Old 04-14-2011, 10:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'3"

Default not new to this site but needing some help

I am not new to this site, I have not been here though for a long time. started with a goal for when my daughter got married in Feb but failed . Not happy with that at all restarted ww and need a butt kicking to get going, just trying to figure out what days of the week the meeting will work best. Schedules at work changed so may to wt in on a Tues one week and Wed the next. I turn 47 this year and our son graduated basic military training and posted to Esquimalt on Vancouver Island BC for Navy Training, inlaws live on the island also, soooo new focus/plan is my husband runs marathons-at least 2 a year and will be running one in Victoria BC thanksgiving weekend. They also have a 8k run which I am going to attemp to run/walk. We are from Ontario Canada so this will be a nice trip see the inlaws, our son and for me to try this run. Looking for support as I just stated meetings for weight watchers and looking for encouragement and just to chat with others struggling to lose weight
anyone interested ??
hommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/259/185

Height: 5' 7''

Welcome back! Sounds like a good goal.
cajun moma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/Ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I think your goal is fantastic!! And the fact that your husband is already an experienced runner is great...not only can he help you get started, but maybe this is something the two of you will enjoy doing together in the future :-)

What I like so much about your goal is that you have taken the emphasis off your weight loss and put it something more tangible...walking/running 8k. Sometimes I think these types of goals are easier, and more fun, to achieve.

Good luck with everything!
wabrouq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi Hommer! Why not find a support group thread that fits you and your plan? I know for me, posting in the 40-Somethings monthly chat/accountability thread REALLY helps me keep perspective on my efforts. There are lots of threads for support, try to find one that feels good to you and become a part of that. I know there is a WW thread somewhere on here. Over in the exercise threads there are lots of different ones for different types of exercise. I'm sure you can find support there, too. Glad you are here with us! Good luck!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 96kgs

Height: 5.6

Hi I have just joined today and wanted to say good luck, I turn 48 this year and hoping to be a lot slimmer and firm by the time i am 50, hope all goes well for you and you achieve your goal what ever that may be, all the best.
loops330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/Ticker/130

I hate my 40's! It's so much harder to lose weight now. Remember when you could skip a meal and drop 5 pounds? OK, that was a long time ago! But now I could skip a dozen meals and not drop a single pound.
Best of luck to you, hommer - your hubby ought to be a great help with your exercise goals. I know you can do this and there is nothing wrong with walking breaks during a run. That's how I started out running. It takes time to build up the stamina.
jacymacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome back and good luck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote