Old 05-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #1  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

Default Menopause without Hormones - any tips?

Hey Ladies, I have been in menopause for a good six months. I can not take any hormones not even herbal supplements due to another medical condition I have, and I am not sure that hormones would have been a good choice. I had a hysterectomy in my early 30s and they left the ovaries for the estrogen, the ob/gyn says my testosterone is a bit high and will retest that in a couple months. I did have an external and internal sonogram and all looks well.

I do get hot flashes but generally only at night when I am home. My feet are constantly sweaty, ick, I bought some nice quality all leather sandals and have other leather shoes I can wear. I also bought some foot powder spray to cut down on the sweatiness....tmi, they don't stink, thankfully but oh so sweaty feet. I have also noticed a problem with acne as I am prone to it, I am using St. Ives apricot scrub on my entire body and that seems to be working, I also cleanse with tea tree oil soap and use witchhazel to dry out any blemishes.

Any tips to get me through this? I do seem quite moody but I am also in the process of moving, changing jobs and I should mention I live with a mood disorder. Thanks in advance!!!! Sweaty feet, UGH!!!
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Couple of things come to mind.
1. I read somewhere that deoderant on the bottoms of your feet each day could help. Worth a try.
2. I love One A Day Menopause vitamins. I had a hyster in June 2010 and have managed to avoid hormones. I also read that yoga was good for hot flashes. Mine definitely seem better when I get my exercise in.

Wishing you lots of luck!
sunflowergal40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #3  
Onederland - Gotcha

Thanks Lisa! I will try deoderant on my feet and ask the doc about one-a-day menopause vitamins. Thanks for your support and have a good weekend
Old 05-15-2011, 09:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/242/150

Height: 5'1

I have been using home made soap ...one is olive oil soap and a mild carbonic soap, they seem to help. A lot of lotion as my skin is getting dry. For the moods I have been drinking less caffeine and more herbal tea. Sounds like you have a lot of stress besides the menopause. Make sure you have time to sit down and put your feet up (relax)
IAteIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #5  
Onederland - Gotcha

Thanks for the tips IAteIt, I am taking time for me, which is very important for us all! I took time this weekend to rest and I also made some earrings as jewelry making is a hobby of mine I would also like to share that my job and moving situation has a clear focus aka I know what is happening timeframe-wise so I can be proactive the next month. Thanks for your support ladies. It is cool and rainy here and I am fine with that as the cooler weather is much more comfortable for me, lol.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Last year I started having hot flashes. I have not shown any other signs of beginning menopause except for some changes in my TOM. I asked one of the doctors I work for what I should do and she suggested black cohosh. I take an AM/PM formula (one pill for morning, one pill for bedtime) and noticed that it has really helped alot. Just to be sure, I asked my regular doctor about it at my last visit and he said it is completely safe. I found the AM/PM formula at Wal Mart.

Good luck!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote