Old 03-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 271/219/145

Height: 5'9"

I ended up stopping my fast/cleanse because I didn't like what it was doing to my energy level. Looks like I lost about 4 lbs or so that I can expect to stay off -- was more but as soon as I started eating regularly again some of the water weight came back.

I'm trying something new -- to see if I can maintain a consistent 1000 calorie deficit. Basically, try to keep my calories between 1200 and 1400 and then exercise enough to burn 2400 or so. So far today I've eaten 660 and exercised about 600 calories worth. So I think I can do this.

I've lost about 45 lbs by going really slowly and trying to restrict junk food and sweets but otherwise eating normally. But I think that I want to up the pace with my weight loss for the next 50 lbs to at least 1-2 lb per week. It has been closer to .5lb.

One thing that I've noticed is that I'm not as resilient as I was when I was younger. When I was in my 20's I could withstand a week or so of either crash dieting or pounding the exercise and now either thing totally wipes me out. So I have to go much slower.
defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 198/tracker/160

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi All! I am new to the board, though not new to the battle to lose weight. I would love to join in your thread. I'm 42, almost 43. I'm married, and have three kids. I am a very recently certified CNA, and a hopeful LPN student for the fall session. I look forward to joining in and getting to know everyone.

I lost on low-carb about 12 years ago, and maintained for two plus years; but I got very sick with mono that caused issues with my immune system, and I stopped exercising. After a while I went off the low carb diet as it wasn't sustainable for me. Weight crept back.

Since the one success, I've tried vegetarian/vegan diets, attempted weight watchers, tried watching what I ate and using the various calorie counting sites; but I failed to lose weight unless I went below 1200 calories. This time, I am going the meal replacement plan (Wonderslim), taking all the work and counting out until I lose the majority of the weight. I was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism this week and my doctor thinks that is part of the issue.

I do exercise. I walk the dog 2-5 miles daily, love yoga, and sometimes I jog, though I'm not jogging right now due to my weight. It is too hard on my joints at this weight.

I did lose 7lbs the first week on Wonderslim. It is easy for me to follow and I don't mind the food. I know I will need to address eating real foods as I get closer to maintenance, but I will worry about that when I get closer.

Last edited by Finny321; 03-31-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Finny321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #123  
1 Goal 240 2nd Goal 195

S/C/G: 334.6/262.6/240

defenestrator Sounds like you know your body! Im still treating mine like a chemistry set LOL

hey Finny Welcome!!
ksails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:38 PM   #124  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I'm alive. Just tired and sneezing/snuffly. and tired of being sneezy/snuffly

Finny, welcome, glad to have you join us.

NE, I'm about halfway though the clothes changeover. I'm moving slowly, lol. I'm finding that things that didn't fit last year, fit or almost fit this year. I usually leave a few 'almost fit' things out for motivation, but then never touch them. I'm hoping that will be different this year.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:24 PM   #125  

Unfortunate NSV -- none of my shorts fit!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:11 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 197/197/129

Height: 5'3"

Default Hi all!

I'm new, too. Posted a despairing post on the main 40-something board but am feeling a bit better now that I have 3 days OP under my belt. I am very encouraged by all of you and your tales of 5-Ks, Leslie workouts and shrinking sizes. Hope to join in and bask in your positive vibes and momentum.

Question: just about everyone I know runs. My husband is a marathon runner, as are two of my best friends. Another friend does triathlons, and several run just for fun. When we go on vacation they al bring their running shoes and go together and I'm the one who stays back. I've tried running several times and even have done some 5 ks back when I was reasonably in shape, but I HATE it. The bouncing and pounding--not great for someone of my ahem curvaceous ness--and also I get bored, even with headphones. But it feels like such a "fit person" thing to do, and I like the idea of being able to measure my progress, sign up for races to give me incentive, and join my friends someday in their workouts. In the meantime, I'm hoping to use the elliptical in our basement--in front of the TV and no bouncing--easy peasy! So, do you think it's worth it to try a couch to 5 k program and see if it sticks this time, or should I stick with exercise I like (well, that may be going too far--don't hate)?

Peri
Periwinkle8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #127  

Peri-- if I were you I would definitely start on the elliptical. The main reason why I run is that I have a crazy dog who will eat my house of he doesn't get at least a five mile walk per day. You can keep a journal of your progress on the elliptical too. Maybe try running once a week. I think that running as your main form of exercise now might backfire because you'll feel frustrated with not being able to keep up.