzels!!

Now I'm home - - beautiful evening for a walk/run on the trail, but I'm taking the night off - - I'm simply too physically exhausted. Will go to bed early so I can have a productive day tomorrow.

Guac - I'm so sorry you're not feeling well! DO YOU GIRL!!! Extreme self care!!!

Oh - and when I got home my elliptical was on the front porch ---- assembly required (UH!) - - and it was so heavy, it was all I could do to push it into the house - - will have one of my daughter's football friends help me take it upstairs Friday night. I'm glad it's here though!

Used my new mascara this morning -- simple pleasures.

I'm going to throw on a movie and chill tonight for awhile before bed - glad to be home!!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #58  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Morning

My doggie is dead tired. She is nearly 8 years old and looks like she could use a day off from walking. I walk in some wooded areas with nice trails and she gets to walk off leash. I usually do a 5.1 mile loop and she probably gets twice that by going back and forth sniffing everything and chasing squirrels...so she can only walk 3-4 days in a row and then she needs a rest day. -- Therefore I think I will go for a 12 mile bike ride . It is a beautiful morning. Later on I will lift a bit...hate it but I know I need it.

Everyone have a FAB day!

Last edited by Sum38; 08-16-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #59  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Well, I took a wrong turn and I ended up biking for 16 miles. Feels good though. I think I need to hit the trails more often with my bike, I can already feel "new" muscles

What did you do today to get fit? (except guacamole who is sick )
Old 08-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #60  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

You ladies are such an insperation. I am having trouble getting my groove back but I read here every day and am so inspired by you ladies. Keep up the great work.
I was able to exercise 3 times this week but my food had not been great. I do good all day long and when I get home it all goes out the window. I have been having for stern talks with myself and hoping to get my rear in gear soon!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote