Old 08-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #61  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post

What did you do today to get fit? (except guacamole who is sick )
Hahah just another day at the office BUT... I am walking out the door to continue my race accross the English Channel. 6 miles or so down 900 to go! hahahaha. Seriously though this place is such an inspiration. Funny how you get led in the right direction just when you need it the most. I think I have found the best forum on this site so far with you all. I am looking on craigs list to purchase my first trail bike. Looking forward to mixing up the routine a little.

Sum good job on the bike ride! Thats awesome!

Guac Sorry for the sickies. I hope you are better soon!! PS how did all of the stuff go with your family? I read what you wrote on another forum about how they treated you. Was it good bad or the same?

NEMom - you can do it too

Shelia - good job on the food choices during your trip!
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #62  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, lovely ladies! Glad to see you are all doing well and are mindful of your progress. Sum38 - I am impressed with your 16 miles!!

I am feeling better today - not 100%, but much better than yesterday. I am also on antibiotics for a nasty spider bite I got about 2 weeks ago that seems to have gotten infected. I wonder if I got it on the bike trails? I didn't notice it when it happened. It is pouring with rain here today, so no biking or walking for me. My husband and kids are still on vacation and food is a challenge. Up to 152 lbs this morning. I'm cutting myself some slack until school starts and I have time to myself again.

Good luck today!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #63  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

5 mile walk and 5 mile bikeride for me today. I slept poorly and I feel just drained. I wanted to bike 10 miles but I just turned around and came home; no need to push it when one is not feeling it.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #64  
"I AM..."

Oh Ladies,

I am in dire need of some support. I told you earlier in the week I have been struggling. I am still... dealing with the same weight for 6 days now. Scale is not moving. I have not diverted YET. I am in a little bit of freakout mode as I feel like I have already stalled. IT CANT BE! I have not even hit the 20 lb mark yet. My mind is starting to play with me. Thinking about saying screw it! I thought I had been making some good habits but this week they don't seem to be paying off.

What can I do to recharge and not go off the deep end?

Help

JO
Old 08-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #65  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

SeeMyFeet - love your goals and rules - especially the one about avoiding angry people! That was one of my rules too - except I called them "toxic people." I cut out a lot of negative people from my life right around the time I got serious about weight loss. I also stopped working at a job that was stressing me out. I don't underestimate the role that alleviating stress played in my weight loss.

Sum38 - We aren't robots - we are only human and have to listen to what our bodies are telling us.

sept2012 - Don't give up! I recommend you search and read posts on 3FC by a poster named kaplods. She really puts success and failure with weight loss into perspective. You are a success! A few days or weeks of maintenance is being successful - it's more than most people can accomplish.

Went for a walk today, eating is not the greatest, taking it one day at a time!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:07 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 291/216/146

Height: 5'7"

Ladies

So happy to check in with all of you and see that I am not alone with my struggles and concerns. I sometimes wish that I could have been a drug addict or alcoholic so that I could just go to detox and never have to touch the stuff again. But no, I have to have an "addiction" to food that I am S L O W L Y learning to "manage" . It's not like we can just quit food like you can if you are on drugs or booze.

On the brighter side I am down another 2.2 pounds this week despite having to go out of town on a family emergency and being a little out of my element. I am taking it day-by-day and doing my best. I love checking in with all of you and take such comfort in all your wisdom.
syndehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #67  
"I AM..."

Default i guess i mustsa burned some calories with that willpower

seemyfeet - hahaha thanks for the thoughts... the scale moved a bit this morning and put me in the 20 lbs down place. I feel like seeing that number put me in a better place. Showing me that the hard work is paying off. I didn't cave even though I wanted to for a minute. Now its onward and upward to the next 20 lb goal. My thought process has always been one minute, one day, one step at a time. I went wayward for one of those minutes but am back on track.

So today is the long exercise day. Its 5 miles on the track for me. Walking 3 minutes and jogging 1 for 5 miles. Last week I did 4 do and it damn near did me in, but with the scale victory today I am just going to try to keep in mind that I can do it no matter how daunting it may seem. It was supposed to be mostly sunny here today but I see nothign but gray clouds. I hope the rain holds off until the walk/run is over

Everyone make it a great Saturday. The weekends can be challenging... Keep on track!
Old 08-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #68  
"I AM..."

seemyfeet... hahaah I could care less about what people think of me in a swim suit. Never had issues with that. so did not take it the wrong way. hey... my goal is to wear a Brazilian in 2016 in Rio at the Olympics. I have already recruited my peps who want to go now its up to me.

You found the right support forum. I have found these ladies very insightful and motivating! Stick around. Its good to have you here.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #69  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Greetings from Michigan

We are having an absolutely perfect day, weather wise. I just took a 4.5 mile walk and biked the trails for 8 miles earlier this morning.

Scale is not moving. It is sitting pretty at 150.5 ; oh well this too shall pass.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello Everyone!

TOM - :-/ so I'm weighing in at 145 again - - the good news though, is that I KNOW it's water...and my body is going to surprise me in a few days by hitting that 143 mark and officially being 40 pounds down!!!

I have been working out religiously...and RUNNING THE TRAIL WITHOUT POWERWALKING!!! :-) I can run a 5K on the treadmill now without walking, and I'm at 1/2 of a 5K on the trail - - I can do it!! And I can't believe it, but when I was having a stressful day at work, instead of saying "I need a glass of wine", I said "I need a RUN"!! And I MEANT IT!!

I think it must be the endorphins, but I'm addicted!!

For those of you frustrated...I know your pain...in fact, no one even noticed my weight loss of 25 pounds - - every day I would come home to my kids feeling frustrated that no one noticed...now everyone has noticed! So HANG IN THERE!!

One of the most important "tricks" I learned for weight loss is to sincerely and truly LOVE MYSELF. I NEVER beat myself up anymore if I "fall off the wagon" - I'm human - "progress....not perfection"... ;-)

.....and I found that when I "beat myself up", it was completely useless...just made me feel bad about myself, and made me want to throw in the towel...(that "spiral") - - now, if I had a bad day, I try to say "hmmm...that wasn't one of my better days - what can I do to make TODAY SERVE ME????" - - "What do I really want?" "How do I want to feel?" "Who do I want to be?"

.....and even when no one noticed I had lost weight, the truth is, I felt BETTER when I exercised and ate "clean and lean".....I think it's a personal power thing...but I feel STRONGER when I exercise and eat healthy.

I have often fallen into "victim" mode ---- like I HAD to exercise, and I COULDN'T eat the "good food"....couldn't drink wine --- that was also useless and works against me. Now I look at everything I do as MY CHOICE - I CHOOSE to exercise, I CHOOSE to eat "clean and lean" and I CHOOSE to moderate my alcohol consumption - - and I am CHOOSING to enjoy wine tonight without ANY guilt!

I hope this is helping some of you - but it really is so much more helpful to be self-affirmative!! :-)

Today I had two veggie sausage patties for breakfast with a slice of rice cheddar cheese - lunch - the kids and I went to a Japanese steakhouse - I ordered a kani salad (with no tempura flakes on top), and asked them to cook my shrimp and veggies (no rice) without any butter or oil - and I had a miso tofu soup - - it was all yummy! Then for dinner I made veggie taco salad...just finished it - it was delicious!

I ran the trail this morning, and this afternoon (after school shopping with the kids), I came home and did 100 crunches - I had planned on kickboxing this morning, which would have been a much harder workout but it didn't happen - and I'm not feeling guilty about it - I WILL plan to go Monday night after work though - I want to build muscle and strengthen my core - (flabby abs) - and kickboxing moves me faster to that goal!

Going to watch the Hunger Games with the kids in a bit - - we all had a great day - weather is BEAUTIFUL here! Sunny and 70s....

....oh - and I took all of my "old closet" to the consignment shop - thousands of dollars in clothes, suits, etc...they didn't want much - I got 30 bucks... LOL - donated the rest to charity.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday night!

Last edited by Sheila22; 08-18-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #71  
Fat to Fab and Fit

You ladies are awesome!!

Old 08-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #72  

Hello Ladies!

What a beautiful day it was today! Sunny and 70 - love it!!! This morning I went to the trail and ran, then came home and cleaned out the garage, then went BACK to the trail this evening and did another power walk - 10000 steps! :-)

...also got my landscape beds weeded - I seriously have a thistle problem in my back landscape - it drives me nuts!! Grrrr....

Had two veggie sausage patties for breakfast (with a slice of rice cheese), lunch - veggie taco salad, snack - the remainder of my veggie taco meat with kidney beans - now I'm STARVING - going to make a veggie pizza. (crustless of course)

Hope everyone had a great day!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #73  
"I AM..."

Default So freaken irriated still!!!!!!!!!!!!

I first recorded 272 on the scale on 8-13. I have been boucing around up and down the blasted scale since then. Not going down just up and down. Overall I have lost 6 pds this month (this morning it is 4.5 because it went back up). For the love of god sometimes I HATE being a woman. I hate that depending where you are in the month you can have these fluctuations. I have over 90 lbs left. I am on week eight and have so much time and weight left to lose. I feel so so so discouraged this morning. This is the first time in my entire life that I have stayed on a food program and excercise program for so long without deviating and here I am. I feel like I may as well shove a hamburger in my mouth, bun catchup mayo and all, and it would not make a difference. URGGGGGG!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #74  

Hello Ladies!

Kind of a unique day for me - I had laser surgery on my face this morning (roseacea) and a couple of sun spots zapped - they scab and then peel off (sorry for the gory details) - long story short - I look like I have the chicken pox! Worked from home (teleconference) this afternoon. At lunch I got on the treadmill - thought I would run a 5K - am not sure why, but my body just wasn't cooperating - I "power walked" for about 15 minutes and then simply stopped - - the good news - I just got back from the trail and ran straight for 20 minutes! Felt great!

However - - - my scale is stuck. It's not moving from 145!!! I absolutely KNOW in my gut (literally) that I HAVE to be burning fat! I'm eating right, exercising like a maniac (Love that song - it's on my running playlist - lol) - so WHY CAN'T I HIT THAT 40 POUND MARK OF 143?!? Only two lousy pounds - - and I keep wanting to put on that bracelet hanging on my bathroom door (on the hook that holds my calendar tracking my progress) - - - it's hard not to be down about it....but I'm not giving up!!! And regardless, I feel great - exercise is bringing me a sense of strength I haven't felt in a long time - and running is giving me a whole new level that I've NEVER felt before!

....Sept - don't give up girlfriend! You can do this! You've already lost the equivalent of two large 10 pound bags of potatoes! Just think about that!!! It's an awesome accomplishment!!

I made meatless "meatballs" for dinner with pizza instead of spaghetti sauce...it's a beautiful sunny and 70s evening....too bad it's a work night!

Tomorrow is "camouflage" day - I need to play "makeup artist" in the morning to cover up all of my face scabs...LOL BUT, I picked out my outfit for the day - I'm going to wear mustard "skinny jeans", a white shirt with 3/4 length sleeves with a black sweater vest on top and for "icing" - I picked out a fantastic black floral scarf with pink and mustard colored flowers in it....I NEVER wear scarves - (OR for that matter also mustard colored skinny jeans - lol) - but I want to get more "life" into my wardrobe (and my life) - - my closet looks like it's in mourning with all of the BLACK! I think I thought it made me look slimmer.....so there is a SEA of it! so I'm experimenting with color...

Well, I had better eat dinner - hopefully tomorrow's weigh in is better, but I also know that while I'm burning fat, I'm building muscle...so I'm taking it easy on myself.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!

-S

Last edited by Sheila22; 08-21-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #75  

Well, it must have been the TOM (which is now OVER) but this morning I got on the scale - 143!!!

FOURTY POUNDS DOWN!!!!

WOO HOO!!! I am so thrilled! Really offset my yucky scabs from the laser surgery on my face... My daughter and I ran the trail tonight - She could only run 1/2 way, but it was great going together!

Just had to share my 40 pound success! ....Now onto 50!